Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch’s programme notes 12:09 - Dec 29 with 22481 viewsmarchamjack

Can’t do the linky thing on my phone...thanks in advance to whoever puts them up...if anyone is still in any doubt about Trev being a puppet of the Yanks, have a read 😐

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 12:16 - Dec 29 with 9180 viewsCooperman

Welcome back to the Liberty Stadium for today’s festive fixture against Barnsley. I hope you are having an enjoyable Christmas period, which I know will be made even better if we can secure another Championship victory on home soil.

It was great to record a deserved home win over Middlesbrough last time out in a game that saw us score three goals and the visitors suffer two red cards. With a point (which should have been three with two blatant penalties denied) against Blackburn in the previous game, it means we are now two games unbeaten at home — a record we must continue to build on.

And we got our away form well and truly back on track at Luton with an excellent 1-0 win. I thought we dominated most of the game on a very narrow pitch and should have come away with a bigger victory, especially as we had another perfectly good penalty on George Byers turned down.

Yet again I thought our away Jack Army support was magnificent. It makes such a difference and you could see how the players reacted to such fantastic encouragement and support. Thank you.

Writing these notes before our Boxing Day fixture at Brentford, we now have two home games in quick succession, with Charlton arriving at the Liberty on Thursday night. Hopefully we can go into the new year on a high in great shape with everything to play for.

A lot has been mentioned on forums and social media about the future direction of our Academy. As I have stated previously, we continue to keep all aspects of our operations, not just the Academy, under review as we adapt to the restrictive financial life outside the Premier League. Once we have the transfer window out of the way I will provide supporters with a further update.

My aim is to remain open, honest and regular in my communications to supporters, whether it’s good or not so good news. But we need to get through January and complete ongoing reviews first, before I can properly update you. So please bear with me a little longer.

At least season ticket holders can have a free drink on me and the club today. I felt it was important to say thank you for the support throughout the campaign so far, especially as season ticket renewal numbers have been so encouraging since the launch on December 2.

So, all season ticket holders were given a free pint or a hot or soft drink before today’s game. It’s a small gesture which just shows our appreciation for your support. So, cheers.

That support spreads far outside the city, as I discovered when I was invited to Ammanford Town AFC recently to watch their JD Cymru South (Welsh League) fixture against Briton Ferry Llansawel.

There were lots of Swans fans there also supporting their local club. Despite the atrocious weather, you could sense that there was a fantastic family feel to the club. They work closely with the Jac Lewis Foundation, a mental health charity close to the community’s heart, and who were our charity sleeve sponsors for our Carabao Cup tie at Watford earlier this season.

I was looking forward to seeing the legend that is LT10 in action, but he only managed a cameo appearance after being sent off in the first 10 minutes. Some unkind souls mentioned the atrocious weather and Christmas being round the corner having played a part, but I’m sure that wasn’t a factor! And by the time Robbo came on as a late substitute I’d exited stage left to try and thaw out.

A warm Welsh welcome to the directors, staff and supporters who have made the long trip from Barnsley today and a safe journey back.

And finally, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to everyone.

Enjoy the game.

Trevor

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Birch’s programme notes on 12:23 - Dec 29 with 9154 viewsCooperman

This is a strange comment...

“ At least season ticket holders can have a free drink on me and the club today.”

Birch’s programme notes on 12:38 - Dec 29 with 9089 viewsNotLoyal

Birch’s programme notes on 12:23 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

“ At least season ticket holders can have a free drink on me and the club today.”

He’s a nodding dog, and anyone who thinks he has the best interests of the club at heart is a fool.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birch’s programme notes on 12:42 - Dec 29 with 9080 viewsBadlands

Birch’s programme notes on 12:38 - Dec 29 by NotLoyal

He’s a nodding dog, and anyone who thinks he has the best interests of the club at heart is a fool.

Eh!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Birch’s programme notes on 12:45 - Dec 29 with 9068 viewsNotLoyal

Birch’s programme notes on 12:42 - Dec 29 by Badlands

Eh!

