Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread 00:39 - Nov 27 with 21961 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 18:48]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Nov 28 with 2460 viewsZaxx

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:22 - Nov 28 by Fireboy2

Chicken and egg syndrome.

I have to say most of the huddersfield crowd got behind their team big style for most of the game but they did play well.

Imo firstly the crowd have a duty to get behind the team at the start of the game then the buck passes to them.

In my limited experience of watching us at home the only stand that is vocal is the east which is a joke, wherever i get tickets to watch us at home i try to get vocal but most people around me look at me as if ive sh!t in their slippers, it shouldnt take a fvcking derby for everyone to get vociferous but i guess thats what our home crowd has become which is a damn shame.

Fair comment.
The East is almost always the first to sing, the rest of the stadium follows their lead.
North bank it is not for sure!
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:36 - Nov 28 with 2398 viewsNotLoyal

Coopers injury list response is to use even more younger players, I can see us losing more in either January or end of the season.
As much as I think we can develop the Americans greedy ways could do us in the next month or two.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:20 - Nov 28 with 2277 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:22 - Nov 28 by Fireboy2

Chicken and egg syndrome.

I have to say most of the huddersfield crowd got behind their team big style for most of the game but they did play well.

Imo firstly the crowd have a duty to get behind the team at the start of the game then the buck passes to them.

In my limited experience of watching us at home the only stand that is vocal is the east which is a joke, wherever i get tickets to watch us at home i try to get vocal but most people around me look at me as if ive sh!t in their slippers, it shouldnt take a fvcking derby for everyone to get vociferous but i guess thats what our home crowd has become which is a damn shame.

TBH people rave about the Vetch but I worked down there for the last few seasons and so used to stsnd / sit all over the ground (including in the away end).
For most games all the atmosphere was generated by the North Bank. Even then it was usually a section (similar to NE corner today) . Only in the more important games did the majority of the ground join in.
Atmosphere at Huddersfield was excellent in the home stands and the small group of travelling Jacks made a good effort

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 28 with 2275 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:20 - Nov 28 by STID2017

TBH people rave about the Vetch but I worked down there for the last few seasons and so used to stsnd / sit all over the ground (including in the away end).
For most games all the atmosphere was generated by the North Bank. Even then it was usually a section (similar to NE corner today) . Only in the more important games did the majority of the ground join in.
Atmosphere at Huddersfield was excellent in the home stands and the small group of travelling Jacks made a good effort

I got hooked watching the swans from the north bank Ged.

Will never forget it.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:29 - Nov 28 with 2272 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Nov 28 by Zaxx

Fair comment.
The East is almost always the first to sing, the rest of the stadium follows their lead.
North bank it is not for sure!

Have you hear s the West sing?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:35 - Nov 28 with 2264 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 28 by Fireboy2

I got hooked watching the swans from the north bank Ged.

Will never forget it.

As did I from the very early 70's (jeez I feel old).
I remember many great matches when the whole of the Vetch was rocking as well as a fair number when it was quite flat.
Overall preferred the atmosphere even if the ground was past it's sell by date.
Wish it had been practical to rebuild a proper football ground there, but it's history now sadly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 10:49 - Nov 29 with 1963 viewsNotLoyal

Tonight's game is a watershed for me, it could define the coming month, on TV, lack of home wins, Cooper being forced to play youth with no January back up and supporters already in the depths of depression.

A win is the only answer.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 1913 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 10:49 - Nov 29 by NotLoyal

Tonight's game is a watershed for me, it could define the coming month, on TV, lack of home wins, Cooper being forced to play youth with no January back up and supporters already in the depths of depression.

I can't see it happening though.
Perhaps if I make a prediction of losing by 2 goals they will prove me wrong.
We can only hope.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 1901 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 10:49 - Nov 29 by NotLoyal

He only forced to play youth because of two injuries at CB - we have stand ins who vied for MoM in the Carboro Cup games.
If hey can keep their concentration I think quite a few fans would consider Wilmot / Cabango to be an upgrade! (Not IMO but they are not far off) Their big problem will come from players around them - he has to start with Naughton for experience and Carroll in midfield IMO.
Playing Grimes, Fulton, Byers ahead of the CBs with Roberts and Seagull as fullbacks will be a disaster.
We will bring players in in January.
Players will leave to accommodate the transfers but Cooper and Scott will have a point to prove.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 12:28 - Nov 29 with 1885 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 12:15 - Nov 29 by Badlands

