Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New board 18:40 - Jul 22 with 16622 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time.
New board on 20:50 - Jul 30 with 1447 viewsonehunglow

These day,anything at all can be construed to be offensive.
Check out Exeter Chiefs keeping their name but dumping the mascot.

Native Americans in south Devon few and far between.

Gammon absolutely can be because of the hue of complexion.

Same as coffee coloured.

Half caxte was perfectly acceptable as was mixed race-now both "banned" terms.

Blackmail will be next

Strange times indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New board on 20:52 - Jul 30 with 1447 viewsFlashberryjack

New board on 20:31 - Jul 30 by Humpty

Dunno. You'd have to ask whoever came up with the term originally. Maybe it's to do with them being permanently angry.

It doesn't really matter how it started IMO, now it's used to describe a certain type of person and how they think and behave, not what colour they are.

You do accept that it's not a term used to describe white people in general yes?

Would you call an angry black pro brexit supporter a gammon ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New board on 20:53 - Jul 30 with 1447 viewsHighjack

New board on 20:31 - Jul 30 by Humpty

Dunno. You'd have to ask whoever came up with the term originally. Maybe it's to do with them being permanently angry.

It doesn't really matter how it started IMO, now it's used to describe a certain type of person and how they think and behave, not what colour they are.

You do accept that it's not a term used to describe white people in general yes?

“Choc ice” doesn’t describe all black people in general either. Just that certain type of person, how they think and behave. Maybe it’s to do with them permanently acting like a white person.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New board on 20:53 - Jul 30 with 1446 viewsCatullus

New board on 20:04 - Jul 30 by Humpty

It may or may not be rubbish but you're not going to pretend it's a racist term used against white people in general, are you?

Rather than what it is, a name for a ranting, right wing, permanently angry brexity type.

Not white people in general but against white people usually.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New board on 09:41 - Jul 31 with 1337 viewsSwansNZ

I think this post was once about the new site. I've only just found out this old one was carrying on. Both look quiet. This one not so good on a mobile.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New board on 11:55 - Jul 31 with 1305 viewsCatullus

New board on 09:41 - Jul 31 by SwansNZ

I think this post was once about the new site. I've only just found out this old one was carrying on. Both look quiet. This one not so good on a mobile.

Just like a virus, threads on here can mutate. It's been sid both boards are quiet, maybe that's because the move was only succesful in splitting the users into 2 groups, the leavers and the remainers. Though ironically the leavers seem mostly to be remainers and vice versa!

Confused, you won't be after this episode....

Or maybe that'll just confuse things even more!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

New board on 22:08 - Jul 31 with 1244 viewsTim_Harry

I've just noticed that on the new board they like to 'red up' Cardiff fans!

And the guys running it are mostly in their 50s!

Dear me. I think I'll hold back on signing up for that site as long as this one remains interesting.
New board on 22:20 - Jul 31 with 1236 viewsonehunglow

Hump
Let's be frank
Any term thee days can be turned on its head and pop up as a term of insult/abue/disrepect.

There are strange thing happening every day

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

New board on 22:31 - Jul 31 with 1223 viewsHumpty

New board on 22:20 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Hump
Let's be frank
Any term thee days can be turned on its head and pop up as a term of insult/abue/disrepect.

There are strange thing happening every day

Yes. But let's not pretend it's racist. It isn't. And most of the people saying it is know it really.

I've said all I mean to on this subject, no point in repeating it ad nauseam.
New board on 23:37 - Jul 31 with 1189 viewsLohengrin

New board on 22:31 - Jul 31 by Humpty

Yes. But let's not pretend it's racist. It isn't. And most of the people saying it is know it really.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape over this, Hump? If it isn’t some sort of generalised insult it’s probably morphing into one as we speak. So what?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

New board on 23:39 - Jul 31 with 1187 viewsDJack

Unfortunately you are wrong. Their view is just keep chucking mud, some will stick and that which does not is still believed by the uninformed.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New board on 23:46 - Jul 31 with 1175 viewsLohengrin

New board on 23:39 - Jul 31 by DJack

Unfortunately you are wrong. Their view is just keep chucking mud, some will stick and that which does not is still believed by the uninformed.

