Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Government votes to reduce food standards 17:14 - May 26 with 16244 viewskarnataka

While the nation is understandably distracted by the pandemic, the b4$tards have voted through to have post-Brexit food standards and environmental standards removed from the Agriculture Bill after promising they wouldn't. Welcome to American sub-standard food.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-to-lower-our-f
Government votes to reduce food standards on 17:50 - May 27 with 1446 viewsNeath_Jack

Government votes to reduce food standards on 16:26 - May 27 by chad

spaffed away for gammons to ‘get back control ‘ and blue passports.

I often wondered about the psyche of a person who needed to call himself professor on a football forum. I put it down to insecurity. I however took it, and your posts at face value.

But your need to categorise and group people by skin characteristics, and mock different and valid opinions, and think that acceptable, tells me much more about your character. Presumably you would be happy for your own children to be abused and mocked in that way, for their opinions.

I know other people use such terms, and pitied them for it, but saw they were reduced to that, as coherent argument evaded them.

Perhaps if I want to appear as cerebral as you, I should suggest reasons you choose to work so closely with poultry.

I didn’t always agree with you, but I at least generally used to respect your POV.

If you want to play the blame game perhaps look no further than the abusive and disparaging politics you are now employing. Or those that could not accept they lost the referendum, and the Hobson’s choice many were given because of the effects of that

Perhaps the final straw was at the Labour conference, where that massively pro EU ‘razor sharp’ brained ‘state school’ educated ;) barrister deviated from his speech, and spoke of putting remain back on the agenda in another ballot. In fact wasn’t he directly blamed for Labours loss by significant figures within the party?

Do you not think we are bright enough to look after food standards for ourselves without having to subject ourselves to the massively lumbering bureaucracy that is the EU private members club, as it rumbles towards more and more globalisation, sees itself as an empire and drives for its own army, that sounds more like a war machine than a peace machine to me.

Surely if we have learned anything it is that we need to be more self sufficient, to protect ourselves and our planet in future.

The government we got to deliver Brexit, was in no small part courtesy of those certain group of Remainers who were kicking and screaming to get their own way against the voted outcome. No disrespect to other thoughtful and fair remainers who could accept arguments on both sides and the result of the referendum.

Of course they will never accept responsibility, for the major part that their pitiful sneering, abusive, misplaced arrogance, and refusal to accept the result of the vote played.

Still do carry on, if skin based abuse and contempt for others are the sharpest tools in your box.

Remember saying of COVID-19....
More people will die from salmonellosis from US produced chicken and egg than this.

Not sure your judgement should be considered that sound.

Fair play Chaddy, that's one hell of a nibble

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:13 - May 27 with 1433 viewsItchySphincter

I often wondered about the psyche of a person who needed to call himself professor on a football forum. I put it down to insecurity. I however took it, and your posts at face value.

But your need to categorise and group people by skin characteristics, and mock different and valid opinions, and think that acceptable, tells me much more about your character. Presumably you would be happy for your own children to be abused and mocked in that way, for their opinions.

I know other people use such terms, and pitied them for it, but saw they were reduced to that, as coherent argument evaded them.

Perhaps if I want to appear as cerebral as you, I should suggest reasons you choose to work so closely with poultry.

I didn’t always agree with you, but I at least generally used to respect your POV.

If you want to play the blame game perhaps look no further than the abusive and disparaging politics you are now employing. Or those that could not accept they lost the referendum, and the Hobson’s choice many were given because of the effects of that

Perhaps the final straw was at the Labour conference, where that massively pro EU ‘razor sharp’ brained ‘state school’ educated ;) barrister deviated from his speech, and spoke of putting remain back on the agenda in another ballot. In fact wasn’t he directly blamed for Labours loss by significant figures within the party?

Do you not think we are bright enough to look after food standards for ourselves without having to subject ourselves to the massively lumbering bureaucracy that is the EU private members club, as it rumbles towards more and more globalisation, sees itself as an empire and drives for its own army, that sounds more like a war machine than a peace machine to me.

Surely if we have learned anything it is that we need to be more self sufficient, to protect ourselves and our planet in future.

