Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New board 18:40 - Jul 22 with 16609 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time.
New board on 00:29 - Jul 28 with 1671 viewsKerouac

New board on 18:39 - Jul 27 by Humpty

Judge Rinder was mentioned when a poster claimed he understsood fraud cases because he watches a lot of daytime TV.

Gammon is not a racist term. It's a description of someone's attitude, not race. As you well know.

Of course I've got things wrong. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you admit it IMO. Though some views are so stupid that they are worthy of ridicule. Being wrong does not mean the same thing as lying of course.

Gammon is not a racist term. It's a description of someone's attitude, not race. As you well know.

Gammon refers to skin colour and you must know that. It was coined to mock middle aged white men with angry pink/red skin.

If the right adopted a term that mocked black people for the colour their skin turned when angry you would call the people who used that term 'racist'.
Admit that to yourself at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

New board on 01:15 - Jul 28 with 1654 viewsDJack

New board on 00:29 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

Gammon refers to skin colour and you must know that. It was coined to mock middle aged white men with angry pink/red skin.

If the right adopted a term that mocked black people for the colour their skin turned when angry you would call the people who used that term 'racist'.

Wrong again, it refers their countenance as well you know. You pretend otherwise to further your agenda.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New board on 02:32 - Jul 28 with 1635 viewsKerouac

New board on 01:15 - Jul 28 by DJack

Wrong again, it refers their countenance as well you know. You pretend otherwise to further your agenda.

COUNTENANCE
[ˈkaʊnt(ə)nəns]
NOUN

a person's face or facial expression.
- "his impenetrable eyes and inscrutable countenance give little away"
synonyms:
face · features · physiognomy · profile · facial expression · expression · look · [more]

support or approval.
- "she was giving her specific countenance to the occasion"
synonyms:
backing · help · assistance · aid · votes · endorsement · sanction · approval · blessing · patronage

VERB

admit as acceptable or possible.
- "he was reluctant to countenance the use of force"
synonyms:
tolerate · permit · allow · admit of · approve (of) · agree to · consent to · give one's blessing to · take kindly to · be in favour of · favour · hold with · go along with · put up with · endure · brook · stomach · swallow · bear · thole · stand for · stick · hack · give the go ahead to · give the green light to · give the thumbs up to · give the okay to · approbate

So DJack, what facial expression does a gammon steak have then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

New board on 02:44 - Jul 28 with 1638 viewsDJack

New board on 02:32 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

COUNTENANCE
[ˈkaʊnt(ə)nəns]
NOUN

a person's face or facial expression.
- "his impenetrable eyes and inscrutable countenance give little away"
synonyms:
face · features · physiognomy · profile · facial expression · expression · look · [more]

support or approval.
- "she was giving her specific countenance to the occasion"
synonyms:
backing · help · assistance · aid · votes · endorsement · sanction · approval · blessing · patronage

VERB

admit as acceptable or possible.
- "he was reluctant to countenance the use of force"
synonyms:
tolerate · permit · allow · admit of · approve (of) · agree to · consent to · give one's blessing to · take kindly to · be in favour of · favour · hold with · go along with · put up with · endure · brook · stomach · swallow · bear · thole · stand for · stick · hack · give the go ahead to · give the green light to · give the thumbs up to · give the okay to · approbate

So DJack, what facial expression does a gammon steak have then?

That perpetual angry look.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New board on 08:56 - Jul 28 with 1581 viewsonehunglow

Clearly,we are in an age when people need to be classified.
Woke
Bame
Vile Racist
Nazi
Commie
Lefty
working class
middle class
posh
Tory scum
and now Gammon.

Look at the state we're in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New board on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 1541 viewsbritferry

Treforys_Jack said "Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time. "... bet they are now saying the same about this thread

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

New board on 11:00 - Jul 28 with 1519 viewsonehunglow

Not really. There is less perpetual abuse for abuse ake.Kero is a strident voice and is a good read. If we all thought the same ,this site would be anodyne and an utter waste of time.
Surely,the more disagreements the better. Sometimes passion takes u over and that's fine as it's human nature and shows we have soul.

New board on 11:31 - Jul 28 with 1502 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 02:44 - Jul 28 by DJack

That perpetual angry look.

Some people believe it be racist, so just like everything in life today that makes it racist and hate speech under current laws.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/what-does-gammon-mean
Login to get fewer ads

New board on 13:20 - Jul 28 with 1465 viewsHumpty

Lol.

Laughably transparent aren't they?
New board on 13:24 - Jul 28 with 1463 viewsonehunglow

Samantics,Gentlemen.

There's work to be done out there

New board on 13:25 - Jul 28 with 1461 viewsHumpty

New board on 00:29 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

C'mon mun. You're not fooling anyone.