Explain that? I’m assuming you’re not a Marxist and that we share an upbringing?

New board on 23:49 - Jul 31 with 1170 viewsHighjack

It is definitely 100% racist. Derogatory term based on skin colour.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

New board on 23:52 - Jul 31 with 1164 viewsLohengrin

New board on 23:49 - Jul 31 by Highjack

It is definitely 100% racist. Derogatory term based on skin colour.

Get with the programme, High. We’re white, European. Our heritage is there to be shot at, raise an objection and you’re a Nazi, or something? It’s difficult to keep track of just how awful we apparently are...

New board on 00:29 - Aug 1 with 1139 viewsHighjack

New board on 23:52 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

Get with the programme, High. We’re white, European. Our heritage is there to be shot at, raise an objection and you’re a Nazi, or something? It’s difficult to keep track of just how awful we apparently are...

To be honest I fully endorse their right to call me a gammon or whatever else they want to call me or anybody else. It’s just fun to use their own rules against them and watch them squirm and wriggle.

New board on 00:39 - Aug 1 with 1130 viewsLohengrin

New board on 00:29 - Aug 1 by Highjack

To be honest I fully endorse their right to call me a gammon or whatever else they want to call me or anybody else. It’s just fun to use their own rules against them and watch them squirm and wriggle.

The white self-abusers, the kneelers, on here baffle me completely, mate. I can’t even begin to understand them? Can you just imagine how repulsed their grandparents would be, or how much their grandchildren would appreciate the knife in the back?

The men in white coats may have an explanation, it escapes me completely. Very, very, strange. Perverse, really.

New board on 01:04 - Aug 1 with 1120 viewsDJack

New board on 23:46 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

Explain that? I’m assuming you’re not a Marxist and that we share an upbringing?

I'm on about the conservative thinkers and anti-europeans spouting rubbish, claiming others are the racists or marxists or both. Drowning out sensible voices with a torrent of alternative facts, misdirection etc.

I'm not saying that all that is stated(or by all or even the majority) is wrong but a large amount is questionable and I suspect, in many cases, it is only done in defense of their general beliefs...You could argue it's the same on the other side but I think the phrase " Reality has a liberal bias is apt" .

The biggest issue for us all is that discourse is poisoned by the extremes and those with a vested interest in undermining our western, liberal societies.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New board on 01:12 - Aug 1 with 1119 viewsLohengrin

New board on 01:04 - Aug 1 by DJack

I'm on about the conservative thinkers and anti-europeans spouting rubbish, claiming others are the racists or marxists or both. Drowning out sensible voices with a torrent of alternative facts, misdirection etc.

I'm not saying that all that is stated(or by all or even the majority) is wrong but a large amount is questionable and I suspect, in many cases, it is only done in defense of their general beliefs...You could argue it's the same on the other side but I think the phrase " Reality has a liberal bias is apt" .

The biggest issue for us all is that discourse is poisoned by the extremes and those with a vested interest in undermining our western, liberal societies.

I believe, I’ve always believed, in the credo of British jobs for British workers. If that means undermining liberal society I’m eager to do exactly that. Proud to in fact.

New board on 13:31 - Aug 1 with 1032 viewsHighjack

New board on 00:39 - Aug 1 by Lohengrin

The white self-abusers, the kneelers, on here baffle me completely, mate. I can’t even begin to understand them? Can you just imagine how repulsed their grandparents would be, or how much their grandchildren would appreciate the knife in the back?

The men in white coats may have an explanation, it escapes me completely. Very, very, strange. Perverse, really.

Their hearts are in the right place, I think they believe they are doing the right thing, but their brains are not.

I have a vision of them as they are being dragged away by the men in the white coats screaming “I saw a study! There was a graph! A GRAAAAPPPPPHHHH!!!”

New board on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 1004 viewsHumpty

New board on 23:37 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

Why are you getting so bent out of shape over this, Hump? If it isn’t some sort of generalised insult it’s probably morphing into one as we speak. So what?

Lol. I'm not bent out of shape, honest. It just pisses me off when people spread things they know not to be true.

