Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fox Hunting - what do you think? 23:03 - Apr 20 with 6792 viewsPentyrchJack

Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:09 - Apr 21 with 971 viewsdickythorpe

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:04 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

I came home from doing a nightshift last summer and was sitting down having a quick cupper before going to bed.
All of a sudden our house cat (she's an absolutely tiny Devon rex) stood up an all fours on the windowsill in the front room, cackling as she does when she sees a bird, giving it the big one.

I didn't take much notice at first, but this went on for about five minutes.

In the end I went over to see what all the fuss was about.

On the side wall, about 6 foot from the window was a full grown fox lining up his/hers next breakfast 🥴
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 20:06]

The fox had mislaid his watch probably.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:12 - Apr 21 with 970 viewsBrynCartwright

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:05 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

” My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.”

I feel her pain to be honest, Bryn.

I'm talking quite terribly offended that anyone should refer to them as anything but 'hounds'. WTF?

Never saw the issue myself. She grew up in central Bristol, not in Beaufort House or on a farm FFS.

Not sure why she thought ill of others for using the commonly used moniker of the creatures involved.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:13 - Apr 21 with 965 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:01 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

I hope so. I’ve considered this quite a lot recently. He’s knocking 15 now and while he’s in relatively good nick for his age we know it’s not going to last forever. Not sure how the wife would feel about it. She’s devoted to him and him her. No kids see. We’ll see.

I’ve got a fifteen-year-old Lurcher, Clase. The Lord alone know how he’s still alive, the rule of thumb says an animal that size should have gone four years or so ago.

German wire-haired Pointer x Bull Greyhound. Absolutely majestic in his pomp.

That CBD oil is some sort of magic elixir, it has to be!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:15 - Apr 21 with 960 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:12 - Apr 21 by BrynCartwright

I'm talking quite terribly offended that anyone should refer to them as anything but 'hounds'. WTF?

Never saw the issue myself. She grew up in central Bristol, not in Beaufort House or on a farm FFS.

Not sure why she thought ill of others for using the commonly used moniker of the creatures involved.

God forbid you would have said tail instead of ‘stern,’ she’d have keeled over.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:26 - Apr 21 with 945 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:13 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

I’ve got a fifteen-year-old Lurcher, Clase. The Lord alone know how he’s still alive, the rule of thumb says an animal that size should have gone four years or so ago.

German wire-haired Pointer x Bull Greyhound. Absolutely majestic in his pomp.

That CBD oil is some sort of magic elixir, it has to be!

It’s weird, much of the time he’s quite wobbly, he’s almost completely deaf and half blind. But the recent good weather and us being home all the time has livened him up a treat. He spent a good 20 minutes running around the back garden like a spring lamb earlier. Seemed to be thinking he was chasing something but god knows what.

Poll: Tory leader

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:27 - Apr 21 with 943 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:05 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Hunting is appalling.

If animals need to be killed, do so humanely. Not by breeding them in greater numbers to be hunted, chasing and terrorising them in the name of sport.

Yet for all that if you’d seen the seventeen-year-old me swanning about the place in jodhpurs with my nose in the air it would have been a case of:

“Mam, I’m marrying him!”

“Lisa, love, you can’t. You’re still in school.”

“I don’t care, Mam. I’ll ask him to run off to Tennessee with me. We can get a licence there”

Old Ban Tarleton looked positively scruffy by comparison...

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:27 - Apr 21 with 942 viewsdunvantjack100

During my time in Bristol University, I ended up doing a delivery job with my spare time for extra money.
As I worked quite late, I began to see just how many urban foxes there are, and I was never too sure if they were a danger to me. I was certainly more on edge when I saw one, especially with the fact I was carrying food.
Do foxes carry much threat to humans?
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:28 - Apr 21 with 940 viewsWarwickHunt

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:59 - Apr 21 by BrynCartwright

Always been very anti fox hunting. I understand that they can be very destructive when given the opportunity, and why farmers get very frustrated when entire flocks are destroyed for instance. Legally, they are well within their rights to destroy the vulpine killer by shooting them. Not got a problem with that, even though I'd still prefer the farmer built fox-proof animal housing.

Why, most of them think it is a great idea to let their peer group and well-off landowner chums get on horse-back and chase them with a pack of DOGS and to eventually tear them apart is beyond me. Cruelty beyond measure.

My ex-wife was brought up as a horse-loving, Young Farmer and Berkeley Hunt member, and when I was with her I guess I conformed my opinions to fit in with the family. Boxing Day meets and Pony Club were a Big Deal. Now, however, Oscar Wilde's statement absolutely rings true.

My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.

There’s a reason why Berkeley Hunt (berk) is rhyming slang...
Login to get fewer ads

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 937 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:26 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

It’s weird, much of the time he’s quite wobbly, he’s almost completely deaf and half blind. But the recent good weather and us being home all the time has livened him up a treat. He spent a good 20 minutes running around the back garden like a spring lamb earlier. Seemed to be thinking he was chasing something but god knows what.

Get him on the CBD. Honestly now it’s extraordinary stuff. One pipette a day preferably administered directly into his mouth, or failing that put it on his food. After a couple of weeks you’ll start to see the difference.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 935 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:30 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Get him on the CBD. Honestly now it’s extraordinary stuff. One pipette a day preferably administered directly into his mouth, or failing that put it on his food. After a couple of weeks you’ll start to see the difference.

