Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes 20:26 - Oct 23 with 13640 views_

Facking pathetic Potter

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:27 - Oct 24 with 1099 viewsmagicdaps10

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:25 - Oct 24 by _

We didn't start with a flat back 4 no. And if there were 4 at the back on paper that's not what Potter had in mind with his game plan.

What we saw from 36 minutes was a shift to a flat back 4 and it's then that we got a bit of structure to our game with players knowing exactly what was expected of them. It's then we were able to see a purpose and a balance to what we were trying to achieve.

Potter in the first half confused the life out of his own players, he said this himself

He was trying to be a bit too clever, simple as that. His thinking was we'd be able to push our full backs as far forward as possible and have Naughton and Grimes slotting back in depending on which side we may have been attacking from.

There was a huge change in shape and tactics on 36 minutes. You don't understand these things, you've never played the game and can't grasp it.

I stuck a few quid on us at half time because I felt confident we could turn it around after the change in shape. 9/2, tidy

But hey, don't beat yourself up about this mate, you're in spectacularly thick company, not too many will notice 👍

Calm down, I am only pulling your plonker!!

9/2 hey......better odds than what the bookies were offering there.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 1094 viewsbuilthjack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:27 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Have you ever played the game daps?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:29 - Oct 24 with 1088 views_

It was.with the bookies so I don't think so.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 1086 viewsmagicdaps10

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:28 - Oct 24 by builthjack

Have you ever played the game daps?

Never played a game of football in my life, Chrissy said so.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:31 - Oct 24 with 1082 viewsmagicdaps10

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:29 - Oct 24 by _

It was.with the bookies so I don't think so.

Your telling porkies.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:37 - Oct 24 with 1075 viewsbuilthjack

4/5 to beat Reading on Saturday.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 1072 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 18:36 - Oct 24 by Catullus

A bit late to this party but still, never mind. It was a back 4 from the start, Olsson was clearly playing left back but it was all so unbalanced and uncoordinated I'm not sure the players knew where they should be in that first half.
Maybe Potter rings changes to try and keep players fresh but I think it's started doing harm and a settled team now would be a good idea.
Grimes deserves the left back slot, he's been the better player there. Celina is out of the loop out wide and wasted. James has done well on the left so why switch him? Specially when Roberts has done well on the right.
Fer needs to be starting and subbed when he's done. I'd rather start a game strongly than have to come from behind.
I think I'd rather see Rodon and VdH at CB and when Fer is done put CCV in at CDM.

Oh for another Leon right now, or maybe Mesa would have been that player? McBurnie needs to find his scoring touch, we need to score when on top.

If anyone could have got inside Mesa's head it would have been Potter. But CDM wasn't Mesa's position , apparently he liked to play further forward. I hope we can get shot of Narsingh in January to enable Potter to get a loan/freebie experienced CDM in to give us that impetus for the final push.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:41 - Oct 24 with 1071 viewsDr_Winston

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:38 - Oct 24 by Brynmill_Jack

If anyone could have got inside Mesa's head it would have been Potter. But CDM wasn't Mesa's position , apparently he liked to play further forward. I hope we can get shot of Narsingh in January to enable Potter to get a loan/freebie experienced CDM in to give us that impetus for the final push.

The flourishing of both Mesa and Sanches this season is a testament to how awful a job Clement did in the first half of last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:59 - Oct 24 with 1041 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:31 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Your telling porkies.

Why in loving fack would i lie about that?

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:10 - Oct 24 with 1020 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:37 - Oct 24 by builthjack

4/5 to beat Reading on Saturday.

3/4 with Sky. I can't be arsed to use different bookies these days.

But even that is a great price

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 1012 viewsjasper_T

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:41 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

The flourishing of both Mesa and Sanches this season is a testament to how awful a job Clement did in the first half of last season.

Whose fault was it that Sanches was just as poor the season before joining us?
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 1007 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:41 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

So much for mental alcoholic Mesa eh? I sincerely hope we make Clement's visit 95 minutes of sheer misery and pain on Saturday with some positive attacking football and quite a few goals - please

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:15 - Oct 24 with 1003 viewsDr_Winston

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:12 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Whose fault was it that Sanches was just as poor the season before joining us?

A players performances when they don't play for us is of little interest to me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:16 - Oct 24 with 996 viewsjasper_T

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:15 - Oct 24 by Dr_Winston

A players performances when they don't play for us is of little interest to me.

So why are you talking about Mesa and Sanches' performances this season, then?
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:17 - Oct 24 with 994 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:38 - Oct 24 by Brynmill_Jack

We will need the Narsingh money and perhaps some others for more important matters and that will be to tie down some real stars.