The government we got to deliver Brexit, was in no small part courtesy of those certain group of Remainers who were kicking and screaming to get their own way against the voted outcome. No disrespect to other thoughtful and fair remainers who could accept arguments on both sides and the result of the referendum.

Of course they will never accept responsibility, for the major part that their pitiful sneering, abusive, misplaced arrogance, and refusal to accept the result of the vote played.

Still do carry on, if skin based abuse and contempt for others are the sharpest tools in your box.

More people will die from salmonellosis from US produced chicken and egg than this.

Lol. A Brexiteer lecturing about hate-fuelled politics.

Self-awareness has never been much of a ‘thing’ on here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:19 - May 27 with 1423 viewsHighjack

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:13 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

There’s nothing hate fuelled about my position. I genuinely love everybody.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:26 - May 27 with 1421 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:47 - May 27 by Professor

Thing is Lisa, I am even more worried about erosion of workers rights and above all the dilution of environmental protection afforded by the EU.

The EU has hardly covered itself in glory though Prof.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/17/farming-is-single-biggest-ca

https://www.greenpeace.org/eu-unit/issues/nature-food/1034/investigation-eu-subs

https://corporateeurope.org/en/2020/02/toxic-residues-through-back-door

https://www.arc2020.eu/factory-farming-made-the-baltic-sea-one-of-the-worlds-mos

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:35 - May 27 with 1413 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:13 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

Do you think it was only brexiteers? There was plenty of hate from remainers too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-supporter-attack-eu-refer

And remainers radicalised, according to this,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/13/brexit-remain-radicalisation-fb

Leave and remain have a lot in common.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:27 - May 27 with 1392 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:26 - May 27 by Catullus

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/17/farming-is-single-biggest-ca

https://www.greenpeace.org/eu-unit/issues/nature-food/1034/investigation-eu-subs

https://www.arc2020.eu/factory-farming-made-the-baltic-sea-one-of-the-worlds-mos

No. But I would suggest you compare the levels of protection to the US. I am not sure how impartial Greenpeace or the Guardian are.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:30 - May 27 with 1387 viewsItchySphincter

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:19 - May 27 by Highjack

There’s nothing hate fuelled about my position. I genuinely love everybody.

I believe you.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:33 - May 27 with 1383 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:27 - May 27 by Professor

No. But I would suggest you compare the levels of protection to the US. I am not sure how impartial Greenpeace or the Guardian are.

I have to console myself with the thought/belief that whatever Bojo does we'll have Starmer in next time to try and sort it out. Hopefully Trump will be gone too and we'll have more serious politicians who act in everybody's best interests.

My problem is that experience has taught me that last part is highly unlikely.

Login to get fewer ads

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:35 - May 27 with 1383 viewswaynekerr55

Not sure his judgement should be seen as sound.

Fed up of experts, yeah?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:38 - May 27 with 1382 viewsProfessor

The last point I addressed weeks ago in a reply to Lohengrin- along the lines of mea culpa - I got that wrong. Salmonella does kill about 150, 000 people each year, but certainly got the virus wrong- as most of these new zoonoses have been limited. As for the rest. That is your opinion. Gammon is not a skin colour issue is it? More a definition of a self-righteous group of people my age who hold a certain point of view and get a bit red in the face with it . I am more than happy with my username. Reminds me of the work I put in and barriers overcome to be able to use it. If you think we are looking after food safety that’s great. I am less convinced. It’s still an opinion. Yes, i don’t think the EU is perfect, there are frustrations from their regulations, but a price I was happy to pay. Equally I accept we have left.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:40 - May 27 with 1379 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:33 - May 27 by Catullus

I have to console myself with the thought/belief that whatever Bojo does we'll have Starmer in next time to try and sort it out. Hopefully Trump will be gone too and we'll have more serious politicians who act in everybody's best interests.

Yes. Let’s hope so. We have had the worst party leaders in my lifetime over the last decade- both sides
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:43 - May 27 with 1374 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:35 - May 27 by waynekerr55

Not sure his judgement should be seen as sound.

Fed up of experts, yeah?

