Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread 16:13 - Jun 23 with 61099 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 11:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:35 - Jun 27 with 2731 viewsperplex

Where are the crowd need to give the players a break and get off there backs merchants, lets hope that's the last we hear from those dimwits.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:42 - Jun 27 with 2712 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 18:35 - Jun 27 by perplex

Where are the crowd need to give the players a break and get off there backs merchants, lets hope that's the last we hear from those dimwits.

If there had been a crowd there to watch that shit, that is exactly the line that would have been trotted out on here, and thinly alluded to by a shit manager under the banner of 'confidence' which he is utterly destroying week after week. Nailed on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 19:49 - Jun 27 with 2520 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 15:38 - Jun 27 by karnataka

I didn't think I'd have a football watching experience as bad as the home 0-0 draw with QPR a few months ago. The only way today was an improvement was that I'd driven 104 miles each way in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night to watch that QPR game which was the worst football watching experience I've had for well over a decade. At least today I was at home, warm, dry and comfy even if the match itself was just as bad. I'd have been well pissed off if I'd driven 104 miles today.

Yes QPR has a certain bitter resonance. It was in late August last year that my son and I took the tube from Ruislip to White City on a sunny Tuesday evening to see the Swans away at Loftus Rd. That night against a lively and threatening QPR, we were superb, running out deserved 3-1 winners.

My son, born and bred in London is not the most fervent Swans supporter but he was thrilled and impressed by that performance as was I. I really thought, we are going to have a good season. So disappointing to be having to accept a ‘top half finish’ as the maximum achievement for this season after such a promising start. I can’t see us doing much more this season and I now really fear for us next season unless there are changes and improvements throughout the club. I suppose we should thank God for last August when we were cruising to victory after victory. Without that start we’d be in deep doo-doo now.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 20:18 - Jun 27 with 2439 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:45 - Jun 27 by Nortbankboy

Now that is the team we should have started with.
Always pick your strongest team.

Coppers likes to use his full backs for the width,but they are not good enough
For that game.

Roberts has definitely gone backwards (except when tracking).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 20:40 - Jun 27 with 2414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 17:18 - Jun 27 by Kilkennyjack

This post is the story of the day.

Always tempting to keep a winning team.
But dont you always pick your best team ?

Too many average players started.

The better quality players like Rodon, Celina, Naughts, Routs and Dyer had to start.
Experience matters.

Maybe ....

Freddie
Nauts
Rodon
Cabango
Conner R
Grimes
Celina
Routs
Nathan
ayew
Brewster

At home vs bottom of the league ....?

That said Cooper sees them every day in training ...

[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 17:21]

No Connor Gallagher? No pace either?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Jun 27 with 2269 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 23:10 - Jun 26 by Fireboy2

All ok L?

Yes mwsh, hope you and yours are ok too.

Didn't turn up today, and didn't turn up today!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:21 - Jun 27 with 2266 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 20:40 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

No Connor Gallagher? No pace either?

Yes, we missed Connor Gallagher today .... 🤷‍♂️

I thought we might try to keep the ball as a priority, but still Rhian can move a bit.
As can big Joe.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:22 - Jun 27 with 2262 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 00:29 - Jun 27 by longlostjack

YJB

Hope you and all The Bremen Jacks are ok wus. YJBs!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:31 - Jun 27 with 2236 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:37 - Jun 27 by epaul

I recreated the halftime Liberty match day experience by going outside the backdoor and having a cig and whinged like f*ck to the dog of how crap that 1st half was 😁😁😁

I'd have enjoyed being there for that, You Jack Bastard!

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:54 - Jun 27 with 2194 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:21 - Jun 27 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, we missed Connor Gallagher today .... 🤷‍♂️

I thought we might try to keep the ball as a priority, but still Rhian can move a bit.
As can big Joe.

At least we agree on Georgie Byers

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:58 - Jun 27 with 2182 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 19:49 - Jun 27 by jackrabbit

Yes QPR has a certain bitter resonance. It was in late August last year that my son and I took the tube from Ruislip to White City on a sunny Tuesday evening to see the Swans away at Loftus Rd. That night against a lively and threatening QPR, we were superb, running out deserved 3-1 winners.

My son, born and bred in London is not the most fervent Swans supporter but he was thrilled and impressed by that performance as was I. I really thought, we are going to have a good season. So disappointing to be having to accept a ‘top half finish’ as the maximum achievement for this season after such a promising start. I can’t see us doing much more this season and I now really fear for us next season unless there are changes and improvements throughout the club. I suppose we should thank God for last August when we were cruising to victory after victory. Without that start we’d be in deep doo-doo now.

