Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like Dan James is off 19:05 - Feb 17 with 11350 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 2418 viewsbuilthjack

His value has gone up again. So you Yankee tw@ts, if you sell him, make sure you get a minimum £15m with plenty of add ons.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 2395 viewsHeadmaster

Well he's getting some good attention on the Twitter. If he does go, hopefully it will be to a better club than Leeds.

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:41 - Feb 17 with 2370 viewsJackSomething

Seems difficult to blame anyone for the situation.

Can't blame the club for not giving him a new contract in the summer if he had one in late 2017. He's gone on to break out and is deservedly attracting attention. Can't blame him for wanting to leave and not signing a new contract.

When it comes to bids in the summer, we could argue that we'll just keep him for the last year of his contract if no-one bids enough. Unfortunately, the club's actions in the last 2 transfer windows and the regular communiques that we don't have a pot to piss in means other clubs will laugh at us if we try that approach.

Monmouth's suggestion seems sensible. It would be nice to see some sense in football for once.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 2279 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why would a player who is clearly a high priority target for a club seemingly bound for the Premier League, and perhaps may be a target for existing top tier clubs commit to a struggling second tier side who are only going to get weaker when they have £20mil less to play with in the Summer. We're only heading in one direction. He'll not want to tie himself down here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:54 - Feb 17 with 2264 viewsLoyal

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:52 - Feb 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why would a player who is clearly a high priority target for a club seemingly bound for the Premier League, and perhaps may be a target for existing top tier clubs commit to a struggling second tier side who are only going to get weaker when they have £20mil less to play with in the Summer. We're only heading in one direction. He'll not want to tie himself down here.

I was appalled today as well when that 4th goal went in.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:57 - Feb 17 with 2243 viewsjasper_T

He could double his money between now and the summer and still leave to a bigger club, as no one in the PL is going to be put off by a Championship player's 3-4 year contract. He knows we're happy to sell for good money. Get paid to play with your mates here until the big boys come calling.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 21:05 - Feb 17 with 2198 viewsJonathans_coat

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:38 - Feb 17 by Headmaster

Well he's getting some good attention on the Twitter. If he does go, hopefully it will be to a better club than Leeds.

I am just going to enjoy watching him while he is here, however long that may be. I hope he is still here next season at least, but I’m certain his agent will advise him not to sign a new contract.

If he goes, I’m sure I’ll still enjoy watching him play for Wales!

The thought of Bale on one wing and a more mature Dan James on the other is quite exciting. What a crop of young wingers/AM’s Wales have coming through:-

James, Brooks, Wilson, Lawrence, Woodburn...... I remember when Wales were consistently terrible (90 - 115 World ranking). We are watching you Giggsy, don’t mess it up.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 21:09 - Feb 17 with 2174 viewsclloy2

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:27 - Feb 17 by jasper_T

Watching the press conference he sounds more insulted by the offer we accepted and by the team that offered it.

If the owners allow this team to be broken up in the summer- then a pox on them all.
With a few strategic signings this squad could easily push for a serious automatic promotion challenge next year.
Owners either step up or get out
Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like Dan James is off on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 2036 viewsSTID2017

Sounds like Dan James is off on 19:12 - Feb 17 by Private_Partz

Indeed.
What we should be doing is tying him down to a lucrative contract and convincing him that this is a club that wants to get back to the top flight.
Unfortunately I am expecting fire sale 3 in the next window only it wont be big earners this time. Just the youngsters that can attract high fees.

Problem is tying players down to lucrative contracts then not being able to afford them has caused a whole heap of trouble

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sounds like Dan James is off on 03:15 - Feb 18 with 1930 viewsmajorraglan

Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:57 - Feb 17 by jasper_T

He could double his money between now and the summer and still leave to a bigger club, as no one in the PL is going to be put off by a Championship player's 3-4 year contract. He knows we're happy to sell for good money. Get paid to play with your mates here until the big boys come calling.

