Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437378 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:06 - Apr 22 with 1737 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 10:22 - Apr 22 by Catullus

Why do people have so much faith that the EU tells us the truth? They are politicians too.

Coming at it from another angle, he has either lied to Committee or has lied in this letter, either way he has lied and is that what we want from our government?
If what he said to committee was true and he can prove it then I agree, stick by it. All he has done really is cause a commotion, there will be arguments now about what the truth is and now McDonald will be accused simply of protecting his job and his pension by this withdrawal.
I don't doubt he was pressured into the withdrawal but if he'd shown 'more backbone' what effect would it have had?

Probably given the fact that this bunch have been sacked for lying.

Yes, they're all slippery but this lot either (a) are too stupid to keep to the same story or (b) genuinely don't care about the inaccuracies because their client journos like LK and Peston help spread misinformation.

I'm sorry, but the whole "they're all liars" doesn't answer the question. Are we happy to be lied to then?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Apr 22 with 1722 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 10:47 - Apr 22 by chad

Hey man not me that called them ‘to quote yourself ‘swivel eyed cúnts’

Perhaps straight name calling not the most enlightened way to get a message over, didn’t work very well during Brexit with all the kicking and screaming and hubris, In fact could be a significant contributor to our current situation. When people seem to think they are better than others and can just abuse them, you tend to get a bit of kick back.

I wonder if that expat poster on here who is continually calling the government here by a similar name at every opportunity is doing likewise on social media in his home of Spain, when even the ‘revered’ Guardian reports the complaints of their government being slow to act, patients laying on floor and NHS using bin bags for PPE. Of course expats would have strong personal cause to be against Brexit, although amusingly another on here who hated Brexit wished they had all been kicked out of Spain.

We are in a world pandemic, lives are at stake, of course it is going to be difficult and there are going to be shortages and mistakes.

Do we ignore them - no
Do we address them - yes
Is abuse helpful - no
Is learning what needs to be addressed to move forward and being able to raise and strongly push such issues in a constructive manner a good thing - yes
Is raising then parking mistakes we can do nothing about (but learn from) for later review a good thing - yes
Does calling those running the country ‘swivel eyed cúnts’ add gravitas to important points you may be making - IMHO no

Genuine question - have you ever known a government not to make mistakes, some much bigger than others and most within living memory not at a time of such extreme crises? How much better do you think the alternative would have fared?

You'd be happy for ministers to have full control and nobody guiding them nor being there to provide advice and guidance?

Did I suggest that, it was you calling our governing body ‘swivel eyed cúnts’. As can been seen in this incident the relationship between the massive civil service departments that provide the administrative functioning and expert advice and the government is a complex but necessary one. Nor am I unfamiliar with many of the strengths and weaknesses of the civil service or its required non political nature :) .

I am also aware of the amount of resource, detail and planning that needs to go into each one of, for a single instance the employment schemes introduced. We cannot do everything at once we must deal with the most immediate needs and concentrate on essential developments and ignore extraneous noise.

And most of all let’s not make things up, do you think people on here would be happy if it was said Keir must have been in cahoots with Jimmy Saville helping him evade trial? Yet he was forced to apologise for failings in his organisation contributing to that whilst he was at the helm.

Chad - much like a Cummings rebuke that doesn't answer what I said. I will apologise if I've misrepresented what you said.

I think we need to be very, very careful here as it's out there that they want to attack the judiciary and the civil service. I merely asked for your opinion if you'd be happy for this to happen. We are in dangerous times and whilst I apologise for the tone of my calling these hideous clowns what they are, I stand by it.

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 22 with 1696 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:06 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Probably given the fact that this bunch have been sacked for lying.

Yes, they're all slippery but this lot either (a) are too stupid to keep to the same story or (b) genuinely don't care about the inaccuracies because their client journos like LK and Peston help spread misinformation.

I'm sorry, but the whole "they're all liars" doesn't answer the question. Are we happy to be lied to then?

