Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings 08:28 - May 23 with 85873 viewswaynekerr55

Toast, surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cummings on 22:17 - May 28 with 2336 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Cummings on 22:58 - May 28 with 2285 viewsFireboy2

Cummings on 22:17 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

Well said Kenneth.

One of very few tories who have my respect.
Cummings on 22:59 - May 28 with 2281 viewsDr_Winston

Cummings on 22:58 - May 28 by Fireboy2

Well said Kenneth.

It's a parody account.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cummings on 23:05 - May 28 with 2270 viewsFireboy2

Cummings on 22:59 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

It's a parody account.

He still has my respect winny.
Cummings on 23:29 - May 28 with 2225 viewsswan65split

Cummings on 21:14 - May 28 by LeonWasGod

It's either inconsiderate or they're just on autopilot. I move out to give pedestrians more room, but there could well be times at the end of ride when I'm knackered that I forget. It's a habit thing as much as anything. Swerving out into the road to give pedestrian space isn't exactly a muscle memory thing as normally you'd get knocked off. But people should be doing that now imo.

Also, it's surprising how many people haven't got a clue how long 2m is.

(nothing about slipstreams in the advice I don't think, but 2 m should still apply).
[Post edited 28 May 2020 21:14]

Glad you mentioned the road, around here 99% of them use the pavement (at speed) I am just waiting for one of our neighbours or visitors open the car door and knock one of them off, I wonder who would win the damages legal case the person in the car or the cyclist
Cummings on 23:41 - May 28 with 2215 viewsjack_lord

Cummings on 10:42 - May 28 by WarwickHunt

Which bit of that isn’t factual?

It may not be a fact he has ignored it. He may just not care or believe it even though it is so true. So it is opinion suggesting he has ignored it even though he has.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cummings on 07:10 - May 29 with 2118 viewsItchySphincter

Before the whole Dominic Cummings saga cyclists were the one group of people to whom the rules didn’t apply. Fair enough though, because they’re cyclists.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cummings on 09:24 - May 29 with 2055 viewsjack_lord

Cummings on 07:10 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Before the whole Dominic Cummings saga cyclists were the one group of people to whom the rules didn’t apply. Fair enough though, because they’re cyclists.

Whar's the difference between cyclists and Dominic Cummings - nothing , their both cun..

(sorry responsible cyclists)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Cummings on 10:26 - May 29 with 2021 viewsCatullus

Cummings on 21:35 - May 28 by monmouth

No.

I think I'm just a boiling mass of repressed anger to be honest.

I'm fairly sure you are right though, I think I saw something on tv about slipstreaming being advised against for runners and cycists and I found these,

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/belgian-study-on-safe-distancing-while-exer

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-social-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cummings on 10:30 - May 29 with 2012 viewsymaohyd

Cummings on 22:58 - May 28 by Fireboy2

Well said Kenneth.

Ditto

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Cummings on 10:44 - May 29 with 2000 viewsswan65split

its rumored where Dom went to Durham, it wasn't his fathers farm, he appears to be a part owner, is that a second home then?
Cummings on 10:50 - May 29 with 1995 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 10:44 - May 29 by swan65split

its rumored where Dom went to Durham, it wasn't his fathers farm, he appears to be a part owner, is that a second home then?

It doesn’t matter. He could have gone on a murderous rampage slashing hundreds of people to tiny bits and he still wouldn’t get sacked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cummings on 17:54 - May 29 with 1888 viewsCatullus

Cummings on 10:50 - May 29 by Highjack

It doesn’t matter. He could have gone on a murderous rampage slashing hundreds of people to tiny bits and he still wouldn’t get sacked.

He could probably knock Carrie up and get away with it, he must have some very tasty secrets about some people, specifically Bojo.

It wasn't a murderous rampage but his actions may well have led to a few extra deaths!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cummings on 02:24 - May 30 with 1796 viewsswan65split

If you get a chance watch last night's have I got news for you.....BJ and the rest wot be happy.
Cummings on 16:08 - May 30 with 1659 viewsCatullus

Cummings on 02:24 - May 30 by swan65split

If you get a chance watch last night's have I got news for you.....BJ and the rest wot be happy.

