Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd 11:26 - Oct 15 with 29019 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 14:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 16:07 - Oct 18 with 3690 viewsjasper_T

Potter spoke a little too glowingly about the occasion for my taste. Little old Swansea heading to the mighty Villa for a day out.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 16:40 - Oct 18 with 3646 viewssainthelens

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 16:07 - Oct 18 by jasper_T

Potter spoke a little too glowingly about the occasion for my taste. Little old Swansea heading to the mighty Villa for a day out.

I wouldn't worry about that pal, make Villa feel untouchable then we give em the runaround. We'll be fine on Saturday you watch.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 18:53 - Oct 18 with 3532 views3swan

Anyone planning M5 then M6

There are roadworks on the M5 from M42 junction to the M6 that can have hold ups and tailbacks so allow a bit of extra time.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 3381 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 16:40 - Oct 18 by sainthelens

I wouldn't worry about that pal, make Villa feel untouchable then we give em the runaround. We'll be fine on Saturday you watch.

If we start like we did against both Ipswich and Wigan we will put Villa on the back foot from the off. What we have to do is turn our footballing supremacy into goals.
There is not one team to fear in this league. If Potter can get the boys right mentally we could win the title (with some luck with fitness, especially if we can get Jeff and Bony fit enough).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 3370 viewsTNT

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 18:53 - Oct 18 by 3swan

Anyone planning M5 then M6

There are roadworks on the M5 from M42 junction to the M6 that can have hold ups and tailbacks so allow a bit of extra time.

Notorious stretch. Remember someone painting on a pillar, 'Get out and walk, it's quicker'! Many a true word is said in jest.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 22:03 - Oct 18 with 3362 viewsGlyn1

Villa have now officially announced that this is sold out.

Here's a comment from someone on their fan forum:

"I've watched a bit of Swansea this season. Very tidy, don't play at a great tempo. Little lightweight. Blues totally bullied them a few weeks back and should of won. We should win this i feel."

I imagine John Terry will be telling their players exactly the same thing.

I still think it will be 1 - 2 to us.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 22:04]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 22:11 - Oct 18 with 3339 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I know this isn't a PL fixture but this could be rgued the 3rd biggest game of the day outside of Man utd and Chelsea and Spurs at West Ham.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 23:31 - Oct 18 with 3255 viewsGlyn1

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 22:11 - Oct 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I know this isn't a PL fixture but this could be rgued the 3rd biggest game of the day outside of Man utd and Chelsea and Spurs at West Ham.

15th v 11th in the Championship is the country's 3rd biggest game? In attendance terms, yes, but there are some interesting games out there.

Bournemouth v Southampton will be an entertaining local derby in the Prem.

In the Championship there are three matches between teams in the top 10: Blackburn v Leeds, Forest v Norwich, and Derby v Sheff Utd, so a win for us should move us nicely up the table with at least three of them dropping points.

And in the Prem if Newcastle and Fulham both win, the trap door will really begin to open for our cousins.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 23:35]

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 00:11 - Oct 19 with 3230 viewssainthelens

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 23:31 - Oct 18 by Glyn1

15th v 11th in the Championship is the country's 3rd biggest game? In attendance terms, yes, but there are some interesting games out there.

In the Championship there are three matches between teams in the top 10: Blackburn v Leeds, Forest v Norwich, and Derby v Sheff Utd, so a win for us should move us nicely up the table with at least three of them dropping points.

And in the Prem if Newcastle and Fulham both win, the trap door will really begin to open for our cousins.

The trap door opened weeks ago...they have cut the rope, carried away the body, said a prayer and now the inquest is being carried out , but don't know who's responsible.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 05:48 - Oct 19 with 3167 viewsGlyn1

Information from the Villa fans forum about the referee:

"Officials are : ANDREW MADLEY with Mark Russell and James Wilson
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge
Andrew is a regular for us. In 8 matches he has refereed since we were relegated, we've yet to lose. His 1 match so far this season was the opening day win against Hull City.
We have 5 wins and 3 draws with him in charge."

Time for a change.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 06:59 - Oct 19 with 3141 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 23:31 - Oct 18 by Glyn1

Ignore the league positions, it's far too early. None of the six teams bar Norwich you mentioned have been near the PL in the last 10-15 years though. And while you correctly say that there are some interesting games in the PL none of those outside the two I mentioned are going to have the atmospherial "crackle" of a full house at Villa Park.

