Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread 12:09 - Jul 31 with 32764 viewsjackharris

Plenty of tickets still available. The crowd should be around the
15,000 mark on Saturday. Hull are expected to bring
between an estimated 400 to 800.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 3 with 1962 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:55 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

Thought Bidwell was very poor, and with the exception of a few players, in fact both teams were poor.

Lower to mid table finishes for both teams IMO.

Much too pessimistic. Much.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 3 with 1861 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:55 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

Thought Bidwell was very poor, and with the exception of a few players, in fact both teams were poor.

Lower to mid table finishes for both teams IMO.

Saw nothing of today’s game, but I think Bidwell looked good in the pre season. Much better than I was expecting to be honest given some QPR people I know weren’t that enamoured of him.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 1853 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:18 - Aug 3 by monmouth

Much too pessimistic. Much.

Spoke to some Hull fans after the game, they thought the same as myself.

Two very poor teams, with a result could have either way.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 1838 viewsDippy

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Saw nothing of today’s game, but I think Bidwell looked good in the pre season. Much better than I was expecting to be honest given some QPR people I know weren’t that enamoured of him.

He was pretty solid Lisa... Don't listen to the boo boys on here

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:41 - Aug 3 with 1828 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 by Dippy

No he wasn't....but anyway we'll see as the season progresses.

Hello

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:42 - Aug 3 with 1827 viewsBobblehat

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

As someone who watched the game at the stadium rather than on a stream I can honestly say I disagree with some of what’s been posted - mainly, Bidwell did very well and Baston worked his socks off and deserved his goal. We are still very slow in possession, at least we were in the first half, but Bidwell at least offers the opportunity to get the ball in to the box, something that Dyer and Roberts can do between them. I agree that Celina is wasted out wide and he improved massively when allowed to play across the frontline, as always.

Second half we improved massively and fully deserved the win but Hull were no mugs and despite their lack of ambition they were relatively decent. A hard fought, well deserved win.

Have to agree with that summary pretty much spot on.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 3 with 1793 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

Oops sorry, didn’t mean to down arrow.

Edit. Ah you can cancel it, didn’t know that.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 20:47]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:53 - Aug 3 with 1767 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 by Dippy

You are DYSS and I claim my £5. Have you ever been seen together in the same thread?

Edit: Ooops. Meant to reply to flashberryjack. Soz.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 20:55]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:53 - Aug 3 with 1758 viewsBadlands

Woodman - fast of his line but very flappy. Slight too (a bit like Form) and could get mashed In the Championship, especially with a ref like today. Apart from a few efforts directly at him he didn't have much to do. Their goal? Could been better position but there were others more at blame.
Robert - although there were chants of 'He's one of our own' he had did little to merit the applause. Cooper's high press saw him struggle to get back into position. Could be a big problem against a better / fast attack. Another game where he started balling at others until Hoorn shut him down. Is he jealous tat no one has given him a big offer to move?
Van der Hoorn - solid at the back and good going forward. His unofficial captaining of the side when Grimes was crumbling was welcome IMO.
Rodon - some good but some sloppy play and loss of concentration. Was routinely fouled.
Bidwell - not often you hear calls for John to come on. Very reminiscent of Franck!
Fulton - average but another who lost concentration.
Grimes - anonymous for much of the first half. Improved when Hoorn took it upon himself to organise the defence and midfield.
Dyer - non-stop, at the heart of everything good.
Byers - up and down.
Celina - mixed
Borja - worked his socks off but would be far more effective with a second striker (attacking 10) alongside.

Generally crosses and Cornes were weak and passing very sloppy.
Not sure what Cooper wants - it will emerge no doubt.
But if we are going play a high press we need players who will shoot from a distance, cut though a thicket of legs and get back to defend far quicker.

I did hear he thought we were OK in the first half - there quite a few booing in the East who didn't agree.
Overall I thought we got away with 3 points today which is very pleasing but not a game to watch again from start to finish.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 21:01]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 1708 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:53 - Aug 3 by ploppy

You are DYSS and I claim my £5. Have you ever been seen together in the same thread?

Edit: Ooops. Meant to reply to flashberryjack. Soz.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 20:55]

So you thought Bidwell played well ?

Hello

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:06 - Aug 3 with 1695 viewsProfessor

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:41 - Aug 3 by monmouth

Pretty much how I saw it too. We will get better and sharper imo. Too many touches first half and ignoring players in space. Everything got crisper and faster second half, until we went into keep what we have mode.