Do you believe the EU tells us the whole truth then? You're happy to call the UK government liars and there's evidence for that, obviously.

The question isn't have we been lied to nor are we happy to be lied to though the answers (in my case) would be yes and then no.

The question is who do you most believe?

Either way it goes McDonald has lied, would you agree?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 11:37 - Apr 22 with 1682 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:00 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

The transcript of the evidence session will remain unaltered and published. The correction letter will be published separately as part of the written evidence. I’ve no idea which of them is telling the truth but if you made me bet my house on it I know which side I’d land on.

Yes, me too, but in which case him changing his story is unforgivable.

Hancock, of course, said he’d signed it off. Thinking about it, he didn’t say anything about whether he was overruled...
Corona Virus on 11:41 - Apr 22 with 1679 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 10:22 - Apr 22 by Catullus

Why do people have so much faith that the EU tells us the truth? They are politicians too.

Coming at it from another angle, he has either lied to Committee or has lied in this letter, either way he has lied and is that what we want from our government?
If what he said to committee was true and he can prove it then I agree, stick by it. All he has done really is cause a commotion, there will be arguments now about what the truth is and now McDonald will be accused simply of protecting his job and his pension by this withdrawal.
I don't doubt he was pressured into the withdrawal but if he'd shown 'more backbone' what effect would it have had?

Because the EU have absolutely nothing to gain from telling the truth or otherwise.

We’ve left the EU. That’s irreversible.

The truth will emerge during an enquiry. Unfortunately, I suspect that this part of it will be an eye opener.
Corona Virus on 11:53 - Apr 22 with 1659 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:41 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Because the EU have absolutely nothing to gain from telling the truth or otherwise.

We’ve left the EU. That’s irreversible.

The truth will emerge during an enquiry. Unfortunately, I suspect that this part of it will be an eye opener.

The first line, how do you know what they have to gain or lose? If there's nothing to gain from telling us the truth how does that mean they tell us the truth?

Leaving the EU is irrelevant, politics goes on.

Do you really believe the truth comes out in enquiries, did Chilcott uncover the whole truth or did people get away with it? If a senior civil servant can be pressured into changing a public statement they can be pressured into not telling an enquiry things too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:36 - Apr 22 with 1636 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:10 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Chad - much like a Cummings rebuke that doesn't answer what I said. I will apologise if I've misrepresented what you said.

I think we need to be very, very careful here as it's out there that they want to attack the judiciary and the civil service. I merely asked for your opinion if you'd be happy for this to happen. We are in dangerous times and whilst I apologise for the tone of my calling these hideous clowns what they are, I stand by it.

Ooh I think it very much addresses what you said. Do not expect binary answers from unfocused requests for value judgements unsupported by detail or evidence, without using the general behaviour of those in such a position as a benchmark. What is acceptable is obviously driven by what is available as an alternative and also varies according to circumstances and prevailing conditions.

How does that old saying go in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

(Cue comments on sexism, disability and jokes about the blindness and one eyed ness of whichever political party not favoured.)

Wasn’t it the X files that said it was out there, it was also out there that the PM was variably playing tennis when he should have been at a COBRA meeting, was on a ventilator and had sold our PPE stockpile to China (bet that boat was a big un). How many of them were true.

If you want me to comment on if I want them to attack the judiciary or the civil service I would say no as I don’t agree with violence. Although some gameshow with Boris wading into judges in their wigs and top civil servants with a baseball bat might engage some, especially in this time of lockdown when Netflix is doing so well.

Attack is a rather emotive word though isn’t it?

Of course our public servants should be non political and if there is a concern on either side that that is not the case, supported with clear evidence, then that is a serious concern and certainly needs investigating. I am also sure that in an organisation as large as the civil service there are certainly efficiencies to be made.
Corona Virus on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 1621 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 22 by Catullus

Do you believe the EU tells us the whole truth then? You're happy to call the UK government liars and there's evidence for that, obviously.

The question isn't have we been lied to nor are we happy to be lied to though the answers (in my case) would be yes and then no.

