Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437466 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:49 - Jun 6 with 1888 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Jun 6 by controversial_jack

for those 42 cases, there could be multiple more who haven't been tested and don't require hospital treatment. The virus is still there and active

There probably are more but anyone can get a test, not just those in hospital. There were over 3000 tests in Wales yesterday, the highest number so far but the second lowest number of cases. Just one case in Swansea.
Corona Virus on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 1880 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 17:36 - Jun 6 by chad

Whataboutery my fragrant arse

It is perfectly logically relevant fact, that your post omitted to address

And not the only one, if you think thousands of people deliberately congregating only has an impact on them. ‘What about’ the people who need to treat them, the people infected by them and the people killed because of that. whatever the colour of their skin.

My personal view is that is is NOT a good idea to have a large group of protesters in a relatively small area. I responded to the bollucks posted by Flash... then the conservatives come in to the rescue.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Jun 6 with 1841 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Jun 5 by Catullus

Will we ever know the numbers of deaths because of Covid-19 but not of it or physically related to it?
I don't suppose the current UK government will want to provide them.

I think many of us know or have spoken to family members who lost loved ones who already had a serious or terminal illness yet once they died Coronavirus was given as the reason despite no autopsy, so for all we know there are less deaths from Corona that are actually being reported.
Corona Virus on 18:57 - Jun 6 with 1837 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 19:35 - Jun 5 by controversial_jack

Sweden, not doing so well now, deaths have skyrocketed

20 on Thursday 70 yesterday and 17 today, 4500 in total, bet a lot more than that are being saved from dying from other illnesses due to them having the necessary treatment that is required.
Corona Virus on 19:03 - Jun 6 with 1832 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Keeping medical tests and normal treatments has nothing to do with lockdown and all to do with seriously bad management of the hospital facilities.
Empty beds all over the country in Private & Nightingale hospitals being held in reserve for the overwhelming spike in COVID-19 cases that never came.
Every hospital with COVID patients in them instead of isolating the COVID patients.
Clueless government & NHS management.

Wont argue with bad management, but the number of procedures being cancelled is certainly because of the lockdown, there have always been waiting lists etc but since the lockdown you just do not get seen end of unless your rushed in with a heart attack or whatever, and what is more frustrating is that there are so many hospitals all over the country where the staff and Doctors are sitting around with nothing to do.
Corona Virus on 19:53 - Jun 6 with 1806 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 18:47 - Jun 6 by perplex

I think many of us know or have spoken to family members who lost loved ones who already had a serious or terminal illness yet once they died Coronavirus was given as the reason despite no autopsy, so for all we know there are less deaths from Corona that are actually being reported.

I don’t think the number of deaths is less than is being reported. For a long time the only deaths that were being included in the official Covid19 death statistics were those who’d died and had a positive result for Covid19 in hospital. That’s now changed, the criteria has been expanded and as things currently stand the official stats show approximately 40,000 deaths have been attributed to Covid19, that said the excess deaths figure (difference between the number who have died and would normally be expected to die) up to the 22nd of May puts the number of excess deaths at over 55,000.
Corona Virus on 19:53 - Jun 6 with 1805 viewsDr_Winston

Be interesting to see if any rise in cases attributed to these gatherings is regional. London has done pretty well in stamping down on infections and cases, but other places haven't had the level of infection that it has.

Also read something today that potentially 60% of people may have some protection from this particular Coronavirus through exposure to other types of it, but wouldn't necessarily show antibodies if tested. Not sure if that's possible (question for the Prof), but might explain why it's not really flared up again after other gatherings.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 1800 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

Be interesting to see if any rise in cases attributed to these gatherings is regional. London has done pretty well in stamping down on infections and cases, but other places haven't had the level of infection that it has.

Also read something today that potentially 60% of people may have some protection from this particular Coronavirus through exposure to other types of it, but wouldn't necessarily show antibodies if tested. Not sure if that's possible (question for the Prof), but might explain why it's not really flared up again after other gatherings.

This post has been edited by an administrator

One report is saying 80% of people have a natural immunity to it.

From that alternative SAGE group.

And there’s something out there talking about people who have T cells that kills it before the body needs to develop antibodies.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:59 - Jun 6 with 1794 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

And there’s something out there talking about people who have T cells that kills it before the body needs to develop antibodies.

I guess we'll have a better idea in three or four weeks. If tens of thousands of people can gather as they have this weekend with no real effect on the figures we can be pretty confident that further National spikes are unlikely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:21 - Jun 6 with 1766 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 19:59 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

I guess we'll have a better idea in three or four weeks. If tens of thousands of people can gather as they have this weekend with no real effect on the figures we can be pretty confident that further National spikes are unlikely.

Nice to hear a good news story, especially when it’s connected with Wales. Well done Ceredigion CC.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/area-wales-missed-coronavirus-simp
Corona Virus on 20:40 - Jun 6 with 1756 viewsFlashberryjack

You would have thought so, especially that many of the protesters were of a group more seceptible to die fro corvi19.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 20:44 - Jun 6 with 1752 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:40 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

You would have thought so, especially that many of the protesters were of a group more seceptible to die fro corvi19.

IF there isn't another outbreak, the question then becomes how big a crowd is acceptable?

If 40-50,000 people can gather in close proximity central London (masked and gloved for the most part) without causing a spike then most pubs, clubs, arenas and sports teams will wonder why they're not allowed to do the same.

Corona Virus on 20:48 - Jun 6 with 1740 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 20:44 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

IF there isn't another outbreak, the question then becomes how big a crowd is acceptable?

