Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432460 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:07 - Mar 26 with 2241 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Mar 26 by A_Fans_Dad

What hospital Jim?

Royal Gwent
Corona Virus on 20:20 - Mar 26 with 2188 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:07 - Mar 26 by CountyJim

Royal Gwent

Taking a bit of a hammering then.
Keep safe.
Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 26 with 2126 viewsKilkennyjack

More bollox from No10 ...

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 22:32 - Mar 26 with 2032 viewsDrizzy

Corona Virus on 20:49 - Mar 26 by Kilkennyjack

More bollox from No10 ...

Initial response: "We're not part of the EU"
Later: "We didn't see the email."

Staggering. Ideological zealots whose incompetence may cost lives. I'm sure one of their subjects will be along shortly, telling us all it would be worse if Dianne Abbott was health secretary.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Corona Virus on 22:34 - Mar 26 with 2018 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 22:32 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Initial response: "We're not part of the EU"
Later: "We didn't see the email."

Staggering. Ideological zealots whose incompetence may cost lives. I'm sure one of their subjects will be along shortly, telling us all it would be worse if Dianne Abbott was health secretary.

It’s Diane with one N don’t be so ignorant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 22:43 - Mar 26 with 2005 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:51 - Mar 26 by chad

‘Ultimately you can only stop an outbreak by blocking transmission routes or making a population resistant or immune’

Or by the virus itself mutating to be less lethal to its hosts?

As it adapts to being a ‘human’ virus it should get less lethal. Death of the host is a bad transmission route
Corona Virus on 22:52 - Mar 26 with 1982 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 13:47 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

I’m not at the bloody wheel, you utter moron. None of us are.

There’s no one on this thread holding the government to account.

There is no personal abuse - it was a genuine question.

None of us have any influence in this whatsoever apart from on our own behaviour and the behaviours of those around us.

We are all powerless. We can either latch on to every single piece of negative comment to knock the government or we can attempt to retain some sort of sanity. Neither will impact what’s done, it will only impact the mental health of those around us.

I have made every single effort i can to avoid social interaction for weeks. As I live in London and I believe that makes it easier for those in essential services. That is ALL I can do apart from help people who are more vulnerable than I am.

It’s not a moment for political point scoring and ‘I told you so’. The time for that will be after this is over and we see what actually happened and what we could have done differently. At present none of us know.

I choose not to revel in every bit of bad news. I don’t give a sh*t who the PM is at the moment. I just want the country as a whole to do as well as is possible.

Wow, you've got up arrows from those of us who are all across the political spectrum. Bringing people together, I guess.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 22:57 - Mar 26 with 1962 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 22:34 - Mar 26 by Darran

It’s Diane with one N don’t be so ignorant.

That's your best, most considered, response? Seriously?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 23:07 - Mar 26 with 1941 viewsDarran

None of us have any influence in this whatsoever apart from on our own behaviour and the behaviours of those around us.

We are all powerless. We can either latch on to every single piece of negative comment to knock the government or we can attempt to retain some sort of sanity. Neither will impact what’s done, it will only impact the mental health of those around us.

I have made every single effort i can to avoid social interaction for weeks. As I live in London and I believe that makes it easier for those in essential services. That is ALL I can do apart from help people who are more vulnerable than I am.

It’s not a moment for political point scoring and ‘I told you so’. The time for that will be after this is over and we see what actually happened and what we could have done differently. At present none of us know.

I choose not to revel in every bit of bad news. I don’t give a sh*t who the PM is at the moment. I just want the country as a whole to do as well as is possible.

Magnificent.

Corona Virus on 23:10 - Mar 26 with 1932 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 22:57 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

That's your best, most considered, response? Seriously?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again,one of the problems in modern day Britain is the total lack of humour and that people take things far too seriously. I’m not one of them.
Fuçk off.

Corona Virus on 23:50 - Mar 26 with 1885 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 23:10 - Mar 26 by Darran

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again,one of the problems in modern day Britain is the total lack of humour and that people take things far too seriously. I’m not one of them.
Fuçk off.

I like you too. Seriously. This site wouldn't be as interesting without you. But you are wrong.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:53]

Corona Virus on 23:52 - Mar 26 with 1882 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 23:50 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

I like you too. Seriously. This site wouldn't be as interesting without you. But you are wrong.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:53]

I love you really.

Corona Virus on 00:05 - Mar 27 with 1865 viewsLeonWasGod

“I don’t give a sh*t who the PM is at the moment. I just want the country as a whole to do as well as is possible.”

