Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pembs fans forum last night 10:13 - Nov 21 with 5563 viewspembsjack

attended a fans forum last night, Trevor, Leon and Coops came down to answer questions etc. All 3 came across really well, Trevor seems level headed and was fairly open regarding money etc.
The more I hear of Coops, the more I like him. He's very detailed in his planning and Leon compared him to Brendan several times, so he must see something he likes also.
Birch openly admitted there's no money for January signings unless we sell first.
My main worry from the night was Birch mentioned the decreasing parachute payments and went on to say all assets are under review including players, academy level and the training grounds themselves.
Pembs fans forum last night on 10:16 - Nov 21 with 4258 viewsBest_loser

Good to see the swans have so many English fans, just kidding
Pembs fans forum last night on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 4240 viewswestside

Depressing no Jan signings when we could be in such a good position to go for it
Pembs fans forum last night on 10:18 - Nov 21 with 4237 viewscontroversial_jack

Asset stripping will continue then?
Pembs fans forum last night on 10:21 - Nov 21 with 4220 viewspembsjack

Pembs fans forum last night on 10:17 - Nov 21 by westside

Depressing no Jan signings when we could be in such a good position to go for it

I think the club will do everything they can to offload Andre and Baton, their salary was mentioned on several occasions. Personally I think this season could be our best chance of promotion for a while, sounds like even more cuts and belt-tightening after this season.
They did say they expected VDH to stay and leave at the end of the season.
Pembs fans forum last night on 11:16 - Nov 21 with 4138 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pembs fans forum last night on 10:18 - Nov 21 by controversial_jack

Asset stripping will continue then?

How can assets continue to be stripped when no assets have been stripped so far?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Pembs fans forum last night on 11:55 - Nov 21 with 4070 viewsSwanjaxs

Could be we are playing our cards close to our chest and don't want to alert clubs we will have funds to strengthen in January...

Or we have no intention of making a push for promotion and the hedge fund are planning on jumping ship in the near future.

Suppose we'll find out in a couple of months either way.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:03 - Nov 21 with 3961 viewscbrace1

All three spoke superbly. Was evident that we do not need to sell in January but no incomings as such. VDH looks to be gone in the summer yet would look to sell in Jan if a club comes in which is very unlikely with his contract up soon. Safe standing was something that Birch was very interested in which was pleasing!
Pembs fans forum last night on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 3945 viewsNeath_Jack

Nothing said that wasn't already known then really.

Still, this is going to be one horrendous thread by 7pm i bet.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:13 - Nov 21 with 3933 viewsSwanjaxs

https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/sport/18051349.trevor-birch-leon-britton-stev

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:27 - Nov 21 with 3903 viewsWxmJax

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:13 - Nov 21 by Swanjaxs

https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/sport/18051349.trevor-birch-leon-britton-stev

Fentiman's D&B, Trev has expensive tastes. Ben Shaw's for me.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:33 - Nov 21 with 3881 viewsBillyChong

We won’t be spending anytime soon regardless of outgoing transfers. £30m sales in the summer, £500k spent. We won’t be receiving £30m in a single transfer window for a long time.
Pembs fans forum last night on 14:03 - Nov 21 with 3819 viewsmonmouth

Pembs fans forum last night on 13:09 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

Nothing said that wasn't already known then really.

Still, this is going to be one horrendous thread by 7pm i bet.

He's not 'splashing the cash' to 'ensure promotion' then? Some will be gutted.

That said, one or two smart midfield additions could make things much more likely and we should be looking at loans like Bren did with Borini. Might get a Priskin or a Nouble instead I suppose.

Even without, I think we are maybe 50/50 to make it. Before I saw what Brentford did to us, I might have rated the chances even better.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 16:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pembs fans forum last night on 14:49 - Nov 21 with 3742 viewsvetchonian

Again we have a Director of football who knows nothing fancy saying that a one trick pony is the best he has played with,good job T2C is no longer around

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Pembs fans forum last night on 14:54 - Nov 21 with 3723 views34dfgdf54

Confirms why VDH wasn't made captain, and rightly so. His future isn't with us.
Pembs fans forum last night on 15:00 - Nov 21 with 3714 viewsmagicdaps10

I don't think we needed a fans forum to find out about the intent in the next transfer window.
The club is up for sale and there is no intention by the yanks to put money into new signings, even if we do sell, a small percentage might be made available.
Until the club is sold, we are hanging on the edge and our faith is in people to run the playing side on a tight budget.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pembs fans forum last night on 15:31 - Nov 21 with 3658 viewsTimTtam

At least they're being honest with the situation we're in. And since everyone in and around the club is aware, we can avoid going down the basket case path that the likes of Portsmouth, Charlton, Bolton, & Wigan went on after PL relegation.