Club did something similar with Bony, gave him a new contract and then sold him on for an increased fee. They need to sit down with the player and his agent, strike a deal where James gets a pay rise and an assurance he can leave in the future when his buy out clause threshold is activated and (as much as it goes against the grain) cross the agents palm with some silver. Player gets a pay rise, agent gets paid and both have the prospect of even more money come the summer when a transfer is sorted. Further transfer in summer and player is happy, agents bulging wallet becomes even fatter and Club is happy. Downside Club pays out more in short term, but has the prospect of increased transfer fee come summer.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 06:15 - Feb 18 with 1892 viewsWhiterockin

Sounds like Dan James is off on 03:15 - Feb 18 by majorraglan

Club did something similar with Bony, gave him a new contract and then sold him on for an increased fee. They need to sit down with the player and his agent, strike a deal where James gets a pay rise and an assurance he can leave in the future when his buy out clause threshold is activated and (as much as it goes against the grain) cross the agents palm with some silver. Player gets a pay rise, agent gets paid and both have the prospect of even more money come the summer when a transfer is sorted. Further transfer in summer and player is happy, agents bulging wallet becomes even fatter and Club is happy. Downside Club pays out more in short term, but has the prospect of increased transfer fee come summer.

Problem is, in the short term we haven't got a pot to piss in.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 08:46 - Feb 18 with 1793 views34dfgdf54

Potter:

"You forget that these things happen in transfer windows where clubs don't agree a price. You can see why on that performance, the numbers are too low, that's the reality in my opinion," said Potter.

"Once that happens he just gets on with being a footballer, he's been incredible for us and we're looking forward to working with him for the future.

I don't think it was just Jenkins who put the brakes on the move on deadline day. He has seen him day in, day out and knew we were getting our pants pulled down with this particular deal.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 11:40 - Feb 18 with 1703 viewsJJJack

Sounds like Dan James is off on 21:05 - Feb 17 by Jonathans_coat

I am just going to enjoy watching him while he is here, however long that may be. I hope he is still here next season at least, but I’m certain his agent will advise him not to sign a new contract.

If he goes, I’m sure I’ll still enjoy watching him play for Wales!

The thought of Bale on one wing and a more mature Dan James on the other is quite exciting. What a crop of young wingers/AM’s Wales have coming through:-

James, Brooks, Wilson, Lawrence, Woodburn...... I remember when Wales were consistently terrible (90 - 115 World ranking). We are watching you Giggsy, don’t mess it up.

Great post and don't forget potentially the best of the lot - Rabbi Matondo
Sounds like Dan James is off on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 1629 viewschad

Sounds like Dan James is off on 19:22 - Feb 17 by Loyal

Phil Blanche can fck off, enjoy the day, nothing is forever.

Sage words
Sounds like Dan James is off on 12:52 - Feb 18 with 1583 viewsThe_E20

Sounds like Dan James is off on 08:46 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

Potter:

"You forget that these things happen in transfer windows where clubs don't agree a price. You can see why on that performance, the numbers are too low, that's the reality in my opinion," said Potter.

"Once that happens he just gets on with being a footballer, he's been incredible for us and we're looking forward to working with him for the future.

I don't think it was just Jenkins who put the brakes on the move on deadline day. He has seen him day in, day out and knew we were getting our pants pulled down with this particular deal.

Jenkins is the only one with the power to do it though, this was exactly the sort of scenario I talked about with the dangers of removing him to satisfy people’s revenge thirst. We are now completely unprotected in this sense and no doubt they will be bringing someone in who will follow their orders to the letter. Just pure and utter short sightedness.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 1529 viewsNeathJack

Sounds like Dan James is off on 12:52 - Feb 18 by The_E20

Jenkins is the only one with the power to do it though, this was exactly the sort of scenario I talked about with the dangers of removing him to satisfy people’s revenge thirst. We are now completely unprotected in this sense and no doubt they will be bringing someone in who will follow their orders to the letter. Just pure and utter short sightedness.