The question is who do you most believe?

Either way it goes McDonald has lied, would you agree?

Apologies for the "happy to be lied to", that probably should be revised to say "satisfied to swallow what they tell us".

Do I believe everything the EU says? No. But look at the shower of disinformation they're putting out.

I'm not one of these people who will just say "tories are cúnts" as my local MP has been good as gold (he strikes me as a small c Conservative)

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 22 with 1616 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 12:36 - Apr 22 by chad

Ooh I think it very much addresses what you said. Do not expect binary answers from unfocused requests for value judgements unsupported by detail or evidence, without using the general behaviour of those in such a position as a benchmark. What is acceptable is obviously driven by what is available as an alternative and also varies according to circumstances and prevailing conditions.

How does that old saying go in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

(Cue comments on sexism, disability and jokes about the blindness and one eyed ness of whichever political party not favoured.)

Wasn’t it the X files that said it was out there, it was also out there that the PM was variably playing tennis when he should have been at a COBRA meeting, was on a ventilator and had sold our PPE stockpile to China (bet that boat was a big un). How many of them were true.

If you want me to comment on if I want them to attack the judiciary or the civil service I would say no as I don’t agree with violence. Although some gameshow with Boris wading into judges in their wigs and top civil servants with a baseball bat might engage some, especially in this time of lockdown when Netflix is doing so well.

Attack is a rather emotive word though isn’t it?

Of course our public servants should be non political and if there is a concern on either side that that is not the case, supported with clear evidence, then that is a serious concern and certainly needs investigating. I am also sure that in an organisation as large as the civil service there are certainly efficiencies to be made.

Very emotive, yes. But look at their MO. Why would they want to curb the independent judiciary. Whilst we aren't at Trump levels, we need to be very careful about which path they're taking us down.

Corona Virus on 14:26 - Apr 22 with 1538 viewsJackSomething

Not going to quote all of Chad's post, but this bit is interesting:

"Perhaps straight name calling not the most enlightened way to get a message over, didn’t work very well during Brexit with all the kicking and screaming and hubris, In fact could be a significant contributor to our current situation. When people seem to think they are better than others and can just abuse them, you tend to get a bit of kick back."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that reads as a rebuke to people on the Remain side while not acknowledging that such abuse went both ways? I don't see you commenting on abusive posts from the likes of Pikey and Kerouac for example.

Your point is valid if you're prepared to castigate those on 'your side' of the debate as you do those on the other side. Otherwise it's hypocritical and meaningless.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Corona Virus on 14:54 - Apr 22 with 1510 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone who thinks we’ve had an effective opposition for the Corbyn years should have a watch of today’s PMQs to see an actual opposition in action.

Excellent from Starmer. Measured, lack of hysteria, supportive where necessary, but critically ruthless where needed. His follow ups to Raab on the subjects of deaths in care homes and testing capacity was as damaging a blow as has been landed on the government for years.

They’ll be dreading PMQs every week.
Corona Virus on 14:58 - Apr 22 with 1502 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:54 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Anyone who thinks we’ve had an effective opposition for the Corbyn years should have a watch of today’s PMQs to see an actual opposition in action.

Excellent from Starmer. Measured, lack of hysteria, supportive where necessary, but critically ruthless where needed. His follow ups to Raab on the subjects of deaths in care homes and testing capacity was as damaging a blow as has been landed on the government for years.

He looked nervous as hell to me which is understandable.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 15:01 - Apr 22 with 1498 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:58 - Apr 22 by Highjack

He looked nervous as hell to me which is understandable.

Who? Starmer?

I thought he looked about a million times less nervous than Raab.
Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 22 with 1488 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:01 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Who? Starmer?

I thought he looked about a million times less nervous than Raab.

