Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 44549 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 15:19 - May 15 with 4760 views34dfgdf54

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48252290

Credit to the club trying to keep hold of him. Could it possibly be him trying to get assurances from the board on how this summer will play out before turning Brighton down?

Clinging on to anything at the moment. Another manager change would be a disaster at this stage imo.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:43 - May 15 with 4635 viewssainthelens

If he does go, then the next manager we have that comes over kissing the badge/fist pumping/shouting you Jack b@stards (We've now had a few)....it's gonna take a big effort not to jump on the turf telling him go fck himself.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:49 - May 15 with 4593 viewsJacket

Potter Brighton ? on 14:03 - May 15 by BHAFC

Alright lads.

Popped on to read up on Potter as I admittedly knew sod all about him but whilst I’m here I thought I’d reply to a few things.

Hughton was sacked for two reason. Our abysmal form in 2019 and the atrocious anti-football we were playing. We won 3 of our last 23 games, went 11 hours without scoring and managed 4 shots on target in 6 games at one point. We took 0 points off Cardiff, 1 off Fulham & 0 Saints too, so we couldn’t even compete with the teams directly around us. Our home form which kept us up last year also fell apart, including a 5-0 loss to Bournemouth.

My main gripe though is the fact that we have excellent technical payers who are being completely misused. Playmakers who have been turned in to crabs who don’t leave our half. Strikers forced out to the wings. Wingers basically being second fullbacks. There’s a lot of rumours of players asking to attack more. Turning us in to a possession based attacking team wouldn’t be quite the overhaul it appears from the outside.

I feel a manager like Potter who wants to play good, attacking football will be backed; both financially and time wise if things don’t start well. The whole club is working towards being able to produce and develop young players so I feel even if we went down there could be a chance he kept his job if there was promising signs elsewhere. Our youth team is improving year on year, finishing 3rd in PL2 this year. Despite this Hughton wouldn’t give any of our young players a chance, another mark against him that isn’t visible from the outside. We couldn’t score a goal for love nor money, and he still completely ignored the top scorer in the U-23’s league and a lad who already has goals internationally for Sweden’s first team because he was too stubborn to change. The miracles Potter has worked with some of your youngsters is another massive bonus for us if it comes off.

We also signed a bloke called Dan Ashworth as our Director of Football. He’s given a lot of praise for his work with England, where he was the brains behind England DNA which is credited as the reason for England cleaning up at youth level over the last couple of years. Seeming he was linked with Man.U just before we signed him it’s been seen as a massive result for us. We’ve already made an eight figure bid for Reece James at Chelsea, which clearly has Ashworth all over it. Potter & Ashworth working together could be an absolute winner.

I do genuinely think that Potter is the right man for us after reading a lot about him on here and other forums. I just hope that if it happens we fairly compensate you. You’ve been on a similar journey to us over the last 20 years so it’s horrible to see bellends who clearly don’t care about the club completely dismantle all the good work you’d done. Hopefully you sign Hughton if we get Potter, despite all his flaws he’s an excellent manager at Championship level, and I much prefer Swansea to a lot of the other teams with play-off aspirations in the Championship

They may want to give him time. But when push comes to shove, having made their sums about the catastrophic impact of a return to the Championship, they'll soon think differently, and lofty goals of good attacking football will be cast aside and pragmatism will take over. Their fingers will become itchy and they'll take any old fool playing any kind of hoofball if they think it'll give them a chance to avoid te financial abyss of relegation.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 15:50]
Potter Brighton ? on 15:56 - May 15 with 4551 viewsMrSwerve

Potter Brighton ? on 15:43 - May 15 by sainthelens

If he does go, then the next manager we have that comes over kissing the badge/fist pumping/shouting you Jack b@stards (We've now had a few)....it's gonna take a big effort not to jump on the turf telling him go fck himself.

You’ve believed anyone doing that over the last 20-30 years?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Potter Brighton ? on 16:11 - May 15 with 4463 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter Brighton ? on 14:03 - May 15 by BHAFC

Alright lads.

Popped on to read up on Potter as I admittedly knew sod all about him but whilst I’m here I thought I’d reply to a few things.

Hughton was sacked for two reason. Our abysmal form in 2019 and the atrocious anti-football we were playing. We won 3 of our last 23 games, went 11 hours without scoring and managed 4 shots on target in 6 games at one point. We took 0 points off Cardiff, 1 off Fulham & 0 Saints too, so we couldn’t even compete with the teams directly around us. Our home form which kept us up last year also fell apart, including a 5-0 loss to Bournemouth.

My main gripe though is the fact that we have excellent technical payers who are being completely misused. Playmakers who have been turned in to crabs who don’t leave our half. Strikers forced out to the wings. Wingers basically being second fullbacks. There’s a lot of rumours of players asking to attack more. Turning us in to a possession based attacking team wouldn’t be quite the overhaul it appears from the outside.

