Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Statement 17:41 - May 21 with 10625 viewsstevethejack

Leon & Curt involved with recruitment.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/update-chairman
Chairman Statement on 21:32 - May 21 with 1878 viewslonglostjack

Chairman Statement on 21:14 - May 21 by QJumpingJack

A very strong statement.

However, there is no mention of some of the highly paid executives who remain at the club. This needs to be addressed.

Indeed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Chairman Statement on 21:33 - May 21 with 1876 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman Statement on 21:26 - May 21 by monmouth

“I have already had a significant number of applications from around the world; but that’s not surprising as it is an attractive job and the amount of interest at this early stage is testament to the club’s pulling power. It’s a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.”

If that leads us to Cameron Toshack, then it will say all we need to know won’t it?

How on earth did it lead you there?

It just cries out to me, probably wrong but that is the hunch I get after reading it.

Maybe Toshack is an ambitious coach, we wouldnt know but if he is then he also knows the young lads and will certainly be happy working with them as will they with him.

Look at the history of both Roberto and Rodgers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman Statement on 21:35 - May 21 with 1865 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman Statement on 21:31 - May 21 by splJack

Because he's a drama queen and a bit twp.

States the guy who came on here crying about his virgin broadband.

Will file you under "acting hard on the internet"
Maybe mumsnet is a better site for you to post.

Chairman Statement on 21:37 - May 21 with 1857 viewsvetchonian

Chairman Statement on 21:26 - May 21 by monmouth

“I have already had a significant number of applications from around the world; but that’s not surprising as it is an attractive job and the amount of interest at this early stage is testament to the club’s pulling power. It’s a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.”

If that leads us to Cameron Toshack, then it will say all we need to know won’t it?

How on earth did it lead you there?

Agree with you there Monnie, cant see between what lines anyone reads that it implies young Tosh wil be appointed.

what I see is "level headed " business brain who also knows a bit aout football reocgnising the importance of Curt and Leon as "legends and good football people who know the DNA of our club and what we need to take us forwards.

Birch knew Leon at sheffield United so I dont think thhis is just PR...but time will tell ..
Lets eee what the process brings,but how anyone can see fronm that satement that Tosh JNR is the manager in waiting Im perplexed

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman Statement on 21:46 - May 21 with 1800 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman Statement on 21:37 - May 21 by vetchonian

Agree with you there Monnie, cant see between what lines anyone reads that it implies young Tosh wil be appointed.

what I see is "level headed " business brain who also knows a bit aout football reocgnising the importance of Curt and Leon as "legends and good football people who know the DNA of our club and what we need to take us forwards.

Birch knew Leon at sheffield United so I dont think thhis is just PR...but time will tell ..
Lets eee what the process brings,but how anyone can see fronm that satement that Tosh JNR is the manager in waiting Im perplexed

Rangel is my tip.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman Statement on 21:49 - May 21 with 1780 viewsvetchonian

Chairman Statement on 21:46 - May 21 by thornabyswan

Rangel is my tip.

has he done his coaching badges?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman Statement on 21:49 - May 21 with 1778 viewsjasper_T

Rangel is my tip.

Has he done any of his badges?

Has he even retired from playing? Weren't QPR offering him a new deal?
Chairman Statement on 21:50 - May 21 with 1770 viewspencoedjack

Rangel is my tip.

Ricketts is mine
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Statement on 21:52 - May 21 with 1762 viewsjack2jack

Chairman Statement on 21:33 - May 21 by magicdaps10

It just cries out to me, probably wrong but that is the hunch I get after reading it.

Maybe Toshack is an ambitious coach, we wouldnt know but if he is then he also knows the young lads and will certainly be happy working with them as will they with him.

Look at the history of both Roberto and Rodgers.

Can I just throw this, surely it is the job of an experienced manager to take the youngsters to the next level, I'm not saying CT isn't up to the job, but we need someone with a bit more experience in higher level football. Its a bit of a risk Just saying.
Chairman Statement on 21:55 - May 21 with 1745 viewsDarran

I can’t believe how many people are being taken in by this statement.
We really do deserve all we get don’t we?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chairman Statement on 21:57 - May 21 with 1733 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman Statement on 21:49 - May 21 by jasper_T

Has he done any of his badges?

