Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Government votes to reduce food standards 17:14 - May 26 with 16246 viewskarnataka

While the nation is understandably distracted by the pandemic, the b4$tards have voted through to have post-Brexit food standards and environmental standards removed from the Agriculture Bill after promising they wouldn't. Welcome to American sub-standard food.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-to-lower-our-f
Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:52 - May 28 with 1530 viewskarnataka

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:51 - May 27 by Catullus

I thought you called yourself Professor because you are a Professor, more a statement than a boast or vain claim to be clever.

Choosing a username is harder than you'd think. I chose mine by taking the first name I came across in a book I was reading, not because I think I'm a 2000 year old Roman Poet!

If we're being literal that makes Chad somewhere between a dick and an A hole, or an African republic!

I always assumed you'd visited this place

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grottoes_of_Catullus

I went there with my missus in 2016.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:55 - May 28 with 1483 viewsmajorraglan

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:49 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

Still looking after their rich mates.

Nye was right.

Shocking state of affairs. I wonder what’s in the e mails he’d rather not release?

If I was a London councillor in that borough I’d be seriously be considering asking the police to have a look at it and making a complaint of misconduct in public office.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:48 - May 28 with 1476 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:52 - May 28 by karnataka

I always assumed you'd visited this place

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grottoes_of_Catullus

I went there with my missus in 2016.

No but it's on my bucket list....well Lake Garda was actually, I go see any historical ruins wherever I visit.

If I was deliberatley choosing a poets name I should have gone for Scroobius Pip!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Government votes to reduce food standards on 12:45 - May 29 with 1417 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Government votes to reduce food standards on 17:21 - May 26 by Catullus

The only answer is to be very careful where you shop and what you buy. If chlorinated chicken pops up in Asda and Tesco, you don't have to buy it.

Dont forget all packed salads sold in the EU are washed on chlorinated water.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 12:55 - May 29 with 1401 viewsLeonWasGod

Government votes to reduce food standards on 12:45 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

Wait until you find out we treat our water with chlorine too - that'll blow your mind.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:03 - May 29 with 1374 viewswaynekerr55

Apples with apples, pears with pears old chap...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:06 - May 29 with 1370 viewsHighjack

Is there any truth in the conspiracy theory that all men who visit swimming pools come out with chlorinated ball sacks?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:51 - May 29 with 1353 viewsJackSomething

So Spratty thinks 'gammon' is an insult based on skin colour alone, that we can be trusted to look after our food standards responsibly without the EU (the vote linked to by the OP suggests otherwise) and that Remainers are responsible for electing this government?

That's some world-class tinfoil hat work.

It's sad to see the usual suspects defending this decision with whataboutery and deflection. It's perfectly acceptable to say you wanted Brexit, but that this lowering of food standards is a direct result of that and is a bad thing for this country. Just like I'll say I think we should have stayed in the EU, but then pushed for the reform it clearly needs. Your stated position doesn't have to be 100% perfect.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:54 - May 29 with 1346 viewskrunchykarrot

Government votes to reduce food standards on 16:26 - May 27 by chad

spaffed away for gammons to ‘get back control ‘ and blue passports.

I often wondered about the psyche of a person who needed to call himself professor on a football forum. I put it down to insecurity. I however took it, and your posts at face value.

But your need to categorise and group people by skin characteristics, and mock different and valid opinions, and think that acceptable, tells me much more about your character. Presumably you would be happy for your own children to be abused and mocked in that way, for their opinions.

I know other people use such terms, and pitied them for it, but saw they were reduced to that, as coherent argument evaded them.

Perhaps if I want to appear as cerebral as you, I should suggest reasons you choose to work so closely with poultry.

I didn’t always agree with you, but I at least generally used to respect your POV.

If you want to play the blame game perhaps look no further than the abusive and disparaging politics you are now employing. Or those that could not accept they lost the referendum, and the Hobson’s choice many were given because of the effects of that

Perhaps the final straw was at the Labour conference, where that massively pro EU ‘razor sharp’ brained ‘state school’ educated ;) barrister deviated from his speech, and spoke of putting remain back on the agenda in another ballot. In fact wasn’t he directly blamed for Labours loss by significant figures within the party?

Do you not think we are bright enough to look after food standards for ourselves without having to subject ourselves to the massively lumbering bureaucracy that is the EU private members club, as it rumbles towards more and more globalisation, sees itself as an empire and drives for its own army, that sounds more like a war machine than a peace machine to me.

Surely if we have learned anything it is that we need to be more self sufficient, to protect ourselves and our planet in future.

The government we got to deliver Brexit, was in no small part courtesy of those certain group of Remainers who were kicking and screaming to get their own way against the voted outcome. No disrespect to other thoughtful and fair remainers who could accept arguments on both sides and the result of the referendum.

Of course they will never accept responsibility, for the major part that their pitiful sneering, abusive, misplaced arrogance, and refusal to accept the result of the vote played.

