Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424895 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Mar 24 with 1666 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 09:41 - Mar 24 by Catullus

The people who have been actively avoiding contact aren't the real problem. It's the idiots crowding together. If we could all be trusted to follow the rules things might be different.

We only intend to go out once for exercise, after fetching my wife from work the 3 of us will walk the dog but staying as far away from anybody else as we can manage but we know we'll see people just carrying on regardless.

Watch out you will have the STAYIN gestapo on to you on here mind
Corona Virus on 09:46 - Mar 24 with 1649 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 00:39 - Mar 24 by Highjack

Remain indoors.

This is where it gets difficult. Some of those symptoms I suffer from literally every day and weren't we told runny noses and reproductive coughs weren't corona symptoms? Or did I miss something?

All 3 of us have had a cold, runny noses and sore throats for weeks, not bad colds but just enough to be annoying. Have we had or do we have Corona? We've not had coughs or fevers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 24 with 1635 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting read about Japan and the way things are going there. An Asian nation with the oldest population in the World should be getting a hammering, but with even less restrictions than other nations have put in place they seem to be doing OK.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/japans-winning-its-quiet-fight-against-covid-19/

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 09:57 - Mar 24 with 1625 viewsCountyJim

You couldn't make it up ITV giving away a Spa Break as part of prize package
Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 24 with 1604 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

Interesting read about Japan and the way things are going there. An Asian nation with the oldest population in the World should be getting a hammering, but with even less restrictions than other nations have put in place they seem to be doing OK.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/japans-winning-its-quiet-fight-against-covid-19/

Maybe that's why they were slow cancelling the Olympics? They're not suffering as bad as other countries so just thought we'll carry on?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 10:02 - Mar 24 with 1605 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 24 by Catullus

Maybe that's why they were slow cancelling the Olympics? They're not suffering as bad as other countries so just thought we'll carry on?

Could be.

If they have got a grip on this economically they'll be nicely poised on the other side of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 1582 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:43 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

Watch out you will have the STAYIN gestapo on to you on here mind

Maybe so but around where I live most people have been distancing for weeks. It's only when we've gone to the shops we've seen crowding. I did our usual shop about 10 days back but since then I've been looking when driving past and if somewhere is quiet I've nipped in and got some stuff. Yesterday morning Lidl Morriston was dead quiet at 8.30 so I popped in. I got to ASDA, the car park was pretty full at around 9.15.

Right now, if we are careful, cut down on portions a bit, we can probably go a week/10 days and all we'd need is bread and fruit. I'll carry on looking and stopping only when quiet as much as I can....before anyone chimes in, that will only be when I've taken my wife to work in Morriston hospital and I'm on my way home. Otherwise the car isn't moving.

Corona Virus on 10:30 - Mar 24 with 1544 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 07:11 - Mar 24 by Highjack

I’m one of them.

Same

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Mar 24 with 1513 viewssainthelens

I've a feeling last night's announcement could well be just another stage of lockdown. They'll test the water, as I think they wanna stop scenes like we saw the weekend. Once they realise people still don't give a fck, then expect the police to start pulling over all and sundry come next week. I've been out all morning dropping off car for mot/going for walk, and thers literally seemingly no change in people's movements from yesterday.
Corona Virus on 10:42 - Mar 24 with 1512 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not happening.Shops are still crowding.Is there somewhere we can report these shops etc?
Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 24 with 1511 viewstaffpunk

In the Rhondda, builders are just carrying on as if nothing has happened, my son works in a factory that makes windows-they're open, my other son runs a Scaffolding firm, working as normal,my brother in law's Conservatory firm are working.

Nothing's really changed, except most Shops have closed. This isn't going to end well.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:56]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Corona Virus on 10:46 - Mar 24 with 1500 viewsEbo

Corona Virus on 10:06 - Mar 24 by Catullus

Maybe so but around where I live most people have been distancing for weeks. It's only when we've gone to the shops we've seen crowding. I did our usual shop about 10 days back but since then I've been looking when driving past and if somewhere is quiet I've nipped in and got some stuff. Yesterday morning Lidl Morriston was dead quiet at 8.30 so I popped in. I got to ASDA, the car park was pretty full at around 9.15.