We’re you sleeping or singing Johnny Hollins barmy army when the fckwits last played this game ?
Don’t worry mate, you sit back and do what you do best.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birch’s programme notes on 12:46 - Dec 29 with 9063 views34dfgdf54

Birch’s programme notes on 12:45 - Dec 29 by NotLoyal

We’re you sleeping or singing Johnny Hollins barmy army when the fckwits last played this game ?
Don’t worry mate, you sit back and do what you do best.

The yanks and birchy can do no wrong with that one.
Birch’s programme notes on 13:03 - Dec 29 with 8994 viewsGowerjack

Birch’s programme notes on 12:38 - Dec 29 by NotLoyal

Yep.

Although it's also fair to say we have some astonishingly thick fûckers following us..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:06 - Dec 29 with 8977 viewslonglostjack

What ongoing reviews is he waiting for? Who are carrying out these reviews? It seems to me that the fate of the Academy has already been decided. Perhaps they’ve commissioned an external bean counting consultancy to come up with the necessary excuse.
Nice of him to spare a thought for the directors coming such a long way to watch the game. Thought for a moment he was referring to the invisible Yanks who are taking us to the next level.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Birch’s programme notes on 13:14 - Dec 29 with 8943 viewsjack247

Trev - just do the job they brought you in to do and find someone to take us over before your incompetent paymasters completely ruin us.
Birch’s programme notes on 13:18 - Dec 29 with 8917 viewswaynekerr55

Birch’s programme notes on 13:03 - Dec 29 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Although it's also fair to say we have some astonishingly thick fûckers following us..

Correct.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Birch’s programme notes on 13:20 - Dec 29 with 8909 viewsmarchamjack

Down arrowed by mart6 😀🙃

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:23 - Dec 29 with 8894 viewsSwanjaxs

I wont wait until the January transfer window ends...

The academy is being broken up 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Birch’s programme notes on 13:23 - Dec 29 with 8896 viewsthornabyswan

Birch’s programme notes on 13:20 - Dec 29 by marchamjack

Down arrowed by mart6 😀🙃

That was Trev in disguise

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Birch’s programme notes on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 8885 viewsHighjack

Down arrowed by mart6 😀🙃

I think he might be a mole secretly dispatched by the yanks to keep his perfectly mascara’d eyes on us.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Birch’s programme notes on 13:37 - Dec 29 with 8848 viewsCooperman

I think it’s quite a simple equation regarding the academy - it’s destined for mass downscaling for as long as we have Baston and Ayew wages to pay. Birch would have moved one or both of these two on in August if he could and their continued presence means that we have to consider cutbacks in areas within our control. I think Birch will be moving heaven and earth again in January in order to offload the pair of them.

Birch’s programme notes on 13:45 - Dec 29 with 8819 viewsDarran

Well said. 👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Birch’s programme notes on 13:45 - Dec 29 with 8819 viewswaynekerr55

Down arrowed by mart6 😀🙃

POTY is mart!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Birch’s programme notes on 14:02 - Dec 29 with 8755 viewsDarran

I don’t want to go too much off topic and I have no idea how true this is,I wasn’t going to post it but someone told me last week that Birchy and Stuart McDonald are quite chummy.
Like I said no idea if it’s true just something I was told though I’m sure someone on the Trust will know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Birch’s programme notes on 14:10 - Dec 29 with 8718 viewsdickythorpe

Birch’s programme notes on 12:23 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

It's a shít comment and drastically short sighted marketing ploy.......those of us who aren't t season ticket holders deserve " fúck all " then.

Cúnt of a man.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:12 - Dec 29 with 8709 viewsdickythorpe

Birch’s programme notes on 14:02 - Dec 29 by Darran

I don’t want to go too much off topic and I have no idea how true this is,I wasn’t going to post it but someone told me last week that Birchy and Stuart McDonald are quite chummy.
Like I said no idea if it’s true just something I was told though I’m sure someone on the Trust will know.

I don't want to go "off Topic" but birch isn't there to win tackles, defend corners, score goals, boss the midfield......he's a fúcking chairman of a "business" he cares not one fúck about the fans.
Birch’s programme notes on 14:23 - Dec 29 with 8665 viewsKGriz16

Birch’s programme notes on 12:46 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

The yanks and birchy can do no wrong with that one.

