Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty 23:07 - Feb 9 with 3021 viewsChief

Did I read correctly that they are no longer paying anything for the stadium naming rights from the fans forum few weeks back?.
When is the deal up?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Liberty on 23:12 - Feb 9 with 2570 viewsbuilthjack

I am quite sure that the deal with Liberty ended in Oct 2015, was then extended until Oct 2017, and ended then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liberty on 23:29 - Feb 9 with 2536 viewsmajorraglan

Liberty on 23:12 - Feb 9 by builthjack

I am quite sure that the deal with Liberty ended in Oct 2015, was then extended until Oct 2017, and ended then.

Pretty sure I read the American owners were looking at negotiating a major sponsorship deal after acquiring the lease on the stadium, possibly with Audi or VW as they had previously negotiated a naming rights deal with Audi for DC United's ground. Relegation put the brakes on it.
Liberty on 00:29 - Feb 10 with 2461 viewsBadlands

Liberty on 23:29 - Feb 9 by majorraglan

Pretty sure I read the American owners were looking at negotiating a major sponsorship deal after acquiring the lease on the stadium, possibly with Audi or VW as they had previously negotiated a naming rights deal with Audi for DC United's ground. Relegation put the brakes on it.

The Volkswagen company wanted to promote VW brand but the Americans wanted the more prestigious Audi marque.
Relegation, condition of the stadium and questions of ownership got in the way.
I was lead to believe the reason the Americans renegotiated the lease was to help convince prospective sponsors of their long term intentions.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Liberty on 07:36 - Feb 10 with 2274 viewsChief

So liberty are no longer paying us any fees, yet their name still adorns the stadium. And this has been the case for over two years!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Liberty on 11:28 - Feb 10 with 2004 viewsDewi1jack

Liberty on 07:36 - Feb 10 by Chief

So liberty are no longer paying us any fees, yet their name still adorns the stadium. And this has been the case for over two years!?

Disinterest is rife in and around the stadium.
Far too much old boys network/ friends and family jobs for the boys in the past for everything.

We still have advertising posters in the ground saying Paulo Sousa/ Ferre/Leon/ Tatey etc will be amongst the names we'll see playing at the Liberty next season.

If you can't as a business get the little things right, how do you get the biggies sorted?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Liberty on 12:01 - Feb 10 with 1947 viewsQJumpingJack

I would imagine there is a huge cost in removing all The Liberty signs around the stadium.
Liberty on 12:08 - Feb 10 with 1938 viewsNeathJack

Liberty on 07:36 - Feb 10 by Chief

Yep.
Liberty on 12:16 - Feb 10 with 1906 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’ll always be the Liberty now even if some other corporate sponsor comes in. It’s a cracking name anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Liberty on 12:22 - Feb 10 with 1901 viewsBillyChong

Bring back Pearlman. Or give Dineen a call, he claims to be a dealbreaker on this sort of thing.
Liberty on 12:41 - Feb 10 with 1855 viewsJacket

Surely they can find someone to take up the naming rights. Most Welsh Premier teams can FFS.

I bet you it'll be either The Low Cost Vans Stadium or The Swansea University stadium when they finally get their arses in gear!

Out of interest, does any one know who Liberty are and what they do? Everyone knows their name but hardly no one knows what they do. It certainly hasn't done much to their brand awareness.
Liberty on 12:48 - Feb 10 with 1841 viewsNeath_Jack

Liberty on 12:41 - Feb 10 by Jacket

Surely they can find someone to take up the naming rights. Most Welsh Premier teams can FFS.

I bet you it'll be either The Low Cost Vans Stadium or The Swansea University stadium when they finally get their arses in gear!

Out of interest, does any one know who Liberty are and what they do? Everyone knows their name but hardly no one knows what they do. It certainly hasn't done much to their brand awareness.

Property developers, quite common knowledge i thought.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Liberty on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 1821 viewsJacket

Liberty on 12:48 - Feb 10 by Neath_Jack

Well aren't I thick as fackin pig shite not knowing commonly known stuff. Your 2 yr old grandson knew and all I suppose.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 13:08]
Liberty on 13:07 - Feb 10 with 1788 viewsLeonWasGod

Liberty on 12:48 - Feb 10 by Neath_Jack

I wouldn't at all be surprised if most people don't make the link between them and the stadium though. Even amongst Swans fans.

I like it and hope we keep the name.
Liberty on 13:16 - Feb 10 with 1756 viewsbuilthjack

Liberty on 12:59 - Feb 10 by Jacket

Well aren't I thick as fackin pig shite not knowing commonly known stuff. Your 2 yr old grandson knew and all I suppose.

A guy called John Hinds is the main man there.
Owns a load of companies, a lot of them gone bust.
A rum bugger.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liberty on 13:44 - Feb 10 with 1697 viewsNotLoyal

Liberty on 12:01 - Feb 10 by QJumpingJack

I would imagine there is a huge cost in removing all The Liberty signs around the stadium.

Surely the deal would be remove the signage, repaint the stadium and then out your own signs up.
But of course there’s no money in that.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Liberty on 14:02 - Feb 10 with 1670 viewstheloneranger

Scott Gibbs was development manager at Liberty Properties when they paid for the naming rights of the stadium in 2005.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liberty on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 1622 viewsTenbySwan

On the electronic pitch side adverts on Saturday, repeatedly advertised renew your ST at the early bird price by the 31st Jan !
Liberty on 14:51 - Feb 10 with 1595 viewsBadlands

Liberty on 14:02 - Feb 10 by theloneranger

Scott Gibbs was development manager at Liberty Properties when they paid for the naming rights of the stadium in 2005.

Having posted a sarcastic comment about the naming of our new ground - the Liberty - I had a long reply from Scott Gibbs personally.
It went along the lines of
Give us break.
Sponsoring the Ospreys new home as much as the Swans (a lot at the time wanted The New Vetch' or similar) and regional rugby was close to Gibbs's heart.
The Liberty group were already committed to local sport (spelled out but I don't recall).
No one else was in the frame.
liberty & Gibbs were more than pleased to be providing local sponsorship to local sports facilities.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Liberty on 17:47 - Feb 10 with 1447 viewsMrSwerve

White Rock Stadium.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Liberty on 17:54 - Feb 10 with 1434 viewsbuilthjack

Liberty on 14:33 - Feb 10 by TenbySwan

On the electronic pitch side adverts on Saturday, repeatedly advertised renew your ST at the early bird price by the 31st Jan !

Yes, that came on a few times. Someone is a bit twp.

Liberty on 18:39 - Feb 10 with 1366 viewsDr_Winston

Liberty on 17:47 - Feb 10 by MrSwerve

White Rock Stadium.

Yup. The best name.

Liberty sounds like a brand of tampon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liberty on 18:58 - Feb 10 with 1310 viewsNeath_Jack

Liberty on 12:59 - Feb 10 by Jacket

Keep your knickers on handsome, I didn't mean to offend you ffs.

And no, don't be silly, of course my 2 year old grandson doesn't know that. He is a clever little bugger mind you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Liberty on 20:36 - Feb 10 with 1195 viewslonglostjack

Liberty on 13:44 - Feb 10 by NotLoyal

Surely the deal would be remove the signage, repaint the stadium and then out your own signs up.
But of course there’s no money in that.

The Dulux stadium.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Liberty on 20:45 - Feb 10 with 1171 viewstheloneranger

Subway want to sponsor the stadium, and rename it ...

"The NoSub Stadium"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liberty on 21:41 - Feb 10 with 1109 viewsbuilthjack

This season it could be;

The Stadium of Fright

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024