Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 112934 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 3882 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:03 - Jul 7 by Chief

I have no faith whatsoever that that they'd spend money on a capable centre half no. That's why VDH must stay.

I agree, VDH should stay.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:22 - Jul 7 with 3839 viewsjackrmee

I have no faith whatsoever that that they'd spend money on a capable centre half no. That's why VDH must stay.

Him staying is 50/50 IMO

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:36 - Jul 7 with 3816 viewsChief

Well theres no excuses if he does leave. Pure greed by the owners if he does

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:44 - Jul 7 with 3797 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:36 - Jul 7 by Chief

it might all come down to the contract offer, vdh may be the greedy one - I'm sure they could come to deal if they both want it.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 3718 viewsJonathans_coat

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:15 - Jul 7 by Chief

A free transfer to play alongside Rodon who's only had 1 season in senior football himself? Really?

MVH is now club captain, and our best and only “senior” CB. We MUST keep him if at all possible.

Who would we replace him with if he left? A journeyman free transfer, or another unproven youngster no doubt.

New improved contract is the biggest no brainer in the squad, outside of flogging off the expensive millstones, Borja and the Ayews. (Please somebody take them, for free, or we’ll pay you!)
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:13 - Jul 7 with 3709 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:36 - Jul 7 by Chief

Not if he would rather go on a free at the end of the season than sign a new contract.

It would be different if he wasn’t out of contract at the end of the season.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:23 - Jul 7 with 3698 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:07 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Why?

Because I think CVC is the better defender. I played as a central defender for 20 years and I would not enjoy playing alongside VDH. All the Hollywood last minute tackles and 50 yard cross-field passes are well and good, but he is missing in action at crucial times. As a central defender you need to sacrifice part of your own game for the benefit of the team - that's not part of his game at the moment, if SC could instill that in him he would be a superb asset. To get CVC for half the money seems an excellent option in theory.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:54 - Jul 7 with 3536 viewsLuther27

I agree. Why should we sell him?
If we sell Olli, VDH fir the prices quoted plus the sake of Dan James then that is approx £45 million. Now I've yet to see definitive evidence of a £30 million black hole constantly being referenced to on here. But ok...let's say there is. So does anyone here believe the club will spend £15 million on new players?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:58 - Jul 7 with 3523 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:54 - Jul 7 by Luther27

I agree. Why should we sell him?
If we sell Olli, VDH fir the prices quoted plus the sake of Dan James then that is approx £45 million. Now I've yet to see definitive evidence of a £30 million black hole constantly being referenced to on here. But ok...let's say there is. So does anyone here believe the club will spend £15 million on new players?

nope

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:30 - Jul 7 with 3454 viewsSwanseaman

some Bradford fans seem adamant there is a sell on fee of around 15% if McBurnie is sold, although he is sure there is not?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:58 - Jul 7 with 3259 viewsGeoffThom

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:30 - Jul 7 by Swanseaman

some Bradford fans seem adamant there is a sell on fee of around 15% if McBurnie is sold, although he is sure there is not?

Sure we bought the clause out
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:50 - Jul 7 with 3161 viewsHip

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 7 by jackrmee

So you reckon the Yanks are going to spend money on bringing in a centre half?

They don't have to when you've got 4 kids there are comfortable promoting to the 1st team.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 08:54 - Jul 8 with 2980 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sky sports news discussing our transfer situation at 9am if anyone is interested
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:21 - Jul 8 with 2925 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 08:54 - Jul 8 by exiledinenglandjack

Sky sports news discussing our transfer situation at 9am if anyone is interested

Sht....missed it. What gems did they come out with?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:10 - Jul 8 with 2816 viewsBadlands

It appears that any player offered a move to a Premier League club with better standard, better prospects of winning trophies and playing in Europe with significantly better money will be sold because the club's shareholders are greedy.
Right oh!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:16 - Jul 8 with 2645 viewsSwansea93

So Roberts wont be off to Bournemouth as suggested on here before, they've just signed Lutons RB.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:22 - Jul 8 with 2614 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:54 - Jul 7 by Swansea93

According to Nixon we want 20+ for McBurnie and there's interest in VDH but we want 10+ for him.

