Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Castell Howell 18:10 - Jun 23 with 7248 viewsraynor94

Bad news coming from there tonight, looks like a lot of jobs going to go.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Castell Howell on 00:43 - Jun 25 with 1408 viewsLeonWasGod

Castell Howell on 00:01 - Jun 25 by STID2017

I despair with you and Kerouac.
What has Johnson done to deserve your support ?
Maybe if you knew anyone in the teaching profession you'd realise it isn't as the Daily Mail and other Tory rags paint it in the real world

I can’t see what he’s written, but you’re wasting your time. That one’s completely brainwashed to the cult. It’s gone well beyond the Daily Mail; a couple of them are well down the rabbit hole of full on propaganda. They’re fully signed up members to the whole Matthew Elliott, Alex Jones, etc., alt-right thing. You won’t be able to reach him, he’s gone too far.
Castell Howell on 07:00 - Jun 25 with 1331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Castell Howell on 22:56 - Jun 24 by gadgetuk

Fu*k me you are despicable

He’s an oxygen thief. I’m no Marxist but the thought of the likes of him being shipped off to a gulag is gaining appeal.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Castell Howell on 10:24 - Jun 25 with 1253 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This thread was started to express concern about people, including some Planet Swans posters, losing their jobs at this difficult time.

It was then highjacked by a couple of posters who clearly couldn’t care less about those people losing their jobs but used it to divert attention to their political agenda. Scum.

I hope you’re ok guys and that the news isn’t too bad.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Castell Howell on 10:40 - Jun 25 with 1238 viewsKerouac

Castell Howell on 07:00 - Jun 25 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s an oxygen thief. I’m no Marxist but the thought of the likes of him being shipped off to a gulag is gaining appeal.

Imagine the outrage of you lefties if Lohengrin had posted the equivalent of this and wished you sent to concentration camps.

#IloveTheSmellOfHypocrisyInTheMorning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Castell Howell on 10:44 - Jun 25 with 1234 viewsjack2jack

Castell Howell on 10:24 - Jun 25 by Joe_bradshaw

This thread was started to express concern about people, including some Planet Swans posters, losing their jobs at this difficult time.

It was then highjacked by a couple of posters who clearly couldn’t care less about those people losing their jobs but used it to divert attention to their political agenda. Scum.

Absolutely bob-on, was going to post very similar myself.
Its all getting a bit tedious now.
Castell Howell on 11:07 - Jun 25 with 1207 viewsProfessor

Castell Howell on 10:24 - Jun 25 by Joe_bradshaw

And this is the point. I hope no one as Castell Howell or anywhere loses a job, but the reality is people will. This could include me or many of us on here.
Castell Howell (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 25 with 1168 viewspikeypaul

The truth really hurts the lefties and all they can then do is shout insults,cant answer a single question.

The one good thing that will come out of this pandemic is the fact that the left wing propaganda camps that portray as universities in this country will not get the ridiculous funding that they get know to pay the 6 fig salaries, and they will have to start living in the real world.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 12:07]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Castell Howell on 12:33 - Jun 25 with 1141 viewspikeypaul

Castell Howell on 00:01 - Jun 25 by STID2017

I despair with you and Kerouac.
What has Johnson done to deserve your support ?
Maybe if you knew anyone in the teaching profession you'd realise it isn't as the Daily Mail and other Tory rags paint it in the real world

Respected democracy and got brexit done,obviously you prefer a party that does not and has MPs that ignores its manifesto once elected ,that is your decision.but obviously abiding by democracy is low on the lefties agenda,in fact does not exist on it.

