Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 127098 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:06 - Aug 3 with 1388 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:51 - Aug 3 by exhmrc1

Your second paragraph really sums up our differences. I believe in saving lives. You are happy to see more people have coronavirus and hence more deaths. It isnt about me. I believe in saving lives and you dont.

You want us to follow the same rules as England. You mean the ones that are so successful there that they have had to put future plans on hold. The lack of social distancing in England is the reason for the spike there. Dont believe me. Those are Matt Hancock's words. The real irony in all of this is as it stands you will be able to go to your gym indoors in Wales earlier than in England with lower cases than there are in England.

The risk of an increase when pubs reopen is a very real and worrying one here. Whilst I suspect people going to restaurants and cafes here wont create a spike pubs might well do so. There is a huge difference to people going to pubs and having meals there with their family on the same table to the kind of lack of social distancing that has been happening in England. If people go back to sitting together with old friends the risks increase. If pubs allow multitudes in then the risks increase massively. The only saving grace might be that with our low levels the amount of transmission might be smaller. Even in Scotland with their low figures there has been a pub in Aberdeen which has 13 cases.

Fortunately our strict policies are working here. The current rate of the R is lowest in Wales even with the problems in North Wales. The figures for 23 to 29 July show that only 2 of the 16 local authorities in South and Mid Wales has had more new cases than the previous week. All the others have decreased or stayed the same. The 2 that have increased Carmarthenshire and Newport had 2 more cases.

The figures show that all of Wales local authorities other than those in North East Wales has 4 or less cases per 100,000 population. Compare this to London when nearly everyone is higher than this. Swansea has 2 against Westminster's 7, Neath Port Talbot 1 against Hammersmith and Fulham 6 and Carmarthenshire 3 as against Kensington and Chelsea 7.

The English government are considering bringing in stricter rules for London anywhere within the M25. Their scientists and chief medical adviser are saying there is no room for further openings there and there will have to be trade offs there including closing pubs so they can open schools.

That is the reality that is faced. We may or may not find ourselves in that position after opening our pubs today. Only time will tell and we wont know for 2 or more weeks. However going in with lower figures rather than higher figures Johnson opened up with gives us a better chance of preventing that happening.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 8:29]

I don't have a huge amount to say that isn't already in Lisa's excellent post, and a comparison between Carmarthenshire and Kensington and Chelsea is just daft really. However...

I have never said I want us to follow England's approach - I want my First Minister to actively look for ways to safely open the economy instead of closing as much as possiible for as long as possible. He has tried to take the easy way out and it will significantly damage the economy and cause physical and mental harm to people.

Do you realise that Welsh Government have provided no guidance to pubs as to the standards of social distancing needed? That is not a safe way to mange this - scrupilous businesses will exploit this situation, and that is down to Mark Drakeford.

Similarly with regard to gyms, my gym is assuming it can open on Monday. Guess what guidance as to making the premises Covid safe are available from WG? That's right, nothing, absolutley nothing. My gym is following the English standards, but plenty won't, and can they really be blamed when nothing is available from our own government.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:30 - Aug 3 with 1351 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:06 - Aug 3 by Scotia

I don't have a huge amount to say that isn't already in Lisa's excellent post, and a comparison between Carmarthenshire and Kensington and Chelsea is just daft really. However...

I have never said I want us to follow England's approach - I want my First Minister to actively look for ways to safely open the economy instead of closing as much as possiible for as long as possible. He has tried to take the easy way out and it will significantly damage the economy and cause physical and mental harm to people.

Do you realise that Welsh Government have provided no guidance to pubs as to the standards of social distancing needed? That is not a safe way to mange this - scrupilous businesses will exploit this situation, and that is down to Mark Drakeford.

Similarly with regard to gyms, my gym is assuming it can open on Monday. Guess what guidance as to making the premises Covid safe are available from WG? That's right, nothing, absolutley nothing. My gym is following the English standards, but plenty won't, and can they really be blamed when nothing is available from our own government.

As far as Lisa's comments I dont know what it says because she is on ignore so I cannot answer it.

The reality is that nearly every London borough has in excess of the English average of 5 cases per day whilst the majority of Welsh authorities especially in South Wales have 3 or less per 100,000 inhabitants. I can list all if you want to see them.