Our own stars. This is the number 1 priority in the next 2 to 3 months.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:20 - Oct 24 with 986 viewsbuilthjack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:10 - Oct 24 by _

3/4 with Sky. I can't be arsed to use different bookies these days.

But even that is a great price

Definitely worth a few quid

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:23 - Oct 24 with 978 viewsDr_Winston

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:16 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

So why are you talking about Mesa and Sanches' performances this season, then?

It's a fair question.

I guess it's based more on us failing miserably to get anything approaching consistent performances out of two clearly talented players when they've both gone on to demonstrate that they're far better players than we saw.

I do take your point tho.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:43 - Oct 24 with 950 viewsEU5Makaveli

We 100% started with a back 4
CR VDH CV MO
KN. TC MG
DJ. OM. BC

Then on 35 minutes switched to
KN. VDH. CV. MO
MG. BC. TC
CR. OM. DJ

Can’t understand how it could be interperated differently?
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:31 - Oct 25 with 859 viewsBillyChong

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:17 - Oct 24 by _

We will need the Narsingh money and perhaps some others for more important matters and that will be to tie down some real stars.

Our own stars. This is the number 1 priority in the next 2 to 3 months.

We’ll be lucky if anyone offers more than £2m for Narsingh unless he gets a run of games to prove his form and fitness.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:39 - Oct 25 with 846 viewsmagicdaps10

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:31 - Oct 25 by BillyChong

We’ll be lucky if anyone offers more than £2m for Narsingh unless he gets a run of games to prove his form and fitness.

It is 2018 and Narsingh for all his issues is a 3m payer everyday day of the week.

The yanks will just be happy to get his wage off the book. They have not put a penny in so wont be in a rush to get a fee for him.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:40 - Oct 25 with 843 viewskarnataka

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:43 - Oct 24 by EU5Makaveli

We 100% started with a back 4
CR VDH CV MO
KN. TC MG
DJ. OM. BC

Then on 35 minutes switched to
KN. VDH. CV. MO
MG. BC. TC
CR. OM. DJ

Can’t understand how it could be interperated differently?

That's exactly what I saw too.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:54 - Oct 25 with 833 viewsmagicdaps10

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:40 - Oct 25 by karnataka

That's exactly what I saw too.

Think the op was getting confused with the interchanging of Roberts and Naughton, giving the impression we had a back 5 if you include the wing backs.

Naughton certainly started in midfield but was asked to "drop in" to cover Roberts when he got forward.

I have watched it in detail again, it was an easy mistake to make by the op but Potter certainly started with a back 4.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:43 - Oct 25 with 805 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:31 - Oct 25 by BillyChong

That and his wages

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:57 - Oct 25 with 782 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:54 - Oct 25 by magicdaps10

Think the op was getting confused with the interchanging of Roberts and Naughton, giving the impression we had a back 5 if you include the wing backs.

Naughton certainly started in midfield but was asked to "drop in" to cover Roberts when he got forward.

I have watched it in detail again, it was an easy mistake to make by the op but Potter certainly started with a back 4.

It's not a mistake lad, it's called a tactic.

And it wasn't just Naughton, it was. Grimes on the other side.

The formation as best I can diagram it was

-------------------------- Nordvelt -------------------------

--------------------- CCV ------- VdH --------------------
Roberts ----/-----------------------------/----- Olsson
-----/---Naughton --Carroll --- Grimes ---/---

James ----------------------------------------------- Celina
---------------------------- McBurnie ------------------------

Roberts was trying his best to bomb on leaving Naughton to tuck into a 3 when necessary and the same the other side.

And they were all over the shop with their responsibilities.

Then we went with a flat back 4 and things started to click, albeit more when we got a bit more steel in the middle when Fer and Fulton came on.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:32 - Oct 25 with 751 viewsbuilthjack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:57 - Oct 25 by _

It's not a mistake lad, it's called a tactic.

And it wasn't just Naughton, it was. Grimes on the other side.

The formation as best I can diagram it was

-------------------------- Nordvelt -------------------------

--------------------- CCV ------- VdH --------------------
Roberts ----/-----------------------------/----- Olsson
-----/---Naughton --Carroll --- Grimes ---/---

James ----------------------------------------------- Celina
---------------------------- McBurnie ------------------------

Roberts was trying his best to bomb on leaving Naughton to tuck into a 3 when necessary and the same the other side.

And they were all over the shop with their responsibilities.

Then we went with a flat back 4 and things started to click, albeit more when we got a bit more steel in the middle when Fer and Fulton came on.

Daps hasn't played the game like me and you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024