Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bennett 21:10 - Nov 29 with 1868 viewspencoedjack

Proper no nonsense centre half.

Got to admit I was worried when Joey left but we look solid with 3 of Nauts Cabango Guehi & Bennett
Bennett on 23:30 - Nov 29 with 1297 viewsFireboy2

Hes the reason we have the best goals against record in the EFL.

Bennett and Ayew are vital for our promotion push, keep them both fit and we will be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.
Bennett on 08:00 - Nov 30 with 1207 viewsScotia

Arguably the best signing Cooper has made. Exactly what we needed.
Bennett on 08:27 - Nov 30 with 1195 viewsOptimisticJack

Agree an excellent signing.
Experienced and composed on the ball.

Optimisticjack

Bennett on 09:12 - Nov 30 with 1178 viewsAnotherJohn

Yep, he has exceeded my expectations.
Bennett on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 1147 viewsonehunglow

Yep,Bennett is a great buy and frankly we do not really miss Joe,although it s hard to work out just how cheaply he was sold for considering he ha walked into a team top of the Prem.

Grimes is never a captain .Bennett certainly is. Vital player for us and pretty much under the radar as he does the unspectacular but important things.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bennett on 10:02 - Nov 30 with 1147 viewsGeoffThom

Really good player that suits us should have come here first time be a legend by now
Bennett on 10:04 - Nov 30 with 1140 viewsonehunglow

He' a pro's pro,Geoff.One player who gets on with his job and gets stuck in. No farking about and will deposit the ball into Row Z if the situation requires.We've lacked this for several seasons.

Bennett on 10:12 - Nov 30 with 1135 viewsBadlands

Bennet is a decent CB who will put the ball in to row z but we looked shaky without Cabango.
A solid 7 / 10 player.
I like his character.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 10:17]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Bennett on 10:33 - Nov 30 with 1125 viewsCatullus

Bennett on 09:53 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Yep,Bennett is a great buy and frankly we do not really miss Joe,although it s hard to work out just how cheaply he was sold for considering he ha walked into a team top of the Prem.

Grimes is never a captain .Bennett certainly is. Vital player for us and pretty much under the radar as he does the unspectacular but important things.

He only walked in because of injuries though. More right time, right place than making himself impossible to not pick. Just sometimes though, that chance turns into something spectacular.
Coming from the other angle, selling Joe a bit cheap meant getting Bennett, would we change it?

I'd argue no. We now have a good Cb with experience who other players will learn from. Unspectacular maybe but reliable and another leader on the pitch.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bennett on 10:37 - Nov 30 with 1119 viewsonehunglow

I agree Cat.
Bennett ,to me,is oitstanding-to quote Brendan ,but JR stepped in and looked as if he' been playing for ome time in the Prem. That is a sign of a great player to come.

Anyway,he's gone and we move on. I just pray we can bench Grimes as ,to me,he slows us down and passes to either the opposition or straight out of play. It show stats mean jacksyte

Bennett on 10:45 - Nov 30 with 1112 viewsCatullus

Bennett on 10:37 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

I agree Cat.
Bennett ,to me,is oitstanding-to quote Brendan ,but JR stepped in and looked as if he' been playing for ome time in the Prem. That is a sign of a great player to come.

Anyway,he's gone and we move on. I just pray we can bench Grimes as ,to me,he slows us down and passes to either the opposition or straight out of play. It show stats mean jacksyte

I agree too. Grimes is the right player for a 2 nil lead, he slows it down and keeps the ball but he's too reticent going forward.

I think Fulton is a starter because he brings more solidity and is like Bennett, unspectacular but important.

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Fulton, Smith and Palmer until Gibbs-White is fit. Midfield is hard to choose these days which is good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bennett on 10:55 - Nov 30 with 1105 viewsonehunglow

Thought Fulton again was terrific and another that does the dirty work.

Bennett on 11:20 - Nov 30 with 1095 viewsNotLoyal

Best position on the field to be captain too.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bennett on 11:36 - Nov 30 with 1085 viewsAnotherJohn

Bennett is a possible captain, but if there was any chance at all of keeping Ayew I'd throw in the captaincy as an extra incentive. It would be richly deserved.
Bennett on 12:01 - Nov 30 with 1064 viewspikeypaul

He’s been very good everyone I’ve watched him.