Drakeford has not taken the easy way out. He has followed the scientific evidence. Unfortunately Johnson hasnt done that. There has been a number of comments by him, Whitty and others saying it is for scientists to advise and for politicians to make decisions.

He has gone further than scientists wanted and because of that things have gone haywire resulting in him having to put the brakes on now.

You and others have constantly complained about our 5 mile rule. Melbourne has brought in a 3 mile rule so they must be wrong as well. The 5 mile rule was followed by Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and all have less cases than England so they must all be wrong.

As far as your gym assuming they can reopen on Monday that is not certain but is extremely likely. Were figures to go completely wrong over the next couple of days opening would be stopped as it has been in England. However that is most unlikely but cannot be ruled out. The reason it will end up opening is because Drakeford and Co have sensibly kept a lid on things so will open on Monday but we dont yet know when Gyms in England will close.

What isnt known at this stage is what impact opening pubs and gyms will have. We wont know for at least 2 weeks but the figures here are currently lower so hopefully it will not jump as it has in England.

The 2 metre rule is pretty clear for everyone and I dont see why gyms and pubs dont understand that. Everywhere else is working on that basis and the numerous pubs that have opened outside have been following these rules so why would you expect things to be any different inside.

Just to put the record straight in the Swansea Valley every pub was open outdoors in Pontardawe and nearly all in Clydach. Most of the Gower pubs were open and most in the Abercrave area were as well. Those that didnt do so were Brewery pubs who decided against it for their own reasons.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:42 - Aug 3 with 1328 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:30 - Aug 3 by exhmrc1

As far as Lisa's comments I dont know what it says because she is on ignore so I cannot answer it.

The reality is that nearly every London borough has in excess of the English average of 5 cases per day whilst the majority of Welsh authorities especially in South Wales have 3 or less per 100,000 inhabitants. I can list all if you want to see them.

Drakeford has not taken the easy way out. He has followed the scientific evidence. Unfortunately Johnson hasnt done that. There has been a number of comments by him, Whitty and others saying it is for scientists to advise and for politicians to make decisions.

He has gone further than scientists wanted and because of that things have gone haywire resulting in him having to put the brakes on now.

You and others have constantly complained about our 5 mile rule. Melbourne has brought in a 3 mile rule so they must be wrong as well. The 5 mile rule was followed by Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and all have less cases than England so they must all be wrong.

As far as your gym assuming they can reopen on Monday that is not certain but is extremely likely. Were figures to go completely wrong over the next couple of days opening would be stopped as it has been in England. However that is most unlikely but cannot be ruled out. The reason it will end up opening is because Drakeford and Co have sensibly kept a lid on things so will open on Monday but we dont yet know when Gyms in England will close.

What isnt known at this stage is what impact opening pubs and gyms will have. We wont know for at least 2 weeks but the figures here are currently lower so hopefully it will not jump as it has in England.

The 2 metre rule is pretty clear for everyone and I dont see why gyms and pubs dont understand that. Everywhere else is working on that basis and the numerous pubs that have opened outside have been following these rules so why would you expect things to be any different inside.

Just to put the record straight in the Swansea Valley every pub was open outdoors in Pontardawe and nearly all in Clydach. Most of the Gower pubs were open and most in the Abercrave area were as well. Those that didnt do so were Brewery pubs who decided against it for their own reasons.

Looking at the Welsh figures compared to other European countries about the only thing I can say is Wales has done better than England, Belgium and Spain. Maybe the other countries had different scientific advice?

Drakeford hasn't done great but in a UK sense he had Bojo to contend with and Bojo's is already a tainted chalice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:51 - Aug 3 with 1328 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:30 - Aug 3 by exhmrc1

No need to list London cases the one you already mentoned was absurd enough. Kensington is the smallest borough in London, with probably 150000 people living in it, Carmarthenshire is the second largest county in Wales with a similar population. There are more people living in some individual buildings in London than entire villages in Carms. Wales can't be compared to London.

Melbourne (a large city) has just seen record cases, a 3 mile rule is sensible in that situation. During the first weekend of July in Wales, a rural country with hardly any cases, it was not sensible. I could understand if it was brought back for Wrexham now, but Drakeford is sticking to his plan rigidly. Again I don't understand the logic behind that decision.

I can't really stand the guy and he has gone too far, too quickly but it is absolutely for politicians to make the decisions based on the science. Johnson is correct in that respect. Things haven't gone haywire at all - there seems to be a handful if identified and controlled outbreaks which have meant that the next stage of relaxation has been postponed. That is reasonable and nothing to get alarmed about yet.