Is that the Daily Mail that has a full front page attacking the conservatives today and the one ran a anti Bojo campaign in his leadership campaign.Take a look at how many left wing columnists it has,You will find its 100% more balanced than any of the msm publications.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 12:40]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Login to get fewer ads

Castell Howell on 12:39 - Jun 25 with 1134 viewsSwanjaxs

Castell Howell on 23:11 - Jun 24 by Professor

1. I do not live off the earnings of a prostitute
2. Universities are neither public nor private sector
3. I am not a lefty. I would suggest I am pretty centrist. Then that may be lefty to a fascist
4. You have no idea what my work entails. I don’t think you could do my job or even begin to. Nor comprehend the amount of work and sacrifice to reach where I am
5. I do not support BLM large scale protests or other mass marches. I certainly support the principle of BLM
6. I am more annoyed about Brexit ruining my children’s opportunities than for me
7. You are, in my opinion, a nasty and odious person. I just hope this is all a wind up
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 23:12]

The worst thing is, it isn't a wind up, this banger really has got a screw loose.

Possibly the biggest rocket on here.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Castell Howell (n/t) on 12:43 - Jun 25 with 1130 viewsBrynCartwright

Castell Howell (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 25 by pikeypaul

The truth really hurts the lefties and all they can then do is shout insults,cant answer a single question.

The one good thing that will come out of this pandemic is the fact that the left wing propaganda camps that portray as universities in this country will not get the ridiculous funding that they get know to pay the 6 fig salaries, and they will have to start living in the real world.

OUT

AFLI

...and now Piker starts on the Universities, probably because he hasn't the intellectual capability of ever attending one and doesn't have any comprehension about what they do and what purpose they serve.

He'll be first in the queue to get a COVID 19 vaccination once they are available, developed by the very institutions he decries!

He is this forum's VILLAGE IDIOT without a doubt.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Castell Howell (n/t) on 13:00 - Jun 25 with 1118 viewsProfessor

Castell Howell (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 25 by pikeypaul

OUT

AFLI

University income is now largely fee-based. Prior to 2010 there were top-up fees but most was reliant on tax income via HEFCE, HEFCE and SHEFC. The jump income was based on the decision by the Cameron government to go to higher fees. Now taxation only tops up the three clinical degrees. This change to a free market economy led to the wage inflation for senior managers. I am pleased you agree our VC should not be paid five times what a senior professor gets or indeed 15 times the average wage across the university. Around 1% of total university staff get a six figure salary. More in a bigger institutions much fewer in somewhere like South Wales. Academic salaries have largely lagged behind inflation over the last 2 decades.
Real world?? I bring in about four times my salary as research income.
Much is through joint projects with industry. I train people who have gone on to work in industry and research. I teach vets and medics and scientists.
Left wing- to an extent but centre left in the main and very pro-European .
Workload- for family reasons I probably only work 40-50 hours per week. Most will be working more than that. Family issues have dampened ambition to advance myself- but get 2-3 offers a year from other unis and industry. Could get that six figure salary too

It is good to have someone with such intimate knowledge of the sector
Come on here to tell us about our own jobs.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 13:02]
Castell Howell (n/t) on 13:04 - Jun 25 with 1114 viewsProfessor

Castell Howell (n/t) on 12:43 - Jun 25 by BrynCartwright

...and now Piker starts on the Universities, probably because he hasn't the intellectual capability of ever attending one and doesn't have any comprehension about what they do and what purpose they serve.

He'll be first in the queue to get a COVID 19 vaccination once they are available, developed by the very institutions he decries!

He is this forum's VILLAGE IDIOT without a doubt.

Bryn
Vaccines are a good example. Most come from university basic research and then usually developed together with industry. That’s how it works these days
Castell Howell on 13:14 - Jun 25 with 1104 viewswaynekerr55

Castell Howell on 23:40 - Jun 23 by Kerouac

Not teachers though, not sweating on their jobs are they.

K have you got school age children? Because I can tell you that's bollocks, both as a parent and someone directly working in Further Ed

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Castell Howell on 13:48 - Jun 25 with 1055 viewspikeypaul

How predictable all the lefties start licking each other’s rsoles and throwing insults,it’s all the losers have.

Now let’s start enjoying being an independent state and out of the EU, happy days.