What has Birch done wrong?
Birch’s programme notes on 14:24 - Dec 29 with 8663 viewsLeonWasGod

Birch’s programme notes on 12:16 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

Welcome back to the Liberty Stadium for today’s festive fixture against Barnsley. I hope you are having an enjoyable Christmas period, which I know will be made even better if we can secure another Championship victory on home soil.

It was great to record a deserved home win over Middlesbrough last time out in a game that saw us score three goals and the visitors suffer two red cards. With a point (which should have been three with two blatant penalties denied) against Blackburn in the previous game, it means we are now two games unbeaten at home — a record we must continue to build on.

And we got our away form well and truly back on track at Luton with an excellent 1-0 win. I thought we dominated most of the game on a very narrow pitch and should have come away with a bigger victory, especially as we had another perfectly good penalty on George Byers turned down.

Yet again I thought our away Jack Army support was magnificent. It makes such a difference and you could see how the players reacted to such fantastic encouragement and support. Thank you.

Writing these notes before our Boxing Day fixture at Brentford, we now have two home games in quick succession, with Charlton arriving at the Liberty on Thursday night. Hopefully we can go into the new year on a high in great shape with everything to play for.

A lot has been mentioned on forums and social media about the future direction of our Academy. As I have stated previously, we continue to keep all aspects of our operations, not just the Academy, under review as we adapt to the restrictive financial life outside the Premier League. Once we have the transfer window out of the way I will provide supporters with a further update.

My aim is to remain open, honest and regular in my communications to supporters, whether it’s good or not so good news. But we need to get through January and complete ongoing reviews first, before I can properly update you. So please bear with me a little longer.

At least season ticket holders can have a free drink on me and the club today. I felt it was important to say thank you for the support throughout the campaign so far, especially as season ticket renewal numbers have been so encouraging since the launch on December 2.

So, all season ticket holders were given a free pint or a hot or soft drink before today’s game. It’s a small gesture which just shows our appreciation for your support. So, cheers.

That support spreads far outside the city, as I discovered when I was invited to Ammanford Town AFC recently to watch their JD Cymru South (Welsh League) fixture against Briton Ferry Llansawel.

There were lots of Swans fans there also supporting their local club. Despite the atrocious weather, you could sense that there was a fantastic family feel to the club. They work closely with the Jac Lewis Foundation, a mental health charity close to the community’s heart, and who were our charity sleeve sponsors for our Carabao Cup tie at Watford earlier this season.

I was looking forward to seeing the legend that is LT10 in action, but he only managed a cameo appearance after being sent off in the first 10 minutes. Some unkind souls mentioned the atrocious weather and Christmas being round the corner having played a part, but I’m sure that wasn’t a factor! And by the time Robbo came on as a late substitute I’d exited stage left to try and thaw out.

A warm Welsh welcome to the directors, staff and supporters who have made the long trip from Barnsley today and a safe journey back.

And finally, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to everyone.

Enjoy the game.

Trevor

Short version: ‘f*ck you, but have a pint’
Birch’s programme notes on 14:25 - Dec 29 with 8653 viewsQJumpingJack

It's time for a fans forum with the owners and chairman.
And the Trust need to be ready to ask some tough questions.
There seems to be a lot of grey areas which need clearing up quickly (not until end of January).
Birch’s programme notes on 14:29 - Dec 29 with 8630 viewsSwanDownUnder

Can't see anything sinister in that?
Birch’s programme notes on 14:30 - Dec 29 with 8626 viewsTimTtam

F*ck this is an awful and embarrassing statement. Not to mention the warning signs towards the academy being downgraded/facilities being sold off. When he used to do these quite often in August and September they were concise, sensible, and honest. This one is full of waffling and schmaltzy lines.

I don't think he's a bad guy, but it's clear as day now for those who were blind (myself included) that he's following strict orders from the yanks, and that he's spinning positive PR rather than being generous. He'll do what they tell him to do, no matter how hard it hurts the club.

At the moment, it seems it's either sell Ayew and/or Rodon in January, or sell the academy's Cat 1 status and its training facilities. No choice is a good one, but I hope we sell players rather than the facilities that we worked hard to create during our PL years. I hope to god that the yanks are gone before they can shut it down.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024