Sticking very ridgidly to the science is taking an easy way out.

The thing is the 2 metre rule isn't clear, in England hosptiality distacncing is 1 metre plus. Does that apply here? Nobody really knows. If people assume it is a 2 metre without confirmation, which some places have, it is possible for others to assume there isn't a 2 metre distance which was the case in SA1 last weekend. This should have been made absolutely crystal clear and enforced by today, but it hasn't been.

It's great that some pubs have been able to open in the Swansea valley, not many in built areas have been able to or have opened on severly restricted hours and dependent on the weather.

How many of those that have opened have stuck to Drakefords rules though? I know of at least two of the six that I know that have opened outside have been using areas not covered by their license - that is contrary to the reopening rules which WG could have addressed but didn't. Some have put marquees up in car parks, without planning consent and outside the area covered by their licence, again breaking rules that WG have the authority to change but didn't.

It just needs a bit of alternative thinking from our leader rather than hiding behind science.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:55 - Aug 3 with 1323 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:42 - Aug 3 by pencoedjack

Excellent post.

The same can be said about the Kilkenny who scrounges his giro off the government, makes no difference to his way of life.

Listen grandad, i work like every Swans fan i have ever met.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Must be a hell of a shock to you, that you are not in any way exceptional in paying your taxes.

As somebody once said ... ‘Pencoed is a very modest man, with much to be modest about’ ....🤡

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:00 - Aug 3 with 1319 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:51 - Aug 3 by Scotia

No need to list London cases the one you already mentoned was absurd enough. Kensington is the smallest borough in London, with probably 150000 people living in it, Carmarthenshire is the second largest county in Wales with a similar population. There are more people living in some individual buildings in London than entire villages in Carms. Wales can't be compared to London.

Melbourne (a large city) has just seen record cases, a 3 mile rule is sensible in that situation. During the first weekend of July in Wales, a rural country with hardly any cases, it was not sensible. I could understand if it was brought back for Wrexham now, but Drakeford is sticking to his plan rigidly. Again I don't understand the logic behind that decision.

I can't really stand the guy and he has gone too far, too quickly but it is absolutely for politicians to make the decisions based on the science. Johnson is correct in that respect. Things haven't gone haywire at all - there seems to be a handful if identified and controlled outbreaks which have meant that the next stage of relaxation has been postponed. That is reasonable and nothing to get alarmed about yet.

The thing is the 2 metre rule isn't clear, in England hosptiality distacncing is 1 metre plus. Does that apply here? Nobody really knows. If people assume it is a 2 metre without confirmation, which some places have, it is possible for others to assume there isn't a 2 metre distance which was the case in SA1 last weekend. This should have been made absolutely crystal clear and enforced by today, but it hasn't been.

It's great that some pubs have been able to open in the Swansea valley, not many in built areas have been able to or have opened on severly restricted hours and dependent on the weather.

How many of those that have opened have stuck to Drakefords rules though? I know of at least two of the six that I know that have opened outside have been using areas not covered by their license - that is contrary to the reopening rules which WG could have addressed but didn't. Some have put marquees up in car parks, without planning consent and outside the area covered by their licence, again breaking rules that WG have the authority to change but didn't.

It just needs a bit of alternative thinking from our leader rather than hiding behind science.

Its a pandemic, you cant just wish it away.

It simply has to be science led.

Drakers is right, Johnson is simply gambling out of his sense of exceptionalism.
The dreadful body count tells the story of Johnsons absolute failure.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:11 - Aug 3 with 1312 viewsHighjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:00 - Aug 3 by Kilkennyjack

Its a pandemic, you cant just wish it away.

It simply has to be science led.

Drakers is right, Johnson is simply gambling out of his sense of exceptionalism.
The dreadful body count tells the story of Johnsons absolute failure.

Exactly, it’s a pandemic. It’s beyond the jurisdiction or control of any government or politician. And to politicise it is quite frankly moronic.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 1302 viewsexhmrc1

If you dont want to use Carmarthen you can replace it with Newport 3 or Cardiff 2. If you want to use a different London Borough you can use Hounslow 7 or Brent 8. The bottom line is that all Welsh local authorities from the Bridge to Pembroke have 4 or less and the vast majority of London boroughs have 6 or 7. You can change the authorities but the fact still remains that London currently has a rate above the English average of 5 and that is far higher than the Welsh average of 3.