OUT

AFLI

😂😂😂😂😂

Castell Howell on 13:53 - Jun 25 with 1055 viewsSwanjaxs

Castell Howell on 13:48 - Jun 25 by pikeypaul

How predictable all the lefties start licking each other’s rsoles and throwing insults,it’s all the losers have.

Now let’s start enjoying being an independent state and out of the EU, happy days.

OUT

AFLI

😂😂😂😂😂

The only one throwing insults about, is you.

Vulgar.

GFY

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Castell Howell on 14:03 - Jun 25 with 1042 viewsProfessor

OUT

AFLI

😂😂😂😂😂

Give a reasonable reply and get accused of rimming! Only on Planet Pikey
Castell Howell on 14:20 - Jun 25 with 1022 viewspikeypaul

Castell Howell on 14:03 - Jun 25 by Professor

Give a reasonable reply and get accused of rimming! Only on Planet Pikey

Fair enough you do give a reply , the other halfwits just throw insults and in one case is so stupid can’t remember a post he did a couple of hours ago, you know the guy the one that advocates killing the old age if they voted for BREXIT and also said Covid will be good since it will mainly kill the old of which many are English and living in Wales, yet all you leftie scum think this is acceptable.

Anyway,mission accomplished and enough winding you lot of losers up for one day.

OUT

AFLI

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 14:22]

Castell Howell on 14:25 - Jun 25 with 1019 viewswaynekerr55

OUT

AFLI

😂😂😂😂😂

Almost as predictable as you making a prize twàt of yourself you dozy, illiterate cúnt.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 14:26]

Castell Howell on 14:44 - Jun 25 with 1007 viewseddie71

Castell Howell on 22:24 - Jun 23 by majorraglan

Castell Howell are a big outfit. They employ something like 700 people across West Wales and source a lot of their goods from Welsh farmers and suppliers, whatever happens to the CH staff the once on will be felt by suppliers across the region and yet more jobs are likely to be lost. This is going to hit South West Wales hard.

Brian Jones is the man behind the company and he is a really decent, hardworking, genuine guy who cares. He supports lots of charities, good causes, sports clubs etc and what’s happening must be really hurting him.

Over the last few months the cash and carry has been opened to the general public and I have have done some of my shopping there (as have others) and will do a bit more this weekend. I am not going away this year and when restrictions are lifted I will be supporting local businesses who his company supplies. Let’s hope the bounce back from the recession will be quick.

Nice one Major, I think I will pop up there myself didn't realise they had a cash and carry.
Castell Howell on 01:16 - Jun 26 with 892 viewsKerouac

Castell Howell on 13:14 - Jun 25 by waynekerr55

K have you got school age children? Because I can tell you that's bollocks, both as a parent and someone directly working in Further Ed

I do and the work that is set for them is pathetic.
They've finished it all by Tuesday afternoon.
The standard of it is appalling, spot the difference, colouring in, cut this out and glue it, shite.
The teachers have no contact with our kids, zero.

Then from Tuesday afternoon I set them the work.
My daughter now knows all of her times tables (the school doesn't seem to think the teaching of this to be important), can write in joined up writing (when corona virus lockdown started she had never even seen a lined sheet of paper designed to encourage good handwriting), can now tell the time, do column maths and is now moving on to bust stop method division (which of course, you can only do if you have learnt your times tables), and produced a series of paintings based on great poetry (she writes a stanza on the canvas and then paints a picture to represent what she thinks the stanza means underneath).
She now knows to look for meaning in a text and knows the names of the likes of Maya Angelou and Rudyard Kipling.
I have also taught her to play the recorder and how to pick out a tune on a piano keyboard.
Lockdown has been the best thing that could have happened to her education.

The boy was already ahead of his peers and scored highly in SATS tests, when he has finished the shite sent home by the school he moves on to Comprehensive level Maths (I explain it to him and set him some work. He has a go and I mark it before going over the mistakes, we only move on once I am satisfied he understood what we were working on), World History (he either watches a documentary and takes notes or reads a section of a book and takes notes...later on he completes a test I set for him to check comprehension.
The other day a family member was chatting to him and somehow got on to the subject of Turkey and the Ottoman empire (once discovering he had done some work on it), it seemed to me that the boy knew more about it than the bloody adult.