If 40-50,000 people can gather in close proximity central London (masked and gloved for the most part) without causing a spike then most pubs, clubs, arenas and sports teams will wonder why they're not allowed to do the same.

Very true.

#I want my pub back (especially on a sunday afternoon)

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 22:52 - Jun 6 with 1692 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Jun 6 by majorraglan

I don’t think the number of deaths is less than is being reported. For a long time the only deaths that were being included in the official Covid19 death statistics were those who’d died and had a positive result for Covid19 in hospital. That’s now changed, the criteria has been expanded and as things currently stand the official stats show approximately 40,000 deaths have been attributed to Covid19, that said the excess deaths figure (difference between the number who have died and would normally be expected to die) up to the 22nd of May puts the number of excess deaths at over 55,000.

I'd be amazed if 55,000 people have actually died of Covid.

We've already established that some deaths are being counted as Covid even if no positive diagnosis has been received, and no doubt a goodly amount of the excess figure are people who should have received NHS support but didn't for whatever reason as a result of the pandemic.

We can add accurate recording to the list of things utterly f*cked up in recent times.

Corona Virus on 23:09 - Jun 6 with 1672 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 22:52 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

I'd be amazed if 55,000 people have actually died of Covid.

We've already established that some deaths are being counted as Covid even if no positive diagnosis has been received, and no doubt a goodly amount of the excess figure are people who should have received NHS support but didn't for whatever reason as a result of the pandemic.

We can add accurate recording to the list of things utterly f*cked up in recent times.

There is a lot of data on the ONS site, they have 1 set of data which dates there has been 44,000 deaths involving Covid, but to because the goal posts have changed several times it’s difficult to really know. The ONS stats are almost 2 weeks out of date, so I think it’s fair to assume the excess deaths will be nearer 60,000 when the next set of data is published in the week.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2fpeoplepopulationandcommunity%2fbirthsdeathsan

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2fpeoplepopulationandcommunity%2fbirthsdeathsan
Corona Virus on 23:16 - Jun 6 with 1667 viewslonglostjack

That’s one way of looking at it. A bit Cumminsesque though. I prefer to trust the virologists. Get that fecking R number well below 1. I understand the urge to reboot the economy, especially when you‘ve been directly affected. It could well cost the economy more in the medium and long term if they screw up by relaxing too quickly though. Without an effective track and trace system in place the UK is playing with fire - again.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 23:19]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 23:59 - Jun 6 with 1650 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

Innate T cells, gamma delta T cells and NK cells are all non antigen-specific
And part of early/1st line of defence. Will not give you the degree of protection that antigen-specific T cells or B cells ( that produce antibody) . This is very speculative and not being put forward by virologists or immunologists Lisa.
There will always be those who are more resistant by a quirk of genetics- the classic example is sickle cell trait and malaria.
Corona Virus on 00:25 - Jun 7 with 1634 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 18:57 - Jun 6 by perplex

20 on Thursday 70 yesterday and 17 today, 4500 in total, bet a lot more than that are being saved from dying from other illnesses due to them having the necessary treatment that is required.

New cases i meant, not deaths, sorry.
Corona Virus on 00:46 - Jun 7 with 1623 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 23:59 - Jun 6 by Professor

Innate T cells, gamma delta T cells and NK cells are all non antigen-specific
And part of early/1st line of defence. Will not give you the degree of protection that antigen-specific T cells or B cells ( that produce antibody) . This is very speculative and not being put forward by virologists or immunologists Lisa.
There will always be those who are more resistant by a quirk of genetics- the classic example is sickle cell trait and malaria.

This is what I was referring to. I found it interesting that’s all. No idea How speculative it is.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)30610-3
Corona Virus on 08:55 - Jun 7 with 1552 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 00:46 - Jun 7 by londonlisa2001

This is what I was referring to. I found it interesting that’s all. No idea How speculative it is.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)30610-3

So that’s quite different- it’s showing a pretty classical Th1 or cellular response which is pretty much what you would expect/hope to happen. It is a nice descriptive paper 👍

What they do have is a cross reactive response on some patients
Which they consider may be related to other common coronaviruses . This again is not unexpected, but any indication of protection afforded by this is speculative. Functional assays of T cell activity are hard to do from the small samples here, but the responses are not huge, so it looks like a cross reaction rather than cross protection. If it were then we have a vaccine already- a cold
Corona Virus on 11:02 - Jun 7 with 1511 viewscontroversial_jack

We seem to have a very high death rate per head of population.I sometimes wonder what our medical professions may be doing wrong , or may not be doing, that other countries may have

It's not an attack on the NHS or our docs, but it does make me wonder.
Corona Virus on 12:09 - Jun 7 with 1480 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 20:44 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

Be a bit messy down the pub though Doc, standing there with your pint in your gloved hand and a mask on your chops.
Corona Virus on 12:20 - Jun 7 with 1472 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 12:09 - Jun 7 by airedale

Be a bit messy down the pub though Doc, standing there with your pint in your gloved hand and a mask on your chops.

Humanity can adapt.

Corona Virus on 14:28 - Jun 7 with 1426 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:02 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

We seem to have a very high death rate per head of population.I sometimes wonder what our medical professions may be doing wrong , or may not be doing, that other countries may have

It's not an attack on the NHS or our docs, but it does make me wonder.

I think it is the way we are declaring covid deaths compared to other countries. Not many countries include those outside of hospitals.
Corona Virus on 14:35 - Jun 7 with 1422 viewsexiledclaseboy

No new deaths reported in Scotland today, first time in ages.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024