Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown by Saturday 22:47 - Mar 18 with 3908 viewsdickythorpe

A good idea?
Lockdown by Saturday on 10:50 - Mar 19 with 1100 viewspencoedjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:52 - Mar 18 by majorraglan

Most people will get it, but the youngsters are going to take some persuading to stick by it as are the CHAVs and the delinquents who frequently break the law. They may need locking up!

I drove past my local last night & the mid 50's / 60 year old blokes who drink there every night there continue to do so.

One of them lives at home with his 80 + mother

Fuking idiots
Lockdown by Saturday on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 1099 viewsCatullus

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:30 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

I tell the wife the World doesn't run to how she thinks it should and I say the same to you, money is always an issue, we have food banks for crying out loud, we have homeless people for crying out loud, money should not be an issue you say but it is.

Seriously?

I know money is an issue and I say it shouldn't be and though you seem to agree with me you still try to make an issue out of it?

That is why you get called a Troll.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lockdown by Saturday on 11:12 - Mar 19 with 1084 viewsladyjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:52 - Mar 19 by Catullus

Seriously?

I know money is an issue and I say it shouldn't be and though you seem to agree with me you still try to make an issue out of it?

That is why you get called a Troll.

I'm not making an issue of it, stop being abusive and name calling, you are saying the same thing on loop, that's what you said.
Lockdown by Saturday on 11:19 - Mar 19 with 1057 viewsladyjack

I think lockdown is coming, there is talk that they may lockdown London first and then the rest of the country later.
Lockdown by Saturday on 11:37 - Mar 19 with 1042 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Lockdown by Saturday on 22:57 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

I'm all for village pubs being open to locals but going to city centres where no one knows the person next to you, where they've been or in contact with, is idiotic when you consider all the advice we've been given.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:04]

Makes sense to phase it in, as you say start in the biggest Cities or hotspots if you live in the country still be careful but maybe we could go on a few weeks longer without total lockdown?

It is going to spread let's just try and slow it to a manageable level for the NHS to be able to cope.

And mist essentially the Elderly and people with critical conditions should definitely be on lockdown, with a safe tested uninfected carer or on their own, with food delivered and cleaned at the door.
Lockdown by Saturday on 11:38 - Mar 19 with 1035 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Lockdown by Saturday on 11:19 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

I think lockdown is coming, there is talk that they may lockdown London first and then the rest of the country later.

Makes sense London is obviously worst affected as so many people travelling in and out from the rest of the World.
Lockdown by Saturday on 12:00 - Mar 19 with 1010 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lockdown by Saturday on 22:59 - Mar 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Other countries have looked at their numbers and imposed it. From what I see we are working to help people understand the urgency and make their own choice, when people decide for themselves they are more likely to take lasting action; the most effective approach to behaviour change.

The messages need to be reinforced across all media the news media need a rocket put under them. Pubs and restuarants provide a good indicator of how well people are accepting the change, if they empty themselves that would be a good sign that people understand the link between social contact, infection rates , NHS pressure and saving lives.

The step by step strategy to behaviour change is sound in principle but we have little time, if the elderly and vulnerable isolate themselves that looks like a good result.

This is very tough stuff in very short time.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:02]

Very much this.
However there are many selfish people about who couldn't give a toss about the old & or infirm, especially younger people.
It is a case of "I am alright Jack" and sod the rest of you, I am going to carry on as if nothing is happening.
If they get the virus they can easily take it home to the rest of their family.

The Family in the USA is a classic example, they had a family get together and a friend with COVID19 came along, he died on the 10th, the 73 year old grandmother died yesterday and 2 of her sons died the day before, 4 others are critical.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 12:14]
Lockdown by Saturday on 12:07 - Mar 19 with 1003 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:14 - Mar 18 by Wingstandwood

I saw a picture of a packed London Tube Train today and the commuters were enclosed in a confined space, all packed in and they looked so vulnerable.

I mentioned on another thread about future civil defence type initiatives/preparedness akin to old WW2 issuing of gas masks to everyone. I bet if those communicators were offered a surgical standard masks and gloves everyone would have taken what was offered.

