Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes 20:26 - Oct 23 with 13641 views_

Facking pathetic Potter

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:05 - Oct 24 with 1645 viewsJinxy

Apart from the formation and personnel changes, everyone had more gusto, were challenging (and mostly winning) 50:50's, there was more movement, ball was moving (forward) more quickly etc. after half time. All of which were attributable to some motivation/changes/rollockings at half time. It was like watching 2 totally different teams, to a man. Sometimes simple effort and a bit more hwyl can make a world of difference.

Let's be patient with our young manager eh (it was wrong, he fixed it - simple as) - he is learning not just about the league, his players etc. but also about himself too. Also, his selections may be due to him protecting the format in the event of 1 or 2 players seeking pastures new in Jan (in this league any players who shine can always be drawn to the PL - human nature). Helmet on.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:13 - Oct 24 with 1605 viewsLeonWasGod

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 07:38 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Being fair, do you blame him posting in the first half!?
Lets be fair, it was pretty awful but we did play a back 4 from the start.

Chrissy hissy stated that he didnt have a clue where Naughton was playing but was wise enough to clearly see we didnt have a flat back 4 up until the 36th minute.......no wonder your mate was going mental behind you.

Simple enough to see. Started with back 4 of Connor, VdH, CCV, Olsson. With Carroll at base midfield, Naughton and Grimes only slightly ahead of him. Ollie chops up top, Celina on left and Dan on right. Which left a massive hole behind Ollie.

5-10 minutes before half time fixed that by moving Celina to number 10, Naughton to rb, connor to right wing, Naughton to rb, Dan over to left wing (which is also where he looked best against Ipswich).

Quite why he thought that midfield 3 would work is beyond me, but he did sort it out. Clement would have ground out a 0-1.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:33 - Oct 24 with 1548 viewsmonmouth

I really don't like this fannying around with players but the results speak for themselves. If we'd buried Ipswich as we should have, we'd be three points off the top. Now it could be argued we'd be even better with a settled team, but we don't know that. Personally I hope he does settle it down, but I'm quite happy to watch this unfold now (I would have been a bit nervous if we'd lost last night mind, but what a great way to win, Give them real hope to show off, then blow them out of the water. Lovely.)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:41 - Oct 24 with 1537 viewsCooperman

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:33 - Oct 24 by monmouth

I really don't like this fannying around with players but the results speak for themselves. If we'd buried Ipswich as we should have, we'd be three points off the top. Now it could be argued we'd be even better with a settled team, but we don't know that. Personally I hope he does settle it down, but I'm quite happy to watch this unfold now (I would have been a bit nervous if we'd lost last night mind, but what a great way to win, Give them real hope to show off, then blow them out of the water. Lovely.)

This really now has to be the Eureka moment for him.

If he doesn’t start for Reading as he started the second half last night then I will be concerned.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:48 - Oct 24 with 1514 viewsJinxy

GP quote from the BBC website: "What I said at half-time stays between me and the players, but it was a learning point for us all the first half." Connor Roberts also mentioned "a kick up the backside at half time" in his interview.

Well done Mr Potter - great management - that degree in emotional management was put to good effect imho.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 08:50 - Oct 24 with 1504 viewscostalotta

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 23:29 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

Our best player against Wigan.

Aye. Even that’s subjective.

Have to say though last nights was our 14th of the season and of them how many appearances has he performed to th level required ? No doubt some talent but he’s weak physically and in the head.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:34 - Oct 24 with 1449 viewsswanforthemoney

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 00:08 - Oct 24 by _

Not for me. Our squad is as good as anyone in this league.

We're short here and there but overall we've got the talent in abundance.

Bizarre.

I stand in the North Stand

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 1429 viewsBryanSwan

Ridiculous comments, am pretty confident we started with a back 4 to begin with.
Potter also switched it round to take advantage of where they were weaker, the two full backs.
Don't get the constant criticism of every single decision, we aren't there every day watching the players, don't know who has a knock etc. Most likely end up playing 50 games this year, rotation is key.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:55 - Oct 24 with 1405 viewsswan65split

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:48 - Oct 24 by BryanSwan

Ridiculous comments, am pretty confident we started with a back 4 to begin with.
Potter also switched it round to take advantage of where they were weaker, the two full backs.
Don't get the constant criticism of every single decision, we aren't there every day watching the players, don't know who has a knock etc. Most likely end up playing 50 games this year, rotation is key.

How many games/teams has Potter managed? compared to the OP?

I am still unsure of what hes doing atm, but he has what hes got , a young side , and fair doos they responded last night heads could have dropped, but they didnt ,mistakes made all round, Naughts nearly allowed a 2nd goal late on, but hey its early days, lets see what the w@nks intentions are in January.

or will Bony be n excuse again!
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 10:31 - Oct 24 with 1360 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We started with a back 4
Ended with a back 4

Started with 3 very deep central midfielders
Celina out wide is a waste

Half time bollocking -bring your captain on for a bit of drive and steel in there.
Celina to 10

Much better

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 10:37 - Oct 24 with 1347 viewsLoyal

Sometimes it's best to wait before you post.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 11:50 - Oct 24 with 1292 viewsjasper_T

It was a strange system in the first 35 and Potter admitted that the players got confused by what they were trying to do. Flat 4 in defence but in possession Olsson was up as a winger with Grimes occupying a left back position behind him. Naughton seemed to be the furthest forward of the midfield three when it's not his game, leaving McBurnie stranded on his own in the middle.