They both looked like they were bricking it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 15:05 - Apr 22 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 22 by Highjack

I didn’t think Starmer looked anything of the sort.
Corona Virus on 15:45 - Apr 22 with 1454 viewschad

Corona Virus on 14:26 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

Not going to quote all of Chad's post, but this bit is interesting:

"Perhaps straight name calling not the most enlightened way to get a message over, didn’t work very well during Brexit with all the kicking and screaming and hubris, In fact could be a significant contributor to our current situation. When people seem to think they are better than others and can just abuse them, you tend to get a bit of kick back."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that reads as a rebuke to people on the Remain side while not acknowledging that such abuse went both ways? I don't see you commenting on abusive posts from the likes of Pikey and Kerouac for example.

Your point is valid if you're prepared to castigate those on 'your side' of the debate as you do those on the other side. Otherwise it's hypocritical and meaningless.

Thank you. You are forgiven ;)

Not a rebuke just my opinion

Applies to all the abuse, I didn’t actually mention anyone in relation to Brexit and hope it did not come over as referring to WK as, although a person of strong opinions (and nothing wrong with that) I find his posts thoughtful and interested to understand the POV of others.

Nor was it particularly in relation to the debate on here, though I would be surprised if the abuse and condescending attitude was not more weighted towards the thick Brexiteers who were racist and were to be pitied because they were too stupid to understand they were poking themselves in the eye - allegedly.

It was more general in interviews and the press, an attitude of condescension more suited to a Jane Austin novel. That along with many interviews being focused on a Londoncentic backdrop which was not representative of the country as a whole. I think it definitely created a backlash.

Lots of people find it hard to speak out, even more so when they are being abused and denigrated, that does not make their POV any less relevant, but they will likely act decisively when they get the chance to vote. I found it sad because many people who supported remain had strong and valid reasons for that but also understood and respected other people’s opinions.

I agree, fairness and balance are very important as is honesty, but we are all influenced by our own genetic makeup and our experiences along the way, perhaps the most honest thing is to accept there is no such thing as objectivity just a conscious attempt to work towards it.

Is sympathising with the away fans when they lose going to far though?
Corona Virus on 16:58 - Apr 22 with 1403 viewsAce_Jack

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 22 by Highjack

Of course you did
Corona Virus on 17:15 - Apr 22 with 1381 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 16:58 - Apr 22 by Ace_Jack

Of course you did

That makes no sense.

Corona Virus on 17:19 - Apr 22 with 1371 viewsAce_Jack

Corona Virus on 17:15 - Apr 22 by Highjack

That makes no sense.

you wouldn't give a Labour politician the steam off your piss so of course you thought he looked nervous as f**k when he looked nothing of the sort.
Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 1367 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 17:19 - Apr 22 by Ace_Jack

you wouldn't give a Labour politician the steam off your piss so of course you thought he looked nervous as f**k when he looked nothing of the sort.

That’s not true.

Corona Virus on 17:24 - Apr 22 with 1362 viewsmagicdaps10

The US earliest Covid 19 death, it is anticipated additional deaths from Covid19 will be identified.
So in other words, deaths from covid 19 will go back earlier, the earliest death in US had no known travel history.

This virus has most certainly been in countries other than China before Christmas, China and the WHO will have a lot to answer for, said it all along and seems to be coming to fruitition......many a world govermant has been left with little to no chance to protect their people.

The first confirmed US death was Feb 23rd, now the first is the 7th Feb with no known travel history. Us now anticipating that date to go back earlier as time goes on and post mortems performed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 18:25 - Apr 22 with 1317 viewsOldjack

China has eased up on their lockdown ,guess what?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 1280 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 22 by Highjack

That’s not true.

Given Starmers successful Human Rights Legal background, the very least people should be expecting is measured, slick orator who can pick apart an opposition viewpoint and respond with some insightful opinions of his own. An educated bloke no doubt which is about 12 level ups on the last clownshoe.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 22 with 1256 viewswaynekerr55

And, in keeping with the past 5 years Uncle Jeremy made a tit of himself again. Can't someone in his family have a word, get him to stand down and enjoy semi retirement?

Corona Virus on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 2036 viewsWarwickHunt

Can’t wait for Starmer to go head to head with the bullshitting buffoon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024