Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread 01:59 - Sep 10 with 29718 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 13:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:08 - Sep 14 with 1913 viewsperchrockjack

Nah ,it was Gizza job.
Yous had to be there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:12 - Sep 14 with 1895 viewsTimTtam

That was f*cking horrific. They had several clear cut chances to score; 0-1 is flattering in the end.

Still, we were always going to lose games. If god forbid we contend for automatic promotion, 12 losses is even acceptable. It's how we respond that counts. A surprise win @ Bristol would put things right again.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 18:12]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:12 - Sep 14 with 1881 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 14 by Swanjaxs

Throwing a paddy... haven't heard that for years 😂 Anyways, yea your probably rite in suggesting I'm strange, even my missus thinks I'm a twàt 👍
So where did Cooper go wrong today then Mr "font of all knowledge"... 🤔

I'd have Byers in for Fulton and Naughton for Bidwell, as Potter had it. We struggle to play out with Cooper's preferred lineup, and are frequently left waiting for vdH to punt a 40 yard ball to get any sort of attack started. We've become very easy to nullify.

I'd probably have Dyer over Ayew as well as he's been the only player Roberts can work out any sort of partnership with. Unlucky to get injured as he was playing well before that.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:20 - Sep 14 with 1822 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:12 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

I'd have Byers in for Fulton and Naughton for Bidwell, as Potter had it. We struggle to play out with Cooper's preferred lineup, and are frequently left waiting for vdH to punt a 40 yard ball to get any sort of attack started. We've become very easy to nullify.

I'd probably have Dyer over Ayew as well as he's been the only player Roberts can work out any sort of partnership with. Unlucky to get injured as he was playing well before that.

Dyer over Ayew... are you actually being serious?
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:20 - Sep 14 with 1826 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:12 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

I am in full agreement with your first paragraph.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:20 - Sep 14 with 1814 viewsSwanjaxs

So at this present moment you would replace Ayew for Dyer, so Roberts (who has been average all season) could work on his partnership with Nathen Dyer. Is that what your saying?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:28 - Sep 14 with 1750 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:20 - Sep 14 by Swanjaxs

So at this present moment you would replace Ayew for Dyer, so Roberts (who has been average all season) could work on his partnership with Nathen Dyer. Is that what your saying?

Not "work on", no. To actually have some sort of combination down the right, which we were badly lacking today.

Despite what has been said on here Ayew is not "the best player in the division" or anything like it. He can be a good player for us but only as part of a team that plays well together. Personally I'd play him up front of not at all as Guidolin did (and West Ham when they used him iirc), if we're to get the best out of him.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:30 - Sep 14 with 1743 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 17:11 - Sep 14 by shandyjack

Looked like grimes on my screen but fully agree, needs to be streetwise and make that foul before they get into the box

I thought it was Grimes. Agree. He had to take one for the team there, there was no other sensible option.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 14 with 1725 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:28 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

Not "work on", no. To actually have some sort of combination down the right, which we were badly lacking today.

Despite what has been said on here Ayew is not "the best player in the division" or anything like it. He can be a good player for us but only as part of a team that plays well together. Personally I'd play him up front of not at all as Guidolin did (and West Ham when they used him iirc), if we're to get the best out of him.

So that's Baston out of your preferred best eleven then?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:32 - Sep 14 with 1722 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 14 by Swanjaxs

So that's Baston out of your preferred best eleven then?

If Ayew does a better job, yes.

Ideally I'd have had Ayew out the door, but he'd make a better backup 9 than Surridge.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:34 - Sep 14 with 1705 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 17:32 - Sep 14 by Neath_Jack

He really wasn't.

I agree. I've read on this site quite a few posts regarding Jay Fulton. He was by a country mile our worse performer today. Took a few bollockings from VDH, but never went looking for space to take a pass. Not sure if he's carrying an injury or what bet never at the races today.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:34 - Sep 14 with 1711 viewsperchrockjack

Ayew is a class above .

What today was about was attitude and it was lacking.

