Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour Party 15:16 - Jan 5 with 19780 viewsPegojack

I watched the Andrew Marr Show this morning from beginning to end and, as a lifelong Labour Party voter and supporter, I have to say I was moderately encouraged.
The election defeat was about as devastating a kicking as a political party can sustain but, and it's a big but, if the party has learned the lesson and has the good sense to choose Kier Starmer as leader, with maybe Jess Philips or Lisa Tandy as deputy, the next five years could be very interesting.
Dominic Raab did nothing to assuage my opinion that he's an incompetent idiot way out of his depth, and I think he's indicative of the general level of incompetence in Boris's cabinet. I think Starmer's clinical and incisive lawyer's mind will make mincemeat of the Eton windbag and his collection of disfunctional idiots. If they can clear out all vestiges of Corbynism and keep chipping away at Boris as the disaster of five years of unchecked extreme right wing Toryism unfolds, I see a promising future for Labour.
What do you think, chaps and chapesses? Always interested in particular in the balanced opinions of Kerouac, Jango and the Symonds Yat village idiot.
The Labour Party on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 1917 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 08:36 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

Long Bailey blaming the media for the election disaster

She can't be next leader surely

The right wing media gave Corbyn a kicking, but the reality is to a large number of people he was simply an unacceptable option to be PM and traditional Labour voters turned against him in their droves.

People like RLB need to wake up and smell the coffee. I see Unison are backing Starmer, but it seems it will hinge on McCluskey and Unite.
The Labour Party on 21:19 - Jan 8 with 1905 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 12:20 - Jan 8 by PapaLazarou

Has anyone ever heard Jess Phillips talk about policy?

Strikes me as being all about "ME, ME, ME" - probably setting herself up for a decent performance (albeit a losing one) in this leadership contest so that she can exit the scene ina
few years and continue to enjoy the life and salary she does in politics, outside of it.

They’re going to have to have a mop on standby for every time she cries over the despatch box.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Labour Party on 21:22 - Jan 8 with 1899 viewsCatullus

The Labour Party on 21:12 - Jan 8 by majorraglan

The right wing media gave Corbyn a kicking, but the reality is to a large number of people he was simply an unacceptable option to be PM and traditional Labour voters turned against him in their droves.

People like RLB need to wake up and smell the coffee. I see Unison are backing Starmer, but it seems it will hinge on McCluskey and Unite.

I think it's about time the unions were seperated from Labour. Too much influence. Labour should never be held to ransom by union chiefs.
McC is a Corbyn supporter isn't he? So RLB will possibly be his choice but what do his members say?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 8 with 1878 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 21:22 - Jan 8 by Catullus

I think it's about time the unions were seperated from Labour. Too much influence. Labour should never be held to ransom by union chiefs.
McC is a Corbyn supporter isn't he? So RLB will possibly be his choice but what do his members say?

Labour have learned absolutely zilch from their Election drubbing.

It seems their only plan is to hope that Boris f*cks things up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Labour Party on 21:57 - Jan 8 with 1857 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 8 by Flashberryjack

Labour have learned absolutely zilch from their Election drubbing.

It seems their only plan is to hope that Boris f*cks things up.

I suspect Boris would have already been in a bit of trouble had Labour not have been led by Corbyn over the last few months. Boris has hammered the Brexit message and it stood him in good stead, but had he been scrutinised by someone credible then t would have been tighter.

If Brexit goes Pete Tong and there’s a huge drop off in living standards etc, then Boris is going to be up against it, especially if there is a credible leader of the opposition.
The Labour Party on 10:54 - Jan 9 with 1804 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 21:57 - Jan 8 by majorraglan

I suspect Boris would have already been in a bit of trouble had Labour not have been led by Corbyn over the last few months. Boris has hammered the Brexit message and it stood him in good stead, but had he been scrutinised by someone credible then t would have been tighter.

If Brexit goes Pete Tong and there’s a huge drop off in living standards etc, then Boris is going to be up against it, especially if there is a credible leader of the opposition.

Fear not, Barry Gardiner has thrown his hat in the ring 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Labour Party on 14:01 - Jan 9 with 1771 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 10:54 - Jan 9 by waynekerr55

Fear not, Barry Gardiner has thrown his hat in the ring 😂😂😂😂

Labour brought us the NHS and the Welfare state to name but a few of the wonderful things they'd done in the past.

It does bring a tear to my eye when I look at the rabble being put forward as potential leaders, Tories must be p*ssing themselves.

Hello

The Labour Party on 14:10 - Jan 9 with 1766 viewsBest_loser

The Labour Party on 14:01 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Labour brought us the NHS and the Welfare state to name but a few of the wonderful things they'd done in the past.

It does bring a tear to my eye when I look at the rabble being put forward as potential leaders, Tories must be p*ssing themselves.

Who would you suggest then ?
Login to get fewer ads

The Labour Party on 14:45 - Jan 9 with 1751 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 14:10 - Jan 9 by Best_loser

I can’t think of anyone from the current batch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Labour Party on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 1737 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 14:10 - Jan 9 by Best_loser

Haven't got clue mate, the whole of the party is infected with lefty loonies.