I manage to educate my kids while working from home at the moment, the people who are being paid to educate our kids however is a different story...

We have been told that the kids can go back to Primary school one day a week, the school will be open for 3 days because the teachers need the other 2 days to set the online work.
I could spend an hour or 2 and set better online work. If they haven't got sh*tloads of online work lined up by now what have they been doing the past 3 months?

...now, taking all that into account, I am aware that this is not the case in every school and for every teacher.
I am aware of a nephew in Comp who is receiving decent work and has video contact with his teachers.
I am aware of a teacher who works in a private school who has been doing video lessons via Microsoft Teams from the start of this lockdown and who gives feedback to pupils.
I am aware of a teacher who is the equivalent of what we used to call a SENCO, who is working from home and has enough work to be getting on with.
I am aware of a friend of ours who is a headteacher and is in charge of a Hub school...

….but I am also aware (through these people I know above) that a lot of teachers are doing somewhere between sweet F.A. and the bare minimum, and I am talking the majority...and that is certainly our experience regarding our local Primary.

Meanwhile, the Unions are doing everything they can to stop schools opening full time again and are in effect crippling the economy (as parents can't return to work when they've got to be at home to see to the kids)...whilst millions of people who wish they could go back to work sweat on their jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Castell Howell on 08:24 - Jun 26 with 826 viewsItchySphincter

Castell Howell on 01:16 - Jun 26 by Kerouac

I do and the work that is set for them is pathetic.
They've finished it all by Tuesday afternoon.
The standard of it is appalling, spot the difference, colouring in, cut this out and glue it, shite.
The teachers have no contact with our kids, zero.

Then from Tuesday afternoon I set them the work.
My daughter now knows all of her times tables (the school doesn't seem to think the teaching of this to be important), can write in joined up writing (when corona virus lockdown started she had never even seen a lined sheet of paper designed to encourage good handwriting), can now tell the time, do column maths and is now moving on to bust stop method division (which of course, you can only do if you have learnt your times tables), and produced a series of paintings based on great poetry (she writes a stanza on the canvas and then paints a picture to represent what she thinks the stanza means underneath).
She now knows to look for meaning in a text and knows the names of the likes of Maya Angelou and Rudyard Kipling.
I have also taught her to play the recorder and how to pick out a tune on a piano keyboard.
Lockdown has been the best thing that could have happened to her education.

The boy was already ahead of his peers and scored highly in SATS tests, when he has finished the shite sent home by the school he moves on to Comprehensive level Maths (I explain it to him and set him some work. He has a go and I mark it before going over the mistakes, we only move on once I am satisfied he understood what we were working on), World History (he either watches a documentary and takes notes or reads a section of a book and takes notes...later on he completes a test I set for him to check comprehension.
The other day a family member was chatting to him and somehow got on to the subject of Turkey and the Ottoman empire (once discovering he had done some work on it), it seemed to me that the boy knew more about it than the bloody adult.

I manage to educate my kids while working from home at the moment, the people who are being paid to educate our kids however is a different story...

We have been told that the kids can go back to Primary school one day a week, the school will be open for 3 days because the teachers need the other 2 days to set the online work.
I could spend an hour or 2 and set better online work. If they haven't got sh*tloads of online work lined up by now what have they been doing the past 3 months?

...now, taking all that into account, I am aware that this is not the case in every school and for every teacher.
I am aware of a nephew in Comp who is receiving decent work and has video contact with his teachers.
I am aware of a teacher who works in a private school who has been doing video lessons via Microsoft Teams from the start of this lockdown and who gives feedback to pupils.
I am aware of a teacher who is the equivalent of what we used to call a SENCO, who is working from home and has enough work to be getting on with.
I am aware of a friend of ours who is a headteacher and is in charge of a Hub school...

