Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread 01:30 - Sep 16 with 32750 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 19:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 2366 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:13 - Sep 18 by stAteSwan

I swear I've spent the last 10 minutes alone trying to figure out who is going to play where. Two right backs, and what four or five wingers in the starting XI.

Mulder
Roberts VDH CV Olsson
Naughton Byers Grimes
Dyer James Routledge
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:22 - Sep 18 with 2264 viewsairedale

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:13 - Sep 18 by stAteSwan

I swear I've spent the last 10 minutes alone trying to figure out who is going to play where. Two right backs, and what four or five wingers in the starting XI.

Exactly, Stoke manager must be tearing his hair out. Tactics.
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:22 - Sep 18 with 2257 viewsBadlands

Looks like Rodon has
a niggle
annoyed people with links to Man City (or family have)
been kicked in the teeth.
IMHO not a game to introduce more changes than necessary.

Old guard force on through injuries but I don't expect much even their lack of match fitness.

I hope Potter knows what he's doing!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:25 - Sep 18 with 2224 viewsvetchonian

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:22 - Sep 18 by Badlands

Looks like Rodon has
a niggle

Old guard force on through injuries but I don't expect much even their lack of match fitness.

He does more so than your mates who are running the club.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:25 - Sep 18 with 2219 viewsJango

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:16 - Sep 18 by dcd14

Mulder
Roberts VDH CV Olsson
Naughton Byers Grimes
Dyer James Routledge

Id say it’s this team or maybe naughton playing right of a back 3 with grimes and Byers in midfield. Either way I don’t think we’ll be playing many high ball into the box. Could be shawcross’s worst nightmare. Don’t be surprised to him get booked early
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 2182 viewsyescomeon

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:16 - Sep 18 by dcd14

Mulder
Roberts VDH CV Olsson
Naughton Byers Grimes
Dyer James Routledge

That's how I see it with Byers at 10 and Dyer as the "striker" but I imagine in practice I'm imagining a fluid front 4 (wingers plus Byers) with Naughton and grimes as a holding two. With two attacking full back there could be a lot of interchanging which could cause them problems, or it could all go wrong.

Upthecity!

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 18 with 2182 viewsChief

The difference our squad tonight and theirs is absolutely staggering. I'm scared this will be a right tonking.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 18 with 2177 viewspembsjack

Its actually refreshing to see these lineups, different to the normal 11 players behind the ball stuff from last year. Without moaning, just imagine if we had bought 2 or 3 in during the transfer window.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 2126 viewstrinityann

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 18 by Chief

The difference our squad tonight and theirs is absolutely staggering. I'm scared this will be a right tonking.

We could not beat Stoke at their ground with our best teams, football works in funny ways and maybe with our worst looking team on PAPER may cause a nice surprise.
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 2111 viewsPozuelosSideys

Are we playing the old Spain way of 5-5-0 with no discernable striker, or we going with soebody pacy up front like Dyer to stretch them as part of a 5-4-1?

Not complaining mind.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:33 - Sep 18 with 2068 viewsBadlands

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:25 - Sep 18 by vetchonian

He does more so than your mates who are running the club.

Oooooooh!
I'm so hurt by tour bitchy comment but I'm sure you little pals will think you sooooooooo big
This thread is about tonight's game.
There are f*****' loads of others you can take a cheap shot at me for holding a different opinion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:34 - Sep 18 with 2047 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:22 - Sep 18 by Badlands

Looks like Rodon has
a niggle

That’s the second time in three days you’ve tried to undermine Potter. What’s your game?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:34 - Sep 18 with 2042 viewsItchySphincter

Looks like Rodon has
a niggle

Can someone translate this for me please? I think there is a point buried in it somewhere but I can't work it out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:36 - Sep 18 with 2004 viewsJackfath

Let's hope they don't get confused and all stand out wide.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:48 - Sep 18 with 1813 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:03 - Sep 18 by pembsjack

Was that frontline drawn out of a hat?

Someone’s dusted off Bobbley’s tombola machine.
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Sep 18 with 1795 viewsEU5Makaveli

Granted we've been unlucky with injuries and Stoke haven't set the world alight, but today could be a massive reality check for us
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Sep 18 with 1784 viewsLeonWasGod

Interesting selection 😂
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:52 - Sep 18 with 1745 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I have no idea what's going to happen!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:54 - Sep 18 with 1719 viewsvetchonian

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Sep 18 by EU5Makaveli

Granted we've been unlucky with injuries and Stoke haven't set the world alight, but today could be a massive reality check for us

Tonight's selection is a consequence of our dealings in the transfer window. Our manager is doing the best with what he has......also Oli needs a rest but the use of the old guard protects the youngsters should we get a mauling...that won't do their confidence much good.
Rodon needs protecting too.its early days for him.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:59 - Sep 18 with 1621 viewsEU5Makaveli

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:54 - Sep 18 by vetchonian

Tonight's selection is a consequence of our dealings in the transfer window. Our manager is doing the best with what he has......also Oli needs a rest but the use of the old guard protects the youngsters should we get a mauling...that won't do their confidence much good.
Rodon needs protecting too.its early days for him.

Agree, lack of transfer activity was always going to come back to haunt us. No doubt Potter is doing a brilliant job given the circumstances
On paper the squads look miles apart in terms of quality, hopefully we can nick something.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 20:00]
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:01 - Sep 18 with 1597 views34dfgdf54

Shot to nothing this.

Good luck boys. One things for sure, they’ll put a shift in for Potter as they have all season so far.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 20:13]
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:01 - Sep 18 with 1593 viewswaveydavey

At last we've got a striker on the bench.
None on the pitch though...
The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 1544 viewsaspas45

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:01 - Sep 18 by waveydavey

At last we've got a striker on the bench.
None on the pitch though...

Anny streams???

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:04 - Sep 18 with 1521 viewsaspas45

Any streams?

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:06 - Sep 18 with 1474 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Stoke City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:34 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Can someone translate this for me please? I think there is a point buried in it somewhere but I can't work it out.

It's Perch again innit

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024