It is how Cooper can work him that will define our season.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 1699 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:34 - Sep 14 by Luther27

I agree. I've read on this site quite a few posts regarding Jay Fulton. He was by a country mile our worse performer today. Took a few bollockings from VDH, but never went looking for space to take a pass. Not sure if he's carrying an injury or what bet never at the races today.

If it's an injury he's had it for years.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:40 - Sep 14 with 1679 viewsPrivate_Partz

The better side won for me today. They pressed harder and won more of the 50/50 balls. I think we lost it in midfield but very nearly got a point nevertheless. A mistake being our undoing in the end.
No need to panic. All good things come to an end sometime.
The test will be how Coops and the team react and if / how they bounce back.
We will have many more days like this. All teams do.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:40 - Sep 14 with 1670 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:32 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

If Ayew does a better job, yes.

Ideally I'd have had Ayew out the door, but he'd make a better backup 9 than Surridge.

Sweeping statement that fair play.

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:00 - Sep 14 with 1581 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

No I don't buy that. He's had some decent games where he's done the dirty work. Today wasn't his finest.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:02 - Sep 14 with 1577 viewsbuilthjack

Quite a few. poor oerfornces out there today. Too many.
Did we have a single shot on goal? I don't think we did.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:06 - Sep 14 with 1562 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 13:37 - Sep 14 by Glyn1

Males should stop wearing shorts at the age of 9 and never wear them ever again.

So what should all footballers over the age of 9 wear?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:55 - Sep 14 with 1394 viewsJohnw102

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 15:15 - Sep 14 by phact0rri

I will be shocked of Forest make it through this match with 11 men.

`we got 2 yellows and them 1 how did that happen?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:55 - Sep 14 with 1392 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

I must watch a different game sometimes as Fulton and himself available quite often for passes today only for players to turn and pass it back to Joe or VDH....Fulton also did a lot to break up play whilst Grimes was off the pace today and should have taken one for the team and taken Grabben out.
Fulton was the only bife we had I midfield until Byers came 9n

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:59 - Sep 14 with 1375 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:55 - Sep 14 by vetchonian

I must watch a different game sometimes as Fulton and himself available quite often for passes today only for players to turn and pass it back to Joe or VDH....Fulton also did a lot to break up play whilst Grimes was off the pace today and should have taken one for the team and taken Grabben out.

I thought Fulton was bife today too.

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:00 - Sep 14 with 1368 viewsmonmouth

Oh well, we were gash today.

Manager of the month. Tick
International Break. Tick
Strong, disciplined Bogeyish team (bar one or two obvious occasions). Tick.

Reminds me of when Bristol beat us comfortably after we'd beaten the scummers the year we went up. We did nowt to threaten. Let's see how we respond in another tough game next week. That was an awful team performance. No point in blaming individuals. Nothing functioned. But...whoever let that bearded donkey get away for the goal without bringing him down for a yellow (Biddy was it?) needs some extra homework.

They deserved it. More dangerous with the ball and contained our snail pace huff and puff easily. As soon as they realised we had no real idea what we were doing after 15 mins or so and no pace at all to trouble them, they moved ten yards up the pitch and that was that. Nil nil would have been a cracking result on that display.

Hopefully that's out of the system now.

Edit for Biddy read Grimes.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 20:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:03 - Sep 14 with 1355 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 19:55 - Sep 14 by vetchonian

Yeah you must watch a different game. Fulton spends the majority of every game hiding and/or walking about not interested. Moans and points a lot, though.

Grimes made twice as many tackles today, had twice as many touches, and even won more headers. And this was a bad day for Matt no question.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 14 with 1314 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:03 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

Yeah you must watch a different game. Fulton spends the majority of every game hiding and/or walking about not interested. Moans and points a lot, though.

Grimes made twice as many tackles today, had twice as many touches, and even won more headers. And this was a bad day for Matt no question.

We haven't had a midfield to boss games for years.

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:20 - Sep 14 with 1293 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 14 by TNT

We haven't had a midfield to boss games for years.

Depends what you mean by boss. We were keeping the ball and barely giving teams a kick in the second half of last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024