As far as not going haywire it certainly has. We are not talking about 1 or 2 authorities we are talking a list whose population is one and a half times the population of Wales. There is also the possibility of the whole of London being brought in. Everywhere within the M25 according to the Telegraph amongst others.

It seems some bodies are aware of what is needed even if yours isnt.

As far as relaxtion is concerned most things have been relaxed. By today all shops, hotels, restaurants, cinemas, cafes, caravan sites, campsites are allowed to open. Next week probably gyms will reopen so what exactly do you want to see open. As far as I can see most things open in England will be open in Wales from next Monday. What areas that England have opened do you want here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/gyms-reopen-date-rules-wales-18692310
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/what-swanseas-wind-street
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:25 - Aug 3 with 1291 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you know what. I can’t be arsed.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 18:03]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:20 - Aug 3 with 1266 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:25 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Do you know what. I can’t be arsed.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 18:03]

Neither can I.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:37 - Aug 3 with 1246 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:20 - Aug 3 by Scotia

Neither can I.

He’s a moron. Beyond moronic.

Still, his pension will be ok. Which is all he cares about.

Very definition of self entitled git. I’m gobsmacked he doesn’t support Johnson. Cut from exactly the same cloth. I give up.

Best wishes to you. Stay safe.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:47 - Aug 3 with 1240 viewsKilkennyjack

HMRC1 wins the interweb 👏👏

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:58 - Aug 3 with 1211 viewsAndy1300

All these spikes in new cases, how are they finding 5hem? Oh yes, they are doing more tests, the more you test, the more positive cases you find.

How many of these positives are being admitted to hospital? NONE!

Tell me again why we are still in lockdown?

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:08 - Aug 3 with 1204 viewsSwanjaxs

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:58 - Aug 3 by Andy1300

All these spikes in new cases, how are they finding 5hem? Oh yes, they are doing more tests, the more you test, the more positive cases you find.

The R rate is rising steadily in many European countries at the present time...

That might be the reason lockdown is being gradually loosened in the UK

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:16 - Aug 3 with 1190 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:49 - Aug 2 by Scotia

A significant problem is that the pubs opening tomorrow have had no guidance from Welsh government as to the measures they need to put in place. I find that unbelievable.

They don't know if they are opening with social distancing of 1 metre plus as in England or 2 metres, they don't know if they have a revised capacity or any other measures whatsoever, as far as they are concerned it could be business as usual. We've had long enough for a clear message to be delivered but nothing has happened, we could have set an example but missed the opportunity.

My local pub has had a lot of phone calls trying to book and take advantage of the "eat out to help out" scheme but have only been able to take limited bookings as they have had to assume they are required to distance tables by 2 metres. The only guidance is what they have seen in the media, which says it can be relaxed if social distancing is not possible.

Having said that, there seems to be no enforcement anyway so perhaps they can just crack on? Looking at SA1 on the weekend and my local beer garden for the football on Tuesday some places will just try to cash in regardless.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 8:51]

The guidance is on the WAG website. Did they not think of googling it?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:40 - Aug 3 with 1177 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:58 - Aug 3 by Andy1300

I dont where you are getting your facts from but deaths are happening across the UK and at a higher rate in England than the rest of the UK. Even in Wales there have been deaths due to the spike in cases at Wrexham and the surrounding area. In Wales there has been 16 deaths all in the North Wales Area and mostly in the Wrexham area. There has been 117 new cases there in the last week. The death figures for the UK is over 70 per day.

The figures released by PHW today shows there were 141 people in Welsh Hospitals as of 29 July and that included 109 in Betsi Cadwalladr Health Board. As can be seen the instances are low in other areas where the new cases are very low.

Not everyone with coronavirus ends up in hospital. Some recover at home. Of the ones that go into hospital many recover and go home whilst others sadly pass away.

