Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Voting forms have arrived then 10:24 - Jul 12 with 17035 viewsDarran

👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:01 - Jul 13 with 2205 viewsNeath_Jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 17:27 - Jul 13 by Garyjack

I didn't expect it to have the effect it has, but seeing as it has, i don't do facebook twitter etc, so if anyone wants to re-post it on there i'd be very grateful.

F*ck me Gar, I can see you applying for Love Island next

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:06 - Jul 13 with 2186 viewsGaryjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:01 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

F*ck me Gar, I can see you applying for Love Island next

Seriously though, anything that get's the message out to as many people as possible how important this vote is the better.
Voting forms have arrived then on 18:13 - Jul 13 with 2159 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gary’s going viral. And not the kind that needs ointment.

Poll: Tory leader

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:28 - Jul 13 with 2053 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

I've voted the same way as I did last time.
Voting forms have arrived then on 19:49 - Jul 13 with 2020 viewswaynekerr55

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:30 - Jul 13 by Banosswan

Loft? LOFT?????

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Voting forms have arrived then on 22:24 - Jul 13 with 1907 viewsGwyn737

I can only echo the thanks for such a comprehensive and well written document.

Although litigation always feels like a risk, reading through the information makes me feel it’s the more pragmatic approach, even taking into account the emotive nature of such a choice.

It’s option 1 in the post for me.
Voting forms have arrived then on 10:39 - Jul 14 with 1750 viewsWingstandwood

Voting forms have arrived then on 22:50 - Jul 12 by Garyjack

It's a very brave move at last, but ALL Trust members have to understand the implications if they vote option 2. The Trust essentially becomes a non entity. Be brave, be a fan of your club, and don't take what the Yanks and sell outs have done to you as a fan and Trust member. There is no going back from this. Remember, the sell outs do not recognise the monies that trust members put in to help save the club back in 2002 with no intention of any return. They've stomped all over every single one of us without a second thought, and sold out for personal gain without a care in the world for the club who they claimed to be life long fans of. But this is not about revenge, it's about justice, justice for us fans and the club we love.

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump*

Today is likely to be rather a busy day for people returning their votes... What sunshine and what a beautiful Sunday to do just that!

Argus!

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:26 - Jul 14 with 1710 viewsAngelRangelQS

Is the general feeling that it’ll be option 1?

I hope so
Login to get fewer ads

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 1703 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:26 - Jul 14 by AngelRangelQS

Is the general feeling that it’ll be option 1?

I hope so

Certainly seems to be the general feeling on here and other social media. Whether that applies to the wider membership is anyone’s guess.

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:44 - Jul 14 with 1677 viewsUxbridge

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:28 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Certainly seems to be the general feeling on here and other social media. Whether that applies to the wider membership is anyone’s guess.

It didn't last time. Must admit I'm not entirely sure either how the silent, generally older, masses will vote. Will be very interesting. If it's a large majority in favour then that will definitely send a message.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:27 - Jul 14 with 1641 viewsunion_jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:28 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

This is the problem isn’t it. Is this board representative of wider membership? We’ll soon see but I hope so.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:28 - Jul 14 with 1640 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:27 - Jul 14 by union_jack

This is the problem isn’t it. Is this board representative of wider membership? We’ll soon see but I hope so.

Tomorrow’s forum may give an indication of where the membership is.

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:33 - Jul 14 with 1602 viewsthornabyswan

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:28 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Tomorrow’s forum may give an indication of where the membership is.

Hopefully the masses will take the Trusts advice.
That's what happened in the first vote.

Not having a pop by the way but that's how it went wasn't it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 1599 viewsswancity

Should you need someone indrpendent and sensible to count the votes I’m availzble for a small fee

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:51 - Jul 14 with 1581 viewsHighjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:35 - Jul 14 by swancity

Should you need someone indrpendent and sensible to count the votes I’m availzble for a small fee

If your numeracy skills are anything like your spelling I think we’ll pass.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 1556 viewslonglostjack

Just submitted Option 1. Apart from wanting to see justice done, I've no doubt that it's only a matter of time before the owners issue new share capital. This would effectively dilute the Trust's shareholding anyway.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:20 - Jul 14 with 1546 viewsBillyChong

Voting forms have arrived then on 11:44 - Jul 14 by Uxbridge

It didn't last time. Must admit I'm not entirely sure either how the silent, generally older, masses will vote. Will be very interesting. If it's a large majority in favour then that will definitely send a message.

It didn’t, but the vote did go with the Trust recommendation last time round.
Voting forms have arrived then on 14:27 - Jul 14 with 1528 viewsUxbridge

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:20 - Jul 14 by BillyChong

It didn’t, but the vote did go with the Trust recommendation last time round.

