Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang on a minute 15:57 - Apr 22 with 6500 viewssainthelens

All results seemingly going our way, pinch a win and .........?
Or should I just stop right now ?
Hang on a minute on 19:35 - Apr 22 with 2197 viewsSgorioFruit

The two points we threw away when we drew 3-3 home to Birmingham hurts me the most

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Hang on a minute on 19:48 - Apr 22 with 2146 viewsthornabyswan

Hang on a minute on 19:35 - Apr 22 by SgorioFruit

The two points we threw away when we drew 3-3 home to Birmingham hurts me the most

Would you go next season if we go up

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Hang on a minute on 19:49 - Apr 22 with 2146 viewsnantywatcher

I would like to point out that every single team in the Football League pyramid has lost matches they deserved to win. Every single one of them!
But let's have a whine about the manager's selections anyway, shall we?
Hang on a minute on 20:46 - Apr 22 with 2069 viewsjasper_T

Hang on a minute on 19:49 - Apr 22 by nantywatcher

I would like to point out that every single team in the Football League pyramid has lost matches they deserved to win. Every single one of them!
But let's have a whine about the manager's selections anyway, shall we?

It's the matches we didn't deserve to win because of (at the time, no hindsight required) bizarre selections/game management that hurt the most. Ipswich at home we played nice stuff but conceded some sloppy goals, we're a young team it happens. Even Forest getting sucker punched off two corners... that's football sometime, isn't it. Stoke and Joe Allen's offside goal.

Rotherham was a full half an hour watching Graham make no changes as they got more and more into the game, figuring us out as we tired. Their manager deserved those two pens on the day.

Villa away, Dan James dropped after his stormer at Ipswich. Playing a back 5 for the first time after a week of Potter bigging them and the "special" occasion up despite them struggling. When we reverted to norm after half time we were the better side. What might have been.

Potter's explanation for that period is valid; he wanted a big group of players to get involvement to create a better sense of unity/team spirit/competition, and to find out first hand what each player could do. But even so there were some strange choices. And often when some of those did work it would be all change again the next weekend. Big win against QPR one weekend, different shape at Wigan the next with goalscorer CBR dropped.

Fine margins is the saying but you look at the capability in this squad, in the shape we're playing now, and blimey it didn't have to be fine margins at all, did it? Could have felt hard done by to be on only 69/70 points.
Hang on a minute on 20:52 - Apr 22 with 2046 viewsSgorioFruit

Hang on a minute on 19:48 - Apr 22 by thornabyswan

Would you go next season if we go up

yeh just to watch united innit?

I am not renewing for a number of reasons, having two very young kids is one of them.

regardless of what division we are in I couldn't give a toss. It's just going to be a very busy time in my life. If we were league one then I may try and get to a game, if we were in the prem then I may try and get to a game. Im not impressed one bit by the top flight celebrity football full of mercenaries and corrupt officials and pansies rolling around on the floor as if they been shot on the beaches of Normandy.

Hang on a minute on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 2018 viewsthornabyswan

Hang on a minute on 20:52 - Apr 22 by SgorioFruit

yeh just to watch united innit?

I am not renewing for a number of reasons, having two very young kids is one of them.

regardless of what division we are in I couldn't give a toss. It's just going to be a very busy time in my life. If we were league one then I may try and get to a game, if we were in the prem then I may try and get to a game. Im not impressed one bit by the top flight celebrity football full of mercenaries and corrupt officials and pansies rolling around on the floor as if they been shot on the beaches of Normandy.

Good for you I prefer the Championship

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Hang on a minute on 21:16 - Apr 22 with 1983 viewsSgorioFruit

Hang on a minute on 21:01 - Apr 22 by thornabyswan

Good for you I prefer the Championship

Yeh I keep looking back to when Martinez got us promoted to the championship. That was the making of us. The last time we were in the second tier before Martinez I think was 83/84 season, of which I was two months old when we got relegated back in to the third division.
What I’m saying, is premier league aside, we have done incredibly well to get this far. I’m happy to stay at this level for a few years, playing some good football, few more cup runs. Get our “identity” back and then have another stab at the top flight, only next time with experienced honest owners instead of the crap we have had to endure.

Hang on a minute on 21:18 - Apr 22 with 1972 viewsSgorioFruit

Hang on a minute on 21:16 - Apr 22 by SgorioFruit

Yeh I keep looking back to when Martinez got us promoted to the championship. That was the making of us. The last time we were in the second tier before Martinez I think was 83/84 season, of which I was two months old when we got relegated back in to the third division.
What I’m saying, is premier league aside, we have done incredibly well to get this far. I’m happy to stay at this level for a few years, playing some good football, few more cup runs. Get our “identity” back and then have another stab at the top flight, only next time with experienced honest owners instead of the crap we have had to endure.

This sounds hypocritical, but of course I’d swap all this for another Wembley play off final victory.
It’s just a catch 22. Because it wouldn’t be enjoyable in the top flight with our off field issues.

Login to get fewer ads

Hang on a minute on 21:25 - Apr 22 with 1949 viewsOldjack

Some one needs to tell theses yanks ,we could make a real fist of this promotion malarkey next season if THEY play the right tunes

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Hang on a minute on 21:40 - Apr 22 with 1898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hang on a minute on 18:40 - Apr 22 by WarwickHunt

*whoosh*

At last, someone gets it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hang on a minute on 23:44 - Apr 22 with 1750 viewsswan65split

Life is full of dreams and hope, life without hope and dreams is boring!

I say we can do it, why? a seagull shat on a car panel I painted today.

Long live Cavalli and that French guy who played for utd .......both liked seagulls.
Hang on a minute on 00:06 - Apr 23 with 1722 viewsbermudajack

Hang on a minute on 23:44 - Apr 22 by swan65split

Life is full of dreams and hope, life without hope and dreams is boring!

