Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26382 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:26 - Dec 13 with 1405 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:18 - Dec 13 by Darran

Bull. Shit.
Anyone with a brain cell knew what the ćunt was from day one but people like you supported him,Tories also joined the Labour Party just to vote for him in the leadership ballots because they knew he was a disaster waiting to happen.
I’m not going to argue with you anymore John but people like you have supported the utter ćunt all the way.
Goodnight.

Fair play that’s up there with some of the most bonkers posts I’ve ever read.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 1403 viewsjackrmee

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:06 - Dec 13 by Uxbridge

4-1, we beat the scum 4-1 😉

What's it up to?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:28 - Dec 13 with 1391 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:16 - Dec 13 by Highjack

They did fight it on a remain ticket...

Well in the manifesto it does say they will get a deal then ask the public to vote on it. Swinson had the remain ticket.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:30 - Dec 13 with 1382 viewsJackSomething

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:13 - Dec 13 by Highjack

So what are the chances of Mark Drakeford being supreme leader by 11 o'clock tomorrow morning at the latest?

#PrayforMark

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:34 - Dec 13 with 1358 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:36 - Dec 13 with 1347 viewssainthelens

Allegations of voting fraud in Scotland emerging.
Platini being hauled in for questioning.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:38 - Dec 13 with 1333 viewsmajorraglan

Some good points made across a number of posts.
I believe Darren has a point when he talks about Conservatives joining the Labour Party to elect Corbyn who is extremely unpopular with lots of people, it’s a no brainer, for a couple of quid they can have a huge influence of things. We have seen how Cummings and his crowd operate, look at the lies that have been spread in the media.

I agree the media have done a job on Corbyn and it is always likely to be this way, the rich own the papers and influence, it’s propaganda. Labour have to get around it like Blair did.

Brexit was an issue on the door step, Labour needed to go one way or the other, they have fudged when they should have been positive. Corbyn moving the goal posts etc hasn’t helped.

Corbyn is an issue n the door step, he may be a champion of the underdog who stands up for the downtrodden, but he has too much baggage and his links to Sinn Fein etc have not gown down well with voters.

It’s a rank bad show from Corbyn and Labour, our public services are in crisis and he’s blown it.

Swinson, Corbyn and to a degree Sturgeon have had a mare, they gave Johnson the opportunity for the election when they could have denied him. SNP have cleaned up in Scotland, but they are in the minority in the HOC and having lots of seats in Scotland won’t cut it in Westminster.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 0:43]
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:39 - Dec 13 with 1324 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:25 - Dec 13 by Highjack

I know there's not many results yet but the swings in the results so far suggests the swing away from the Labour vote has gone almost entirely to the Brexit party. The Tories only 2% up in Blyth yet they've taken the seat because Labour have lost so many votes to Farage's lot.

To say there's no Brexit issues is probably not true considering the data in the few results we've had so far.

I know a number of remainers that voted Conservative because they were concerned that Corbyn’s effect on the economy would be even worse than brexit’s effect. I know many more (including myself) that would have voted Labour if there had been a different leader but instead voted LibDem or Green.

In Blyth, if LibDem voters had voted Labour (with a different leader) they’d have won.

I suspect we’ll see different types of results in different parts of the country. But the consistent thread will be Corbyn.
Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:40 - Dec 13 with 1317 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:38 - Dec 13 by majorraglan

Some good points made across a number of posts.
I believe Darren has a point when he talks about Conservatives joining the Labour Party to elect Corbyn who is extremely unpopular with lots of people, it’s a no brainer, for a couple of quid they can have a huge influence of things. We have seen how Cummings and his crowd operate, look at the lies that have been spread in the media.

I agree the media have done a job on Corbyn and it is always likely to be this way, the rich own the papers and influence, it’s propaganda. Labour have to get around it like Blair did.

Brexit was an issue on the door step, Labour needed to go one way or the other, they have fudged when they should have been positive. Corbyn moving the goal posts etc hasn’t helped.

Corbyn is an issue n the door step, he may be a champion of the underdog who stands up for the downtrodden, but he has too much baggage and his links to Sinn Fein etc have not gown down well with voters.

It’s a rank bad show from Corbyn and Labour, our public services are in crisis and he’s blown it.