Potter getting a lot of credit on twitter for fixing basic errors in his starting lineup. Blackburn fans mostly think they've been robbed by a shockingly poor side due to their own manager's bad tactical changes (took Graham off, put a striker on the wing and their best midfielder up front).
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 12:34 - Oct 24 with 1239 viewsBryanSwan

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 09:55 - Oct 24 by swan65split

How many games/teams has Potter managed? compared to the OP?

I am still unsure of what hes doing atm, but he has what hes got , a young side , and fair doos they responded last night heads could have dropped, but they didnt ,mistakes made all round, Naughts nearly allowed a 2nd goal late on, but hey its early days, lets see what the w@nks intentions are in January.

or will Bony be n excuse again!

Its going to be a long season, but looking at the squad at the start of the year I don't think many would have put us 6pts off top at this point.
Hopefully a few that aren't even in the squad will go in January (Bony, Dyer, WR, LN) and then we can bring one or two in. A defensive midfielder is still missing in my opinion.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 1189 viewstrampie

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 12:34 - Oct 24 by BryanSwan

Its going to be a long season, but looking at the squad at the start of the year I don't think many would have put us 6pts off top at this point.
Hopefully a few that aren't even in the squad will go in January (Bony, Dyer, WR, LN) and then we can bring one or two in. A defensive midfielder is still missing in my opinion.

Swansea do have the second best defensive record in the entire division behind Pulis Boro mind you, but that could be down to Swans trying to keep the ball, its creating chances and scoring that has been the problem but Celina is now starting to score and create but there again McBurnie seems to be going off the boil, lets hope his scoring touch returns, Roberts starting to contribute well up the top end of the park at the moment which is a plus.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 13:13 - Oct 24 with 1180 viewspeenemunde

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:57 - Oct 23 by _

Are some of you just terminally thick?

Potter facked up again, like he's done on too many an occasion and he needs to come out tonight and give us all an apology.

He messed up again NEEDLESSLY to the point he had to change it to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes, once again, giving the opposition almost a half of football head start.

He's constantly moving players around and they haven't got a facking clue where they're supposed to be or or what their roles are.

We can't afford to give teams half time head starts FFS. We need to make the very obvious choices at the start..... You know, like the ones he was forced to make on 36 minutes.

I thought Risca was one of the brighter ones on here but he just can't work things out for toffee and some of the other posts are just baffling.

It's simple. We've got a bloody great squad of players for this league. Don't think you're that clever you can fack about with their positions and rotations because Potter, you've proved to everyone now that's just not worked.

Saturday let's just see the same facking 11 start again and not worry what Reading have or do, let them worry about us, because there's more than enough about us to beat anyone in front of us.

No more half hour changing of the formation because it's all over the shop, no more tinkering, just get on with the job

Terminally thick is thinking that selling your best two players was a good thing.
Fooking mental is actually writing what you were actually thinking on a public forum regarding making the team better by selling your two best players.

When it comes to football you are absolutely clueless and certainly not in a position to criticise others.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 13:43 - Oct 24 with 1155 viewsBryanSwan

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 13:05 - Oct 24 by trampie

Swansea do have the second best defensive record in the entire division behind Pulis Boro mind you, but that could be down to Swans trying to keep the ball, its creating chances and scoring that has been the problem but Celina is now starting to score and create but there again McBurnie seems to be going off the boil, lets hope his scoring touch returns, Roberts starting to contribute well up the top end of the park at the moment which is a plus.

Its the style of play we were all demanding when we were beig fed the dross Clement, Carvahal and Bradley churned out.
The last 2 or 3 years were exceptionally boring.
I think if we were a bit more clinical we could really punish teams, we were much better second half when McBurnie had the support of James, Roberts and Celina.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 1099 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 13:43 - Oct 24 by BryanSwan

Its the style of play we were all demanding when we were beig fed the dross Clement, Carvahal and Bradley churned out.
The last 2 or 3 years were exceptionally boring.
I think if we were a bit more clinical we could really punish teams, we were much better second half when McBurnie had the support of James, Roberts and Celina.

It's all down to the three central midfielders that we pick that dictates our performance in any game. We are short of a ball playing CDM. If that position could be filled with a consistent player with the ability to read a game, break up opposition play , tackle and give a good short pass.

Get this one position right and, with Fer or Carroll playing between the CDM and Celina we will start to rip teams to shreds. Celina and the wingers need the platform to go forward and not be sucked backwards looking for the ball like they were at times last night.

If Narsingh goes on a free to save wages then we could look to bring in a freebie in January, either in this country or abroad.

