Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fox Hunting - what do you think? 23:03 - Apr 20 with 6791 viewsPentyrchJack

Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 927 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:29 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Wasn't lagomorph on 'Take Hart'?

That was Morph’s gaolbird brother you’re thinking of.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:40 - Apr 21 with 923 viewsHighjack

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:03 - Apr 21 by Professor

Fish are much less sentient that a fox. Will experience more terror etc.

That’s ok then. As long as they only suffer a bit less pain, panic and terror it’s fine.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:42 - Apr 21 with 920 viewskarnataka

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 14:32 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

They don’t pack though, do they?

The ones round by me are very non aggressive and spend more time waiting for people to put out scraps than going through bins and terrorising pets. We’ve always had a cat around he place and the foxes have always cohabited peacefully with them. I think foxes are instinctively scared of cats, hence why some zoos sell tiger shit for you to put in the garden.

That's my experience too. We have foxes and badgers in our garden every single night and I know that because we have 2 infra-red motion activated cameras permanently set up. The only time there is more than one fox, it's a family group. We also see them in the fields in daylight and its either a lone adult or a family group. The farm next door has about 500 goats and the foxes never bother the kids but will go for their chickens if not in their coop.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 18:54 - Apr 21 with 889 viewsperplex

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 10:19 - Apr 21 by oldcob

Let me reiterate, I do NOT agree with fox hunting with dogs, but I think they will need to be controlled. It's cruel to poison rats too, but rats are not cute looking, so that's okay. Foxes will need to be controlled if not now, eventually.

Rats are cute looking.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 884 viewsperplex

No excuse for fox hunting, cruel as fcuk end of.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:13 - Apr 21 with 879 viewsProfessor

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 17:24 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Lagomorpha! You could have just said Hare and Rabbit mind.

Very good! Wonder if anyone else knew that
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 869 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:13 - Apr 21 by Professor

Very good! Wonder if anyone else knew that

If I hadn’t kept Beagles all my life (I’ve got six at the minute) chances are it wouldn’t have been in my lexicon either.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 862 viewsSwanjaxs

Genuine question...

If you put 1 fully grown, fit and healthy fox up against one fully grown, fit and healthy beagle, who would win in a "toe to toe"?

Personally I think the fox would tear the beagle another àsshole 👍

I love beagles BTW 🐕.

(and foxes, but I would never pat one like a beagle because the little fùcker would take my fingers clean off) 🦊

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:38 - Apr 21 with 849 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:31 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

Genuine question...

If you put 1 fully grown, fit and healthy fox up against one fully grown, fit and healthy beagle, who would win in a "toe to toe"?

I love beagles BTW 🐕.

(and foxes, but I would never pat one like a beagle because the little fùcker would take my fingers clean off) 🦊

Beagles are Hare hunters, they’re not bred for Fox, but in your scenario the Fox would run.

A Fox, Mink or Otter hound would kill it in an instant.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:41 - Apr 21 with 846 viewsSwanjaxs

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:38 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Beagles are Hare hunters, they’re not bred for Fox, but in your scenario the Fox would run.

A Fox, Mink or Otter hound would kill it in an instant.

Fair point, but if, and I'm not in anyway suggest anyone would, put a fox in with a beagle, last animal standing, the fox would come out on top?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:46 - Apr 21 with 838 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:41 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

Fair point, but if, and I'm not in anyway suggest anyone would, put a fox in with a beagle, last animal standing, the fox would come out on top?

One of mine would do for it, mate. Well, maybe not the pups just yet but they are only fourteen weeks.

There’s a BIG difference mind between strong, lean working Beagles and the KC registered lap pooches you see at Crufts.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:49 - Apr 21 with 831 viewsexiledclaseboy

My bichon would do ‘em.

Poll: Tory leader

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 827 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:49 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

My bichon would do ‘em.

They’ve been known to bring down a Stag.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 19:55]

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:55 - Apr 21 with 818 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:51 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

They’ve been known to bring down a Stag.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 19:55]

he runs away from birds most of the time. Well he used to, he can hardly see them now bless him.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 with 816 viewsSwanjaxs

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:46 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

One of mine would do for it, mate. Well, maybe not the pups just yet but they are only fourteen weeks.

There’s a BIG difference mind between strong, lean working Beagles and the KC registered lap pooches you see at Crufts.

Fair.

Foxes are sneaky little fùckas mind, but brawn would probably be the deciding factor i suppose...

