Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott 11:38 - Dec 12 with 6794 viewsDarran

Yeah I know I’m a racist for mentioning her.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Diane Abbott on 21:40 - Dec 12 with 676 viewsCatullus

Diane Abbott on 17:54 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

I’ll point you toward Plato. If it’s the inevitability of democratic corruption you want to understand, that’s where the answers lie.

Power corrupts so if you were already of dubious character become a politician where the reward for being an untrustworthy serial liar could see you become Prime Minister.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Diane Abbott on 21:43 - Dec 12 with 660 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott on 20:30 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

So, out of all the Planet Swans members and Diane Abbot, how many were clever enough to go to Cambridge University?

That would be Diane Abbot and who else?

So clever she got a 2.2 in history and still thinks Mao did more good than harm.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Diane Abbott on 21:48 - Dec 12 with 646 viewsepaul

Biggest mugs on here are the dickheads taking the p*ss out of a black woman because of a photoshopped picture.

Who's the idiots now

The amount of abuse this lady takes is abhorrent and a disgrace

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Diane Abbott on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 625 viewssainthelens

Diane Abbott on 21:48 - Dec 12 by epaul

Biggest mugs on here are the dickheads taking the p*ss out of a black woman because of a photoshopped picture.

Who's the idiots now

The fun police have turned up.
Diane Abbott on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 620 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott on 21:48 - Dec 12 by epaul

Who's the idiots now

It is a massive disgrace when she gets abused for her skin colour or the fact she’s a female and that sort of scum should hang their heads in shame. She is however clearly a f*cking idiot and as a high profile politician we should be able to criticise her for that. Her opinions, lack of competence and the stupid things she does are fair game.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Diane Abbott on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 619 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 21:43 - Dec 12 by Highjack

So clever she got a 2.2 in history and still thinks Mao did more good than harm.

She had a 2:2 at Cambridge. She went to a comprehensive. I guess she did well enough.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Diane Abbott on 22:10 - Dec 12 with 604 viewschad

Diane Abbott on 22:01 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

She had a 2:2 at Cambridge. She went to a comprehensive. I guess she did well enough.

Wasn’t it ...

Harrow County Grammar School for Girls?
Diane Abbott on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 588 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 22:10 - Dec 12 by chad

Wasn’t it ...

Harrow County Grammar School for Girls?

yes, she was clever enough to get in to Grammar school, the predecessor of the Comprehensive education. She had working class parents and not the advantage of so many elitist tory, privately educated, ministers.

Cambridge university.

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 575 viewsFergal

Wrong thread. My bad.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 22:24]
Diane Abbott on 22:22 - Dec 12 with 569 viewsDr_Winston

Diane Abbott on 22:18 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

yes, she was clever enough to get in to Grammar school, the predecessor of the Comprehensive education. She had working class parents and not the advantage of so many elitist tory, privately educated, ministers.

Cambridge university.

I thought Labour had a downer on Grammar Schools?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Diane Abbott on 22:24 - Dec 12 with 566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Diane Abbott on 22:22 - Dec 12 by Dr_Winston

I don’t think it matters what labour thinks anymore. Not for the next 15 years at least.

Poll: Tory leader

Diane Abbott on 22:25 - Dec 12 with 561 viewsLohengrin

Diane Abbott on 22:24 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t think it matters what labour thinks anymore. Not for the next 15 years at least.

Looks as if the Tories are taking Bridgend.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Diane Abbott on 23:00 - Dec 12 with 531 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 22:22 - Dec 12 by Dr_Winston

Diane was probably born too early for the Comprehensive option but passed her 11+ and did so well she was then educated at Cambridge university. A little better than Priti Patel who is a horrid person allegedly.

Diane Abbott on 23:01 - Dec 12 with 527 viewschad

Cambridge university.

So grammar not comprehensive as you initially said.

I think there were many working class children that went to grammar school at that time

Most did not apply to Cambridge so hard to compare, but many got better degree classifications

Perhaps you are falling into the trap of giving such weighting to an Oxbridge education, thus supporting the old upper class snobbery.