Swinson, Corbyn and to a degree Sturgeon have had a mare, they gave Johnson the opportunity for the election when they could have denied him. SNP have cleaned up in Scotland, but they are in the minority in the HOC and having lots of seats in Scotland won’t cut it in Westminster.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 0:43]

It was all over Twitter at the time my friend Louise Mensch actually had a campaign calling for Tories to join just to vote for him. It was a pittance to join if I remember.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:42 - Dec 13 with 1314 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:43 - Dec 13 with 1310 viewsDJack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Yep - voted around noon and the busiest I've ever seen it.

Horn and Wang contesting in Hammersmith - {insert knob gag here}.

"Horn and Wang contesting in Hammersmith - {insert knob gag here}."

...You already did.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:45 - Dec 13 with 1299 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:42 - Dec 13 by Darran

That is consistent with what others are saying as well Darran.

Even many of those on here voting Labour were deeply concerned about Corbyn.

If the reaction to this is to stay where they are and appoint Long Bailey, or someone similar, they’re done.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:51 - Dec 13 with 1259 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:45 - Dec 13 by londonlisa2001

That is consistent with what others are saying as well Darran.

Even many of those on here voting Labour were deeply concerned about Corbyn.

If the reaction to this is to stay where they are and appoint Long Bailey, or someone similar, they’re done.

They might be saying that but the raw data so far suggests otherwise.

Blyth Valley labour down 15%. Brexit +13%. Tories +2%.

Similar figures in Sunderland and Newcastle despite them holding the seat.

To say it’s all down to Corbyn and not Brexit doesn’t add up with the results we’ve seen so far.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:57 - Dec 13 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:51 - Dec 13 by Highjack

They might be saying that but the raw data so far suggests otherwise.

Blyth Valley labour down 15%. Brexit +13%. Tories +2%.

Similar figures in Sunderland and Newcastle despite them holding the seat.

To say it’s all down to Corbyn and not Brexit doesn’t add up with the results we’ve seen so far.

Remain voters aren’t swinging the other way though. Which is giving the results so far.

That’s the point. If a brexit supporter swings to Tory or Brexit candidates because of Brexit (which many will) a decent leader sees remain voters swing the other way. That’s why it’s Corbyn causing the issue.

Someone else is now also saying it’s Corbyn on the Beeb. Can’t remember her name.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:59 - Dec 13 with 1230 viewsUxbridge

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:27 - Dec 13 by jackrmee

What's it up to?

8-2. Blow up ref 😉

Exit poll not quite being held up by the results so far. But it's not looking good. I think we're in for quite a few surprises. Will they be enough? Probably not.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:02 - Dec 13 with 1216 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:59 - Dec 13 by Uxbridge

8-2. Blow up ref 😉

Exit poll not quite being held up by the results so far. But it's not looking good. I think we're in for quite a few surprises. Will they be enough? Probably not.

🤣🤣🤣 Cloud cuckoo land oh how I would love to be there with you !!

Don’t stop believing though as they say !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:08 - Dec 13 with 1192 viewsBarrySwan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:59 - Dec 13 by Uxbridge

8-2. Blow up ref 😉

The early results always favour Labour as a number of their traditional seats have a long record of completing their counts in short order.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:12 - Dec 13 with 1175 viewsHighjack

Heidi Allen also looks amazing btw.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:14 - Dec 13 with 1169 viewsHighjack

Squealer speaks

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:16 - Dec 13 with 1164 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:14 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Squealer speaks

Lovely to see .....

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:30 - Dec 13 with 1134 viewstheloneranger

Workington just gone to the Tories after almost 98 years with Labour.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 1:37]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:31 - Dec 13 with 1125 viewsDippy

Darlington also gone Tory

Poll: Cooper Out

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:32 - Dec 13 with 1121 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:30 - Dec 13 by theloneranger

Workington just gone to the Tories after almost 98 years with Labour.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 1:37]

Unbelievable results so far speaks volumes for the ‘Corbyn self destruct machine’ 🤣🤣🤣

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:40 - Dec 13 with 1087 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:28 - Dec 13 by Ebo

Well in the manifesto it does say they will get a deal then ask the public to vote on it. Swinson had the remain ticket.

And in the event of a referendum they would campaign to remain.

Irrelevant now.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:43 - Dec 13 with 1081 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:14 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Squealer speaks

He’s received the ‘nothing to do with Corbyn’ memo then...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024