Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piers this morning 08:56 - Apr 16 with 7493 viewsraynor94

Interviewing Hancock, who admits 15000 people are arriving daily through Heathrow, from places like New York and Italy, and don't get tested.

Just allowed to mingle, truly staggering!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piers this morning on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 2917 viewsCatullus

He insists we were well prepared, he insists they are following expert advice. These experts, they seem less knowledgeable than fossilised cow dung.

New Zealand acted swiftly, locked down quickly and look at them now, 9 deaths.

Piers ripped him another new one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Piers this morning on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 2912 viewsbuilthjack

This government simply haven't a clue. They are following Trump.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piers this morning on 09:24 - Apr 16 with 2866 viewsFireboy2

I am simply astonished at the OP.

These w@nkers want us to basically be prisoners in our own homes then allow 15k daily in from countries who are badly affected.

This beggars belief.
Piers this morning on 09:26 - Apr 16 with 2861 viewsdickythorpe

Piers this morning on 09:02 - Apr 16 by builthjack

This government simply haven't a clue. They are following Trump.

And Trump thinks the USA is over the worst now.

This Heathrow not screening arrivals has been a problem at least since February.
Piers this morning on 09:43 - Apr 16 with 2811 viewsdickythorpe

The tubes carry on as normal really.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8220389/TfL-tells-key-worker-snap-packe
Piers this morning on 09:47 - Apr 16 with 2800 viewsdunvantjack100

I know of someone who flew into Heathrow on Sunday, he said he was expecting to be quizzed on why he was travelling etc, but had nothing.

There wasn’t even passport control, off the plane and straight through to arrivals.

Truly astonishing.
Piers this morning on 09:51 - Apr 16 with 2793 viewsProfessor

Piers this morning on 09:43 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

The tubes carry on as normal really.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8220389/TfL-tells-key-worker-snap-packe

I would question how true all of this is-given both a large number of TfL staff being affected and the political motivation of 'The Mail' against Sadiq Khan. I would also question how many of these are 'key workers' travelling.
Piers this morning on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 2782 viewssainthelens

Piers this morning on 09:24 - Apr 16 by Fireboy2

These w@nkers want us to basically be prisoners in our own homes then allow 15k daily in from countries who are badly affected.

This beggars belief.

This with bells on.
Each minister daily now is being made to look like the lying manipulating cvnts they are. The likes of Peston et al all fall into the shade regarding the questioning that Piers conducts.
Login to get fewer ads

Piers this morning on 09:54 - Apr 16 with 2777 viewsNotLoyal

Piers this morning on 09:24 - Apr 16 by Fireboy2

This beggars belief.

3 flights a day in from China.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Piers this morning on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 2762 viewsdickythorpe

Piers this morning on 09:51 - Apr 16 by Professor

I would question how true all of this is-given both a large number of TfL staff being affected and the political motivation of 'The Mail' against Sadiq Khan. I would also question how many of these are 'key workers' travelling.

I don't like the Mail, but the pictures surely prove no social distancing is being followed on the underground.

If I have 5 mates round today in the garden I guarantee old bill will turn up......why aren't they turning up elsewhere?

Although I did hear they moved people on in pontypridd a few days ago as it was too many together.
Piers this morning on 10:18 - Apr 16 with 2717 viewschad

Piers this morning on 09:01 - Apr 16 by Catullus

He insists we were well prepared, he insists they are following expert advice. These experts, they seem less knowledgeable than fossilised cow dung.

‘These experts, they seem less knowledgeable than fossilised cow dung. ‘ :)

Now now be fair they have meetings and everything

Piers this morning on 10:22 - Apr 16 with 2699 viewsProfessor

Piers this morning on 09:57 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

I don't like the Mail, but the pictures surely prove no social distancing is being followed on the underground.

If I have 5 mates round today in the garden I guarantee old bill will turn up......why aren't they turning up elsewhere?

Although I did hear they moved people on in pontypridd a few days ago as it was too many together.

It would be interesting really know the level of crowding. It can look bad at one station or a single train, but perhaps if you are getting on at Tooting Broadway, Acton Town or Cockfosters the situation is different. It seems only the Mail is covering this-I think it is very agenda driven
Piers this morning on 10:25 - Apr 16 with 2692 viewsdickythorpe

I don't doubt the Mail have an agenda Prof for one minute.
I was just putting it out there that whilst we rightly clap and laud the superb NHS, other key workers are exposing themselves to God knows what.
Piers this morning on 10:28 - Apr 16 with 2683 viewsjack2jack

Indeed, i mentioned this in a thread weeks ago.
We should have closed all our borders months ago, when this all kicked off.
Anyone who was on holiday coming back into the country should have been tested and sent immediately home to self isolate as a matter of course.
Its not rocket science, and it appears that most if not all island nations who closed their airports and sea ports have faired much better.
The Government was too slow in acting.
Also they need to step up to the plate, forget all the bullshit and false promises, which they can get away with under normal circumstances, get the PPE to all that need it, and release monies to all the businesses and others that need it NOW.
Piers this morning on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2679 viewswaynekerr55

We're all sick and tired of experts, apparently...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Piers this morning on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 2674 viewsswancity

Piers this morning on 09:54 - Apr 16 by NotLoyal

3 flights a day in from China.

