Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread 12:09 - Jul 31 with 32759 viewsjackharris

Plenty of tickets still available. The crowd should be around the
15,000 mark on Saturday. Hull are expected to bring
between an estimated 400 to 800.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:41 - Aug 3 with 2332 viewsGaz_M

Get in.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 3 with 2276 viewsDr_Winston

As you'd expect in a first game of the season, lots of rough edges and bad habits still to knock off. The way we played in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half was pleasing. I remain unconvinced about Celina out wide and would prefer him in the middle ahead of Byers.

Bidwell was solid. Probably won't excite many but will probably be quite dependable. Liked the look of Woodman. Pederson it's far too early to tell, some nice touches but will need to get to grips with the physical side.

As with last season we're 2/3 players away from being a team who can really challenge, but we shouldn't have much to worry about either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:52 - Aug 3 with 2233 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

As you'd expect in a first game of the season, lots of rough edges and bad habits still to knock off. The way we played in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half was pleasing. I remain unconvinced about Celina out wide and would prefer him in the middle ahead of Byers.

Bidwell was solid. Probably won't excite many but will probably be quite dependable. Liked the look of Woodman. Pederson it's far too early to tell, some nice touches but will need to get to grips with the physical side.

As with last season we're 2/3 players away from being a team who can really challenge, but we shouldn't have much to worry about either.

Thought Byers did a better job than Celina infield.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:54 - Aug 3 with 2211 viewsNotLoyal

Very similar to last season, bit more long balls because Bidwell doesn't understand passing, Woodman looked a fücking nightmare, very weak and flappy. Apart from that a nice 2-1 win against a decent side. If Baston stays ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:04 - Aug 3 with 2113 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:52 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Unlike you to knock Celina.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 3 with 2002 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:52 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Celina needs to be involved more thought he was wasted today. Baston makes some nice runs and we will get a lot better. Why are posters on the Keepers back thought he did well came and dealt with everything looks strong.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:18 - Aug 3 with 1992 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

Agree about Celina, he’s been tried out wide before and it didn’t work then.

Enjoyed the game, bit frustrated at the way we insisted on playing the ball out from the back in the second half,got caught out a few times which could have cost us.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:26 - Aug 3 with 1940 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:18 - Aug 3 by lifelong

Enjoyed the game, bit frustrated at the way we insisted on playing the ball out from the back in the second half,got caught out a few times which could have cost us.

That's the way we are going to play though, so we'd better get used to plauying out from the back week in, week out.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:28 - Aug 3 with 1930 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:18 - Aug 3 by lifelong

Hull did their homework, shut down Grimes more often than not forcing us down the flanks. I thought Hull were set up well.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:34 - Aug 3 with 1875 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:26 - Aug 3 by jackrmee

That's the way we are going to play though, so we'd better get used to plauying out from the back week in, week out.

I agree that’s the way we play, but we were attempting to play it when our defenders were closed down and it was very risky at times.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:37 - Aug 3 with 1856 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 16:20 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

Fvcking brilliant

Football’s great at times isn’t it
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:37 - Aug 3 with 1845 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:34 - Aug 3 by lifelong

I agree that’s the way we play, but we were attempting to play it when our defenders were closed down and it was very risky at times.

Good stuff. That's how we're going to succeed
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 3 with 1807 viewsNotLoyal

Official attendance ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:57 - Aug 3 with 1728 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 17:54 - Aug 3 by NotLoyal

Very similar to last season, bit more long balls because Bidwell doesn't understand passing, Woodman looked a fücking nightmare, very weak and flappy. Apart from that a nice 2-1 win against a decent side. If Baston stays ...

You say that Hull are a decent side but they're relegation favourites and we struggled to beat them at home - how worried should we be?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 18:58]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:59 - Aug 3 with 1706 viewshobo

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:57 - Aug 3 by Glyn1

You say that Hull are a decent side but they're relegation favourites and we struggled to beat them at home - how worried should we be?

Hull will be mid table. Decent side
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:59 - Aug 3 with 1711 viewsjasper_T

In other games ex-Swan Lewis Thomas kept a clean sheet for Forest Green against Oldham. Current-Swan Gregor Zabret sat on the bench for the visitors.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 1609 viewsmonmouth

I enjoyed that. Promising start when we settled down and passed a bit quicker.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:13 - Aug 3 with 1598 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:57 - Aug 3 by Glyn1

Not worried at all. The crud’s up the road have more chance of going down than we do. Hull certainly won’t be relegated neither.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:14 - Aug 3 with 1593 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 3 by NotLoyal

Official attendance ?

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 1479 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:26 - Aug 3 by jackrmee

That's the way we played when we were in our prime and people have been clamouring for a return to that style of play. It's fine by me. We'll get caught sometimes but so be it. When you beat the press you're away.

People need to calm down - commentators keep saying it's risky, so do some dinosaur ex-players and managers, and the crowd don't half get panicky.

The players guilty of being sloppy today were Rodon, Roberts, Grimes, Dyer - at least those were the ones I remember. They'll get sharper with more games and we won't see so many mistakes.
The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 3 with 1468 viewsItchySphincter

As someone who watched the game at the stadium rather than on a stream I can honestly say I disagree with some of what’s been posted - mainly, Bidwell did very well and Baston worked his socks off and deserved his goal. We are still very slow in possession, at least we were in the first half, but Bidwell at least offers the opportunity to get the ball in to the box, something that Dyer and Roberts can do between them. I agree that Celina is wasted out wide and he improved massively when allowed to play across the frontline, as always.

Second half we improved massively and fully deserved the win but Hull were no mugs and despite their lack of ambition they were relatively decent. A hard fought, well deserved win.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:41 - Aug 3 with 1447 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 18:37 - Aug 3 by Gaz_M

Good stuff. That's how we're going to succeed

If you think that be prepared to be disappointed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:41 - Aug 3 with 1446 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

As someone who watched the game at the stadium rather than on a stream I can honestly say I disagree with some of what’s been posted - mainly, Bidwell did very well and Baston worked his socks off and deserved his goal. We are still very slow in possession, at least we were in the first half, but Bidwell at least offers the opportunity to get the ball in to the box, something that Dyer and Roberts can do between them. I agree that Celina is wasted out wide and he improved massively when allowed to play across the frontline, as always.

Second half we improved massively and fully deserved the win but Hull were no mugs and despite their lack of ambition they were relatively decent. A hard fought, well deserved win.

Pretty much how I saw it too. We will get better and sharper imo. Too many touches first half and ignoring players in space. Everything got crisper and faster second half, until we went into keep what we have mode.

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:55 - Aug 3 with 1383 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Thought Bidwell was very poor, and with the exception of a few players, in fact both teams were poor.

Lower to mid table finishes for both teams IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread on 20:02 - Aug 3 with 1341 viewsGlastonbury

Borja was crying out for thru balls or chip over top but byers couldn't provide that and Celina should have swapped with him after half hour. Excellent start and hopefully a striker can be added this week
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024