….but I am also aware (through these people I know above) that a lot of teachers are doing somewhere between sweet F.A. and the bare minimum, and I am talking the majority...and that is certainly our experience regarding our local Primary.

Meanwhile, the Unions are doing everything they can to stop schools opening full time again and are in effect crippling the economy (as parents can't return to work when they've got to be at home to see to the kids)...whilst millions of people who wish they could go back to work sweat on their jobs.

I know many won’t agree but my experience with the kids’ school has been similar. It breaking my heart when I think what they are missing out on and I can’t believe I feel envious of people whose kids are getting a day a week. My kids school can manage two two hour sessions a month! Appalling behav iour by the teachers sending video clips of them performing and singing songs while the children got nothing. After the first month or so the local authority sent out a big back slapping press release saying how wonderful the schools have been, keeping in touch, etc, and surprise surprise, they picked up the phone and rang, probably out of panic and guilt. Appalling from our lot and defensive too so they can’t be questioned on anything. Ever since one of the top teachers became head it’s gone to the dogs. Great teacher, shite head.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 9:08]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Castell Howell on 08:35 - Jun 26 with 818 viewspikeypaul

Your wasting your time lads, the lefties have their heads in the sand and are happy to pretend the kids are getting a good education, in reality we all know it’s bollox , brought on by the teachers unions trying to politicise the pandemic, fecking shameless that’s what they are.

The report out last week said Welsh kids were getting the least support throughput the UK doing on average 2 hours a week work, but hey the lefties will have you believe everything is normal and the work shy teachers are putting a shift in 😆

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 8:36]

Castell Howell on 09:29 - Jun 26 with 802 viewswaynekerr55

Castell Howell on 08:24 - Jun 26 by ItchySphincter

I know many won’t agree but my experience with the kids’ school has been similar. It breaking my heart when I think what they are missing out on and I can’t believe I feel envious of people whose kids are getting a day a week. My kids school can manage two two hour sessions a month! Appalling behav iour by the teachers sending video clips of them performing and singing songs while the children got nothing. After the first month or so the local authority sent out a big back slapping press release saying how wonderful the schools have been, keeping in touch, etc, and surprise surprise, they picked up the phone and rang, probably out of panic and guilt. Appalling from our lot and defensive too so they can’t be questioned on anything. Ever since one of the top teachers became head it’s gone to the dogs. Great teacher, shite head.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 9:08]

K and Itchy some good points made there - what this pandemic has shown is that educational establishments at all levels haven't embraced digital tech and have always chosen the easy option (not all).

Perhaps if the government had chosen to be constructive from the start rather than the hare - brained hers immunity nonsense, we'd be reopening the economy earlier.

Castell Howell on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 773 viewsProfessor

Castell Howell on 09:29 - Jun 26 by waynekerr55

K and Itchy some good points made there - what this pandemic has shown is that educational establishments at all levels haven't embraced digital tech and have always chosen the easy option (not all).

Perhaps if the government had chosen to be constructive from the start rather than the hare - brained hers immunity nonsense, we'd be reopening the economy earlier.

Less so at HE-most teaching has also been online here for years (including lecture streaming). We go back with a hybrid of lectures online and clinical and practical teaching, and tutorials as face-to-face
Castell Howell on 10:55 - Jun 26 with 754 viewsItchySphincter

Castell Howell on 10:18 - Jun 26 by Professor

Less so at HE-most teaching has also been online here for years (including lecture streaming). We go back with a hybrid of lectures online and clinical and practical teaching, and tutorials as face-to-face

My kids haven’t been offered one online lesson or one to one with any teacher. All the work has been from online resources which we can easily source ourselves, which has then been forwarded on to us in pdf form. Pretty appalled tbh. My eldest starts secondary next term and I just feel so sorry for what he and his friends have missed out on. As soon as restrictions allow it, and I start earning money again, my boys will be having private tutoring. They’ll hate me for it but they need it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024