Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26395 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:17 - Dec 13 with 1705 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:10 - Dec 13 by sherpajacob

Indeed, nobody can predict for sure what would happen.

What we can say is , as far as I'm aware, that no country that has obtained independence from the UK has ever asked to return.

None of them are physically atached to the Uk either. Neither do any of them rely on the UK for trade as much as Scotland. The opposite in fact, weren't they? Didn't the UK/GB/English governments use the overseas territories as cash cows, raping them for their natural resources? Which I know has been true for the Scots (and Wales) but now the Scottish get a big subsidy every year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:17 - Dec 13 with 1707 viewsDarran

It’s all Warwick’s fault.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:26 - Dec 13 with 1677 viewsVincent_Vega

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:06 - Dec 13 by Catullus

Kahuna's?

Wales has never been a truly united country. we were always too busy arguing amongst ourselves.
I'd give Scotland their indyref, if they truly are a financial basket case and heavily subsidised by Westminster then the rest of us will be better off if they leave. It's another truth we can only know the accuracy of if they do leave. If they thrive it could give Welsh indy a boost, if they fail, well tough luck, it was their choice. Democracy is funny like that, you make your choices and take your chances.

Balls then if my spelling offends you, the point is still the same.

Wales will be the last occupied territory and will remain so for some time.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:32 - Dec 13 with 1668 viewsBryanSwan

Kahuna's?

Wales has never been a truly united country. we were always too busy arguing amongst ourselves.
I'd give Scotland their indyref, if they truly are a financial basket case and heavily subsidised by Westminster then the rest of us will be better off if they leave. It's another truth we can only know the accuracy of if they do leave. If they thrive it could give Welsh indy a boost, if they fail, well tough luck, it was their choice. Democracy is funny like that, you make your choices and take your chances.

Watching Scotland go Indy would give a good insight into if it would be viable for us to do so.
Uniting the North and South would be necessary if Independence was going to be successful. (I guess that is why the North & South have always been kept apart. It is ridiculous the effort it takes to travel from the North tk the South of this country.)

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:47 - Dec 13 with 1646 viewsBarrySwan

I'm hearing through the grapevine that little Miss Shouty Swinson has revoked the result of her constituency election and has indeed been returned to Westminster as a re-elected MP.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:50 - Dec 13 with 1633 viewsLeonWasGod

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:32 - Dec 13 by BryanSwan

Watching Scotland go Indy would give a good insight into if it would be viable for us to do so.
Uniting the North and South would be necessary if Independence was going to be successful. (I guess that is why the North & South have always been kept apart. It is ridiculous the effort it takes to travel from the North tk the South of this country.)

I can't see Wales going independent. It's been too anglicised, both in mindset and in terms of population demographics. There's obviously a core support, but I can't see how they'd be able to grow that out.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:54 - Dec 13 with 1624 viewsmonmouth

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:50 - Dec 13 by LeonWasGod

I can't see Wales going independent. It's been too anglicised, both in mindset and in terms of population demographics. There's obviously a core support, but I can't see how they'd be able to grow that out.

Aye, too many invaders like you. F*ck off back to where you came from.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:54 - Dec 13 with 1623 viewsBryanSwan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:50 - Dec 13 by LeonWasGod

Agreed it would be no small task to grow support.
Think the outcome of Brexit could decide either way, if Wales suffers as many predict there could be a surge for Indy. But at the moment it is all hypothetical and we will have to wait and see how Brexit goes.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:00 - Dec 13 with 1601 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ms sturgeon's party the SNP got 45% of the Scottish vote. The unionist parties, labour conservative and liberals got 55% of the vote. Clearly not a majority of Scottish voters in favour of independence.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:11 - Dec 13 with 1581 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:17 - Dec 13 by Darran

It’s all Warwick’s fault.

It’s a fair cop, guv’nor. I done it all but society’s to blame.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:15 - Dec 13 with 1574 viewsWarwickHunt

Kahuna's?

Cojones.

Kahunas is the plural of kahuna, no apostrophe.