I feel a manager like Potter who wants to play good, attacking football will be backed; both financially and time wise if things don’t start well. The whole club is working towards being able to produce and develop young players so I feel even if we went down there could be a chance he kept his job if there was promising signs elsewhere. Our youth team is improving year on year, finishing 3rd in PL2 this year. Despite this Hughton wouldn’t give any of our young players a chance, another mark against him that isn’t visible from the outside. We couldn’t score a goal for love nor money, and he still completely ignored the top scorer in the U-23’s league and a lad who already has goals internationally for Sweden’s first team because he was too stubborn to change. The miracles Potter has worked with some of your youngsters is another massive bonus for us if it comes off.

We also signed a bloke called Dan Ashworth as our Director of Football. He’s given a lot of praise for his work with England, where he was the brains behind England DNA which is credited as the reason for England cleaning up at youth level over the last couple of years. Seeming he was linked with Man.U just before we signed him it’s been seen as a massive result for us. We’ve already made an eight figure bid for Reece James at Chelsea, which clearly has Ashworth all over it. Potter & Ashworth working together could be an absolute winner.

I do genuinely think that Potter is the right man for us after reading a lot about him on here and other forums. I just hope that if it happens we fairly compensate you. You’ve been on a similar journey to us over the last 20 years so it’s horrible to see bellends who clearly don’t care about the club completely dismantle all the good work you’d done. Hopefully you sign Hughton if we get Potter, despite all his flaws he’s an excellent manager at Championship level, and I much prefer Swansea to a lot of the other teams with play-off aspirations in the Championship

I you don't go down next season, (probably Sotons turn next) then it will be the season after. No one ever re-boots once caught in the drain water.
Come again.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 16:12]

Its just a ride.

Potter Brighton ? on 16:15 - May 15 with 4430 viewssainthelens

Potter Brighton ? on 15:56 - May 15 by MrSwerve

You’ve believed anyone doing that over the last 20-30 years?

No, I've never believed it, but it gets bit wearing don't you think.
Potter Brighton ? on 17:57 - May 15 with 4118 viewsBytholWyn

This statement from Bloom says it all about how much time Potter will get: "Our run of three wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it's the right time for a change."

If Bloom was serious about the long term he wouldn't put so much emphasis on the "status at significant risk" bit. He let the cat out of the bag there - and Potter should realise that any poor run of form will see him out of the door. The Premier League does strange things to club owners and chairmen, as we know only too well - all rationality goes out of the window and it's all about staying in the league at whatever cost to footballing principles or the long-term viability of the club (Portsmouth and Bolton fans can no doubt vouch for that). I see nothing to suggest Bloom is any less short term in his approach than the rest.
Potter Brighton ? on 12:20 - May 16 with 3585 viewsHeadmaster

Update: "Albion remain confident of bringing in Potter and his coaching staff, despite having an initial approach knocked back. The process of securing clearance to open negotiations with Potter has been left in a holding pattern by the fact Swansea’s joint owners are on opposite coasts of the USA, one in Los Angeles."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/17642690.albion-play-waiting-game-on
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? on 12:24 - May 16 with 3561 viewslifelong

Potter’s odds drifting slightly to 4/6, Phillip Neville now at 3/1 for the job.
Potter Brighton ? on 13:08 - May 16 with 3371 viewsBadlands

Potter Brighton ? on 12:20 - May 16 by Headmaster

Update: "Albion remain confident of bringing in Potter and his coaching staff, despite having an initial approach knocked back. The process of securing clearance to open negotiations with Potter has been left in a holding pattern by the fact Swansea’s joint owners are on opposite coasts of the USA, one in Los Angeles."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/17642690.albion-play-waiting-game-on

What a load of old cobblers.
They have phones in the US.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Brighton ? on 13:45 - May 16 with 3231 viewsKGriz16

Potter Brighton ? on 13:08 - May 16 by Badlands

I thought we'd already told them no, so why do there need to be lines of contact? Especially with those two idiots across the ocean.
Potter Brighton ? on 14:02 - May 16 with 3156 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Even the internet apparently.

Video conferencing is rumoured to be possible.

I

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter Brighton ? on 16:02 - May 16 with 2887 viewsNotLoyal

A holding pattern 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Potter Brighton ? on 17:41 - May 16 with 2702 viewsSwansea93

Potter talks continue
Right then.

We’ve now got an update on Graham Potter’s future...

Swansea City remain in talks with the Englishman amid the ongoing interest from Brighton.

The Seagulls made Potter their No. 1 target after making the bold call to sack Chris Hughton on Monday morning.

They have already had an approach to speak with Potter turned down by Swansea, although Brighton are expected to up their efforts to take the 43-year-old to the Amex Stadium. It is believed there has been no official follow-up approach from the Seagulls.

Swansea held lengthy talks with Potter on Wednesday, and it’s understood that discussions between the club and their manager remain ongoing.

It is understood that Potter - who during the course of the 2018/19 campaign has repeatedly stated that he views the job in SA1 as a long-term project - is seeking assurances over what the future holds at the club.