Carrying out his duties as a defender.

OUT

AFLI
🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Bennett on 12:46 - Nov 30 with 1038 viewsMoscowJack

Bennett on 10:55 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Thought Fulton again was terrific and another that does the dirty work.

Up there with Connor for MotM for me. He reads danger so well, gets stuck in and more often than not plays an intelligent pass.
He'll be called up for Scotland if he carries on like this.
Smith and Grimes were both quite poor though. Matty misses the urgency of a counter attack at times and Smith just seems very uncomfortable on the ball. If he was winning a massive amount of balls for us, I'd understand, but he's not.
Great away performance from us yesterday. Forest looked quite weak, but maybe we made them look that way with the way we defended.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Bennett on 13:00 - Nov 30 with 1029 viewsFireboy2

Bennett on 12:46 - Nov 30 by MoscowJack

Up there with Connor for MotM for me. He reads danger so well, gets stuck in and more often than not plays an intelligent pass.
Smith and Grimes were both quite poor though. Matty misses the urgency of a counter attack at times and Smith just seems very uncomfortable on the ball. If he was winning a massive amount of balls for us, I'd understand, but he's not.
Great away performance from us yesterday. Forest looked quite weak, but maybe we made them look that way with the way we defended.

I thought they looked good in the first half, they got the ball into a few dangerous areas fairly quickly and if that moaning tvvat knockaert had placed his shot better he would have scored.

I think they like us also have a winger playing up front but it doesnt take away how well the back three played, they did their job that well you never noticed them.
Bennett on 13:07 - Nov 30 with 1016 viewsHighjack

His distribution is also excellent. There was one high ball that came into him yesterday, most players would have controlled it first but he played a lovely cushioned volley out to the wing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bennett on 13:44 - Nov 30 with 994 viewsonehunglow

Bennett on 13:07 - Nov 30 by Highjack

His distribution is also excellent. There was one high ball that came into him yesterday, most players would have controlled it first but he played a lovely cushioned volley out to the wing.

Really.

Bennett on 14:13 - Nov 30 with 986 viewsHighjack

Bennett on 13:44 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Really.

No I made it up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bennett on 14:30 - Nov 30 with 974 views34dfgdf54

Bennett on 12:46 - Nov 30 by MoscowJack

I thought Forest looked a decent side, a lot better than what their position in the table suggests.

For me MOTM was between Fulton and Roberts with the latter edging it because of the goal. I don't know where to find stats but Grimes would surely be up there yet again with tackles/interceptions, he was everywhere second half.

We should not be playing a flat three in the middle though in my opinion, all three players for me, had good games, but it's way to defensive.
Bennett on 17:50 - Nov 30 with 902 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Knowing Brendan Rodgers had been keen on him for much of the past decade suggests he's an excellent footballer and we are fortunate that despite being past his peak, we are the ones benefiting from his gradual decline down the leagues instead of a Championship rival.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bennett on 17:57 - Nov 30 with 898 viewssplJack

Bennett on 17:50 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Knowing Brendan Rodgers had been keen on him for much of the past decade suggests he's an excellent footballer and we are fortunate that despite being past his peak, we are the ones benefiting from his gradual decline down the leagues instead of a Championship rival.

He's only 30 - perfect age for a centre half - could have another 5 or 6 years in his prime if he looks after himself.

I think you are trying too hard to be a bit edgy, old son.
Bennett on 18:12 - Nov 30 with 888 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bennett on 17:57 - Nov 30 by splJack

He's only 30 - perfect age for a centre half - could have another 5 or 6 years in his prime if he looks after himself.

I think you are trying too hard to be a bit edgy, old son.

If he had another 5 or 6 years in his prime, he would have been offered a contract by another club in the Premier League.

Instead he's had to drop down a division on a free transfer to a club he's already rejected once before. He's a fantastic defender in this league, but let's not exaggerate and claim he's in his prime.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bennett on 18:18 - Nov 30 with 886 viewsDJack

Bennett on 14:13 - Nov 30 by Highjack

No I made it up.

Donald, is that you?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024