Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread 16:42 - Apr 16 with 16495 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 18:40]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:30 - Apr 19 with 2009 viewsMuteswan

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 19:53 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

Oh no we didn't

It must have been behind you.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:42 - Apr 19 with 1952 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 17:40 - Apr 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am struggling to recall a match where the referees decisions favoured one side so heavily. I hope he officiates us every week.

No you don’t
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 1939 viewsTenbySwan

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 17:40 - Apr 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am struggling to recall a match where the referees decisions favoured one side so heavily. I hope he officiates us every week.

He chickened out of sending off their number 5 on two occasions when he was already on a yellow card and committed blatant yellow card fouls.

He was promptly subbed after the last foul on DJ
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:52 - Apr 19 with 1915 viewshobo

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 19:18 - Apr 19 by Oldjack

Hardly impressive ,especially when you concede 3 ,we huffed and puffed to just about grind out a win

Scored 4 though
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 19 with 1908 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:30 - Apr 19 by Muteswan

It must have been behind you.

Yeah ! must've been, you were at the game today ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 1827 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:52 - Apr 19 by hobo

Scored 4 though

Could maybe should have been 6 or 7.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:29 - Apr 19 with 1790 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:19 - Apr 19 by jasper_T

Could maybe should have been 6 or 7.

Dan should have had at least 2, possibly 3.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:45 - Apr 19 with 1756 viewsMuteswan

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

Yeah ! must've been, you were at the game today ?

Yes, I actually spoke to the guy sitting next to me about it when it happened .
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:56 - Apr 19 with 1711 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:45 - Apr 19 by Muteswan

Yes, I actually spoke to the guy sitting next to me about it when it happened .

You should have been watching the game rather than speaking to the guy sitting next to you

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 with 1647 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:29 - Apr 19 by builthjack

Dan should have had at least 2, possibly 3.

which is why quite a few of us are excited when he gets the ball but frustrated so often with what he does with it.
After his education last week and quite honestly appalling finishing today who still thinks we'll get 8 figure bids for him?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 23:34]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 1625 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 15:57 - Apr 19 by icecoldjack

Nothing really on the game etc,etc but I have to say that for us to keep getting mugged in exactly the same way game after game after game is starting to really boil my pee !!

Surely by now potter and his coaches have tried to rectify this ? I know we have the worst keeper in the last 25 yrs of Swans football but our defending is just as woeful .

We constantly fail to even compete for 1st and second balls in the box and players seem either indifferent or are lacking responsibility to deal with these situations .

No point in having 70 % of the ball only to be constantly mugged by long throw ins and corners all the time.

I think the fans have been patient as fook but can see them start to lose it now, Nordfelt is a joke and so is our defence teams have worked us out and so far potter seems to have no answer .

We should be beating this lot with ease but somehow in classic swans style we seem to shoot ourselves in foot .

Sort it out lads please !!

Of course Potter and his coaches are trying to rectify it. Do you honestly think they don't know what our problems are?

It's nothing to do with other teams having worked us out. It's that we can't defend set pieces and long balls/crosses into the box, that's it...not really much to work out is it?

Yes it does seem that Potter has no answer, but surely it's an issue for everyone, not just Potter. It's a serious issue which I'm sure they are trying to sort out in training. GP has even spoken about it in the press.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 1625 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 by Badlands

which is why quite a few of us are excited when he gets the ball but frustrated so often with what he does with it.
After his education last week and quite honestly appalling finishing today who still thinks we'll get 8 figure bids for him?

Touch of the Sterling and Salah about him. Wasteful young players who create a large volume of chances for themselves (and others) always attract interest. And he's already shown development in that area since the opportunities he crafted against Crystal Palace way back in August.

More goals and assists than David Brooks in 30 games last season (almost twice as many minutes though to be fair, Brooks wasn't trusted to play 90 very often at this level).

Adama Traore went for £18m and he's as frustrating as they come for end product.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:41 - Apr 19 with 1610 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:22 - Apr 19 by Badlands

Dan will be a gamble for any prem team, but one I suspect a few will take, his first proper season as well and it’s clear to see he will need to improve greatly to fulfill his potential.

I suspect that if he moves he may not progress as quick and won’t play every week, defenders in the prem league have his level of pace and so far he’s not got enough bag of tricks to keep opposition defenders guessing .

Tough choice for him in the summer, does he stay and try and progress under potter, which will improve him or does he think he’s got enough to make it in the prem league, I suspect his agent will want to move him to ensure maximum profit while he’s still hot .

I also suspect the club will want the money, 7m will be incredible for his current ability, watching him against Rangel makes me think many scouts would have taken note and will price him lower .

His end product is certainly improving though.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:43 - Apr 19 with 1604 viewsMuteswan

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 21:56 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

You should have been watching the game rather than speaking to the guy sitting next to you

😁
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 1578 viewsdameedna

Nordfelt kept us in the game
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 23:08 - Apr 19 with 1531 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:38 - Apr 19 by jackrmee

Of course Potter and his coaches are trying to rectify it. Do you honestly think they don't know what our problems are?

It's nothing to do with other teams having worked us out. It's that we can't defend set pieces and long balls/crosses into the box, that's it...not really much to work out is it?

Yes it does seem that Potter has no answer, but surely it's an issue for everyone, not just Potter. It's a serious issue which I'm sure they are trying to sort out in training. GP has even spoken about it in the press.

Well, they’ve had all season and it’s getting worse not better !

We can’t defend set pieces because we have a keeper who flaps and leaves his defenders second guessing every time a ball comes in, I touched on the fact that our defense is extremely poor in challenging the 2 nd ball but I will go further and suggest that we have become even more poor at stopping crosses from source too, Conner Roberts is guilty of this, most problems come from his side, for sure it’s a collective thing but mostly you can lay it firmly at the keepers door.