Also interesting hearing that Cullen may go on loan soon (January maybe?). We don't need millions in the bank if we can keep developing good players.

I'd be content to see us become a stable Championship club that rarely has to think about relegation. And it looks like it may be able to happen.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Pembs fans forum last night on 16:16 - Nov 21 with 3576 viewsmarchamjack

How some/anyone can still think at all that the Yanjs will/might have spent any money in January is genuinely defying all belief after all this time 🤦‍♂️

They never have and never will spend their own money. They told us so from the off. How many more times 🤷‍♂️

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Pembs fans forum last night on 16:26 - Nov 21 with 3559 viewsChief

Pembs fans forum last night on 16:16 - Nov 21 by marchamjack

How some/anyone can still think at all that the Yanjs will/might have spent any money in January is genuinely defying all belief after all this time 🤦‍♂️

They never have and never will spend their own money. They told us so from the off. How many more times 🤷‍♂️

But there should some of the club's money available following sales and wage bill reduction?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Pembs fans forum last night on 17:37 - Nov 21 with 3452 viewsbuilthjack

Pembs fans forum last night on 16:26 - Nov 21 by Chief

But there should some of the club's money available following sales and wage bill reduction?

Of course there should. I wonder where it has gone.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:14 - Nov 21 with 3380 viewsmarchamjack

Pembs fans forum last night on 16:26 - Nov 21 by Chief

Whether there is or not ( and don’t forget our outgoings are now exceeding our income) they’re under no obligation to spend any monies on the team...and all evidence has told us they will continue not to. It really is as simple as that

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:22 - Nov 21 with 3365 viewsSwanjaxs

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:14 - Nov 21 by marchamjack

Whether there is or not ( and don’t forget our outgoings are now exceeding our income) they’re under no obligation to spend any monies on the team...and all evidence has told us they will continue not to. It really is as simple as that

So why, if Kaplan and Levine plus the other hedge funders ( none of whom would probably never have heard of Swansea City FC before investing) still hanging around if they hadn't gained anything on their investment?

As you say they are under no obligation to spend any of their monies and it looks like they haven't.

So what's in it for them?

If I was part of a hedge fund I'd want a return on my monies...

And plenty of it
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 18:29]

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:23 - Nov 21 with 3364 viewsNotLoyal

Those that thought we would spend money now have their answer, and those who believed birch when he said they would review the position in January dependent on league position can now file him under...
You choose the word, I know what it is.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:38 - Nov 21 with 3318 viewsChief

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:23 - Nov 21 by NotLoyal

Those that thought we would spend money now have their answer, and those who believed birch when he said they would review the position in January dependent on league position can now file him under...
You choose the word, I know what it is.

Spot on.

Some have fallen for his spiel.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:40 - Nov 21 with 3316 viewsmarchamjack

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:22 - Nov 21 by Swanjaxs

So why, if Kaplan and Levine plus the other hedge funders ( none of whom would probably never have heard of Swansea City FC before investing) still hanging around if they hadn't gained anything on their investment?

As you say they are under no obligation to spend any of their monies and it looks like they haven't.

So what's in it for them?

If I was part of a hedge fund I'd want a return on my monies...

And plenty of it
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 18:29]

We know that Birch is trying to sell the club. That’s their basic exit strategy, certainly so if we stay in the Championship. They cannot realistically make a return out of us in the Championship.

Like all investments, some work out, some don’t. I’ve no idea whether they’ve managed to make any money out of us or not from our PL days and the player dealings, but there’s no chance they’re making a return at the moment.

I think our biggest worry is in the event Birch can’t find a buyer at an acceptable level to them, which needn’t result in a profit (although that would be their ideal) but might involve an acceptable loss. If he can’t find a buyer, then I wonder what they’ll do, certainly after next season when the parachute monies run out. They’re under no obligation to keep us going if they choose to cut their losses at some point (we’re currently a cost and a liability to the hedge fund) and then we might be the next Bury. Not saying that’ll happen, but it’s clearly a possibility to the owners who at some point will just cut their losses if they have to, literally.

Which is why too everyone should be behind the Trust action (accepting its taking far too long) to safeguard best they can against that rainy day.

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:42 - Nov 21 with 3307 viewsDarran

Well a few days ago the official site was suggesting there’d be lots of signings in January.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andy-scott-its-non-stop-i-love-it

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024