Anyway, like I said, I'm bored of it now. Let them carry on pretending.
New board on 14:41 - Aug 1 with 1003 viewsHumpty

New board on 23:52 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

Aw bless. Have people been picking on you for being white again?

If they do you give me a shout and I'll come and sort them out for you. I'm not having anti white bullies picking on people, especially sensitive types such as yourself.
New board on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 995 viewsCatullus

New board on 01:04 - Aug 1 by DJack

By anti Europeans I assume you mean those who voted leave? Sorry if that's wrong but if it is what you mean then I feel quite safe in saying hardly any leave voters are anti European but we are anti EU and yes, there is a big difference.

When you say 'sensible voices' are those the voices you agree with?

The basic truth is that reality is different for all of us. We see what we want to see, when looking on here we put our own spin on what we read and answer accordingly and even then that answer depends on what mood we are in.

New board on 21:59 - Aug 1 with 918 viewsBigPhilG

Amazing what the country’s become and how some of these lunatics on the left behave

I’m anti BLM as I believe them to be racist. We’re all equal in my eyes
I would never take a knee and I hate the Swans doing it. They won’t get away with it when fans return
I’m white and I do not apologise for it
I’m anti EU but I’ve nothing against the people of Europe
I’m anti Islam, I believe there is no place for it in any decent society
I’m anti murder, rape, nonces, grooming gangs etc
I believe the Labour Party is a freak show
I’ve never voted Tory
Children should not be allowed to vote
I would abolish the welsh assembly tomorrow
I’m pro Wales but not anti any other country

But that’s just me, I’m willing to bet there’s plenty of others think the same too
New board on 22:16 - Aug 1 with 903 viewsDJack

New board on 14:56 - Aug 1 by Catullus

By anti Europeans I assume you mean those who voted leave? Sorry if that's wrong but if it is what you mean then I feel quite safe in saying hardly any leave voters are anti European but we are anti EU and yes, there is a big difference.

When you say 'sensible voices' are those the voices you agree with?

The basic truth is that reality is different for all of us. We see what we want to see, when looking on here we put our own spin on what we read and answer accordingly and even then that answer depends on what mood we are in.

There have always been many shades of anti-europeanism and these have, obviously(?) been for different reasons and , yes, recently it is more to do with Brexit.
That was not my point, it was(is) the self-serving nature of their arguments. Whether they were jingoistic, pined for the empire, had a business and hated being told they must follow reasonable rules or pay wages that were not ridiculously low, hated having rules put in place to protect all members of society. These people created a bogeyman, a caricature to sway people into supporting ideas which would undermine or disenfranchise many of those swayed by a false rhetoric.

As to the sensible voices being those that you agree with, well, that is your projectionism. In many times throughout my life there have been "sensible voices" with whom I would disagre with, hopefully I would be sensible enough to look into their points...let's face it, until this discussion you'd never heard of PESCO and possibly SACEUR had you.

Your final point on confirmation bias is true to us all but it is the levels to which we indulge ourselves is the difference. Kerouac and his cut and paste nonsence, AfD and his Breibart (and other right wing siloh's) falsehoods regurgitated - christ AfD believes Pizzagate ffs!

New board on 22:27 - Aug 1 with 888 viewsHumpty

New board on 21:59 - Aug 1 by BigPhilG

Amazing what the country’s become and how some of these lunatics on the left behave

I’m anti BLM as I believe them to be racist. We’re all equal in my eyes
I would never take a knee and I hate the Swans doing it. They won’t get away with it when fans return
I’m white and I do not apologise for it
I’m anti EU but I’ve nothing against the people of Europe
I’m anti Islam, I believe there is no place for it in any decent society
I’m anti murder, rape, nonces, grooming gangs etc
I believe the Labour Party is a freak show
I’ve never voted Tory
Children should not be allowed to vote
I would abolish the welsh assembly tomorrow
I’m pro Wales but not anti any other country

But that’s just me, I’m willing to bet there’s plenty of others think the same too

Who has asked you to apologise for being white?

I'd tell them to f*ck off if I were you.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024