We were far more solid with mulder, but lack the playing out from the back style that potter prefers, nor felt seems bit of a show pony in this respect, not doing his basics but masking his deficiencies with good ball play and reflex saves, it’s the nuts and bolts we need sorting though, sometimes a keeper needs to put an iffy defense at ease, and do the basics well,he just does the opposite, it’s total panic every time there’s a corner !

If potter sees this and he’s seen it all season why aren’t we cutting our cloth to protect our poor keeper by stopping more at source or changing our marking at corners ?

Nothing is changing here at all, Championship football is one place where a keeper needs to command his area and have a set of balls, if he doesn’t like getting hurt or lacks bottle then the manager needs rid pronto.
He looks great when we are murdering teams with the ball but there really isn’t much point in any of that if it means a set piece Equals a high chance of an easy goal.

Harsh but true.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 23:36 - Apr 19 with 1497 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:48 - Apr 19 by dameedna

Nordfelt kept us in the game

He almost took us out of contention.
His first half was one of the least effective goalkeeping displays I've seen.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 00:08 - Apr 20 with 1462 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 22:41 - Apr 19 by icecoldjack

Dan will be a gamble for any prem team, but one I suspect a few will take, his first proper season as well and it’s clear to see he will need to improve greatly to fulfill his potential.

I suspect that if he moves he may not progress as quick and won’t play every week, defenders in the prem league have his level of pace and so far he’s not got enough bag of tricks to keep opposition defenders guessing .

Tough choice for him in the summer, does he stay and try and progress under potter, which will improve him or does he think he’s got enough to make it in the prem league, I suspect his agent will want to move him to ensure maximum profit while he’s still hot .

I also suspect the club will want the money, 7m will be incredible for his current ability, watching him against Rangel makes me think many scouts would have taken note and will price him lower .

His end product is certainly improving though.

this .......he needs to think carefully, sometimes the grass that looks greener, is not so! theres a vast difference between this league and the Prem.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 01:07 - Apr 20 with 1416 viewsDJack

Horseschitt. If he was pro-Swans their No.5 would have walked for a second (and/or third) yellow.

So once again what you post does not reflect what happened. No wonder you struggle to recall...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 07:58 - Apr 20 with 1266 viewsepaul

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday, a brilliant pointless win and Rotherham made a good game of it, Nordvelt sh*te one minute brilliant the next, go figure! The win made for a very enjoyable evening

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 13:02 - Apr 20 with 1125 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 23:08 - Apr 19 by icecoldjack

Well, they’ve had all season and it’s getting worse not better !

We can’t defend set pieces because we have a keeper who flaps and leaves his defenders second guessing every time a ball comes in, I touched on the fact that our defense is extremely poor in challenging the 2 nd ball but I will go further and suggest that we have become even more poor at stopping crosses from source too, Conner Roberts is guilty of this, most problems come from his side, for sure it’s a collective thing but mostly you can lay it firmly at the keepers door.

We were far more solid with mulder, but lack the playing out from the back style that potter prefers, nor felt seems bit of a show pony in this respect, not doing his basics but masking his deficiencies with good ball play and reflex saves, it’s the nuts and bolts we need sorting though, sometimes a keeper needs to put an iffy defense at ease, and do the basics well,he just does the opposite, it’s total panic every time there’s a corner !

If potter sees this and he’s seen it all season why aren’t we cutting our cloth to protect our poor keeper by stopping more at source or changing our marking at corners ?

Nothing is changing here at all, Championship football is one place where a keeper needs to command his area and have a set of balls, if he doesn’t like getting hurt or lacks bottle then the manager needs rid pronto.
He looks great when we are murdering teams with the ball but there really isn’t much point in any of that if it means a set piece Equals a high chance of an easy goal.

Harsh but true.

Some fair points made but second guessing cuts both ways.

There are endless posts on here about how our defenders struggle to meet balls on the head coming into the box. We are not tall enough maybe and typical Championship players are bigger and stronger (but less mobile). This gives our ‘lightweight’ defence a problem which in turn gives the keeper a problem too.

When a ball comes in, the keeper has to judge whether or not the defence is going to clear the ball. On numerous occasions this doesn’t happen meaning he has to adjust his position and his thoughts in a split second often resulting in neither one nor the other.

I don’t agree it’s all down to Nordfeldt in those cases but their second goal yesterday and Stoke’s mid week I was disappointed in because I think he should have got nearer to them.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 15:31 - Apr 20 with 1059 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Thread on 13:02 - Apr 20 by union_jack

Some fair points made but second guessing cuts both ways.

There are endless posts on here about how our defenders struggle to meet balls on the head coming into the box. We are not tall enough maybe and typical Championship players are bigger and stronger (but less mobile). This gives our ‘lightweight’ defence a problem which in turn gives the keeper a problem too.

When a ball comes in, the keeper has to judge whether or not the defence is going to clear the ball. On numerous occasions this doesn’t happen meaning he has to adjust his position and his thoughts in a split second often resulting in neither one nor the other.

I don’t agree it’s all down to Nordfeldt in those cases but their second goal yesterday and Stoke’s mid week I was disappointed in because I think he should have got nearer to them.

Disagree.

The keeper needs to judge if HE is coming for the ball, he does his job first not second guess another player, that’s just basics, if he decides he’s coming for the ball give a shout and go through his own and opposition players, all quite simple at least it was before goalkeepers started acting like fannies .

The defense takes some blame of course, they’ve not been great lately, but it starts from the keeper, dodgy keeper= Non confident defenders = dodgy defending.

Anyway, happy to agree to disagree on this one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024