He has endured two difficult transfer windows at the Liberty Stadium to date, with no fewer than 19 players departing while only six have been recruited.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter Brighton ? on 17:53 - May 16 with 2640 viewsthornabyswan

Potter Brighton ? on 17:41 - May 16 by Swansea93

Potter talks continue
Right then.

We’ve now got an update on Graham Potter’s future...

Swansea City remain in talks with the Englishman amid the ongoing interest from Brighton.

The Seagulls made Potter their No. 1 target after making the bold call to sack Chris Hughton on Monday morning.

They have already had an approach to speak with Potter turned down by Swansea, although Brighton are expected to up their efforts to take the 43-year-old to the Amex Stadium. It is believed there has been no official follow-up approach from the Seagulls.

Swansea held lengthy talks with Potter on Wednesday, and it’s understood that discussions between the club and their manager remain ongoing.

It is understood that Potter - who during the course of the 2018/19 campaign has repeatedly stated that he views the job in SA1 as a long-term project - is seeking assurances over what the future holds at the club.

He has endured two difficult transfer windows at the Liberty Stadium to date, with no fewer than 19 players departing while only six have been recruited.

If Potter wants assurances to stay he is gone.
The compensation will be the stumbling block.

No way Potter will back the Yanks into a corner.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter Brighton ? on 17:56 - May 16 with 2620 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 17:53 - May 16 by thornabyswan

If he goes, we know exactly what the plans are.

He’s not backing them into a corner, he’s most likely just asking if there’s another big sell off will he have the the backing to bring a few in. As the article says, 19 out, 6 in, it’s not sustainable.
Potter Brighton ? on 18:00 - May 16 with 2602 viewsmagicdaps10

I genuinely think Potter is a man of his word and loyal, I certainly believe we are going to find out what the yanks are planning sooner rather than later.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Potter Brighton ? on 21:04 - May 16 with 2148 viewsjasper_T

Potter and (I think) McCauley watching the playoff semi in Portsmouth.

Scouting players or local entertainment?
Potter Brighton ? on 21:20 - May 16 with 2045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter Brighton ? on 17:53 - May 16 by thornabyswan

That’s the negative way to look at it. The positive way is to think that Potter likes it here, isn’t convinced about Brighton and the owners are going to give him a budget to have a crack at promotion. That’s overly optimistic perhaps but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter Brighton ? on 21:23 - May 16 with 1999 viewsvalleyboy

Potter Brighton ? on 21:20 - May 16 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s the negative way to look at it. The positive way is to think that Potter likes it here, isn’t convinced about Brighton and the owners are going to give him a budget to have a crack at promotion. That’s overly optimistic perhaps but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Money to spend with eat least a £30 million black hole and still paying hefty wages to players out on loan

As you say

Overly optimistic way at looking at it
Potter Brighton ? on 21:33 - May 16 with 1945 viewsmynamesjeff1

Potter Brighton ? on 21:23 - May 16 by valleyboy

Money to spend with eat least a £30 million black hole and still paying hefty wages to players out on loan

As you say

Overly optimistic way at looking at it

Just seen a post on twitter saying that all the players out of contract has dropped the wage bill by about £12M, there’s a start.
Potter Brighton ? on 21:35 - May 16 with 1930 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 21:04 - May 16 by jasper_T

Potter and (I think) McCauley watching the playoff semi in Portsmouth.

Scouting players or local entertainment?

Promising. No one in this game would interest a Premier League club surely.
Potter Brighton ? on 21:41 - May 16 with 1880 viewsTheKirkyLife

Potter Brighton ? on 21:35 - May 16 by 34dfgdf54

Promising. No one in this game would interest a Premier League club surely.

Pretty sure Matt Clarke has piqued interest. Could be cheaper CB option to bring in than Carter-Vickers. Still young at 22 as well.
Potter Brighton ? on 21:42 - May 16 with 1869 viewsmynamesjeff1

Potter Brighton ? on 21:41 - May 16 by TheKirkyLife

Pretty sure Matt Clarke has piqued interest. Could be cheaper CB option to bring in than Carter-Vickers. Still young at 22 as well.

WalesOnline understands that the pair's attendance was due to a pre-planned scouting mission, and has nothing to do with any interest in his services from elsewhere.

It's not clear if Potter was there to watch any particular players, although it could well have been Pompey defender Matt Clarke, who's already reportedly attracting interest from Championship duo Leeds United and
Potter Brighton ? on 21:46 - May 16 with 1829 viewsvetchonian

Potter Brighton ? on 21:42 - May 16 by mynamesjeff1

WalesOnline understands that the pair's attendance was due to a pre-planned scouting mission, and has nothing to do with any interest in his services from elsewhere.

It's not clear if Potter was there to watch any particular players, although it could well have been Pompey defender Matt Clarke, who's already reportedly attracting interest from Championship duo Leeds United and

Nailed on press release in the morning with pic of Potter at the amex with his Brighton scarf

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024