Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions on Trevor Birch 18:29 - Mar 11 with 7520 viewsSTID2017

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expert-views-trevor-b
As a club we are in a terrible financial mess IMHO and it seems like Trevor Birch may be what we need

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:47 - Mar 11 with 2040 viewsFlashberryjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:06 - Mar 11 by longlostjack

You’re probably right Flash. The romantic in me clings to the belief that despite being a Fellow of the Institute of Bean Counters his footballing background will allow him to see beyond current market value when it comes to valuing our talent pool.

I wish I had a sliver of your optimism mate, but no matter how hard I try I can't see any reason for optimism ATM.
Maybe a surprise win against WBA might brighten my spirits.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 00:36 - Mar 12 with 1940 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 20:03 - Mar 11 by LeonWasGod

It's a shame the accounts are released about 9 months after the period they represent. We'll be in the dark guessing about this season for at least another year.

The Finacial accounts are late already and somehow I don’t think you will see them for a while yet

Well, not until Trevor Birch has got rid of more players at transfer values he’ hoping to get

Even so, that is going to be a hard sell in itsel.

Because every football club in the land knows exactly the reason why he’s been brought in.

And that is because Swansea City are in big finacial trouble
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 05:28 - Mar 12 with 1900 viewsjack247

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 00:36 - Mar 12 by valleyboy

The Finacial accounts are late already and somehow I don’t think you will see them for a while yet

Well, not until Trevor Birch has got rid of more players at transfer values he’ hoping to get

Even so, that is going to be a hard sell in itsel.

Because every football club in the land knows exactly the reason why he’s been brought in.

And that is because Swansea City are in big finacial trouble

Not the time or pace to gloat Valleyboy
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 1810 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 05:28 - Mar 12 by jack247

Not the time or pace to gloat Valleyboy

Not gloating at all

Just stating the obvious

That still we have Swansea supporters that think that Swansea are not in such a mess

When you lose £60 million of your income in such a short time and when your buisness hasn’t been well run for the last four years at least

Then it’s obvious the club is where it is

You don’t bring a solvency expert in to run your buisness if you are not in trouble

If you thing last summers transfer dealings was a fire sale

Then there’s more to come if not worst
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:41 - Mar 12 with 1699 viewsFlashberryjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 10:54 - Mar 12 by valleyboy

Not gloating at all

Just stating the obvious

That still we have Swansea supporters that think that Swansea are not in such a mess

When you lose £60 million of your income in such a short time and when your buisness hasn’t been well run for the last four years at least

You don’t bring a solvency expert in to run your buisness if you are not in trouble

I agree with you....sadly

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 19:21 - Mar 12 with 1568 viewsOldjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 19:14 - Mar 11 by Flashberryjack

He's come in with one aim only, and that is to sell as many of our assets as possible whilst cutting running costs right to the bone, irrespective of what damage will be done to the clubs long and short term future.
He's here for the short haul, that's for sure.

Aye ,that sounds about right

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:09 - Mar 12 with 1505 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 19:21 - Mar 12 by Oldjack

Aye ,that sounds about right

It’s a balancing act of who Birch will let go and how far down the Leagues the Yanks are prepared to go

If you think of it logically. Players will have to be sold to get rid of some of this huge debt that Swansea has. As next years parachute payment from Sky will only cover the cost of Swansea playing in the achampiondhip

Not just players like Naughton, Fer, Routledge and a few others as they won’t bring much money in, other than to help on the wages front. The likes of James and a very good chance that McBurnie, Rodon and Roberts will be gone as well

If you look at some of my posts of around the end of the season last year. I was posting that players that went in the summer would be gone and that Swansea would not be getting the money they expected to get for them

The same will happen again this summer
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:52 - Mar 12 with 1476 viewsOldjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:09 - Mar 12 by valleyboy

It’s a balancing act of who Birch will let go and how far down the Leagues the Yanks are prepared to go

If you think of it logically. Players will have to be sold to get rid of some of this huge debt that Swansea has. As next years parachute payment from Sky will only cover the cost of Swansea playing in the achampiondhip

Not just players like Naughton, Fer, Routledge and a few others as they won’t bring much money in, other than to help on the wages front. The likes of James and a very good chance that McBurnie, Rodon and Roberts will be gone as well

If you look at some of my posts of around the end of the season last year. I was posting that players that went in the summer would be gone and that Swansea would not be getting the money they expected to get for them

What huge debt ?Has anyone seen the books or are we gonna take the word of some very dubious guys ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 1475 viewsNeathJack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:52 - Mar 12 by Oldjack

What huge debt ?Has anyone seen the books or are we gonna take the word of some very dubious guys ?

No, the accounts aren't out yet.

For comparison, Cardiff have liabilities of £228.4m so Eames snr may want to start looking closer to home.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:59 - Mar 12 with 1468 viewsOldjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:54 - Mar 12 by NeathJack

For comparison, Cardiff have liabilities of £228.4m so Eames snr may want to start looking closer to home.

