Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter 13:13 - Oct 10 with 2726 viewsjackharris

Anyone interested?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 13:55 - Oct 10 with 2654 viewsPegojack

No, but could the next owner get some decent real ales in please?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 14:27 - Oct 10 with 2594 viewsLeonWasGod

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 13:55 - Oct 10 by Pegojack

A long way to go for a pint mind....
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 15:25 - Oct 10 with 2525 viewsPegojack

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 14:27 - Oct 10 by LeonWasGod

A long way to go for a pint mind....

I'll be in there before the next two home matches.....
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 15:36 - Oct 10 with 2498 viewspencoedjack

It takes a brave man to spunk 325k into the pub trade these days
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 16:30 - Oct 10 with 2434 viewsunion_jack

All that work, trouble and strife associated with running your own business for £50k a year. No thanks.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 17:25 - Oct 10 with 2347 viewsDr_Winston

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 13:55 - Oct 10 by Pegojack

They tried a few, but unfortunately they only really sold on a match day, which is no good for a real ale.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 17:51 - Oct 10 with 2308 viewspikeypaul

Anyone would be crazy to put money into a pub even crazier to put £325k into that.

A terrace pub like that making £50k a year profit would need to be taking a hell of a lot. I wonder how much staff pay was entered into the accounts ? Not a lot I would imagine.

To put it into perspective the 3 story Village inn freehold in Mumbles went for less than £300k and that came with two large upstairs flats and a huge back garden.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 18:24 - Oct 10 with 2265 viewsAguycalledJack

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 15:25 - Oct 10 by Pegojack

I'll be in there before the next two home matches.....

As will I.

Cracking pub on match day.
Login to get fewer ads

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 10:21 - Oct 11 with 1924 viewsCatullus

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 17:51 - Oct 10 by pikeypaul

Anyone would be crazy to put money into a pub even crazier to put £325k into that.

A terrace pub like that making £50k a year profit would need to be taking a hell of a lot. I wonder how much staff pay was entered into the accounts ? Not a lot I would imagine.

To put it into perspective the 3 story Village inn freehold in Mumbles went for less than £300k and that came with two large upstairs flats and a huge back garden.

What???? The flats alone should be worth that much!! The pub trade is dying, youngsters don't bother with the local anymore, it's too expensive.

The local pub was part of my life growing up, I drank there, I worked there, I found other jobs through people I met there.....I got into trouble there...and I made friends there. Youngsters get tanked up at home now and head straight to Wind street.

Maybe the trust should buy it and make it Trust HQ? Have regular meetings etc. I've never been in the globe so don't know how big it is inside.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 11:39 - Oct 11 with 1866 viewsairedale

Greedy brewers and greedy Government killed the pub trade imo.

The only time we go into a pub is to eat, and we look for the best deal, especially the deals where the booze is included.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 11:41]
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 11:45 - Oct 11 with 1859 viewsThrasher6

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 11:39 - Oct 11 by airedale

Greedy brewers and greedy Government killed the pub trade imo.

The only time we go into a pub is to eat, and we look for the best deal, especially the deals where the booze is included.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 11:41]

You sound as greedy as them...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 12:28 - Oct 11 with 1813 viewsVARDREJACK

I am in the pub trade myself and people don't see the horrific bills that come with it, My Electric bill is approx. £650 per month Gas bill (winter) £400 per month, plus water rates, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Business Rates, Council Tax. And im lucky my pub is quite small, I don't blame Paul for selling up and getting out of the trade, Like someone else said drinking habits have changed a lot since the 1980s & 1990s
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 12:30 - Oct 11 with 1808 viewspikeypaul

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 10:21 - Oct 11 by Catullus

What???? The flats alone should be worth that much!! The pub trade is dying, youngsters don't bother with the local anymore, it's too expensive.

The local pub was part of my life growing up, I drank there, I worked there, I found other jobs through people I met there.....I got into trouble there...and I made friends there. Youngsters get tanked up at home now and head straight to Wind street.

Maybe the trust should buy it and make it Trust HQ? Have regular meetings etc. I've never been in the globe so don't know how big it is inside.

I know Sue the ex owner was offered £700k for it 6 years back,she took well under 1/2 of that 5 months ago.
The guy that's bought it has got someone in on a short term lease and it will be re opening in the next few weeks.
There are a massive amount of hidden overheads in running a pub especially if you are serving food,the council are forever introducing new licenses for anything they see fit.
Only way to make it pay is to do all the work yourselves with 14 hour days seven days a week and even then it's very risky and not worth the stress.
If you want to run a pub get in as a manager on a wage,walk away when you want and do not take the massive financial risk.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 14:03 - Oct 11 with 1737 viewsgadgetuk

Spent many years working in the trade and the only way to turn a decent profit is to have a very good food trade. A pub that just serves beer will struggle to survive. I don't blame the brewery's particularly, but I do blame the government who have put so much tax on alcohol people would rather stay at home and drink.
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 16:02 - Oct 11 with 1656 viewsairedale

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 11:45 - Oct 11 by Thrasher6

You sound as greedy as them...

Really.....
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 18:03 - Oct 11 with 1538 viewsPegojack

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 17:25 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

They tried a few, but unfortunately they only really sold on a match day, which is no good for a real ale.

I'll just have to force myself to drink Guinness then. Life's a bitch.

Looking forward to seeing all my old mates including the Ferry boys! Your round, Jeff.
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 19:04 - Oct 11 with 1478 viewsmonmouth

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 18:03 - Oct 11 by Pegojack

Looking forward to seeing all my old mates including the Ferry boys! Your round, Jeff.

Telegram for Pegojack

Unbelievable

Jeff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 19:43 - Oct 11 with 1445 viewsexiledclaseboy

I hope they preserve the blackboard in the men’s bogs for PS posterity.

Poll: Tory leader

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 1418 viewsswancity

My last visit to the globe a few years ago after the West Ham game around Xmas time it smelt like the ape sanctuary in Bristol Zoo on there. Humming.
As for buying it, the days of the local boozer are numbered. It might be worth half of that asking price.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 21:07 - Oct 11 with 1355 viewsmajorraglan

Our local in the village closed as being converted to a nursery.

I was talking to a shop owner in Carmarthen the other day. His shop is in the town centre and fairl central, the ground floor shop floor area is about 25 to 30 ft wide and it goes back about 50 ft maybe a bit more, his business rates for the shop floor are £2k per month. There are rooms on the second floor and they are extra. I was gobsmacked, £2k of outgoings before any insurance, heating, lighting, are factored in and that’s without a penny in wages. No wonder the Hgh Street is struggling.
The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 1311 viewsTNT

The Globe - Ideal Business Venture for A Knowledgeable Swansea Supporter on 18:03 - Oct 11 by Pegojack

Guiness... food and drink in a glass!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024