Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council 13:01 - Oct 29 with 4259 viewsJackfath

I've seen Chubby years ago at the Grand theatre. I wasn't going to go in April. However the council have made a huge statement here banning him. Censoring what the tax payer can/cant see in our City. Clearly we are no longer able to make decisions for ourselves. A very sad day for our city.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/theatre-news/roy-chubby-brown-gig-pulled-

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:46 - Oct 29 with 1360 viewsFireboy2

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:42 - Oct 29 by Sirjohnalot

Can’t stand the bloke, think he’s vile, so my choice is not to see him. Not sure why people who like him shouldn’t be allowed to see him.

Bonkers decision

Live and let live John, thats my philosophy as well matey.

Btw the fat b@stard makes me chuckle
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:56 - Oct 29 with 1341 viewstheloneranger

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:46 - Oct 29 by Fireboy2

Live and let live John, thats my philosophy as well matey.

Btw the fat b@stard makes me chuckle

I don't suppose this decision will stop him laughing all the way to the bank 😂

He was worth approx £7M in 2006. The last time I saw him was many years ago in the Brangwyn Hall, he brought the house down 😇😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 19:00 - Oct 29 with 1328 viewsSirjohnalot

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:56 - Oct 29 by theloneranger

I don't suppose this decision will stop him laughing all the way to the bank 😂

He was worth approx £7M in 2006. The last time I saw him was many years ago in the Brangwyn Hall, he brought the house down 😇😂

Trying to think from their point of view......if his act is racist or homophobic eg, and they’ve got staff that is of that ethnicity or sexual orientation, they do nothing and then that person feels they can’t come in when he’s performing and resigns they could be sued for constructive dismissal maybe ?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 20:20]
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 19:11 - Oct 29 with 1312 viewsexiledclaseboy

I went to see him live in the Grand years ago. He was funny for about 10 minutes but the heady combination of the word”c*nt” (not a word I object to in any way but it loses whatever shock value it has after about a dozen uses) and lazy casual racism and sexism for the best part of two hours was about an hour and 50 minutes too long. So he’s not for me but each to their own.

Poll: Tory leader

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 1306 viewsDarran

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 19:11 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

I went to see him live in the Grand years ago. He was funny for about 10 minutes but the heady combination of the word”c*nt” (not a word I object to in any way but it loses whatever shock value it has after about a dozen uses) and lazy casual racism and sexism for the best part of two hours was about an hour and 50 minutes too long. So he’s not for me but each to their own.

OMG you racist. 😮

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 19:53 - Oct 29 with 1263 viewsNotLoyal

Most comedians go with the premis that all topics are game.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 20:15 - Oct 29 with 1231 viewsFireboy2

Im sure most people who know royston vasey will know all about his act and therefore will either go or not depending on if they are not easily offended.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 20:46 - Oct 29 with 1198 viewsDr_Winston

He's about as funny as diptheria but certainly shouldn't be cancelled.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 20:57 - Oct 29 with 1186 viewsLohengrin

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:42 - Oct 29 by Sirjohnalot

Can’t stand the bloke, think he’s vile, so my choice is not to see him. Not sure why people who like him shouldn’t be allowed to see him.

Bonkers decision

If you were to ask a council spokesman to spell out these ‘values’ the tubby bloke imperils you’d be subjected to a memorised fifteen second recital of inane drivel that would leave you with an irresistible urge to push a custard pie in their face.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 21:01 - Oct 29 with 1171 viewsbuilthjack

He's shit

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 21:07 - Oct 29 with 1162 viewsSirjohnalot

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 20:57 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

If you were to ask a council spokesman to spell out these ‘values’ the tubby bloke imperils you’d be subjected to a memorised fifteen second recital of inane drivel that would leave you with an irresistible urge to push a custard pie in their face.