Still do carry on, if skin based abuse and contempt for others are the sharpest tools in your box.

Remember saying of COVID-19....
More people will die from salmonellosis from US produced chicken and egg than this.

Not sure your judgement should be considered that sound.

Well said sir.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:10 - May 29 with 1332 viewsProfessor

It's not really the chlorination, it is WHY the chlorination is needed for US chickens. There is chlorine in the washes used in the EU-just much less. I don't have a issue with the chlorination. It's everything else:

1. Surveillance for Salmonella- under EU are flocks are sampled for Salmonella on farm.
2. There are specific hygiene and biosecurity standards in the EU, both on farm and hatchery.
3. All egg producing chickens and breeders are Salmonella- vaccinated in the EU
4. There is a maximum travel time of 8 hours to slaughter.
5. The EU has a maximum stocking density of 38Kg of bird weight per square metre
6. All birds much be checked at least daily for health and welfare and dead animals disposed

In the US -none of this applies. There is no welfare or public health legislation relating to animals on farm. The only legislation is at the slaughterhouse. 15% of samples are allowed to have Salmonella before any action is needed (USDA rules). The EU policy is zero of Salmonella variants which cause 99% of human disease.

Human salmonellosis is 5-10 fold-higher in the US than UK. We are about the best in EU along with Germany and Scandanavia. Is this what you want to buy, but accepting a trade agreement with the US we could be eating at their standards. That's all.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:12 - May 29 with 1331 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:51 - May 29 by JackSomething

So Spratty thinks 'gammon' is an insult based on skin colour alone, that we can be trusted to look after our food standards responsibly without the EU (the vote linked to by the OP suggests otherwise) and that Remainers are responsible for electing this government?

That's some world-class tinfoil hat work.

It's sad to see the usual suspects defending this decision with whataboutery and deflection. It's perfectly acceptable to say you wanted Brexit, but that this lowering of food standards is a direct result of that and is a bad thing for this country. Just like I'll say I think we should have stayed in the EU, but then pushed for the reform it clearly needs. Your stated position doesn't have to be 100% perfect.

The EU has had plenty of time to reform. They only had to offer david Cameron a few concessions and we would not even have had a vote.
Even when we agreed to hand back half our rebate the EU agreed to reform the Common Agricultural Policy. Needless to say they took the UK's money and still kept the CAP as it was.
THe CAP is designed to keep food prices artificially high to subsidies the inefficient French farmers.
Those of us who are old enough to remember when we joined the common market will remember the large increase in food prices.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:38 - May 29 with 1318 viewswaynekerr55

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:10 - May 29 by Professor

It's not really the chlorination, it is WHY the chlorination is needed for US chickens. There is chlorine in the washes used in the EU-just much less. I don't have a issue with the chlorination. It's everything else:

1. Surveillance for Salmonella- under EU are flocks are sampled for Salmonella on farm.
2. There are specific hygiene and biosecurity standards in the EU, both on farm and hatchery.
3. All egg producing chickens and breeders are Salmonella- vaccinated in the EU
4. There is a maximum travel time of 8 hours to slaughter.
5. The EU has a maximum stocking density of 38Kg of bird weight per square metre
6. All birds much be checked at least daily for health and welfare and dead animals disposed

In the US -none of this applies. There is no welfare or public health legislation relating to animals on farm. The only legislation is at the slaughterhouse. 15% of samples are allowed to have Salmonella before any action is needed (USDA rules). The EU policy is zero of Salmonella variants which cause 99% of human disease.

Human salmonellosis is 5-10 fold-higher in the US than UK. We are about the best in EU along with Germany and Scandanavia. Is this what you want to buy, but accepting a trade agreement with the US we could be eating at their standards. That's all.

Facts, prof. Why do we need them?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:39 - May 29 with 1317 viewswaynekerr55

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:12 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

The EU has had plenty of time to reform. They only had to offer david Cameron a few concessions and we would not even have had a vote.
Even when we agreed to hand back half our rebate the EU agreed to reform the Common Agricultural Policy. Needless to say they took the UK's money and still kept the CAP as it was.
THe CAP is designed to keep food prices artificially high to subsidies the inefficient French farmers.
Those of us who are old enough to remember when we joined the common market will remember the large increase in food prices.

Genuine question - where is the proof that this is the case? I'd like to read this.

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:52 - May 29 with 1312 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 15:39 - May 29 by waynekerr55

Genuine question - where is the proof that this is the case? I'd like to read this.

There is a written answer in Hansard from December 1974 which suggests joining the EEC led to about a 1% increase. High inflation- more to do with oil prices were the bigger factor I expect. Problem is it is easy to say the cost went up on joining, but inflation was very high 73-78 which would make accurate assessment difficult.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 17:42 - May 29 with 1297 viewsCatullus

I'm more concerned about the pollution from EU farms which has caused a so called 'dead zone' in the Baltic and led to build ups of poisonous sludge on beaches which has allegedly caused deaths.