Gammon refers to someone's outlook, before Gammon people used the term Little Englander. It doesn't mean white people, it refers to a particular state of mind some people have.

But you know that don't you?

Look at what this whole culture war thing is doing to you mun. Making shit up on the internet just so you can play the victim.

"Look! The cultural marxists are being racist against US!!! They're the RACISTS!!!"

Sad.
New board on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 1458 viewsCatullus

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/05/new-left-wing-insult-gammon-rac

But the latest insult has caused the most backlash. “Gammon” has increasingly become shorthand for a conservative middle-aged man, who is raging and red in the face when voicing his opinions, which are generally unimaginative tropes swallowed straight from right-wing tabloids.

I pretty much agree with Janan Ganesh!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New board on 14:26 - Jul 28 with 1435 viewsonehunglow

I must be smoked Gammon then.
Very tasty

New board on 17:34 - Jul 28 with 1367 viewsCatullus

New board on 14:26 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

I must be smoked Gammon then.
Very tasty

Smoking is bad for you!

I prefer my Gammon with Pineapple. I also prefer not to call people names and there has been much less name calling recently, on here anyway.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

New board on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

Our village has a shop in which a chap hand carves Gammon,smoked and unsmoked.

Nirvana

New board on 19:33 - Jul 28 with 1309 viewsLeonWasGod

New board on 10:30 - Jul 28 by britferry

Treforys_Jack said "Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time. "... bet they are now saying the same about this thread

Nah, this is just normal.
New board on 19:38 - Jul 28 with 1305 viewsLeonWasGod

Back to the OP, the new board has been a bit of a duff move. All it's done is split the (not many) viewers that this place had. Neither are busy now, even on match night.
New board on 20:22 - Jul 28 with 1287 viewsonehunglow

Well at least I (perch) am back to infuse the board with some surreal drivel.

When a forum becomes a mutual pat on the back clique, its time to draw the curtain.

Certainly,looking at the political comments especially around election time was painful to the eyes.

Since when is the "left" right

Since when are the right the bastion of law and order.

Death to Class

New board on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 1193 viewsCatullus

New board on 20:22 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Well at least I (perch) am back to infuse the board with some surreal drivel.

When a forum becomes a mutual pat on the back clique, its time to draw the curtain.

Certainly,looking at the political comments especially around election time was painful to the eyes.

Since when is the "left" right

Since when are the right the bastion of law and order.

Death to Class

Talking of death to class, I saw Peter Crouch's podcast (on breakfats tv) with Prince William. He seemed like a normal, decent, down to earth kind of bloke. Not the snobby, aloof type at all.
That stuck up oik, that etiquette expert Hanson must be furious that such a person will be our King one day.

The Communist in me is rising again!

New board on 13:54 - Jul 29 with 1177 viewsonehunglow

I don't like our monarchy but William seems ok,but there again,so did Harry.
However I think he 'd make a good King.

It' just a shame he has to wait for Liz to die,then his papa to get to the Job.

I don't envy him at all

New board on 14:25 - Jul 29 with 1167 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has anyone else noticed that the new board has a poll as to which board their denizens prefer, that one or this one.
Really surprising they prefer that one.

ps I now see that they were copying our poll on the Football only forum.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 14:55]
New board on 17:03 - Jul 29 with 1117 viewsexiledclaseboy

New board on 14:25 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Has anyone else noticed that the new board has a poll as to which board their denizens prefer, that one or this one.
Really surprising they prefer that one.

ps I now see that they were copying our poll on the Football only forum.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 14:55]

Started by the same poster, you exceptional dimwit.

Poll: Tory leader

New board on 17:33 - Jul 29 with 1101 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 17:03 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

Started by the same poster, you exceptional dimwit.

I couldn't be bothered to look that closely, I just thought it was funny.
So why don't you go over there and insult people.
New board on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 1086 viewsmonmouth

New board on 13:32 - Jul 29 by Catullus

Talking of death to class, I saw Peter Crouch's podcast (on breakfats tv) with Prince William. He seemed like a normal, decent, down to earth kind of bloke. Not the snobby, aloof type at all.
That stuck up oik, that etiquette expert Hanson must be furious that such a person will be our King one day.

The Communist in me is rising again!

Pete Crouch is going to be king?

Oh well, I suppose if Johnno can call himself Prime Mincer, why the hell not? Queen Abbie the First?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New board on 18:37 - Jul 29 with 1069 viewschad

New board on 17:33 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

I couldn't be bothered to look that closely, I just thought it was funny.
So why don't you go over there and insult people.

I don’t know, he knows a thing or 2 about dimwittery does our ECB. Look how he called the global pandemic. Spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024