Hello

The Labour Party on 15:21 - Jan 9 with 1719 viewsHighjack

I can see a scenario, I’m calling it now that at some point in this parliamentary cycle Sadiq Khan will put himself forward in a by election. I don’t like him at all but he seems to be a better choice for leader than any of the names put forward and has the added bonus of being one of the only labour politicians left alive with any experience of being in power.

The Labour Party on 15:36 - Jan 9 with 1710 viewsBest_loser

The Labour Party on 14:59 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Just as I thought

Your just a tory supporter aren't you
The Labour Party on 15:48 - Jan 9 with 1694 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 15:36 - Jan 9 by Best_loser

Just as I thought

Not really mate, just couldn't vote for the f*cking idiots running the Labour party.

Go on then start the name calling.

Hello

The Labour Party on 16:09 - Jan 9 with 1682 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 15:36 - Jan 9 by Best_loser

Just as I thought

Just because you’re critical of labour it doesn’t mean you’re a Tory.
If one is to understand “the great mystery” one must study all it's aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Labour Party or Tory party. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the force.

The Labour Party on 16:33 - Jan 9 with 1673 viewsBest_loser

The Labour Party on 15:48 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Not really mate, just couldn't vote for the f*cking idiots running the Labour party.

Go on then start the name calling.

I am critical of labour myself, a lot

But in forums like this You get lots of toryboys masquerading as disenchanted labour supporters

Just thought you might be one of those that's all
The Labour Party on 16:55 - Jan 9 with 1658 viewsPegojack

The Labour Party on 14:59 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

So your calling Sir Kier Starmer KCB QC a leftie looney, are you?
If the party elect him, he'll make mincemeat of that useless cwnt Boris, who's failed at every job he's ever had.
The Labour Party on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 1651 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 16:55 - Jan 9 by Pegojack

If the party elect him, he'll make mincemeat of that useless cwnt Boris, who's failed at every job he's ever had.

It could be argued that Sir Keir utterly failed as shadow brexit secretary given their appalling lack of any policy or strategy whatsoever.

The Labour Party on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 1642 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 17:05 - Jan 9 by Highjack

It could be argued that Sir Keir utterly failed as shadow brexit secretary given their appalling lack of any policy or strategy whatsoever.

Bollox. Under the circumstances he did an excellent job.
The Labour Party on 18:56 - Jan 9 with 1609 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 17:05 - Jan 9 by Highjack

I suspect the lack of policy or strategy wasn’t to do with Starmer, more so Corbyn, his entourage and the general lack of a coherent consensus on the way forward. I suspect Starmer was deliberately kept out of the limelight as was Abbot and Rees Mogg for differed get reasons.
The Labour Party on 19:19 - Jan 9 with 1585 viewsCatullus

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/corbyn-pmqs-boris-johnson-trump-trade-deal-

This is why I've been critical of Labour, well this and of course, Thornberry, Abbott, Gardiner....I could go on.
At least Starmer has some gravitas. He looks like someone you could make PM without people having hysterics.
When I look at Bojo I keep seeing another Marx Brother, Groucho, Chico, Zeppo, Harpo and Bojo, did I just name some of the Cabinet? Mind you, Westminster, Duck Soup, can anyone tell the difference?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Labour Party on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 1522 viewsPegojack

Clive Lewis is talking a lot of sense too. Although not leader material, he ought to be high up in the shadow team. Calling for proportional representation, an elected second chamber in place of the Lords, and much more collaboration with other left leaning parties instead of tribalism. Well said. Could the UK actually drag itself out of the 19th Century? Time will tell.
The Labour Party on 13:10 - Jan 10 with 1507 viewsLohengrin

The Labour Party on 16:55 - Jan 9 by Pegojack

Stafford Cripps, or rather, Sir Richard Stafford Cripps, CH, QC, FRS was, Peg.

I’ll say this about Starmer, he ‘looks’ the part. Aquascutum suit, Turnbull & Asser shirt and tie, decent haircut; but If you were to ask anybody what he stands for, something politically substantive, that sets him apart from the other candidates five will get you ten they just blow their cheeks out and shrug?

Try the question on your friends this evening.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Labour Party on 13:55 - Jan 10 with 1481 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 14:01 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Spot on, boss. It speaks volumes that the likes of Raab, Patel, Francois and Barclay are untouchable given the chronic failure of Labour.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Labour Party on 14:04 - Jan 10 with 1470 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 13:55 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Spot on, boss. It speaks volumes that the likes of Raab, Patel, Francois and Barclay are untouchable given the chronic failure of Labour.

And they will remain untouchable for some time, I fear.

Hello

The Labour Party on 14:05 - Jan 10 with 1469 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 13:10 - Jan 10 by Lohengrin

Stafford Cripps, or rather, Sir Richard Stafford Cripps, CH, QC, FRS was, Peg.

I’ll say this about Starmer, he ‘looks’ the part. Aquascutum suit, Turnbull & Asser shirt and tie, decent haircut; but If you were to ask anybody what he stands for, something politically substantive, that sets him apart from the other candidates five will get you ten they just blow their cheeks out and shrug?

Try the question on your friends this evening.

That would apply to pretty much all members of both cabinets.

Early days yet anyway. The fact that he doesn’t look like he spent the night in a skip probably marks him down as a class traitor to the loony left anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024