Have to be a gluten free custard pie
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 21:25 - Oct 29 with 1139 viewsLohengrin

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 21:07 - Oct 29 by Sirjohnalot

Have to be a gluten free custard pie

Shaving foam on a party plate a la Tiswas would do the trick.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 03:17 - Oct 30 with 1045 viewsItchySphincter

I’m not one for censorship but there’s something wrong with you if you find the bloke funny.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:01 - Oct 30 with 981 viewsepaul

Had the misfortune of going to see him once, started getting heckled after about 10 mins, so picked his ball up and went home, unfunny and a racist tw*t.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:43 - Oct 30 with 957 viewspikeypaul

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:48 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

The banned show is for April. The tickets sold are people who were planning ahead. He usually sells out.

He always sells out , I doubt if any other gig over 6 months away would have already sold 50 tickets.

I’ve not seen him or have a desire to but if others do that’s up to them,unless you think like the snowflakes w@nkers who seem to think they can tell everyone else what to do.

But hey let the snowflake w&nkers on this site poke fun at the millionaire,I doubt he cares two fecks it’s cancelled, there will be other venues queuing up to take its place whose councils are happy to generate money for there areas by allowing the staging of the gig.

Who knows our useless council may have by then decided to rip up the kingsway and the rest of the city centre for the 4th time so at least that will get some construction jobs into the area😂😂😂😂 maybe we will even get a bendy bus,or I forgot haven’t we had one of them?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 8:57]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:49 - Oct 30 with 951 viewsJackfath

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:43 - Oct 30 by pikeypaul

He always sells out , I doubt if any other gig over 6 months away would have already sold 50 tickets.

I’ve not seen him or have a desire to but if others do that’s up to them,unless you think like the snowflakes w@nkers who seem to think they can tell everyone else what to do.

But hey let the snowflake w&nkers on this site poke fun at the millionaire,I doubt he cares two fecks it’s cancelled, there will be other venues queuing up to take its place whose councils are happy to generate money for there areas by allowing the staging of the gig.

Who knows our useless council may have by then decided to rip up the kingsway and the rest of the city centre for the 4th time so at least that will get some construction jobs into the area😂😂😂😂 maybe we will even get a bendy bus,or I forgot haven’t we had one of them?

I don't think anyone has poked fun at Chubby Brown?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 09:33 - Oct 30 with 920 viewsEbo

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:49 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

I don't think anyone has poked fun at Chubby Brown?

I bet if you did the fat fwcking snowflake would have a tantrum.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 09:37 - Oct 30 with 916 viewsdickythorpe

I assume the council have an act to replace Chubby Brown?
If not they are missing out on bar takings and the city is missing out on people spending before and after the event.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 10:41 - Oct 30 with 893 viewsUxbridge

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 08:43 - Oct 30 by pikeypaul

A lot of the top acts usually sell out within minutes when announced, which is often 12 months in advance. To only sell 50 is a bit shit, no matter how you dress it up.

Quite enjoying the snowflakery over this.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 15:56 - Oct 30 with 805 viewsJackSomething

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 10:41 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

A lot of the top acts usually sell out within minutes when announced, which is often 12 months in advance. To only sell 50 is a bit shit, no matter how you dress it up.

Especially when not one poster has supported the decision to cancel his show.

Reading and comprehension obviously not among Pikey's strengths.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:11 - Oct 30 with 790 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 10:41 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Rhod Gilbert sold out on the day of release some 9 months before the gig.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:14 - Oct 30 with 784 viewsUxbridge

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 15:56 - Oct 30 by JackSomething

Especially when not one poster has supported the decision to cancel his show.

Reading and comprehension obviously not among Pikey's strengths.

Which, of course, isn't news

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:37 - Oct 30 with 766 viewsUxbridge

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:11 - Oct 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Rhod Gilbert sold out on the day of release some 9 months before the gig.

Brydon, Mack and Mitchell sold out in minutes, put another show on which also sold out in minutes and then put a third on.

Nice to see society moving on from the likes of Chubbs. Far better than banning them.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:47 - Oct 30 with 755 viewstheloneranger

The same Grand Theatre that put on Jim Davidson in March this year and booked him again for his Last Man Standing Tour March 2020.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:10 - Oct 30 with 701 viewsJackfath

Chubby Brown selling 50 tickets, or individual posters opinion of him, has absolutely nothing to do with this unacceptable action by our council.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024