Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 112922 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:55 - Jul 11 with 3464 viewsjack247

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 11 by Chief

They could start by integrating the 15mill pound striker we on the books into the playing squad

We haven’t got one. Unless you’re referring to McBurnie
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:57 - Jul 11 with 3453 viewsjack247

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:53 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Copper has just confirmed that in the forum.

Loan / Free signings.

Is that regardless of outgoings (ie whether we lose McBurnie or not)?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:00 - Jul 11 with 3433 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:57 - Jul 11 by jack247

I’m just following a thread of updates on twitter.

Birch has said that we hope to utilise loan market using Coopers connections. If we can’t flog the likes of Ayew etc, it’s not the end of the world due to James sale helping, but confirms they need to come off the wage bill. It just means we don’t necessarily have to sell more players if we can’t move on the three amigos.

When asked about transfers he said “Free signings / loans”
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:01]
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:11 - Jul 11 with 3401 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:57 - Jul 11 by jack247

they said that: 'Will we offload players we want to sell even if we can’t get any money for them? Main criteria is to get them off the payroll.'

so ayew and others will be gone this window, for sure.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:27 - Jul 11 with 3371 viewsJonathans_coat

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:00 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

I’m just following a thread of updates on twitter.

Birch has said that we hope to utilise loan market using Coopers connections. If we can’t flog the likes of Ayew etc, it’s not the end of the world due to James sale helping, but confirms they need to come off the wage bill. It just means we don’t necessarily have to sell more players if we can’t move on the three amigos.

When asked about transfers he said “Free signings / loans”
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:01]

Reported weekly wages (sources differ):-

A Ayew - £80,000
J Ayew - £50,000
B Baston - £50,000
J Montero - £27,000

Nearly £11m this year in 4 players wages that we aren’t intending to play for us.

I know some may have relegation clauses etc as well, but unless 3 out of these 4 go we are not going to pay more than a token transfer fees for anyone. Obviously the yanks are not going to use their own money to help with cashflow in the near future (if ever), so unless we sell someone for big £££ or free up wages with loans out, it’s loans and free’s for this seasons incomings.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:34 - Jul 11 with 3343 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:27 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

A Ayew - £80,000
J Ayew - £50,000
B Baston - £50,000
J Montero - £27,000

Nearly £11m this year in 4 players wages that we aren’t intending to play for us.

I know some may have relegation clauses etc as well, but unless 3 out of these 4 go we are not going to pay more than a token transfer fees for anyone. Obviously the yanks are not going to use their own money to help with cashflow in the near future (if ever), so unless we sell someone for big £££ or free up wages with loans out, it’s loans and free’s for this seasons incomings.

11 million isn't that high considering we've just sold a player for over 15million and aren't going to spend any money replacing him, plus we haven't been paying the whole amount of wages for these players and Jordan Ayew is likely to be leaving for a transfer fee. So all this we can't afford to keep them but can't afford to sign anyone else too is absolute rubbish. They are taking us for mugs.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:41 - Jul 11 with 3325 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:27 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

A Ayew - £80,000
J Ayew - £50,000
B Baston - £50,000
J Montero - £27,000

Plus on costs, including National Insurance and potentially pension contributions. If rumours are right that Jordan Ayew is going to Palace for £2.5m by the time the savings for his wages are factored in that will cover his brothers wages for a year. Andre Ayew might take some shifting and I can’t see Baston or Montero being easy to move on either.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 3303 viewsJonathans_coat

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:34 - Jul 11 by Chief

11 million isn't that high considering we've just sold a player for over 15million and aren't going to spend any money replacing him, plus we haven't been paying the whole amount of wages for these players and Jordan Ayew is likely to be leaving for a transfer fee. So all this we can't afford to keep them but can't afford to sign anyone else too is absolute rubbish. They are taking us for mugs.

Possibly, I haven’t seen the accounts.

All I’m saying is if we DO shift all or most of them, and still sign no one, then that excuse is removed and questions need to be asked (not that they shouldn’t be already).
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:59 - Jul 11 with 3280 viewsmagicdaps10

Even if we were to sell the Ayews and Baston..... There will be no transfer fees paid for new signings.

We have also missed out on signing 2 players in the last couple of weeks because the yanks want to get rid of one of the 3 players mentioned, the yanks won't sanction this until they get some money in first.......i know there has been a few issues already with the yanks/Birch because of this.

It seems the Potter transfer assurances went right out the window, that is if they were ever really a reality.... 20% of any transfer fees given for new players I heard!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 with 3205 viewsBadlands

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:59 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Even if we were to sell the Ayews and Baston..... There will be no transfer fees paid for new signings.

We have also missed out on signing 2 players in the last couple of weeks because the yanks want to get rid of one of the 3 players mentioned, the yanks won't sanction this until they get some money in first.......i know there has been a few issues already with the yanks/Birch because of this.

It seems the Potter transfer assurances went right out the window, that is if they were ever really a reality.... 20% of any transfer fees given for new players I heard!

Who have we missed out on? And what are the 'reported' reasons?

Birch has been clear - there is no need for a 'fire sale'
But getting Ayews and Borja of the payroll is an absolute necessity and any fee would be a bonus.
As players leave others will be brought in if, the costings are right and within out limits and they ar the players the manager wants.
Where have you heard there is conflict between Birch and the American consortium or nah Potter was let down?
Potter had no assurances over transfers other than replacements would be available either from within the club or bought in under financial limits. I know for a fact (Pearlman at an open meeting) that Potter was offered players in January but preferred to work with who he already had rather than have to introduce imports.
also know from the words of several managers, Pearlman and Birch tae some players will not come to Swansea because of our location.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 23:02 - Jul 11 with 3192 viewsIAN05

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 by Badlands

But getting Ayews and Borja of the payroll is an absolute necessity and any fee would be a bonus.
As players leave others will be brought in if, the costings are right and within out limits and they ar the players the manager wants.
Where have you heard there is conflict between Birch and the American consortium or nah Potter was let down?
Potter had no assurances over transfers other than replacements would be available either from within the club or bought in under financial limits. I know for a fact (Pearlman at an open meeting) that Potter was offered players in January but preferred to work with who he already had rather than have to introduce imports.
also know from the words of several managers, Pearlman and Birch tae some players will not come to Swansea because of our location.