That was always going to be likely. Dan, Oli and VdH were the 3 regulars from last season we needed to keep together if we're going to build, and the 3 most likely to go. If Oli and VDH do leave us, I've a bad feeling about this season. We'll need a stroke of luck unearthing hidden gems as replacements (especially a prolific striker) and Cooper will have to perform miracles.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:59 - Jul 8 with 2411 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:22 - Jul 8 by LeonWasGod

That was always going to be likely. Dan, Oli and VdH were the 3 regulars from last season we needed to keep together if we're going to build, and the 3 most likely to go. If Oli and VDH do leave us, I've a bad feeling about this season. We'll need a stroke of luck unearthing hidden gems as replacements (especially a prolific striker) and Cooper will have to perform miracles.

this article is saying similar = if we can keep our better players, they have us down to challenge for a top six spot

cardiff is said to have one of the strongest squads in the Championship, and serious promotion contenders.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/current-championship-

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 8 with 2349 viewsJacket

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:59 - Jul 8 by Swanseaman

this article is saying similar = if we can keep our better players, they have us down to challenge for a top six spot

cardiff is said to have one of the strongest squads in the Championship, and serious promotion contenders.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/current-championship-

Wales on Line getting over the top about Cardiff, now there's a shock.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:36 - Jul 8 with 2325 viewsjack247

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:23 - Jul 7 by nantywatcher

Because I think CVC is the better defender. I played as a central defender for 20 years and I would not enjoy playing alongside VDH. All the Hollywood last minute tackles and 50 yard cross-field passes are well and good, but he is missing in action at crucial times. As a central defender you need to sacrifice part of your own game for the benefit of the team - that's not part of his game at the moment, if SC could instill that in him he would be a superb asset. To get CVC for half the money seems an excellent option in theory.

Can I please copy and paste this post every time someone suggests bringing Chico back?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:59 - Jul 8 with 2255 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:59 - Jul 8 by Swanseaman

this championship prediction tweet has us down for mid table even if we keep mcburnie:

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:35 - Jul 8 with 2189 viewsBadlands

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:23 - Jul 7 by nantywatcher

I only played CB / sweeper for 10 years (5 semi-pro) so bow to your reader knowledge but in my. opinion CVC eventually made a decent fist of the job but not up to Rodnon's standard and not even close to Mike Van Der Hoorn, who IMO would have kept us up had he played instead of Mr (I've been with the England squad and I don't need to make an effort) Mawson.
Think back MVDH as been caught out but more often than not because Roberts has been out of position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:52 - Jul 8 with 2137 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:10 - Jul 8 by Badlands

It appears that any player offered a move to a Premier League club with better standard, better prospects of winning trophies and playing in Europe with significantly better money will be sold because the club's shareholders are greedy.
Right oh!

Like the deal they agreed to sell Dan James to Leeds you mean!?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:16 - Jul 8 with 2062 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 8 by Jacket

Wales on Line getting over the top about Cardiff, now there's a shock.

Sadly it's not over the top though is it? They've got the most successful manager in the history of this division and a stronger squad now then when they were in the Championship last time when they finished 2nd. Any Swans fan who can't see that they'll be up there is kidding themselves. I just hope we replace Nordvelt before we play them, I have nightmares thinking of him flapping beneath the inevitable aerial bombardment.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:24 - Jul 8 with 2044 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:16 - Jul 8 by Chief

Sadly it's not over the top though is it? They've got the most successful manager in the history of this division and a stronger squad now then when they were in the Championship last time when they finished 2nd. Any Swans fan who can't see that they'll be up there is kidding themselves. I just hope we replace Nordvelt before we play them, I have nightmares thinking of him flapping beneath the inevitable aerial bombardment.

they should be up there this season. by keeping warnock, and a very good team will be interesting. i just hope our transfer window doesn't go badly for us so we can beat them in a least one of the derby's.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024