I will, ta.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:32 - Apr 21 with 934 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:27 - Apr 21 by dunvantjack100

During my time in Bristol University, I ended up doing a delivery job with my spare time for extra money.
As I worked quite late, I began to see just how many urban foxes there are, and I was never too sure if they were a danger to me. I was certainly more on edge when I saw one, especially with the fact I was carrying food.
Do foxes carry much threat to humans?

Only if you’re dead. They’d eat you with relish.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:34 - Apr 21 with 931 viewsCatullus

Maybe he's lasted so long because you've taken very good care of him?

That chasing 'something' remark, ours does that sometimes, it's just a silly 5 minutes I reckon. We all have them

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:41 - Apr 21 with 921 viewslonglostjack

The inevitable loosening of the lockdown will be a disaster for dogs and lead to massive psychological problems for their owners !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 913 viewslondonlisa2001

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:27 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Yet for all that if you’d seen the seventeen-year-old me swanning about the place in jodhpurs with my nose in the air it would have been a case of:

“Mam, I’m marrying him!”

“Lisa, love, you can’t. You’re still in school.”

“I don’t care, Mam. I’ll ask him to run off to Tennessee with me. We can get a licence there”

Old Ban Tarleton looked positively scruffy by comparison...

Bless.
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:47 - Apr 21 with 911 viewsmarchamjack

Live out in rural Oxon, quite a few hunts out our way. I gave a lift into Oxford one day one of our neighbour’s kids, lad about 16 at the time. Looking to strike up conversation to pass the half hour or so into Oxford I said...you into football, rugby, cricket...what’s your sport? Fox hunting he said...it was a long half hour that journey...😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:48 - Apr 21 with 908 viewsLohengrin

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:44 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Bless.

Well you could have indulged me for ten minutes at least!

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:49 - Apr 21 with 907 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:41 - Apr 21 by longlostjack

The inevitable loosening of the lockdown will be a disaster for dogs and lead to massive psychological problems for their owners !

We’ve had some experience of this. The wife was off work for the whole of 2017 with illness. When she finally went back to work we were concerned that he’d struggle but he slipped back into the old routine easily enough.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 900 viewslondonlisa2001

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:48 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Well you could have indulged me for ten minutes at least!

It was over 15 minutes..,
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:58 - Apr 21 with 899 viewsbuilthjack

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:59 - Apr 21 by BrynCartwright

Always been very anti fox hunting. I understand that they can be very destructive when given the opportunity, and why farmers get very frustrated when entire flocks are destroyed for instance. Legally, they are well within their rights to destroy the vulpine killer by shooting them. Not got a problem with that, even though I'd still prefer the farmer built fox-proof animal housing.

Why, most of them think it is a great idea to let their peer group and well-off landowner chums get on horse-back and chase them with a pack of DOGS and to eventually tear them apart is beyond me. Cruelty beyond measure.

My ex-wife was brought up as a horse-loving, Young Farmer and Berkeley Hunt member, and when I was with her I guess I conformed my opinions to fit in with the family. Boxing Day meets and Pony Club were a Big Deal. Now, however, Oscar Wilde's statement absolutely rings true.

My ex witch-like mother-in law used to get SO pissed off if anyone referred to the hounds as DOGS, the old bag.

It's not horse back so much now. They meet around here on quad bikes. 40 or 50 of them.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 21:00]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 21:04 - Apr 21 with 891 viewslonglostjack

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:49 - Apr 21 by exiledclaseboy

We’ve had some experience of this. The wife was off work for the whole of 2017 with illness. When she finally went back to work we were concerned that he’d struggle but he slipped back into the old routine easily enough.

Cheers. You’re right of course, dogs are creatures of habit. She’s just got used to getting under the duvet with us in the morning. Cue Notloyal.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 883 viewsBrynCartwright

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 20:15 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

God forbid you would have said tail instead of ‘stern,’ she’d have keeled over.

Now they're just confusing yachting and dogs the in-bred twaats!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 23:44 - Apr 21 with 842 viewsJackinexile1

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 15:57 - Apr 21 by Highjack

Just to play devils advocate here, what’s the difference between fox hunting and fishing? Why is one considered a gentle relaxing wholesome activity and the other a cold, ruthless, evil bloodsport?

Do you eat fox after it being tore to bits by a dog?
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 00:12 - Apr 22 with 832 viewsNotLoyal

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 23:44 - Apr 21 by Jackinexile1

Do you eat fox after it being tore to bits by a dog?

Fck sake give up. You are embarrassing yourself again.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 00:21 - Apr 22 with 826 viewsProfessor

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 19:31 - Apr 21 by Swanjaxs

Genuine question...

If you put 1 fully grown, fit and healthy fox up against one fully grown, fit and healthy beagle, who would win in a "toe to toe"?

Personally I think the fox would tear the beagle another àsshole 👍

I love beagles BTW 🐕.

(and foxes, but I would never pat one like a beagle because the little fùcker would take my fingers clean off) 🦊

Beagle is about twice the size of a dog Fox .
Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 00:26 - Apr 22 with 823 viewsJackinexile1

Fox Hunting - what do you think? on 00:12 - Apr 22 by NotLoyal

Fck sake give up. You are embarrassing yourself again.

Sorry little man, that was just a joke with Highjack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024