We are coming out of lockdown but it is being done slowly to prevent a huge surge. Today you can travel anywhere, shop anywhere, and from today go to pubs, restaurants and cafes. From next Monday hopefully Gyms, Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools will be open providing the figures remain low. There will be very little that wont be open. There will be a few high risk areas that will remain closed and these include Nightclubs, Dance Halls and Discos and there will be limits to spectator numbers to prevent the virus spreading. There is also the possibility of the virus returning so I doubt we will be out of lockdown before christmas. However we have moved from Red through amber and are now in the green phase of coming out of lockdown.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:47 - Aug 3 with 1173 viewsSwanjaxs

I think it's fairly evident that we are going to get another "spike" soon in the UK.

Bad timing now that lockdown restrictions are being eased especially for us in Wales.

Hopefully lessons have been learnt.

In an ideal situation local lockdowns should be achievable, for this to happen we ALL have to play our part!

Track and trace will be absolutely crucial.

Fingers crossed 🤞

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:23 - Aug 4 with 1102 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:16 - Aug 3 by BillyChong

The guidance is on the WAG website. Did they not think of googling it?

It is, but is based on getting staff back to work safely. It doesn't mention the requirement to distance customers or any other public safety distancing or seating aspects. At least it didn't until yesterday which was when they opened (edit, just checked and it still doesn't). It just uses language like "reasonable" which is open to interpretation.

I must say it is quite good from an employee point of view.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 7:32]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:26 - Aug 4 with 1076 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:23 - Aug 4 by Scotia

It is, but is based on getting staff back to work safely. It doesn't mention the requirement to distance customers or any other public safety distancing or seating aspects. At least it didn't until yesterday which was when they opened (edit, just checked and it still doesn't). It just uses language like "reasonable" which is open to interpretation.

I must say it is quite good from an employee point of view.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 7:32]

Can you answer this that I asked you

What areas that England have opened do you want here.

As far as I can see we have largely caught up and next week will exceed what is allowed in England. From yesterday we are allowed to meet up to 30 outdoors which England cannot do. We are only restricted to wearing masks on public transport whereas England has a restriction in shops and from Saturday many other areas. From Monday in Wales people can go to Gyms, Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools. England are not reopening Gyms until 15 August at the earliest and the likelyhood is it will be later due to the increase in cases. In Wales indoor bowling alleys will be allowed to open. Indoor childrens play areas will reopen. They remain closed in England. It appears the only areas left to reopen in Wales after next week will be Casino's Ice Skating, Nightclubs, Dance Halls, Discos, Theatres and beauty salons offering facial treatments.

All these things are opening with lower numbers of daily death's and new cases than in England. Yesterday England had over double the number of new cases Wales did. Wales first had a day with no deaths on 6 July. England hasnt had one yet nearly a month later.

We dont know yet what impact the opening of pubs indoors will have. It might cause a similar spike to England but only time will tell.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 1070 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:26 - Aug 4 by exhmrc1

Can you answer this that I asked you

What areas that England have opened do you want here.

As far as I can see we have largely caught up and next week will exceed what is allowed in England. From yesterday we are allowed to meet up to 30 outdoors which England cannot do. We are only restricted to wearing masks on public transport whereas England has a restriction in shops and from Saturday many other areas. From Monday in Wales people can go to Gyms, Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools. England are not reopening Gyms until 15 August at the earliest and the likelyhood is it will be later due to the increase in cases. In Wales indoor bowling alleys will be allowed to open. Indoor childrens play areas will reopen. They remain closed in England. It appears the only areas left to reopen in Wales after next week will be Casino's Ice Skating, Nightclubs, Dance Halls, Discos, Theatres and beauty salons offering facial treatments.

All these things are opening with lower numbers of daily death's and new cases than in England. Yesterday England had over double the number of new cases Wales did. Wales first had a day with no deaths on 6 July. England hasnt had one yet nearly a month later.

We dont know yet what impact the opening of pubs indoors will have. It might cause a similar spike to England but only time will tell.

None that aren't open or planned to open. Gyms in England are open now.

Areas of our business should have opened much earlier than they have. Drakeford has waited until the last possible moment.

I really can't be bothered with comparisons with England anymore, they are silly, and I don't understand why you don't get it. Have you ever visited a large city in England?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 9:54]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:09 - Aug 4 with 1055 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:30 - Aug 4 by Scotia

None that aren't open or planned to open. Gyms in England are open now.

Areas of our business should have opened much earlier than they have. Drakeford has waited until the last possible moment.