If the EU had shown an inclination towards reform I would have voted differently but that's a well worn debate best left behind.

I've been drinking tap water for years so I'm chlorinated inside and out!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:11 - May 29 with 1287 viewschad

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:51 - May 27 by Catullus

I thought you called yourself Professor because you are a Professor, more a statement than a boast or vain claim to be clever.

Choosing a username is harder than you'd think. I chose mine by taking the first name I came across in a book I was reading, not because I think I'm a 2000 year old Roman Poet!

If we're being literal that makes Chad somewhere between a dick and an A hole, or an African republic!

Ha Cat, I think the point is, it is Prof, not me, that wanted it to be taken literally, indicative on his every post on a football forum, his Professorial status, of which he is justifiably very proud (so much so it seems, that he set up a new ID on here, when he got promoted). But each to their own.

As far as Chad, your research is flattering, but amongst your obscure American penis slang (which should also, it seems, more commonly include, an attractive muscular male, successful with the ladies!) you missed the valid scrabble word (the detritus from a paper punch).

Actually Chad is just a nickname given to many from my family in the past (possibly the inspiration for the UK name of the wot no character, rather than vice versa - my dad was in the RAF during the war, and loved to doodle, who knows ;) )
Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:12 - May 29 with 1286 viewschad

Government votes to reduce food standards on 14:54 - May 29 by krunchykarrot

Well said sir.

Thank you, it is madam by the way
Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:20 - May 29 with 1280 viewschad

Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:35 - May 27 by waynekerr55

Not sure his judgement should be seen as sound.

Fed up of experts, yeah?

No just experts are not experts in all areas (even if their own expertise) and can make very poor judgements, even the likes of The Governor of the Bank of England can get it calamitously wrong.

Not sure Prof likes experts. He made a few derogatory comments about an actual virologist from Lancaster that I quoted.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:20 - May 29 with 1280 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:11 - May 29 by chad

Ha Cat, I think the point is, it is Prof, not me, that wanted it to be taken literally, indicative on his every post on a football forum, his Professorial status, of which he is justifiably very proud (so much so it seems, that he set up a new ID on here, when he got promoted). But each to their own.

As far as Chad, your research is flattering, but amongst your obscure American penis slang (which should also, it seems, more commonly include, an attractive muscular male, successful with the ladies!) you missed the valid scrabble word (the detritus from a paper punch).

Actually Chad is just a nickname given to many from my family in the past (possibly the inspiration for the UK name of the wot no character, rather than vice versa - my dad was in the RAF during the war, and loved to doodle, who knows ;) )

Calling you a valid scrabble word wouldn't be funny though!

In my case I'm not a poet and I really do know it,
A nickname like Chad isn't really that bad

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:25 - May 29 with 1279 viewschad

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:20 - May 29 by Catullus

Calling you a valid scrabble word wouldn't be funny though!

In my case I'm not a poet and I really do know it,
A nickname like Chad isn't really that bad

Calling me detritus might be funny though

Glad you think Chad not that bad, never thought it was, but at least you have reassured me, I think :)
Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:34 - May 29 with 1274 viewsCatullus

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:25 - May 29 by chad

Calling me detritus might be funny though

Glad you think Chad not that bad, never thought it was, but at least you have reassured me, I think :)

Seeing your reply to Karrot, should you be Chaddette?

Detritus goes better with my username, it sounds more Latin, just call me 'Biggus Detritus Catullus'

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:49 - May 29 with 1269 viewslonglostjack

Agree. CAP needs reforming. Not least because the biggest subsidies went to Tory voting big landowners in Suffolk and East Anglia. The bigger the farm the bigger the subsidy. Every Brexit cloud has a silver lining.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:52 - May 29 with 1266 viewslondonlisa2001

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:49 - May 29 by longlostjack

Agree. CAP needs reforming. Not least because the biggest subsidies went to Tory voting big landowners in Suffolk and East Anglia. The bigger the farm the bigger the subsidy. Every Brexit cloud has a silver lining.

The farm that Cummings went to (main house owned by his father, house he stayed in owned by him) received over £220k last year in EU farming subsidies.
Government votes to reduce food standards on 19:11 - May 29 with 1250 viewsProfessor

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:20 - May 29 by chad

No just experts are not experts in all areas (even if their own expertise) and can make very poor judgements, even the likes of The Governor of the Bank of England can get it calamitously wrong.

Not sure Prof likes experts. He made a few derogatory comments about an actual virologist from Lancaster that I quoted.

A virologist I know and have worked with. Opinion based on personal experience. Said virologist talks the talk but....
Government votes to reduce food standards on 20:08 - May 29 with 1237 viewswaynekerr55

Government votes to reduce food standards on 18:20 - May 29 by chad

Mark. Carney. Didn't. Get. It. Wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024