Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi Sunak 18:20 - Mar 26 with 4917 viewsLohengrin

I don’t know what impression he’s giving the rest of you but I have to say that in the midst of this dilemma I’ve found him calm, measured and quietly impressive.

Just imagine with a different roll of the dice that could have been Diane Abbott stood there!

If Carlsberg did lucky escapes, eh?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rishi Sunak on 23:41 - Mar 26 with 1164 viewsEbo

Rishi Sunak on 23:35 - Mar 26 by raynor94

A tsunami of deaths arriving in the next two weeks, and all you do is consistently politically point score.

How very sad.

It's not point-scoring at all, it's bloody common sense as these doctors and nurses are at breaking point and should be given all the help in the world. Cancelling their debts is the least that can be done.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:42]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Rishi Sunak on 23:44 - Mar 26 with 1154 viewsDrizzy

A tsunami of deaths arriving in the next two weeks, and all you do is consistently politically point score.

How very sad.

Do you think the underfunding of the NHS is in any way related to the impact of this virus?

Of course, people are going to be talking about politics when political decisions have left our health service under-equipped to deal with this crisis.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Rishi Sunak on 23:49 - Mar 26 with 1147 viewsDarran

Rishi Sunak on 23:41 - Mar 26 by Ebo

It's not point-scoring at all, it's bloody common sense as these doctors and nurses are at breaking point and should be given all the help in the world. Cancelling their debts is the least that can be done.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:42]

Yes it is. Every single post you make is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rishi Sunak on 23:51 - Mar 26 with 1145 viewsDarran

Rishi Sunak on 23:44 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Do you think the underfunding of the NHS is in any way related to the impact of this virus?

Of course, people are going to be talking about politics when political decisions have left our health service under-equipped to deal with this crisis.

Yes it is but I think what we need to do just for the next few weeks at the least is all get in the same boat and row in the same direction.
Just the next few weeks that’s all.

Rishi Sunak on 00:11 - Mar 27 with 1127 viewsraynor94

Rishi Sunak on 23:44 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

How about Italy and Spain, is underfunding there related to the impact of the virus?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rishi Sunak on 00:16 - Mar 27 with 1119 viewsDrizzy

Rishi Sunak on 00:11 - Mar 27 by raynor94

How about Italy and Spain, is underfunding there related to the impact of the virus?

Probably. I don't know enough about Italian and Spanish politics. I do know they both have significantly more critical care beds per person than us though, despite their economic woes.

I wonder why that is?

Rishi Sunak on 09:38 - Mar 27 with 963 viewsLeonWasGod

Rishi Sunak on 00:16 - Mar 27 by Drizzy

Probably. I don't know enough about Italian and Spanish politics. I do know they both have significantly more critical care beds per person than us though, despite their economic woes.

I wonder why that is?

They've got quicker access to essential, appropriate protective equipment, medial hardware and drugs too.

Having said that, in New York some nurses are literally having to make their own gear out of black bin bags. We're slightly better than that (although our flimsy aprons won't offer any more protection).

Undoubtedly we could be in a better place to meet this challenge. But even then it would have been difficult. It might have kept our medical staff safer and saved a few more lives though, which is probably pretty important to those people.
Rishi Sunak on 09:51 - Mar 27 with 947 viewsPegojack

In the case of Spain at least, the rapid spread is being put down to poor decisions being made at the start of the crisis, in effect not taking it seriously enough, not banning mass rallies, not preventing travel, etc, etc. The Guardian did an in-depth article on it this week, if you're interested. I can't help feeing the UK is in the same boat.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 9:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Rishi Sunak on 09:52 - Mar 27 with 947 viewsJackSomething

How very sad.

That's what this entire thread is. Waiting until Ebo posted to get involved says more about you than anything else.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Rishi Sunak on 10:59 - Mar 27 with 885 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The USA spends more per person on healthcare than just about any other country and their death toll is soaring.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rishi Sunak on 11:07 - Mar 27 with 870 viewsjack_lord

Rishi Sunak on 10:59 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

The USA spends more per person on healthcare than just about any other country and their death toll is soaring.