I say we can do it, why? a seagull shat on a car panel I painted today.

Long live Cavalli and that French guy who played for utd .......both liked seagulls.

Without question our inability to defend set pieces has already cost us the chance of the playoffs, conceding 22 goals from set pieces (the highest in the Championship by a country mile) and which up until today - still hasn’t been addressed ... We won’t beat Blackburn away anyways 🙈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Hang on a minute on 00:40 - Apr 23 with 1683 viewsJJJack

Hang on a minute on 20:46 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

It's the matches we didn't deserve to win because of (at the time, no hindsight required) bizarre selections/game management that hurt the most. Ipswich at home we played nice stuff but conceded some sloppy goals, we're a young team it happens. Even Forest getting sucker punched off two corners... that's football sometime, isn't it. Stoke and Joe Allen's offside goal.

Rotherham was a full half an hour watching Graham make no changes as they got more and more into the game, figuring us out as we tired. Their manager deserved those two pens on the day.

Villa away, Dan James dropped after his stormer at Ipswich. Playing a back 5 for the first time after a week of Potter bigging them and the "special" occasion up despite them struggling. When we reverted to norm after half time we were the better side. What might have been.

Potter's explanation for that period is valid; he wanted a big group of players to get involvement to create a better sense of unity/team spirit/competition, and to find out first hand what each player could do. But even so there were some strange choices. And often when some of those did work it would be all change again the next weekend. Big win against QPR one weekend, different shape at Wigan the next with goalscorer CBR dropped.

Fine margins is the saying but you look at the capability in this squad, in the shape we're playing now, and blimey it didn't have to be fine margins at all, did it? Could have felt hard done by to be on only 69/70 points.

Losing to Ipswich at home was unnecessary, inexpilcable and the biggest reason we are not now in with a good chance of scraping 6th. I haven't been to many games this season but I was at that game and I have no idea at all how we contrived to lose that match.
Hang on a minute on 00:49 - Apr 23 with 1669 viewsJJJack

Hang on a minute on 19:26 - Apr 22 by thornabyswan

We made the Play offs in 1987 with 70 unlikely but not impossible.
If Derby and Bristol draw Saturday Boro slip up we will have a chance if we can win then it's Derby.

Except we didn't make the playoffs in 87. That was the year we capitulated from 2nd to mid table in the last few months. I was at Northampton when we won 1-0 in Feb with a late Pascoe goal to go 2nd (remarkably we were the only team to have beaten them at that stage - and we had then beaten them twice).
It was 1988 when we scraped into 7th on the final day. But with the squad we had we were basically faviourites to go up. How the hell we only finished 7th with a squad containing Melville, Coleman , Hutchinson, Pascoe, Alan Davies, McCarthy & Robbie James etc was a mystery. Despite making savagely hard work of it we beat Rotherham in the Semis (they had finished 21st in the 3rd tier coz that's how it used to work youngsters) and then beat Torquay 5-4 on Agg. The atmosphere at the home ties was unbelievable and the official attendances given were a total joke. The Torquay game there must have been around 15,000+ there but was given as about 10k.....
Hang on a minute on 01:12 - Apr 23 with 1659 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This just makes it all the more frustrating...all the points we've wasted this season, or been screwed out of by bad referees.

We are what we are, and whether or not we are prepared for promotion is up for debate, but Swansea could have easily been a playoff club at the least this season.

And based on our current form, we'd be the playoff team nobody wants to face.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Hang on a minute on 07:25 - Apr 23 with 1509 viewspencoedjack

Hang on a minute on 01:12 - Apr 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

This just makes it all the more frustrating...all the points we've wasted this season, or been screwed out of by bad referees.

We are what we are, and whether or not we are prepared for promotion is up for debate, but Swansea could have easily been a playoff club at the least this season.

And based on our current form, we'd be the playoff team nobody wants to face.

Aston Villa are the form side in the play offs.
Hang on a minute on 07:38 - Apr 23 with 1495 viewsMagic_Michu

We win on Saturday and either Bristol v Derby ends in draw or Derby wins... then it’s all to play for.

But it looks like we’ll end up between 1 - 3 points short of play offs.

So ruddy frustrating!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Hang on a minute on 07:41 - Apr 23 with 1492 views34dfgdf54

Boro should win next two comfortably.

They should make the last spot
Hang on a minute on 08:06 - Apr 23 with 1436 viewsMagic_Michu

Hang on a minute on 07:41 - Apr 23 by 34dfgdf54

Boro look dogsh*te at the moment tho

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Hang on a minute on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 1298 viewsGaz_M

Hang on a minute on 07:41 - Apr 23 by 34dfgdf54

Their fans don't think so. How did you come to that conclusion?
Hang on a minute on 10:38 - Apr 23 with 1243 viewsjackrmee

Here's the hard facts...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-derby-co

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Hang on a minute on 15:42 - Apr 23 with 1086 viewsNotLoyal

Win the next three ?
And yes, we are going to make it.

And yes,I'm back.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hang on a minute on 15:45 - Apr 23 with 1082 viewsmonmouth

Hang on a minute on 15:42 - Apr 23 by NotLoyal

Win the next three ?
And yes, we are going to make it.

And yes,I'm back.

No you're Not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hang on a minute on 15:47 - Apr 23 with 1081 viewsNotLoyal

Hang on a minute on 15:45 - Apr 23 by monmouth

No you're Not.

Or am I ?

OK I've changed it.

Hang on a minute on 15:48 - Apr 23 with 1072 viewsNotLoyal

Hang on a minute on 15:45 - Apr 23 by monmouth

No you're Not.

I hope you missed me pal ? Not in a Gary Glitter way but ...

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024