Is this true ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Piers this morning on 10:32 - Apr 16 with 2668 viewsdickythorpe

Piers this morning on 10:31 - Apr 16 by swancity

Is this true ?

Wouldn't surprise me.
Piers this morning on 10:34 - Apr 16 with 2666 viewsWxmJax

A friend on her way to New Zealand to see her son, after stopping off in Australia on the way, was told that she would have to go in to quarantine for 14 days once she reached New Zealand and they would decide where they sent her for the duration.

This was FIVE weeks ago.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Piers this morning on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 2655 viewsProfessor

Piers this morning on 10:25 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

I don't doubt the Mail have an agenda Prof for one minute.
I was just putting it out there that whilst we rightly clap and laud the superb NHS, other key workers are exposing themselves to God knows what.

Yes. I won't be clapping though. I admire the work and thankful for the dedication of health care professionals. Same with this Captain Tom. Good on him and he deserves recognition. But not for tasing £12million for the NHS. The funding should be coming from the taxes that corporations and individuals are allowed to evade and by reversing some of the tax breaks for the richest. I genuinely worry these event are masking the nasty truth of underfunding, poor pay and conditions that our key workers endure and the rank incompetence of government. As many are pointing out you don't need to be any expert to identify failings. I would prefer a rise of my 40% tax rate next year to 45%. Would bring in billions and I would lose perhaps £25 each month.
Piers this morning on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 2650 viewsraynor94

Piers this morning on 10:38 - Apr 16 by Professor

Yes. I won't be clapping though. I admire the work and thankful for the dedication of health care professionals. Same with this Captain Tom. Good on him and he deserves recognition. But not for tasing £12million for the NHS. The funding should be coming from the taxes that corporations and individuals are allowed to evade and by reversing some of the tax breaks for the richest. I genuinely worry these event are masking the nasty truth of underfunding, poor pay and conditions that our key workers endure and the rank incompetence of government. As many are pointing out you don't need to be any expert to identify failings. I would prefer a rise of my 40% tax rate next year to 45%. Would bring in billions and I would lose perhaps £25 each month.

Brilliant post👏

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piers this morning on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 2629 viewsbuilthjack

Piers this morning on 10:28 - Apr 16 by jack2jack

Indeed, i mentioned this in a thread weeks ago.
We should have closed all our borders months ago, when this all kicked off.
Anyone who was on holiday coming back into the country should have been tested and sent immediately home to self isolate as a matter of course.
Its not rocket science, and it appears that most if not all island nations who closed their airports and sea ports have faired much better.
The Government was too slow in acting.
Also they need to step up to the plate, forget all the bullshit and false promises, which they can get away with under normal circumstances, get the PPE to all that need it, and release monies to all the businesses and others that need it NOW.

This government has blood on its hands.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piers this morning on 10:54 - Apr 16 with 2618 viewsswancity

Piers this morning on 10:32 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

Wouldn't surprise me.

It would surprise me
That can’t be right surely

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Piers this morning on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 2603 viewsJoe_bradshaw

How ironic that this lot spouted endlessly about securing our borders during the Brexit debate. Now that it’s a matter of life and death they’re found wanting.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Piers this morning on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 2601 viewswaynekerr55

Piers this morning on 10:38 - Apr 16 by Professor

Spot on. There needs to be a balance, starting off witybblatant pìss taking by large corporations- how charging royalties on coffee beans was seen as avoidance as opposed to evasion baffles me.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Piers this morning on 11:03 - Apr 16 with 2592 viewsProfessor

Piers this morning on 10:50 - Apr 16 by builthjack

This government has blood on its hands.

Should have certainly looked at suspending flights from affected areas much sooner. Continued with community testing and contact tracing. Locked down about 10 days sooner. Banned public events much sooner (football did well here in self--closure). Prepared with adequate PPE, testing and ICU spaces. Two of my researcher are now engaged in virus sequencing (at Liverpool) and testing and Milton Keynes. We could and wanted to mobilise weeks ago. All of these were consensus opinion from every scientist I personally know. Boris and Cummings (and their crony Vallance, the CSA) acted to protect business first and listened to an outlier view on Herd Immunity driven by a behavioural scientist. The only one who has any credit in my book is Chris Whitty, the CMO, who was clearly acting with his hands tied. Still, we could have Trump...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024