Potter shared his true views on Owners in Noel Gallagher concert in Cardiff. Whilst I’m no huge Potter fan as he let us down, his opinion speaks volumes
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 23:24 - Jul 11 with 3158 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:34 - Jul 11 by Chief

£11m is a lot of money to any club not in the PL. That's almost twice what the standard annual TV income is down here. Brentford's annual turnover is £15m before player sales.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 08:05 - Jul 12 with 2981 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 by Badlands

Our location has always been an issue for some players (and perhaps their families as well). No big city lights (e.g. London, Birmingham, Manchester, even Newcastle) close by with the associated shops and entertainment. That is a reason why we paid over the odds in wages to attract some players here to make up for our location.

However I would argue that If players had to be paid that much more to come here because the area didn’t have what they wanted then they really weren’t the right players for us. They were unlikely to settle and get involved in the local community and likely to feck off at the first opportunity. Also we were likely to pay more than they were worth in both fees and wages which means losses in transfer fees and difficulties in shifting them.

Our recruitment became lazy. Instead of looking for hungry players we got mercenaries with little bottle for a fight.

The noises for the type of players we are looking for/more realistically will be looking for sound right. Hopefully we can appoint a good head of recruitment who will do more than look at football manager and highlight reels sent by agents.

A mixture of good coaching at first team level (and below) and smart recruitment and dare I say sales (when necessary) is what we need going forward.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 14 with 2555 views34dfgdf54

Nathan Oduwa and Kasey Palmer latest two linked.

Oduwa played for England age grades sides but is now playing club football in Israel.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 14:18]
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 14 with 2458 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:16 - Jul 14 by 34dfgdf54

Nathan Oduwa and Kasey Palmer latest two linked.

Oduwa played for England age grades sides but is now playing club football in Israel.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 14:18]

Wasn't that Oduwa the one who got loads of stick for his fancy flicks whilst at Rangers?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:01 - Jul 14 with 2443 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

Wasn't that Oduwa the one who got loads of stick for his fancy flicks whilst at Rangers?

He played for them so probably.

Never seen him play but Luton fans on social media reckon he’s awful.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:31 - Jul 14 with 2342 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:01 - Jul 14 by 34dfgdf54

So will be cheap if we sign him following a trial.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:35 - Jul 14 with 2336 viewsGaz_M

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

Yeah I just googled his name and that came up top for me too.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:24 - Jul 14 with 2232 viewsSwansea93

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:01 - Jul 14 by 34dfgdf54

4 years ago he played for Luton he was 19 years old can we really go on what they say?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:30 - Jul 14 with 2214 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:24 - Jul 14 by Swansea93

4 years ago he played for Luton he was 19 years old can we really go on what they say?

I have no idea, just commenting on what’s being said on social media. I have no opinion on the potential signing, never heard of him/seen him play.

On that basis though we shouldn’t be writing off the likes of Asoro either.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 16:31]
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:32 - Jul 14 with 2207 viewsSwanseaman

Interesting that Nathan Oduwa keeps getting his loan spells cut short. He's said to have good skills, scored a few goals at youth level, but he gets lazy in games and doesn't seem to keep getting good performances:

2 February 2015, joined League Two club Luton Town on loan. completed the loan spell with 11 appearances for Luton, eight of which came as a substitute.

13 August 2015, signed for Rangers on season-long loan. his loan spell was cut short, and he returned to Tottenham Hotspur on 17 January 2016.

26 February 2016, signed for League One club Colchester United on one-month loan. made only two appearances, both as substitute.

31 August 2016, joined League One club Peterborough United on loan until 2 January 2017. returned to Tottenham early on 1 January, having made nine substitute appearances.

14 February 2017, signed for Slovenian PrvaLiga club Olimpija Ljubljana on a three-year contract. left the club on 22 July 2018, after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

On 28 September 2018, Vejle Boldklub announced the signing of Oduwa on a three-year contract. On 17 December 2018, Vejle and Oduwa agreed to terminate the players contract before time.

On 30 January 2019, Oduwa signed for the Israeli Premier League club Hapoel Hadera.

July 2019 he's being looked at by us.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/nathan-oduwa-on-ovie.58597/

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2016/01/where-did-it-go-wrong-for-nathan-oduwa.html

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/04/11/rangers-fans-send-messages-to-nathan-oduwa

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:36 - Jul 14 with 2187 viewsjacabertawe

Nathan Oduwa

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:49 - Jul 14 with 2151 viewsBadlands

I find WhoScored? to be a decent indicator -
Oduwa has nothing listed.
Palmer is listed as dribbing strongly, good through balls, good defensively but passing, crossing and holding on to the ball are listed as weak. He was also in the under 17 team Cooper managed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:10 - Jul 14 with 2095 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:49 - Jul 14 by Badlands

I find WhoScored? to be a decent indicator -
Oduwa has nothing listed.
Palmer is listed as dribbing strongly, good through balls, good defensively but passing, crossing and holding on to the ball are listed as weak. He was also in the under 17 team Cooper managed.

Palmer seems the better of them, he looks quick and skillful too - probably the more consistent.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:10 - Jul 14 with 2093 viewsSwanseaman

;

Some Nathan Oduwa clips here:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024