Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425033 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:38 - Apr 3 with 1771 viewsepaul

Well thats me in from work today and now off on my "Easter hols" until a week Tuesday, so looking forward to it. I'll get out once a day taking the 4 legged beast for a walk, but as long as it stays dry my garden will look like it's ready for the Chelsea flower show by the time I go back, even though the Chelsea flower show will prob be cancelled this year

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Corona Virus on 12:26 - Apr 3 with 1715 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 18:10 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

I hope they can do something with the ppe I'm wearing it most of shift now and I'm dripping wet and its only April so when it gets warmer you will have a lot of staff kelling over

They stopped salt tables years ago in steelworks perhaps they should bring them back

Health worker on the box yesterday (anaesthetist I think) said that after she gets the gear on, including all the head stuff, it’s on til the end. No food no water.

Kin ell.
Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 3 with 1622 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 08:20 - Apr 3 by taffpunk

At times like this I'm fortunate to be living in the Rhondda. We're walking up the mountains most days for our daily exercise. Forgot about the breathtaking views in the area, it's a nice hour or so out of the house.

Miss that too. I grew up on the Forestry Road in Cwmparc. Great views over Treorchy and down the valley. Often used to go over the top to my grandparents when the moved to Treherbert from Neath in the mid 80s. Nice cold can of Courage Light with my grandfather
Corona Virus on 15:14 - Apr 3 with 1540 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 3 by A_Fans_Dad

What do you mean like these?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/hydroxychloroquine-rated-most-ef

Yes. All 6000+ of them.

I hope they have found an effective treatment and it is proven to be so. What I would say is that the article states it has been most used in Spain and that doesn't seem to be going too well. So whilst it may be the most effective treatment it may be in very poor company and clearly isn't a panacea.

Anyway, well googled.

Apologies, just read it again. Only 37% of the 6227 doctors thought it was most effective. Potentially 63% didn't. Do you read any of these articles you post links to? I won't ask if you understand or evaluate them because I know the answer to that.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 20:46]
Corona Virus on 15:21 - Apr 3 with 1519 viewsSgorioFruit

little old UK now has more deaths than China, apparently.
if that isn't enough fuel for a conspiracy then I really don't know what is.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:26 - Apr 3 with 1502 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:21 - Apr 3 by SgorioFruit

Does anyone really believe what info is coming out of China?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 15:28 - Apr 3 with 1497 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If you believe China’s figures you probably think Moonlight Shadow is decent music.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 3 with 1497 viewstaffpunk

Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 3 by Professor

Miss that too. I grew up on the Forestry Road in Cwmparc. Great views over Treorchy and down the valley. Often used to go over the top to my grandparents when the moved to Treherbert from Neath in the mid 80s. Nice cold can of Courage Light with my grandfather

Today we drove up the Bwlch, stopped in a layby just before getting to to Abergwynfi, and walked up the mountain to the masts, haven't done that for years. Fantastic views at the top, could see from Barry to Port Talbot one way, and the Beacons another. Probably not supposed to do this, but didn't see anyone else, so can't see the harm myself.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:05 - Apr 3 with 1443 viewsjasper_T

Think my chest freezer has packed in. Things are getting serious now.
Corona Virus on 16:31 - Apr 3 with 1396 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 3 by taffpunk

Today we drove up the Bwlch, stopped in a layby just before getting to to Abergwynfi, and walked up the mountain to the masts, haven't done that for years. Fantastic views at the top, could see from Barry to Port Talbot one way, and the Beacons another. Probably not supposed to do this, but didn't see anyone else, so can't see the harm myself.

Personally don’t see anything wrong in what you did.
How long can people be told they can’t go out.
The government I hope is planning the lockdown exit strategy as we speak.
In the end people will just ignore the stay at home orders if this drags on to long, not because they are selfish, but because it will do people’s heads in.
Corona Virus on 16:56 - Apr 3 with 1383 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 16:31 - Apr 3 by Thebus

In the end people will just ignore the stay at home orders if this drags on to long, not because they are selfish, but because it will do people’s heads in.

🛎end
Corona Virus on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 1368 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 16:31 - Apr 3 by Thebus

Listen up...

We are still a few weeks off hitting the peak of this virus.

In the coming days, most of us will know someone, both family or close friends that will come down with covid 19.

Believe me, people will be thinking twice about venturing over the shop for essentials.

Let's see if the Lockdown is "doing people's heads in" then.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 17:03 - Apr 3 with 1362 viewsThebus

What do you think is going on ?
Corona Virus on 17:08 - Apr 3 with 1355 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Listen up...

In the coming days, most of us will know someone, both family or close friends that will come down with covid 19.

Believe me, people will be thinking twice about venturing over the shop for essentials.

It wasn’t long ago that you were happily drinking in the pub with a fairly ambivalent attitude towards Coronavirus.

Also, don’t you think that there will be an increase in suicides and mental health issues during this lockdown.