Right now, if we are careful, cut down on portions a bit, we can probably go a week/10 days and all we'd need is bread and fruit. I'll carry on looking and stopping only when quiet as much as I can....before anyone chimes in, that will only be when I've taken my wife to work in Morriston hospital and I'm on my way home. Otherwise the car isn't moving.

My mate is a keyworker and was off to work this morning and he drove past Lidl in Aberdare - it was rammed with cars outside. :(

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 10:59 - Mar 24 with 1459 viewsThrasher6

China lifting the lickdown in Hubei Province..."Hubei has seen almost no new infections for more than a week"
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/china-to-lift-lockdown-in-most-of-vir

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Corona Virus on 11:09 - Mar 24 with 1433 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 10:59 - Mar 24 by Thrasher6

China lifting the lickdown in Hubei Province..."Hubei has seen almost no new infections for more than a week"
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/china-to-lift-lockdown-in-most-of-vir

I'm still waiting for Mrs SH to lift the lickdown shes imposed
Corona Virus on 11:20 - Mar 24 with 1408 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 11:09 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

I'm still waiting for Mrs SH to lift the lickdown shes imposed

You might be waiting a while SH
Corona Virus on 11:26 - Mar 24 with 1392 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 11:20 - Mar 24 by Fireboy2

You might be waiting a while SH

Thers a stunning pcso that patroles my area, I'll be taking 2 daily exercises to see if she'll have a chat with me.
Corona Virus on 11:27 - Mar 24 with 1394 viewsjasper_T

It was such a soft lockdown with so many exceptions and grey areas people are naturally all going to justify what they want to do as fine and/or important. So many people going to take up walking as their new hobby.

Might have made a difference to announce it like that two weeks ago, but we're in need of drastic measures, not half ones just in a more serious tone than before.
Corona Virus on 11:33 - Mar 24 with 1378 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 24 by taffpunk

In the Rhondda, builders are just carrying on as if nothing has happened, my son works in a factory that makes windows-they're open, my other son runs a Scaffolding firm, working as normal,my brother in law's Conservatory firm are working.

Nothing's really changed, except most Shops have closed. This isn't going to end well.

People still have to have repairs done your house don't listen to the government advice
Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 24 with 1359 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Mar 24 by taffpunk

I don’t get it Phil, WTF is going on in people’s minds.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Mar 24 with 1351 viewstaffpunk

Corona Virus on 11:39 - Mar 24 by NotLoyal

I don’t get it Phil, WTF is going on in people’s minds.

There's a photo just starting to do the rounds on FB of Griffin Windows in Treorchy, staff standing around, barely 2 feet apart, never mind 2 metres. Madness.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Corona Virus on 12:00 - Mar 24 with 1326 viewsSoberBaker

Corona Virus on 10:41 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

I've a feeling last night's announcement could well be just another stage of lockdown. They'll test the water, as I think they wanna stop scenes like we saw the weekend. Once they realise people still don't give a fck, then expect the police to start pulling over all and sundry come next week. I've been out all morning dropping off car for mot/going for walk, and thers literally seemingly no change in people's movements from yesterday.

Roads around my way just as busy - a normal Tuesday.

Just been talking to a copper that is about to go and sit up by Fairwood training ground looking for motorists with two or more occupants heading down The Gower taking the piss though.

AMOW

Corona Virus on 12:01 - Mar 24 with 1321 viewscontroversial_jack

It's time to name and shame
Corona Virus on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 1288 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 09:58 - Mar 24 by Catullus

Cancelled to 2021

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 1267 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 11:26 - Mar 24 by sainthelens

Thers a stunning pcso that patroles my area, I'll be taking 2 daily exercises to see if she'll have a chat with me.

Does she know what's in store for her
Corona Virus on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 2072 viewsBadgeman

When they beat this it will be Trumps victory. God I've never wanted trump to win anything so much in my entire life.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024