A local derby it may be but isn't the capacity at Bournemouth 11 and a half thousand? Plus it's hardly Portsmouth, so more akin to us vs Bristol City or even Newport if we were in the same lleague. Nearly but not quite if you get my drift Glyn.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 08:11 - Oct 19 with 3103 viewsLord_Bony

Will be a cracker.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 08:41 - Oct 19 with 3078 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 06:59 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Ignore the league positions, it's far too early. None of the six teams bar Norwich you mentioned have been near the PL in the last 10-15 years though. And while you correctly say that there are some interesting games in the PL none of those outside the two I mentioned are going to have the atmospherial "crackle" of a full house at Villa Park.

A local derby it may be but isn't the capacity at Bournemouth 11 and a half thousand? Plus it's hardly Portsmouth, so more akin to us vs Bristol City or even Newport if we were in the same lleague. Nearly but not quite if you get my drift Glyn.

3,000 jacks in full voice, deafening.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 10:11 - Oct 19 with 3008 viewsomarjack

Wow, I can't believe this sold out. Villa's average attendance so far has been around 32.000 only. I didn't know we were that interesting.

I guess they're all excited to see how their new manager will get on. A perfect game to test his waters.

I predict a 0-0 tbh

We'll be too headstrong to break. Villa will be all over us but we'll manage.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 17:20 - Oct 19 with 2772 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 10:11 - Oct 19 by omarjack

Wow, I can't believe this sold out. Villa's average attendance so far has been around 32.000 only. I didn't know we were that interesting.

I guess they're all excited to see how their new manager will get on. A perfect game to test his waters.

I predict a 0-0 tbh

We'll be too headstrong to break. Villa will be all over us but we'll manage.

They're only there to watch the swans !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 20:47 - Oct 19 with 2587 viewsBadlands

Words I have seen used by Villa side of things to describe what they will do to the Swans

Thump,
Wreck,
Destroy,
Tear Swansea to shreds

!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 21:48 - Oct 19 with 2518 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 20:47 - Oct 19 by Badlands

Words I have seen used by Villa side of things to describe what they will do to the Swans

Thump,
Wreck,
Destroy,
Tear Swansea to shreds

!

Deluded is another.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 2412 viewslonglostjack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 17:20 - Oct 19 by Loyal

They're only there to watch the swans !

Yep. Come on you Swans!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 2176 viewsFireboy2

At crewe waiting for the train to brum

Having dinner in a wethers,with a pint of course then off to the welly

Got a good feeling about today

COYJB
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 11:09 - Oct 20 with 2129 views3swan

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 10:14 - Oct 20 by Fireboy2

At crewe waiting for the train to brum

Having dinner in a wethers,with a pint of course then off to the welly

Got a good feeling about today

COYJB

Can't make the Wellington today, but did spend a few hours there a couple of weeks ago with a Blues mate.
Good old fashion pub no music or TV. Easy to chat without shouting.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 12:17 - Oct 20 with 2043 viewsymaohyd

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 20:47 - Oct 19 by Badlands

Thump,
Wreck,
Destroy,
Tear Swansea to shreds

!

I don't think they'll do any of those things to us, however, i'm 99.99999% certain we'll lose.

New manager affect, Doug Ellis, Tammy Abraham etc etc

A classic Swans scenario of being in the wrong place at the wrong time....unfortunately.

Fuc k all in Villa.

Unfortunately fuc k all in us either.

Are the Swans made of the steel displayed against Millwall or are we brittle as displayed against Ipswich?

I'd suggest the latter. Millwall are crap at home. Potter has done a superb job but this side lacks that cutting edge to win games like today.

Players bought to give that cutting edge on tge whole haven't turned up yet...Asoro, Mckay.

Without Montero we'd be just off the bottom 6.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 13:48 - Oct 20 with 1906 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 05:48 - Oct 19 by Glyn1

Information from the Villa fans forum about the referee:

"Officials are : ANDREW MADLEY with Mark Russell and James Wilson
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge
Andrew is a regular for us. In 8 matches he has refereed since we were relegated, we've yet to lose. His 1 match so far this season was the opening day win against Hull City.
We have 5 wins and 3 draws with him in charge."

Time for a change.

Will Sebastian Stockbridge be in full Dickensian gear?
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 1857 views34dfgdf54

Good luck to Harries today. Kill it son.

3-5-2, surprised Naughtons been axed.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:04 - Oct 20 with 1837 viewsjasper_T

Potter's a maniac.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:10 - Oct 20 with 1763 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:03 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

Good luck to Harries today. Kill it son.

3-5-2, surprised Naughtons been axed.

More surprised that Nordfeldt hasn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024