Frightening thing is mate we have only won three more games than Luton this season.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 23:10 - Jun 27 with 2159 viewsTNT

We're work in progress, and as long as we see progress that's ok, but today was a regression on last week's impressive performance / result.

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 23:14 - Jun 27 with 2149 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:54 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

At least we agree on Georgie Byers

We do ..., 👍😎

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 23:56 - Jun 27 with 2082 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Jun 27 by TNT

Yes mwsh, hope you and yours are ok too.

Didn't turn up today, and didn't turn up today!

Aye, same sh!t different day.

Yes we were fvcking awful but imho they are led by a man with no experience of championship football and of managing men and it shows big style.

But hey we are Jacks for life, they will always have our support.

Btw we WILL have that pint soon my brawd
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 00:56 - Jun 28 with 2026 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 14:08 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

Nothing to do with goalkeeping.

Literally no pressing which leads to a free decent cross.

Watching that goal on the highlights tonight, Freddie needs to start w@nking with his left hand, because a stronger left hand would have saved that header!! ... And yes the defending leading up to the goal was abs sh1te.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 06:38 - Jun 28 with 1911 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 00:56 - Jun 28 by theloneranger

Watching that goal on the highlights tonight, Freddie needs to start w@nking with his left hand, because a stronger left hand would have saved that header!! ... And yes the defending leading up to the goal was abs sh1te.

Yes he could do with doing a popeye more regularly but in his defence the header was very straight and hard.

The defending as we both agree on was fvcking awful, literally no urgency in pressing at all.

We gave them too much time to do whatever they wanted too often in the final third.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 07:53 - Jun 28 with 1868 viewsepaul

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:31 - Jun 27 by TNT

I'd have enjoyed being there for that, You Jack Bastard!

You could have stood outside my toilet for 10 mins first waiting to use it

Looking forward to day we get to have a pint and bow mate in the Railway, irrespective of the outcome of the game

#YJB

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 1702 viewsscruffyjack

Luton, on average, have shipped 2.4 goals every match on the road, but we were incapable of breaking through. Cooper hasn’t got the tactical nous to manage what’s in front of him, in fact under him Grimes, Roberts and Celina have gone backwards at a rate of knots.
Just not good enough.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 10:23 - Jun 28 with 1671 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 09:59 - Jun 28 by scruffyjack

Luton, on average, have shipped 2.4 goals every match on the road, but we were incapable of breaking through. Cooper hasn’t got the tactical nous to manage what’s in front of him, in fact under him Grimes, Roberts and Celina have gone backwards at a rate of knots.
Just not good enough.

Sad to see what’s happened to Celina more than anyone. Really looked like he had something but 1 good game every 2 has gone to one good half every 5 games - confidence is shot

Had high hopes for Cooper but he’s more Paul Clement than Potter, Martinez it Rogers. Just because we play short passes doesn’t make us a good footballing team.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:38 - Jun 28 with 1566 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 09:59 - Jun 28 by scruffyjack

Just not good enough.

Better off putting Garrick on the half way line like we used to do with John Williams and punting the ball over the top. Couldn’t have been any worse.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:51 - Jun 28 with 1549 viewsWhiterockin

Just not good enough.

I don't disagree with your comments on Cooper. But you can't really compare the 2.4 goal a game average this season, because the 2 games Nathan Jones has been back they have averaged 0.5 goals a game or 0.0 in the away match. Different managers different types of play. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps them up.
The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 16:10 - Jun 28 with 1476 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:51 - Jun 28 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree with your comments on Cooper. But you can't really compare the 2.4 goal a game average this season, because the 2 games Nathan Jones has been back they have averaged 0.5 goals a game or 0.0 in the away match. Different managers different types of play. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps them up.

Home and away makes no difference whatsoever anymore. Which I was hoping might help us. Someone needs to tell the ‘Manager’ and the players.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 22:49 - Jun 28 with 1361 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:38 - Jun 28 by NotLoyal

Better off putting Garrick on the half way line like we used to do with John Williams and punting the ball over the top. Couldn’t have been any worse.

Nothing wrong wth that - keeps their defence guessing, stretches defences and can be a big advantage. It's what we often did with Daniel James.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:34 - Jul 1 with 1229 viewsAndy1300

I see they got a draw at Leeds, definitely not the form of a bottom of the league team

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 21:00 - Jul 1 with 1169 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Luton Town FC Match Thread on 13:34 - Jul 1 by Andy1300

I see they got a draw at Leeds, definitely not the form of a bottom of the league team

I said this before the match, I said it during and I said it again afterwards. Not many people were listening though.

Anyone who thought Luton were currently whipping boys isn't aware of what's been going on in the league. They were doing better than us before the lockdown, and continue to do so. I haven't looked lately, but they must be around the top 6 in the form tables. We're probably mid-lower table at best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024