I watched it and they ripped Bojo and Dominatrix Cummings apart.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ian-hislop-have-i-got-news-for-you-domini

Hislop pulled no punches!

Cummings on 17:31 - May 30 with 1621 viewslondonlisa2001

Well done to Jonathan Van Tam for not beating around the bush and stating that Cummings was wrong.

The first to have the guts to do so.

Also for reminding people of their personal responsibility (which many seem to be forgetting).

[Post edited 30 May 2020 17:32]
Cummings on 17:36 - May 30 with 1610 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 17:31 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

Well done to Jonathan Van Tam for not beating around the bush and stating that Cummings was wrong.

Also for reminding people of their personal responsibility (which many seem to be forgetting).

Aye that made me smile. I wonder how long his ticking off lasted.

Poll: Tory leader

Cummings on 17:40 - May 30 with 1603 viewsmonmouth

Cummings on 17:31 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

That's his knighthood gone then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cummings on 17:41 - May 30 with 1602 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 17:36 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

Aye that made me smile. I wonder how long his ticking off lasted.

He won’t be doing a briefing again for a while...

It’s the way he said to Dowden ‘I’m happy to answer’ as well.

Whitty should have interrupted Johnson last week to do the same.
Cummings on 17:42 - May 30 with 1600 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 17:40 - May 30 by monmouth

That's his knighthood gone then.

He’s of BAME background. This bunch wouldn’t give him a knighthood anyway.
Cummings on 17:43 - May 30 with 1598 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 17:41 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

He won’t be doing a briefing again for a while...

It’s the way he said to Dowden ‘I’m happy to answer’ as well.

Whitty should have interrupted Johnson last week to do the same.

It’s difficult for them because in theory at least they can comment on the situation without commenting on the political ramifications. Which is impossible. Van Tam had clearly thought about how he’d answer the question and wasn’t about to let Dowden stop him.

Cummings on 17:47 - May 30 with 1588 viewsexiledclaseboy

I wonder if anything new will break on this tonight.

Cummings on 17:48 - May 30 with 1586 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 17:43 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

It’s difficult for them because in theory at least they can comment on the situation without commenting on the political ramifications. Which is impossible. Van Tam had clearly thought about how he’d answer the question and wasn’t about to let Dowden stop him.

It is difficult, but Whitty should have been able to do the same.

They did, apparently, refuse to do the first presser after the rose garden debacle,
Cummings on 17:52 - May 30 with 1578 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 17:48 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

It is difficult, but Whitty should have been able to do the same.

They did, apparently, refuse to do the first presser after the rose garden debacle,

Can’t say I blame them but that’s not a sustainable position for them either. Resignation from one or both of them would have blown this thing right up.

Cummings on 18:01 - May 30 with 1564 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 17:52 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

Can’t say I blame them but that’s not a sustainable position for them either. Resignation from one or both of them would have blown this thing right up.

Indeed.

I feel angry with them both to be honest.

Equally if they think that schools going back is wrong (I have no idea whether it is or isn’t - I can see both sides) they have to say so. Publicly.

Or allowing shops to open in just over 2 weeks (perhaps a little longer).

The problem is as far as I can see from following a lot of the scientists as I have been doing since the start, cases are now very, very low in the general population apart from a few areas, mainly in the North of England. But remain stubbornly high in care homes, and there’s a problem in some hospital settings. They can’t be honest about it, as they’re trying to hide the ongoing care homes issue. So people think it’s far less safe than it is and none of it makes sense.
Together with the breakdown of trust caused by Cummings and Johnson, it’s a disaster.

But I also believe Wales is doing things badly as well. By keeping a far more stringent set of measures (which is harming a lot of people) than necessary because they still cant get to grips with testing.

At the end of all this, the need for inquiries into governments and advisers on a UK and devolved level is overwhelming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024