Is that a skewed representation of spending because everything is so damned expensive there though?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Rishi Sunak on 11:18 - Mar 27 with 856 viewssherpajacob

Rishi Sunak on 11:07 - Mar 27 by jack_lord

Is that a skewed representation of spending because everything is so damned expensive there though?

The USA has the best healthcare money can buy....

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rishi Sunak on 11:38 - Mar 27 with 830 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rishi Sunak on 11:18 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

The USA has the best healthcare money can buy....

Only for half the population who an afford health insurance.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rishi Sunak on 11:42 - Mar 27 with 828 viewsNeath_Jack

You lot in here arguing about politics!

I've spent the morning, though work, at a high dependency unit for covid patients. We are doing emergency work to install extra oxygen lines to cope with the demand.

Not one nurse, doctor or consultant even mentioned under payment, lack of staff or any political party.

I felt (and still do) physically and emotionally drained coming out of there, so i cannot begin to imagine how those magnificent staff feel. Seeing those poor nurses donned in their full "battle regalia" was truly humbling.

Leave it for another time for f*ck sake.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rishi Sunak on 11:46 - Mar 27 with 821 viewssainthelens

Rishi Sunak on 11:42 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

I've spent the morning, though work, at a high dependency unit for covid patients. We are doing emergency work to install extra oxygen lines to cope with the demand.

Not one nurse, doctor or consultant even mentioned under payment, lack of staff or any political party.

I felt (and still do) physically and emotionally drained coming out of there, so i cannot begin to imagine how those magnificent staff feel. Seeing those poor nurses donned in their full "battle regalia" was truly humbling.

Ignore the tw@ts buddy, you are doing amazingly. Wer behind you all the way.
Rishi Sunak on 11:47 - Mar 27 with 819 viewslondonlisa2001

Thank you for what you are doing.
Rishi Sunak on 11:50 - Mar 27 with 811 viewssherpajacob

Rishi Sunak on 11:38 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

Only for half the population who an afford health insurance.

Accrington Stanley

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rishi Sunak on 11:53 - Mar 27 with 804 viewsDarran

Beautifully put,there’s a time and a place and the next couple of weeks certainly isn’t it.

Oh and you’re a fuçking legend too. 🙌🏻

Rishi Sunak on 12:30 - Mar 27 with 766 viewsDrizzy

Discussing politics on a messageboard isn't going to detract from the magnificence of any NHS worker.

You have no right to tell people to "leave it for another time" when political decisions mean their loved ones go into work every day without PPE, treating potential coronavirus patients who haven't been tested.

Rishi Sunak on 13:11 - Mar 27 with 735 viewsLeonWasGod

Although they have got an idiot in charge who dismissed it as a hoax and told people not to worry, or to drink aquarium cleaner as a cure.
Rishi Sunak on 13:45 - Mar 27 with 713 viewssainthelens

Rishi Sunak on 12:30 - Mar 27 by Drizzy

Discussing politics on a messageboard isn't going to detract from the magnificence of any NHS worker.

You have no right to tell people to "leave it for another time" when political decisions mean their loved ones go into work every day without PPE, treating potential coronavirus patients who haven't been tested.

Give the guy a break FFS. A simple well done and thank you to him wouldn't go amiss
Rishi Sunak on 13:52 - Mar 27 with 701 viewsladyjack

Inequality init.
Rishi Sunak on 18:48 - Mar 27 with 620 viewsCatullus

Rishi Sunak on 11:53 - Mar 27 by Darran

Beautifully put,there’s a time and a place and the next couple of weeks certainly isn’t it.

Oh and you’re a fuçking legend too. 🙌🏻

What Darran said....including one boat, same direction, please. Pulling against each other isn't going to help.

PS Neathy, chin up, whatever anyone said politically, everyone is behind all the people on the front lines.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024