I do wonder if Grimes could be adapted to this role. He's got a lot of heart , seems totally committed and has a little edge to him which I like !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 15:32 - Oct 24 with 1062 viewsBryanSwan

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 14:40 - Oct 24 by Brynmill_Jack

It's all down to the three central midfielders that we pick that dictates our performance in any game. We are short of a ball playing CDM. If that position could be filled with a consistent player with the ability to read a game, break up opposition play , tackle and give a good short pass.

Get this one position right and, with Fer or Carroll playing between the CDM and Celina we will start to rip teams to shreds. Celina and the wingers need the platform to go forward and not be sucked backwards looking for the ball like they were at times last night.

If Narsingh goes on a free to save wages then we could look to bring in a freebie in January, either in this country or abroad.

I do wonder if Grimes could be adapted to this role. He's got a lot of heart , seems totally committed and has a little edge to him which I like !

Was thinking exactly the same, someone to fill in the space in the middle, do the simple things right and dictate the tempo in possession.
Fer isnt really disciplined enough for it. Carroll is too lightweight. Grimes gives us a different dimension at fullback, Olsson looks like he is running down dead ends half the time.
First half was crying out for a midfielder to collect the ball and get us moving forward. We ended up just shifting it across the back line, with no real options to pass forwards.

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 15:43 - Oct 24 with 1045 viewshammy

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 14:40 - Oct 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Wasn't this CDM the ginger from Brentford that Potter was trying to bring in at the start of the season ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 16:37 - Oct 24 with 1005 viewsFireboy2

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 15:43 - Oct 24 by hammy

Wasn't this CDM the ginger from Brentford that Potter was trying to bring in at the start of the season ?

Thats what i was thinking hammy
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 18:31 - Oct 24 with 945 viewsChief

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:57 - Oct 23 by _

Are some of you just terminally thick?

Potter facked up again, like he's done on too many an occasion and he needs to come out tonight and give us all an apology.

He messed up again NEEDLESSLY to the point he had to change it to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes, once again, giving the opposition almost a half of football head start.

He's constantly moving players around and they haven't got a facking clue where they're supposed to be or or what their roles are.

We can't afford to give teams half time head starts FFS. We need to make the very obvious choices at the start..... You know, like the ones he was forced to make on 36 minutes.

I thought Risca was one of the brighter ones on here but he just can't work things out for toffee and some of the other posts are just baffling.

It's simple. We've got a bloody great squad of players for this league. Don't think you're that clever you can fack about with their positions and rotations because Potter, you've proved to everyone now that's just not worked.

Saturday let's just see the same facking 11 start again and not worry what Reading have or do, let them worry about us, because there's more than enough about us to beat anyone in front of us.

No more half hour changing of the formation because it's all over the shop, no more tinkering, just get on with the job

Let me get this straight, you want the manager of a professional football team to come and apologise because the team were 1-0 down at HT?

You precious tvvat

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 18:36 - Oct 24 with 938 viewsCatullus

A bit late to this party but still, never mind. It was a back 4 from the start, Olsson was clearly playing left back but it was all so unbalanced and uncoordinated I'm not sure the players knew where they should be in that first half.
Maybe Potter rings changes to try and keep players fresh but I think it's started doing harm and a settled team now would be a good idea.
Grimes deserves the left back slot, he's been the better player there. Celina is out of the loop out wide and wasted. James has done well on the left so why switch him? Specially when Roberts has done well on the right.
Fer needs to be starting and subbed when he's done. I'd rather start a game strongly than have to come from behind.
I think I'd rather see Rodon and VdH at CB and when Fer is done put CCV in at CDM.

Oh for another Leon right now, or maybe Mesa would have been that player? McBurnie needs to find his scoring touch, we need to score when on top.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 19:05 - Oct 24 with 906 viewsmagicdaps10

So after all that......we started with a back 4!

Nothing wrong with an advanced football brain.......as for making yourself look like a tw@t #509.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 20:24 - Oct 24 with 849 viewsscruffyjack

Naughton should never start in midfield again, at best he’s a ropey full back, no more.
Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 22:25 - Oct 24 with 783 views_

Gone to a flat back 4 on 36 minutes on 19:05 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

So after all that......we started with a back 4!

Nothing wrong with an advanced football brain.......as for making yourself look like a tw@t #509.

We didn't start with a flat back 4 no. And if there were 4 at the back on paper that's not what Potter had in mind with his game plan.

What we saw from 36 minutes was a shift to a flat back 4 and it's then that we got a bit of structure to our game with players knowing exactly what was expected of them. It's then we were able to see a purpose and a balance to what we were trying to achieve.

Potter in the first half confused the life out of his own players, he said this himself

He was trying to be a bit too clever, simple as that. His thinking was we'd be able to push our full backs as far forward as possible and have Naughton and Grimes slotting back in depending on which side we may have been attacking from.

There was a huge change in shape and tactics on 36 minutes. You don't understand these things, you've never played the game and can't grasp it.

I stuck a few quid on us at half time because I felt confident we could turn it around after the change in shape. 9/2, tidy

But hey, don't beat yourself up about this mate, you're in spectacularly thick company, not too many will notice 👍

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024