Very true and I suspect that'll be a factor again.

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:36 - Jul 14 with 1515 viewsDJack

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:20 - Jul 13 by Uxbridge

You may not have been around last time when some people were saying the Trust shouldn't ever make a recommendation, and that it had absolutely nothing to do with the recommendation being to accept the offer.

It'll be interesting to see if the same people make the same comments now...

Forgive me if I've misunderstood but... I mentioned that I lapsed my membership AFTER the last vote. Whether or not the Trust should have made a recommendation is neither here nor there as they did and (to my mind) they went against the legal advice and the very nature of the Trust.

Even worse, in my eyes, were all those members who did not vote - absolutely staggering.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:49 - Jul 14 with 1503 viewsDrGonzo

Voted for legal action.
Voting forms have arrived then on 15:31 - Jul 14 with 1471 viewsUxbridge

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:36 - Jul 14 by DJack

Forgive me if I've misunderstood but... I mentioned that I lapsed my membership AFTER the last vote. Whether or not the Trust should have made a recommendation is neither here nor there as they did and (to my mind) they went against the legal advice and the very nature of the Trust.

Even worse, in my eyes, were all those members who did not vote - absolutely staggering.

I don't understand the argument about going against legal advice last time. The legal advice is just about your chances if it goes to court. There are lots of other factors to consider, particularly last time with regards to whether the offer on the table was enough to outweigh taking our chances in court and the other impacts of doing that. Legal advice doesn't look at any of that.

This time of course, it's far simpler, with no offer on the table. Legal action is still as unpredictable as it was two years ago although obviously more work has been done on that over the period. Like last time it's still a judgement call, but a far easier one thankfully.

Voting forms have arrived then on 16:29 - Jul 14 with 1433 viewsDJack

Voting forms have arrived then on 15:31 - Jul 14 by Uxbridge

I don't understand the argument about going against legal advice last time. The legal advice is just about your chances if it goes to court. There are lots of other factors to consider, particularly last time with regards to whether the offer on the table was enough to outweigh taking our chances in court and the other impacts of doing that. Legal advice doesn't look at any of that.

This time of course, it's far simpler, with no offer on the table. Legal action is still as unpredictable as it was two years ago although obviously more work has been done on that over the period. Like last time it's still a judgement call, but a far easier one thankfully.

Thanks or your reply.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Voting forms have arrived then on 21:47 - Jul 14 with 1343 viewsAlgorfajack

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:14 - Jul 14 by longlostjack

Just submitted Option 1. Apart from wanting to see justice done, I've no doubt that it's only a matter of time before the owners issue new share capital. This would effectively dilute the Trust's shareholding anyway.

This, in absolute spades

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:34 - Jul 15 with 1210 viewsNookiejack

I have voted for legal action as my understanding of the Trust’s analysis is:-

1. Given the articles have been changed - the Yanks as majority owner can ignore the Trust in a future sale. That also means that the next owner who buys the shares from the Yanks - can ignore the Trust and so on........

Therefore there would be no point in anyone in the future ever buying the Trust’s shares - Trust’s shares are effectively worthless.

2. If Yanks conducted a rights issue if they put in circa £4m of equity the Trust has to invest its total bank balance circa £800k to maintain its 21% stake. If Yanks invest more than £4m (Remembering that Supporters have continually criticised the Yanks for not making any investment into the club) then the Trust’s stake will be diluted away. ( Noting Trust would have a smaller stake of a larger pot - providing the Yanks then managed the club well - which they haven’t done too date in my view in respect of our relegation under their management).

Status Quo is therefore not an option for me. Hence why I have voted for legal action.
Voting forms have arrived then on 09:48 - Jul 15 with 1916 viewsDarran

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:34 - Jul 15 by Nookiejack

I have voted for legal action as my understanding of the Trust’s analysis is:-

1. Given the articles have been changed - the Yanks as majority owner can ignore the Trust in a future sale. That also means that the next owner who buys the shares from the Yanks - can ignore the Trust and so on........

Therefore there would be no point in anyone in the future ever buying the Trust’s shares - Trust’s shares are effectively worthless.

2. If Yanks conducted a rights issue if they put in circa £4m of equity the Trust has to invest its total bank balance circa £800k to maintain its 21% stake. If Yanks invest more than £4m (Remembering that Supporters have continually criticised the Yanks for not making any investment into the club) then the Trust’s stake will be diluted away. ( Noting Trust would have a smaller stake of a larger pot - providing the Yanks then managed the club well - which they haven’t done too date in my view in respect of our relegation under their management).

Status Quo is therefore not an option for me. Hence why I have voted for legal action.

Well, everybody has to sometimes break the rules.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024