Fuk Em!I agree we need to cut costs ,but dismantling the team where we'd get a kicking in league one is gonna cause riots ,mark my words

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 22:36 - Mar 12 with 1442 viewslonglostjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:52 - Mar 12 by Oldjack

Exactly. Let’s see the figures.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:04 - Mar 12 with 1413 viewsjasper_T

We probably still have small long-term debts relative to most football clubs, but the large deficit makes the prospect of mounting very debt alarming, especially as we don't have owners willing to lend the club hundreds of millions interest free out of the goodness of their hearts, praying for a PL windfall to one day potentially break even.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:16 - Mar 12 with 1400 viewsjackrmee

From what I've heard on this forum about everyone being sold in the summer, training facilities being flogged, academy closed down...
What has changed with this Birch guy coming in? You guys said that was all happening anyway mun.
Now it's much worse because it's definitely happening!
So the rumours before were just rumours, but this now confirms it? Or is it still just a rumor? I'm lost.
I just don't get what all the renewed uproar is, if you thought this assett stripping, fire sale was on the cards anyway?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:18 - Mar 12 with 1397 viewsjackrmee

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 10:54 - Mar 12 by valleyboy

Not gloating at all

Just stating the obvious

I tell you what is "stating the obvious"...
You are thick as fuk

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:19 - Mar 12 with 1396 viewsjackrmee

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:09 - Mar 12 by valleyboy

Mathematician's off...

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:32 - Mar 12 with 1372 viewsmajorraglan

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:04 - Mar 12 by jasper_T

We probably still have small long-term debts relative to most football clubs, but the large deficit makes the prospect of mounting very debt alarming, especially as we don't have owners willing to lend the club hundreds of millions interest free out of the goodness of their hearts, praying for a PL windfall to one day potentially break even.

I am sure I saw a post the other day to the effect that the club as owed £800,000 from a company linked to the JTAK film, that’s probably going to have to be written off. That’s a lot of money, a PL team could swallow that kind of hit but my Swansea and not now.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:34]
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 00:28 - Mar 13 with 1344 viewsjasper_T

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:32 - Mar 12 by majorraglan

I am sure I saw a post the other day to the effect that the club as owed £800,000 from a company linked to the JTAK film, that’s probably going to have to be written off. That’s a lot of money, a PL team could swallow that kind of hit but my Swansea and not now.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:34]

Just one of many hands in the till over the years.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 11:56 - Mar 13 with 1245 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:54 - Mar 12 by NeathJack

The big difference with the two clubs Swansea and Cardiff is one is owned by a man that’s pumped in at least £100 million and the other has put no money in other than to pay the old Directors to get control of Swansea and left you up to your Knees in the brown stuff

So much so,that they have had to bring a man in. That works with clubs that are insolvent or about to go into administration

I know what club is in safer hands

And it’s not Swansea City

Accrington Stanley comes to mind

It’s hapened once and I can see it happening again

Football as it is run these days is unsustainable and clubs will go to the wall
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:07 - Mar 13 with 1236 viewsLeonWasGod

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 11:56 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

The big difference with the two clubs Swansea and Cardiff is one is owned by a man that’s pumped in at least £100 million and the other has put no money in other than to pay the old Directors to get control of Swansea and left you up to your Knees in the brown stuff

So much so,that they have had to bring a man in. That works with clubs that are insolvent or about to go into administration

I think we're more vulnerable than your lot. An internal debt isn't as big a problem as no debt but insufficient funds to function through the year. Large internal debt that an owner is happy to have only really becomes an issue when it comes to selling the club, and not always then. Cash flow problems on the other hand... (see Bolton).
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:36 - Mar 13 with 1215 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:07 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

I think we're more vulnerable than your lot. An internal debt isn't as big a problem as no debt but insufficient funds to function through the year. Large internal debt that an owner is happy to have only really becomes an issue when it comes to selling the club, and not always then. Cash flow problems on the other hand... (see Bolton).

I like this bit

“I THINK” we’re more vulnerable

Owned by a Hedge Fund

That are not prepared to put money into Swansea

Just about to announce that an insolvency expert to take charge of Swansea City

And a big black hole that will only partially improve by selling some of the best youngsters that Swansea have

And you think that Swansea are only a bit vulnerable

It was only last week that I was asked by posters to show proof that there was a black hole in the accounts

You don’t need much better proof, when Swansea are just about to announce an insolvency expert is taking charge of the club

Wait a bit

I will possibly be asked for proof that this guy is taking over next
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 1198 viewsNeath_Jack

Genuine question.

When did Haydn become a cardiff fan?

Or is it the old PS classic that if someone has a different view to the majority, then they must either be a cardiff fan, mentally ill, or a stooge for the ex and current shareholders? Then repeat it x amount of times and it then becomes fact?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:57 - Mar 13 with 1176 viewslonglostjack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:46 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Genuine question.

Or is it the old PS classic that if someone has a different view to the majority, then they must either be a cardiff fan, mentally ill, or a stooge for the ex and current shareholders? Then repeat it x amount of times and it then becomes fact?

Well he sure ain't a Swans fan !

"to get control of Swansea and left you up to your Knees in the brown stuff"

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:00 - Mar 13 with 1164 viewsDarran

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:46 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Genuine question.

His use of vocabulary shows he’s not a Swansea fan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:01 - Mar 13 with 1163 viewsvetchonian

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 11:56 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

What is it about the Aberdare air that makes its inhabitants so annoying
Didnt hear much of your bleating when the redturds were down in the championship...

Short memeories too rememebr it was not that long ago your club was in the hands of the likes of Peter Risdale

DO us a favour and dissapear you are a glory hunter....turned up on the North Bank when we were rising under Tosh.....and now suppporting the Bluebirds....soon to be relegated. Dont fool yourselves Tan is hanging in there to recovedr his investment and then he will walk away!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:01 - Mar 13 with 1162 viewsNeath_Jack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:57 - Mar 13 by longlostjack

Well he sure ain't a Swans fan !

"to get control of Swansea and left you up to your Knees in the brown stuff"

Yes he is.

He is very argumentative, but that has always been the case.

And most of the posters on here are falling over themselves to get at him, after he posts antagonistic things such as you quoted.

But then, it's always been the mouth breathing pack mentality on here.

I will apologise if he has changed allegiances in the past couple of years mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024