I really can't be bothered with comparisons with England anymore, they are silly, and I don't understand why you don't get it. Have you ever visited a large city in England?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 9:54]

I will answer your last question. Yes numerous times London and I worked in Birmingham for a short period. Are those big enough for you. The reality is that you and others criticism is based on your dislike of his politics so you try to find ways to discredit him. The fact is the policies you keep criticising him for have worked. As can be seen they have kept cases to a minimum and deaths down. That really is all that matters.

As far as businesses closing it is UK and world wide and nothing to do with Drakeford and his government. Pizza Express has just announced closure of its restaurants. Hays travel announced closures yesterday. These are UK wide and not specific to Wales. Your mate from Wetherspoons has laid staff off in England so opening pubs later here hasnt been the cause.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 1054 viewsonehunglow

My daughter has a Fitness business.Wirral has numerou Gyms .all open. In fact Im off tomorrow.

Why the feckity feck is this a Wales v England issue.

The contempt towards England and English people is sickening.Christ,Lasy month ,we were blessed with another grandchild,born in England but born healthy to good people who will remain living in England .

I like England

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 1049 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:12 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

My daughter has a Fitness business.Wirral has numerou Gyms .all open. In fact Im off tomorrow.

Why the feckity feck is this a Wales v England issue.

The contempt towards England and English people is sickening.Christ,Lasy month ,we were blessed with another grandchild,born in England but born healthy to good people who will remain living in England .

I like England

Not surprising this has always been your view. It isnt actually anti English at all. It is just a fact the UK government which sets health policy in England is different from the Senydd that sets policy in Wales. I am actually very sad that over 10000 more people have died than the equivalent figure in Wales and what happens in England will eventually affect us here. The fact there has been over a thousand deaths in England on the days there hasnt been any in Wales is a sad fact. It isnt anti English. In fact, I wish it wasnt the case. People losing their lives isnt something any of us would want whether English, Welsh or indeed any other nationality.

There has been criticism of some on here that Mark Drakeford has been slow to do things here as against the quicker changes in England. Currently in Wales we have largely the same things open and have less restrictions on us than you do in terms of facemasks and how many people you can meet. Part of the problem is because the Johnson Government has rushed ahead this leads to criticisms here. There has been numerous policies introduced by his government then had to withdraw. Air bridges being introduced then Spain being taken off being an example. The break having to be put on changes from 1 August is another. Telling students results would be out by the end of July then changing the date also happened.

I hope you can see this really isnt an anti English policy at all.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 1049 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:09 - Aug 4 by exhmrc1

I will answer your last question. Yes numerous times London and I worked in Birmingham for a short period. Are those big enough for you. The reality is that you and others criticism is based on your dislike of his politics so you try to find ways to discredit him. The fact is the policies you keep criticising him for have worked. As can be seen they have kept cases to a minimum and deaths down. That really is all that matters.

As far as businesses closing it is UK and world wide and nothing to do with Drakeford and his government. Pizza Express has just announced closure of its restaurants. Hays travel announced closures yesterday. These are UK wide and not specific to Wales. Your mate from Wetherspoons has laid staff off in England so opening pubs later here hasnt been the cause.

Ok - so why are you attempting to compare any area of Wales to London and Birmingham? Unless you went around with your eyes closed it is clear there are very few similarities between social demography. The population of Birmingham alone is more than Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Bridgend combined. The population of London is three times that of Wales. The average Londoner is probably in a tube carrige each morning with more people than some Welsh people work with in a year.

Don't tell me why I'm criticising him. I'm criticising him becasue he has done a poor job. I don't care what colour rosette he wears.

Do you think it is acceptable that hospitality business can open with no guidance as to the social distancing of customers? Guidance that is available in England, and was provided by the government. Similalry for Gyms. I'm not finding ways to discredit him - he is giving them to me on a plate.

So do you honestly think that the extended lockdown in Wales hasn't harmed local business? It will be the large chains that can ride out the financial storm. I'm not worried about Wetherspoons closing, I'm worried about my local independent landlord who said lockdown was "crippling him".
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

I live very close to a holiday area.
I have a very good (English)chum who bought a small holding and opened up a camping/glamping ite in N/W Wales.

He spent much on doing up a crumbling relic and utilising local and welsh speaking labour together with locally sourced materials opened up shortly before the lockdown.

Right now,he is fecked,as are the economies of the north wales coastal resorts.

Without tourism,Wales is nothing.NOTHING.

It cannot live on water either.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 10:47]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024