Not going to bother anymore.
Everyone is an expert now!
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:51 - May 27 with 1363 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:38 - May 27 by Professor

The last point I addressed weeks ago in a reply to Lohengrin- along the lines of mea culpa - I got that wrong. Salmonella does kill about 150, 000 people each year, but certainly got the virus wrong- as most of these new zoonoses have been limited. As for the rest. That is your opinion. Gammon is not a skin colour issue is it? More a definition of a self-righteous group of people my age who hold a certain point of view and get a bit red in the face with it . I am more than happy with my username. Reminds me of the work I put in and barriers overcome to be able to use it. If you think we are looking after food safety that’s great. I am less convinced. It’s still an opinion. Yes, i don’t think the EU is perfect, there are frustrations from their regulations, but a price I was happy to pay. Equally I accept we have left.

I thought you called yourself Professor because you are a Professor, more a statement than a boast or vain claim to be clever.

Choosing a username is harder than you'd think. I chose mine by taking the first name I came across in a book I was reading, not because I think I'm a 2000 year old Roman Poet!

If we're being literal that makes Chad somewhere between a dick and an A hole, or an African republic!

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:03 - May 27 with 1354 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:51 - May 27 by Catullus

I thought you called yourself Professor because you are a Professor, more a statement than a boast or vain claim to be clever.

Choosing a username is harder than you'd think. I chose mine by taking the first name I came across in a book I was reading, not because I think I'm a 2000 year old Roman Poet!

If we're being literal that makes Chad somewhere between a dick and an A hole, or an African republic!

Yes, I am. Before I got my chair I was DrWig as I had a PhD and was the start of my surname.
I did some Catullus in Latin ( and before you ask it was Treorchy Comp in the 80s)
Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:07 - May 27 with 1349 viewsexiledclaseboy

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:03 - May 27 by Professor

Yes, I am. Before I got my chair I was DrWig as I had a PhD and was the start of my surname.
I did some Catullus in Latin ( and before you ask it was Treorchy Comp in the 80s)

Ah I remember a poster called DrWig. Small world.

Poll: Tory leader

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:08 - May 27 with 1348 viewsNeath_Jack

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:51 - May 27 by Catullus

First thing i think of with Chad, is that cartoon / sketch / graffiti thing, "what no" with differing last words, e.g. What no drugs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:11 - May 27 with 1346 viewsCatullus

If I was chooing a username based on education I'd have to go with just 'C'

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:11 - May 27 with 1346 viewsexiledclaseboy

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:08 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

First thing i think of with Chad, is that cartoon / sketch / graffiti thing, "what no" with differing last words, e.g. What no drugs.

Kilroy. The first thing I think of is too long, not bothering with that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:12 - May 27 with 1344 viewsProfessor

I am not that clever either.-worked bloody hard and got lucky
Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:26 - May 27 with 1333 viewsjasper_T

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:33 - May 27 by Catullus

Yeah I'm sure the guy making right-wing party appointments and cosying up to the banks, finance groups and landlords associations has everyone's best interests in mind.

"Serious politicians" lmao.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:51 - May 27 with 1316 viewsWarwickHunt

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:26 - May 27 by jasper_T

Yeah I'm sure the guy making right-wing party appointments and cosying up to the banks, finance groups and landlords associations has everyone's best interests in mind.

Keep your beret on, Wolfie.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 21:05 - May 27 with 1304 viewsItchySphincter

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:26 - May 27 by Catullus

The EU needs a serious overhaul. Shame we won’t be there to see it done.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 21:10 - May 27 with 1301 viewsItchySphincter

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:11 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Kilroy. The first thing I think of is too long, not bothering with that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Kilroy and Hi-De-Hi.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 21:10 - May 27 with 1298 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:26 - May 27 by jasper_T

There are some around mind. They just never get cery far if they stick to their principles. The current lot proving that being a 2 faced, lying, toadying, A wipe is the way to succeed in politics.

One day 'doing a Gove' will be slang for supporting someone or something you don't believe in purely to keep your career from failing. Not that he's alone in doing that but he is prolific.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:49 - May 28 with 1228 viewsKilkennyjack

Still looking after their rich mates.

Nye was right.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024