Didn’t she chose the privilege of sending her son to a fee paying school?
Diane Abbott on 23:07 - Dec 12 with 503 viewsPentyrchJack

Like Martin Olson - two left feet

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Diane Abbott on 23:08 - Dec 12 with 499 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 23:01 - Dec 12 by chad

I think there were many working class children that went to grammar school at that time

Most did not apply to Cambridge so hard to compare, but many got better degree classifications

Perhaps you are falling into the trap of giving such weighting to an Oxbridge education, thus supporting the old upper class snobbery.

Unfortunately for her, she did choose to send her offspring to a private school.

I did not go to Oxbridge but I am somewhat jealous of someone who does graduate from the most respected universities on Earth. I know that many of them are privately schooled and benefit from that education and then further benefit from graduating into the working world from these elite universities.

I said comprehensive as she did not go to a private school and back then the grammar school was what would have been the option for the "brighter kids" at the time.

Diane Abbott on 23:08 - Dec 12 with 499 viewslondonlisa2001

Diane Abbott on 23:01 - Dec 12 by chad

She was born in an immigrant family when this country was riddled with racism. Her parents were a welder and a nurse, both of whom left school at 14.

She went to grammar school and Cambridge.

Knocking that makes you look like a complete idiot.

Where did you go to school and university chad? That you can sneer?
Diane Abbott on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 477 viewsBarrySwan

Cambridge university.

And of course along with her Labour nutter mates wishes to deny others the chance of the same grammar school education that she enjoyed which propelled her to university.
Diane Abbott on 23:19 - Dec 12 with 467 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott on 23:08 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

She was born in an immigrant family when this country was riddled with racism. Her parents were a welder and a nurse, both of whom left school at 14.

She clearly must have had a bang on the head at some point.

Diane Abbott on 23:23 - Dec 12 with 457 viewsLohengrin

Diane Abbott on 23:08 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

On a more serious note for a minute do you know how much lower the bar is set to read history at Cambridge than at Oxford? I know that Jesus College had a requirement that a third of all course work be submitted in a language other than English - Latin, Greek or German.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Diane Abbott on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 457 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 23:15 - Dec 12 by BarrySwan

And of course along with her Labour nutter mates wishes to deny others the chance of the same grammar school education that she enjoyed which propelled her to university.

Can you explain why they are nutters though?

She "enjoyed" a grammar school education because that was the education that was the option at the time. I believe she worked hard to get to Cambridge.

Personally, if the grammar education option works in the areas that it still exists then I see no need to scrap it.

Diane Abbott on 23:26 - Dec 12 with 444 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott on 23:24 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

Can you explain why they are nutters though?

She "enjoyed" a grammar school education because that was the education that was the option at the time. I believe she worked hard to get to Cambridge.

Personally, if the grammar education option works in the areas that it still exists then I see no need to scrap it.

No doubt she worked hard but the facts are she had the best education available at the time. She studied history at one of the greatest and most revered educational institutions in the world yet still left with a poor degree and believed Mao was a force for good.

Diane Abbott on 23:33 - Dec 12 with 429 viewslondonlisa2001

Diane Abbott on 23:26 - Dec 12 by Highjack

No doubt she worked hard but the facts are she had the best education available at the time. She studied history at one of the greatest and most revered educational institutions in the world yet still left with a poor degree and believed Mao was a force for good.

Why on earth do you think a 2:2 from Cambridge in the mid seventies is a poor degree?

Lol.
Diane Abbott on 23:34 - Dec 12 with 422 viewsjack_lord

Diane Abbott on 23:26 - Dec 12 by Highjack

a poor degree would have been a 3rd.
The best education available at the time was a private one. She was from a poor background in a country full of racism. Are you saying that, because she studied at the most revered educational institutions she should have had a higher degree?

Diane Abbott on 23:44 - Dec 12 with 393 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott on 23:33 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Why on earth do you think a 2:2 from Cambridge in the mid seventies is a poor degree?

Lol.

It's not as good as a 2:1 or a first class obviously, and the point is how can you study history at the highest level at the top institutions and still believe Mao was a force for good?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024