He only forced to play youth because of two injuries at CB - we have stand ins who vied for MoM in the Carboro Cup games.
If hey can keep their concentration I think quite a few fans would consider Wilmot / Cabango to be an upgrade! (Not IMO but they are not far off) Their big problem will come from players around them - he has to start with Naughton for experience and Carroll in midfield IMO.
Playing Grimes, Fulton, Byers ahead of the CBs with Roberts and Seagull as fullbacks will be a disaster.
We will bring players in in January.
Players will leave to accommodate the transfers but Cooper and Scott will have a point to prove.

Big bad Tom Carroll in mid field, right.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 13:15 - Nov 29 with 1842 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 12:28 - Nov 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Big bad Tom Carroll in mid field, right.

We have no 'big bad' anyones to put in midfield (maybe Fer could be that but only rarely and no one before him since Cañas) but he has experience.
My choice would be Carroll or if not Naughton or Wilmot with the other partnering Cabango with Roberts at right back.
I also think we'll be lucky if both CBs survive Mitrovic's foul play.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 13:45 - Nov 29 with 1805 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 13:15 - Nov 29 by Badlands

We have no 'big bad' anyones to put in midfield (maybe Fer could be that but only rarely and no one before him since Cañas) but he has experience.
My choice would be Carroll or if not Naughton or Wilmot with the other partnering Cabango with Roberts at right back.
I also think we'll be lucky if both CBs survive Mitrovic's foul play.

You are right about Mitrovic, they will do well to survive and I doubt very much if they can stop him.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 29 with 1639 viewsjack247

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 16:27 - Nov 27 by cockneyswan

It’s no coincidence our away form is better than home this season, I think it’s because of the boo boys at the Liberty, youngsters find it very difficult. Get behind the team win loose or draw 👏👍

It’s because teams bring the game to us away. At home, they have a couple pressing high, trying to force mistakes, but are still fairly compact behind that and we can rarely play through opposing midfields.

I get what you are saying about a flat or negative atmosphere at home, but that’s not as intimidating as going to Elland Road.

Edit

It’s also fair to say we’ve had a bit of luck away and bad luck at home with late goals deciding tight games
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 16:59]
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 29 with 1617 viewsAl_Bundy

If Cooper only plays Ayew up top tonight he clearly is learning anything about playing at home !
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:33 - Nov 29 with 1574 viewssainthelens

Mad league.
By teatime tmrw, we could be anywhere from 3rd to 8th.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:07 - Nov 29 with 1509 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 17:33 - Nov 29 by sainthelens

Mad league.
By teatime tmrw, we could be anywhere from 3rd to 8th.

Even if we find ourselves in 8th place after tonight's matches, it emphasises just how woeful the standard in this league has become.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 29 with 1481 viewsLeonWasGod

I’ve a good feeling about tonight as we often raise our game for the better teams. 1-0 with an early goal and then a bum-clenchingly nervy second half.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 29 with 1415 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 1403 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 29 by epaul

Wouldn’t of dropped Celina even though he was poor v Hudds. Other than that it’s spot on imo.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 1324 viewskarnataka

F*ck me! F&B's, can of 'Bow was £3 Saturday, £4 tonight!
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 29 with 1304 viewsGammon

What a poor first 11. We’re a million miles away from where we were, so depressing.
The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:03 - Nov 29 with 1299 viewsmonmouth

Grimes and Byers again? WTF. Talk about a leap of faith. I hope for their sakes, and Cooper’s, they don’t play the same as last week. Fulham play a lot through the midfield from what I’ve seen. If Byers is attacking mid he’d better not shit out again and pass everything backwards and sideways.

Ok 3-1 Swans (Byers 2 and Grimes)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 1274 viewsSwansea93

John needs a go imo, at least he'll add pace in a walking pace team.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 1274 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Why is the experience of Routs and Dyer missing from the match day squad again?

Are they injured?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:09 - Nov 29 with 1255 viewsDippy

The Official Swansea City vs Fulham FC Match Thread on 19:06 - Nov 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Why is the experience of Routs and Dyer missing from the match day squad again?

Are they injured?

Cooper said in his presser they both had knocks

Poll: Cooper Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024