Saying that my old man used to keep Jack russles back in the 70's.
I'd have put those little buggers up against most (they were raters mind)

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 with 815 viewslondonlisa2001

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:31 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

Genuine question...

I love beagles BTW 🐕.

Any fox in our garden over the years, (they’re everywhere in London) runs like a bat out of hell if our dog is let out when they happen to be there. And jumps over the fence with the dog in furious pursuit.

Foxes are tiny (they’re all fur) and always run from dogs.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 with 814 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:55 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

he runs away from birds most of the time. Well he used to, he can hardly see them now bless him.

Would you have another dog after his/her day?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:59 - Apr 21 with 805 viewsBrynCartwright

Always been very anti fox hunting. I understand that they can be very destructive when given the opportunity, and why farmers get very frustrated when entire flocks are destroyed for instance. Legally, they are well within their rights to destroy the vulpine killer by shooting them. Not got a problem with that, even though I'd still prefer the farmer built fox-proof animal housing.

Why, most of them think it is a great idea to let their peer group and well-off landowner chums get on horse-back and chase them with a pack of DOGS and to eventually tear them apart is beyond me. Cruelty beyond measure.

My ex-wife was brought up as a horse-loving, Young Farmer and Berkeley Hunt member, and when I was with her I guess I conformed my opinions to fit in with the family. Boxing Day meets and Pony Club were a Big Deal. Now, however, Oscar Wilde's statement absolutely rings true.

My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:00 - Apr 21 with 804 viewsdickythorpe

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Thinly veiled "take some of these pups off my hands!"
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 20:00]
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:00 - Apr 21 with 802 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

Fair.

Foxes are sneaky little fùckas mind, but brawn would probably be the deciding factor i suppose...

Saying that my old man used to keep Jack russles back in the 70's.
I'd have put those little buggers up against most (they were raters mind)

I used to have a Bedlington years ago and he was an absolutely dynamite ratter.

Absolute lunatic he was though, wanted to fight all the time and didn’t much care with what.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:01 - Apr 21 with 801 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

I hope so. I’ve considered this quite a lot recently. He’s knocking 15 now and while he’s in relatively good nick for his age we know it’s not going to last forever. Not sure how the wife would feel about it. She’s devoted to him and him her. No kids see. We’ll see.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:02 - Apr 21 with 801 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:00 - Apr 21 by dickythorpe

Thinly veiled "take some of these pups off my hands!"
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 20:00]

No. My girls are going nowhere. My heart swells fit to burst every time I lay eyes on them.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:04 - Apr 21 with 795 viewsSwanjaxs

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:56 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Any fox in our garden over the years, (they’re everywhere in London) runs like a bat out of hell if our dog is let out when they happen to be there. And jumps over the fence with the dog in furious pursuit.

Foxes are tiny (they’re all fur) and always run from dogs.

I came home from doing a nightshift last summer and was sitting down having a quick cupper before going to bed.
All of a sudden our house cat (she's an absolutely tiny Devon rex) stood up an all fours on the windowsill in the front room, cackling as she does when she sees a bird, giving it the big one.

I didn't take much notice at first, but this went on for about five minutes.

In the end I went over to see what all the fuss was about.

On the side wall, about 6 foot from the window was a full grown fox lining up his/hers next breakfast 🥴
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 20:06]

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 793 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:59 - Apr 21 by BrynCartwright

Always been very anti fox hunting. I understand that they can be very destructive when given the opportunity, and why farmers get very frustrated when entire flocks are destroyed for instance. Legally, they are well within their rights to destroy the vulpine killer by shooting them. Not got a problem with that, even though I'd still prefer the farmer built fox-proof animal housing.

Why, most of them think it is a great idea to let their peer group and well-off landowner chums get on horse-back and chase them with a pack of DOGS and to eventually tear them apart is beyond me. Cruelty beyond measure.

My ex-wife was brought up as a horse-loving, Young Farmer and Berkeley Hunt member, and when I was with her I guess I conformed my opinions to fit in with the family. Boxing Day meets and Pony Club were a Big Deal. Now, however, Oscar Wilde's statement absolutely rings true.

My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.

” My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.”

I feel her pain to be honest, Bryn.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 792 viewslondonlisa2001

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:59 - Apr 21 by BrynCartwright

Hunting is appalling.

If animals need to be killed, do so humanely. Not by breeding them in greater numbers to be hunted, chasing and terrorising them in the name of sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024