Don’t we all, but the two are linked. Take today’s shameful behaviour around the EU ventilator procurement scheme as a case in point. There shouldn’t be any time when any government isn’t challenged by the opposition and media. If anything they should be scrutinised more now because the stakes are higher.
Corona Virus on 06:27 - Mar 27 with 1755 viewsKilkennyjack

If it was a genuine question, then its you who are the ‘utter moron’.
Your words.

You have been wrong on this topic since this thread started.
Ill informed and half asleep.

And you know it - hence the tantrum after tantrum.

Grow up. You are like a child.

Corona Virus on 06:28 - Mar 27 with 1753 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 00:05 - Mar 27 by LeonWasGod

“I don’t give a sh*t who the PM is at the moment. I just want the country as a whole to do as well as is possible.”

Don’t we all, but the two are linked. Take today’s shameful behaviour around the EU ventilator procurement scheme as a case in point. There shouldn’t be any time when any government isn’t challenged by the opposition and media. If anything they should be scrutinised more now because the stakes are higher.

Exactly.

Corona Virus on 08:27 - Mar 27 with 1661 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 19:09 - Mar 26 by Catullus

Ok but still, would it have slowed down the spread of the virus and given us more time to prepare?
When you talk abour sustainability do we have to bear in mind how many lunatics have ignored social distancing even since lockdown? Would having lockdown earlier (including testing and quarantine) have preventined Covid19 getting such a strong foothold or would even more people have taken it too lightly? I guess we'll never know.

This idea that very many of us may already have had it before we even heard about it, I've been hearing this from neighbours, from friends....not face to face I must add.... and the 3 of us have been chesty, wheezy, runny noses etc on and off since Christmas, I don't often get colds, I'm normally quite resistant maybe because of years of working outside, is that a valid thought Prof?

The problem is it’s easy to fit cold (which is caused by a range of viruses) and flu symptoms to that of CoVid19 .
I have had respiratory problems from infection since last summer and one of the three bouts fits the symptoms. But it’s probably something else. It does show the need of an antibody-based test though
Corona Virus on 09:29 - Mar 27 with 1588 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 08:27 - Mar 27 by Professor

The problem is it’s easy to fit cold (which is caused by a range of viruses) and flu symptoms to that of CoVid19 .
I have had respiratory problems from infection since last summer and one of the three bouts fits the symptoms. But it’s probably something else. It does show the need of an antibody-based test though

You could be patient zero!!
Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 27 with 1550 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 19:09 - Mar 26 by Catullus

Ok but still, would it have slowed down the spread of the virus and given us more time to prepare?
When you talk abour sustainability do we have to bear in mind how many lunatics have ignored social distancing even since lockdown? Would having lockdown earlier (including testing and quarantine) have preventined Covid19 getting such a strong foothold or would even more people have taken it too lightly? I guess we'll never know.

This idea that very many of us may already have had it before we even heard about it, I've been hearing this from neighbours, from friends....not face to face I must add.... and the 3 of us have been chesty, wheezy, runny noses etc on and off since Christmas, I don't often get colds, I'm normally quite resistant maybe because of years of working outside, is that a valid thought Prof?

This is what a doctor said, "Most people in December/January + had ... "Aussie Flu" rather than COVID-19" ...

I found this article from January ...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/australian-flu-symptoms-how-treat-1410
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 10:03]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 11:21 - Mar 27 with 1453 viewsCountyJim

So Bojo gets tested but i can't unbelievable
Corona Virus on 11:24 - Mar 27 with 1447 viewsOldjack

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.
Mr Johnson has mild symptoms and will self-isolate in Downing Street.
"He was tested for coronavirus on the personal advice of England's chief medical officer, Professor Chris Whitty," a statement said.
He will still be in charge of the government's handling of the crisis, the statement added.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 11:26 - Mar 27 with 1439 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 11:24 - Mar 27 by Oldjack

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.
"He was tested for coronavirus on the personal advice of England's chief medical officer, Professor Chris Whitty," a statement said.
He will still be in charge of the government's handling of the crisis, the statement added.

Pity mun.

Corona Virus on 11:27 - Mar 27 with 1435 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 11:26 - Mar 27 by Darran

Pity mun.

no ones safe ,stay lucky my friend

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 11:40 - Mar 27 with 1401 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:24 - Mar 27 by Oldjack

The malingering bastard just fancied two weeks off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 27 with 1393 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Corona Virus on 11:21 - Mar 27 by CountyJim

So Bojo gets tested but i can't unbelievable

I think he does more for the country than you.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Corona Virus on 11:45 - Mar 27 with 1664 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 09:29 - Mar 27 by LeonWasGod

You could be patient zero!!

Well I had it when I went to a conference in Bangkok in September. Plenty of Chinese there too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024