Me too. Thought Bidwell was decent. Too many lapses in concentration. Rodon, Fulton and Byers all have the ball away to frequently. Borja worked hard and Nathan was excellent. Ref was poor. Hull looked solid enough- classic mid-table championship team for me.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:19 - Aug 3 with 1640 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

First half I thought he was poor, and if you check the thread I was hoping Naughton would replace him at half time. He was much better second half, but then everyone was. I still think he's a bit limited though. His passing forward is poor and he has no pace.

My comment was more towards your general pessimism. As for the Hull supporters opinion, they're probably bitter after losing to a team they've beaten regularly over the last few years.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:51 - Aug 3 with 1554 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:19 - Aug 3 by ploppy

First half I thought he was poor, and if you check the thread I was hoping Naughton would replace him at half time. He was much better second half, but then everyone was. I still think he's a bit limited though. His passing forward is poor and he has no pace.

My comment was more towards your general pessimism. As for the Hull supporters opinion, they're probably bitter after losing to a team they've beaten regularly over the last few years.

They think we looked a poor team who will struggle but somehow made them look abysmal nailed on 24th place McCann out!

Funny how many teams say stuff like that after we beat them.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:53 - Aug 3 with 1543 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:19 - Aug 3 by ploppy

Funnily enough the Hull supporters I spoke with were anything but bitter, I thought they seemed very knowledgeable regarding most aspects of the game.

As I've already said, they thought both teams were very poor, which I agreed, although they did speak well of Nathan Dyer.

As for Bidwell, he was better second half, but after his first half performance that wasn't very difficult.

We'll have to play a hell of a lot better next week away from home to get anything from that game, that's for sure.

Hello

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 3 with 1551 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

Typical of losers though, isn’ t it? Our poor team could have been a winner if it wasn’t for the good luck the other poor team had. If it makes them feel betterthat’s okay with me even if it is patently rubbish.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 3 with 1518 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 3 by sioni

Typical of losers though, isn’ t it? Our poor team could have been a winner if it wasn’t for the good luck the other poor team had. If it makes them feel betterthat’s okay with me even if it is patently rubbish.

OK, we played brilliantly today, automatic promotion is a certainty now.

Roll on Derby next week, I'm going for a 0-3 win.

All other team supporters know b*gger all about football.

Hello

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:06 - Aug 3 with 1508 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

As someone who watched the game at the stadium rather than on a stream I can honestly say I disagree with some of what’s been posted - mainly, Bidwell did very well and Baston worked his socks off and deserved his goal. We are still very slow in possession, at least we were in the first half, but Bidwell at least offers the opportunity to get the ball in to the box, something that Dyer and Roberts can do between them. I agree that Celina is wasted out wide and he improved massively when allowed to play across the frontline, as always.

Second half we improved massively and fully deserved the win but Hull were no mugs and despite their lack of ambition they were relatively decent. A hard fought, well deserved win.

Agree with this especially re Bidwell who I thought played well defensively, was willing to contribute on the attack.and put in some good crosses but did conspicuously lose one race for the ball in open field which I believe prejudiced some of the guy’s opinion against him.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:07 - Aug 3 with 1498 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

We weren't brilliant second half but we were pretty good and could have scored more.

As for Derby, we'll just have to wait and see. They've lost their manager so there's no way to know if they'll be anywhere near as good as last year.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 3 with 1483 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

He was fooking terrible

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 3 with 1432 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 21:59 - Aug 3 by Flashberryjack

Wow. You inferred all that from what I said? Thanks a lot and well done.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:41 - Aug 3 with 1376 viewsBadlands

A word for Kingsley who, during a stoppage, engaged with and had a bit of a laugh Swans fans in the East.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 04:21 - Aug 4 with 1076 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 3 by Smellyplumz

He was fooking terrible

He can certainly cross a ball. And his foul near the end was Tommy Smith - esque. Could become a cult hero !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 06:20 - Aug 4 with 1006 viewsCaptain_Sham

On reflection its way to soon to judge the keeper on one game.(Bad naughty zoot) It was a brave (or reckless ) move by Cooper. Lets hope he settles in.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 06:22 - Aug 4 with 1004 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 06:55 - Aug 4 with 980 viewsGlastonbury

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

As you'd expect in a first game of the season, lots of rough edges and bad habits still to knock off. The way we played in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half was pleasing. I remain unconvinced about Celina out wide and would prefer him in the middle ahead of Byers.

Bidwell was solid. Probably won't excite many but will probably be quite dependable. Liked the look of Woodman. Pederson it's far too early to tell, some nice touches but will need to get to grips with the physical side.

As with last season we're 2/3 players away from being a team who can really challenge, but we shouldn't have much to worry about either.

I agree mate. I don't get why some the keeper is dodgy he didnt have a shot to save and was very assured in war he did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024