One other thing Is all I’m doing is regurgitating what only yesterday Ex - Bank of England chief Mervyn king said.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:13]
Corona Virus on 17:17 - Apr 3 with 1350 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 17:08 - Apr 3 by Thebus

It wasn’t long ago that you were happily drinking in the pub with a fairly ambivalent attitude towards Coronavirus.

Also, don’t you think that there will be an increase in suicides and mental health issues during this lockdown.

One other thing Is all I’m doing is regurgitating what only yesterday Ex - Bank of England chief Mervyn king said.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:13]

Ahh my light hearted post before lockdown when ALL public houses, restaurants, retail shops, in fact everything was "business as usual". Even Costa coffee was still open 👍

Things have changed unfortunately.

Suicides and mental health issues might increase, who knows.

People disregarding the restrictions now in force will spread this pandemic tenfold.

Clear enough for you?

Save the pm's this time too yea?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Apr 3 with 1330 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 17:17 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Ahh my light hearted post before lockdown when ALL public houses, restaurants, retail shops, in fact everything was "business as usual". Even Costa coffee was still open 👍

People disregarding the restrictions now in force will spread this pandemic tenfold.

Clear enough for you?

Was the costa coffee in next at Morfa ( the one you said didn’t exist) open 😂
Also if you think a long term lockdown is sustainable then you just watch.
Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 3 with 1311 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Apr 3 by Thebus

Was the costa coffee in next at Morfa ( the one you said didn’t exist) open 😂
Also if you think a long term lockdown is sustainable then you just watch.

I honestly didn't know Costa was in Next tbh 👍

Where did i mention "long term lockdown" by the way?

Look, we obviously don't see eye to eye on most things.

But i genuinely wish you and everyone else I've exchanged differing views on here the very best in the coming weeks.

It's going to be a bumpy road mate.

Maybe we should put things aside...

Corona Virus on 17:32 - Apr 3 with 1302 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

I honestly didn't know Costa was in Next tbh 👍

Where did i mention "long term lockdown" by the way?

Look, we obviously don't see eye to eye on most things.

But i genuinely wish you and everyone else I've exchanged differing views on here the very best in the coming weeks.

It's going to be a bumpy road mate.

Maybe we should put things aside...

That’s fair enough. I also like to see Celtic lift the spl title this season, as that would mean this crisis was over - ish
Corona Virus on 17:38 - Apr 3 with 1292 viewsbuilthjack

If anybody needs a huge wake up call, get to Builth. It was thought that a temporary morgue was being built at the showground. But it is now being done at the former burger factory just outside Builth.
I went by there today, I looked across, and there in clear view was ;

A SCAFFOLDING COMPANY BUILDING RACKS FOR COFFINS.
PACKS OF PLYWOOD.
HUNDREDS OF COFFINS MADE OR BEING MADE OUT OF THE PLYWOOD.

If that doesn't tell people to behave nothing will.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 17:43 - Apr 3 with 1276 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 17:32 - Apr 3 by Thebus

That’s fair enough. I also like to see Celtic lift the spl title this season, as that would mean this crisis was over - ish

Steady on now lol

Corona Virus on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 1222 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 17:02 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Listen up...

We may be beyond the transmission peak now. But this will not manifest for about 2 weeks.
We should start to see a difference from the lockdown towards next weekend
Corona Virus on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 1157 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:17 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Clear enough for you?

People are still disregarding the lockdown, youngsters and pensioners mainly. If the lockdown isn’t observed, then the virus will continue to spread albeit at a slower rate. Personally speaking, I hope the police enforce the lockdown firmly and those who break the law are prosecuted.
Corona Virus on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 1149 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:38 - Apr 3 by builthjack

If anybody needs a huge wake up call, get to Builth. It was thought that a temporary morgue was being built at the showground. But it is now being done at the former burger factory just outside Builth.
I went by there today, I looked across, and there in clear view was ;

A SCAFFOLDING COMPANY BUILDING RACKS FOR COFFINS.
PACKS OF PLYWOOD.
HUNDREDS OF COFFINS MADE OR BEING MADE OUT OF THE PLYWOOD.

If that doesn't tell people to behave nothing will.

That’s a very sobering post. I honestly believe some people don’t appreciate the gravity of the situation and how bad things could get if we don’t take this illness seriously.
Corona Virus on 18:47 - Apr 3 with 1127 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 19:16 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

Thanks Lisa I was rough for 3 days the mad part is I've had it yet i can go to work my wife has to do 14 days she's been ok with it

I think it's lucky you come under the Welsh NHS Jim if you were under the English NHS from what I read the chances are at this point in time you would not have been tested.
Corona Virus on 19:00 - Apr 3 with 1514 viewsjojaca

Main media are overhyping it, the numbers are questionable. Are they dying with the virus or of the virus. I will stay skeptical at the moment because I still don't know anyone effected by it through work, friends or family.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024