It was bloody disgraceful, because there were less travellers, they cut the trains so that we ended up with being packed in like sardines again.
Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown by Saturday on 12:12 - Mar 19 with 1000 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lockdown by Saturday on 10:14 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

That is difficult to do as the elderly peopl children (middle aged) and their grandchildren might well give it to them.
The Chinese tried to avoid that by proper isolation of the that were I'll, we seem to be looking at isolating our people within the family unit which means they might all get it, I don't think we got the money or resources to do what the Chinese did.

It is not just the money & resources, it is the power and control of the government.
China is not a democracy, when the government says jump they all jump.
You can just imagine the reaction to that here.
Lockdown by Saturday on 12:14 - Mar 19 with 994 viewsladyjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 12:12 - Mar 19 by A_Fans_Dad

It is not just the money & resources, it is the power and control of the government.
China is not a democracy, when the government says jump they all jump.
You can just imagine the reaction to that here.

Indeed
Lockdown by Saturday on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 934 viewsraynor94

No imminent lockdown needed in Wales at this moment in time, just announced by our great leader.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lockdown by Saturday on 15:09 - Mar 19 with 871 viewsJackSomething

Lockdown by Saturday on 11:19 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

When you say 'talk', do you mean Professor's post in this thread saying exactly that around 16 hours ago?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 15:09]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Lockdown by Saturday on 19:53 - Mar 19 with 795 viewsladyjack

Lockdown by Saturday on 15:09 - Mar 19 by JackSomething

When you say 'talk', do you mean Professor's post in this thread saying exactly that around 16 hours ago?

No I don't actually, but where is this post anyway that you refer too ?, I can't see it or any post come to that by the Prof on this thread ?

PS Crikey I had the Prof accidentally on ignore no wonder I didn't see his post - me bad.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 19:58]
Lockdown by Saturday on 20:11 - Mar 19 with 766 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lockdown by Saturday on 15:09 - Mar 19 by JackSomething

Not to mention all newspapers and the BBC.

Trampie is right, there certainly is talk.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Lockdown by Saturday on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 750 viewsBillyChong

Lockdown by Saturday on 23:20 - Mar 18 by Pegojack

I think Brits are not understanding the full extent of the sh1tshow because you are a few weeks behind the continent in terms of the spread of the desease, so it hasn't fully hit home yet.
They have recognised it on the continent, which is why we are all in lockdown.
From what I can understand, there are many asymptomatic positive virus carriers wandering around unknowingly infecting other people, which is mainly how it spreads so rapidly. By the time they start showing symptoms and can be isolated, they've infected many others. The only way to slow this process down is a lockdown.
Boris is way out of his depth and Britain is going to pay the price for not acting sooner.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:50]

Any leader with half a brain would look at Italy’s growing stats and impose a lockdown.
Lockdown by Saturday on 16:42 - Mar 21 with 629 viewsJack123

People are just stupid, from what I gather they are still holding the car boot sale down the high street tomorrow, and not listening to anyone's concerns. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=high%20street%20car%20boot%20sale&epa=SEA

https://www.facebook.com/steffan.davies.56?__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARDn7ZqS4OCsvEvC

Bloody idiots, surprised the council even let them do it.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 16:43]

libera nos a malo

Lockdown by Saturday on 17:02 - Mar 21 with 596 viewsFireboy2

Lockdown by Saturday on 20:34 - Mar 19 by BillyChong

Any leader with half a brain would look at Italy’s growing stats and impose a lockdown.

Been saying this for weeks.

It's just plain arrogance.

We are British so are better than anyone else
Lockdown by Saturday on 20:16 - Mar 21 with 549 viewsmajorraglan

Do the police have the resources to enforce a lockdown? I would have thought the army would be needed to help.
Lockdown by Saturday on 21:15 - Mar 21 with 516 viewsladyjack

If we are unlucky enough to start to go down the same unfortunate route as Italy then surely we would have to lockdown, would food rationing help keep people off the streets or not I wonder ?
Lockdown by Saturday on 21:41 - Mar 21 with 495 viewsFireboy2

A mate of mine got back from feuteventura after a tour of Europe and he reckons that we arent far from lock down.

Its upto us to make sure it doesnt happen by doing what has been recommended.

Keep safe people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024