Has he even retired from playing? Weren't QPR offering him a new deal?

Yes QPR offered him a deal 1 year I think.
Had Martinez done his coaching badges prior to joining us.
Not sure on either to be honest.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman Statement on 21:59 - May 21 with 1725 viewsDippy

Chairman Statement on 21:55 - May 21 by Darran

We're all looking for positivity after Potters departure, clutching at straws.

I'm not convinced by this Birch, it sounds all too good

Poll: Cooper Out

Chairman Statement on 21:59 - May 21 with 1725 viewsjasper_T

Chairman Statement on 21:52 - May 21 by jack2jack

Can I just throw this, surely it is the job of an experienced manager to take the youngsters to the next level, I'm not saying CT isn't up to the job, but we need someone with a bit more experience in higher level football. Its a bit of a risk Just saying.

For a lot of managers bringing youngsters through isn't and has never been their job. They're there to win football matches and recruit what they need, not develop players. Clubs tend to be happy with this, only some will moan after the fact that their academy hasn't produced any world beaters, how come?
Chairman Statement on 22:04 - May 21 with 1689 viewsjack2jack

Chairman Statement on 21:59 - May 21 by jasper_T

For a lot of managers bringing youngsters through isn't and has never been their job. They're there to win football matches and recruit what they need, not develop players. Clubs tend to be happy with this, only some will moan after the fact that their academy hasn't produced any world beaters, how come?

Sorry Jasper what I was trying to say in my own crack handed way,was I don't think CT has the experience to be our new manager, under 23 to EFL different ball game.
I think we need to be looking elsewhere tbh, whether we can afford that is another matter.
Chairman Statement on 22:04 - May 21 with 1689 viewslifelong

Talk is cheap...actions speak louder than words, we’ll soon find out where we are come the start of the new season.
Chairman Statement on 22:13 - May 21 with 1643 viewsdickythorpe

Like an episode of the Simpsons eh Dar....all "Trev" needs is a song and dance routine.......

Chairman Statement on 22:13 - May 21 with 1639 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman Statement on 21:52 - May 21 by jack2jack

I agree, I think we need someone who has been there and done it a bit and has experience in this league...I dont think the time to roll the dice is now although I am open minded that it could still work.

A lot of people putting their choice in this thread, for me after some thought, I would go with Oscar Garcia.

Chairman Statement on 22:22 - May 21 with 1577 viewsDarran

Chairman Statement on 22:04 - May 21 by lifelong

Talk is cheap...actions speak louder than words, we’ll soon find out where we are come the start of the new season.

Indeed Rog.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chairman Statement on 22:38 - May 21 with 1498 viewsTom1912

Birch is a pro. He's very comfortable in this type of role and he knows what he's doing-with both the business side and the football side.

The issue is, what his underlying objectives are and what he's actually trying to deliver.
Chairman Statement on 22:45 - May 21 with 1467 viewsBanosswan

Chairman Statement on 22:13 - May 21 by dickythorpe

Like an episode of the Simpsons eh Dar....all "Trev" needs is a song and dance routine.......

Lyle lanley sounds a bit like Landon donovan.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Chairman Statement on 22:56 - May 21 with 1406 viewsbuilthjack

I don't trust any of them. Let's see what happens between now and the end of the first transfer window.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chairman Statement on 23:26 - May 21 with 1306 viewsBluebird

I know you lot are desperate for good news but don’t be so easily pleased. He could be just saying what you all want to hear. Time will tell
Chairman Statement on 23:27 - May 21 with 1301 viewsPentyrchJack

Fair play for the open and honest style. Appointing Curt and Leon is a smart move because they aren't going anywhere and are JB through and through, so the club gets continuity and certainty.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Chairman Statement on 23:34 - May 21 with 1276 viewsTailGunner

Chairman Statement on 23:26 - May 21 by Bluebird

I know you lot are desperate for good news but don’t be so easily pleased. He could be just saying what you all want to hear. Time will tell

He's promised nothing. Have you read it?
A bit of honesty is refreshing though, as is any direct communication.

Don't worry about us sonny Jim
Chairman Statement on 23:41 - May 21 with 1257 viewsSwansea93

Rangel is my tip.

They wouldn't take Rangel on after all the criticism he's given to the Yanks.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024