If it is the case that Jenkins put a stop to this transfer against the wishes of the American's, do you really think they would have allowed that situation to occur again?
Sounds like Dan James is off on 15:09 - Feb 18 with 1465 viewsjasper_T

http://www.dai-sport.com/daniel-james-i-want-sign-new-deal-swansea-city/
Sounds like Dan James is off on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 1369 viewsPapaLazarou

It's well known that Dan wanted a new deal with the Swans.

He's on around £2k a week currently, and he's seen certain team mates getting deals worth £15k a week. Obviously he's well entitled to feel his value to the team is equal to said teammates.

Leeds offered him £15k, plus a big bonus if they got promoted. It's easy to see why the move was attractive, especially when we wouldn't even open negotiations over a new contract.

Hopefully we can get him signed up to a new deal, if he keeps performing like yesterday there will be better moves available to him than Leeds.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 1341 viewsvidukasbox

Sounds like Dan James is off on 19:20 - Feb 17 by Jack123

I think he will 100% be off in the summer, such a shame that we can't tie him down for the long term, he is such an exciting player to watch. The way he played today, he deserves a bigger team than Leeds that's for sure.

Are you going to cry next season when he runs out for the mighty whites at Elland Road? He'll thrive at a big club like ours in a good side.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:14 - Feb 18 with 1335 viewsswancity

One good half of football does not suddenly make James a Premier league player

We know he’s quick but we also know that his final ball has been very poor as has his composure after his pace has got him into dangerous areas. He’s still learning his trade and is very inexperienced. He’s been likened to a headless chicken by many but his potential is there for all to see

You’d think he’s changed over night into Ronaldo the way some of you are wetting your knickers. One good half against Brentford, yes Brentford chaps and their defending was pathetic on Sunday wasn’t it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:32 - Feb 18 with 1285 viewsjasper_T

This "very poor final ball" criticism is going to follow him for a long time despite the stats showing that he's about average in terms of delivery at this level, which is full of players who balloon the majority of their attempts out for goal kicks and throw ins.

Bit like Fabianski having poor distribution according to Swans fans even though stats showed that he was above average among PL keepers for kicking and throwing accuracy.

Reputations are hard to shake once the majority have made their minds up. Every well-defended cross he makes becomes further confirmation of "the truth". 3 assists in half as many minutes as Celina and McBurnie (4 each) this season. Should have a handful more but for that pair missing sitters he laid on for them as well.

Lad needs shooting lessons though, no argument there.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 1269 viewsHeadmaster

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:11 - Feb 18 by vidukasbox

Are you going to cry next season when he runs out for the mighty whites at Elland Road? He'll thrive at a big club like ours in a good side.

You lot are some of the most desperate fans in the league, fair play. It really isn't a good look.

If James keeps this up, much better clubs will come calling. Ones that will actually be able to afford the asking price this time.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:40 - Feb 18 with 1246 viewsvidukasbox

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:36 - Feb 18 by Headmaster

You lot are some of the most desperate fans in the league, fair play. It really isn't a good look.

If James keeps this up, much better clubs will come calling. Ones that will actually be able to afford the asking price this time.

'better clubs' hahahaha. Salty?

We met the asking price, then your idiot chairman thought with his heart rather than his head and scuppered the deal, losing his own job days later.

It's James I feel sorry for in all of this.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:43 - Feb 18 with 1230 views34dfgdf54

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:40 - Feb 18 by vidukasbox

We met the asking price, then your idiot chairman thought with his heart rather than his head and scuppered the deal, losing his own job days later.

I wouldn’t worry too much about how James feels.

Confirmed today he wants to stay and is in talks for a new contract. Run along.

http://www.dai-sport.com/daniel-james-i-want-sign-new-deal-swansea-city/
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:44 - Feb 18 with 1223 viewsHeadmaster

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:40 - Feb 18 by vidukasbox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024