Must try harder.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:19 - Dec 13 with 1565 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:11 - Dec 13 by WarwickHunt

It’s a fair cop, guv’nor. I done it all but society’s to blame.

Spot on. Here’s another one from Twitter for you.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:23 - Dec 13 with 1555 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:34 - Dec 13 with 1538 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:00 - Dec 13 by felixstowe_jack

Ms sturgeon's party the SNP got 45% of the Scottish vote. The unionist parties, labour conservative and liberals got 55% of the vote. Clearly not a majority of Scottish voters in favour of independence.

You are not bright are you? SNP returned more elected MP's in Scotland you fu cking arse whippet.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:37 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:19 - Dec 13 by Darran

Is that Les?
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:44 - Dec 13 with 1516 viewsLohengrin

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:23 - Dec 13 by Darran

Comical.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, working folk just shrug and get on with things wondering what have any of ‘them’ got to say to ‘us?’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:49 - Dec 13 with 1510 viewsLohengrin

Twins!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 12:27 - Dec 13 with 1457 viewsLuther27

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:23 - Dec 13 by Darran

Obviously the message never got across. Let's have another vote
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 1455 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's see if the local Tory voters are still smug when Tata gets closed down under their government. That is going to devastate the local economy, we'll be like some of those ghost towns up in the north east.

Hang your heads in shame.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:17 - Dec 13 with 1403 viewsLeonWasGod

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:19 - Dec 13 by Darran

Osborne's face on 0.36

Either deliriously happy otr been on the white powder again.

A few good points there mind.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:18 - Dec 13 with 1398 viewsLeonWasGod

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:54 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Aye, too many invaders like you. F*ck off back to where you came from.

The missus would have my nuts off if I didn't vote for Independence
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:30 - Dec 13 with 1370 viewsLohengrin

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 12:30 - Dec 13 by Neath_Jack

Let's see if the local Tory voters are still smug when Tata gets closed down under their government. That is going to devastate the local economy, we'll be like some of those ghost towns up in the north east.

Hang your heads in shame.

Not going to happen.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:32 - Dec 13 with 1366 viewsDrizzy

If this was "The Brexit Election" the onus is now on the government to deliver a Brexit that is somehow beneficial for the populace.

As of now, there's no economic forecast that suggests it will be good. There is no trade deal with the EU that provides similar benefits to the customs union. There is no indication of trade deals with other countries, talks with US pharmaceutical companies aside.

There's no indication austerity measures will end. No sudden increase in funding for the NHS, social care or education. No suggestion that the national debt will stop rising, despite the cuts.

Now there's nobody to blame for a blockade, I look forward to hearing Brexit supporters' affirmation of Brexit over the next few years. They will have to justify its effects using actual metrics, not sloganeering. That will, at the very least, be somewhat amusing.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 1336 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:32 - Dec 13 by Drizzy

If this was "The Brexit Election" the onus is now on the government to deliver a Brexit that is somehow beneficial for the populace.

As of now, there's no economic forecast that suggests it will be good. There is no trade deal with the EU that provides similar benefits to the customs union. There is no indication of trade deals with other countries, talks with US pharmaceutical companies aside.

There's no indication austerity measures will end. No sudden increase in funding for the NHS, social care or education. No suggestion that the national debt will stop rising, despite the cuts.

Now there's nobody to blame for a blockade, I look forward to hearing Brexit supporters' affirmation of Brexit over the next few years. They will have to justify its effects using actual metrics, not sloganeering. That will, at the very least, be somewhat amusing.

We are looking at a decade of haggling, which would be convenient for the govt as they can use that to take the focus away from the real issues of the country and start stripping away our rights from right under our noses.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 14:45 - Dec 13 with 1297 viewsladyjack

Nationalists have won more seats than the Loyalists in Northern Ireland, let that sink in and the SNP have dominated Scotland yet again.
The English nationalist party otherwise known as the Cons have dominated England and Wales is fractured with Labour and the Cons winning most of the seats with Plaid winning a handful of seats and the Lib-Dems yet again being wiped out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024