Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Wilson 11:12 - Dec 13 with 2612 viewsLohengrin

What a waste of a talented kid; somebody of his ability on the ball reduced to the role of spectator.

To watch him week-in-week-out craning his neck as balls are punted sky-high in the hope of finding Kieffer Moore, and now that Moore is injured straight to the opposition keeper, is a crying shame.

No good for him and no good for Wales.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Harry Wilson on 11:15 - Dec 13 with 1868 viewsKeithHaynes

Was going to say the same thing mate, absolute disaster of a loan signing for him. Just goes to show how inadequate managers like Harris and Wilder are.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Harry Wilson on 11:17 - Dec 13 with 1850 viewsswancity

A bit like Britton at Sheffield Utd he’s with the wrong club. Shame as he’d fit in well with us.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Harry Wilson on 11:23 - Dec 13 with 1847 viewsKeithHaynes

Harry Wilson on 11:17 - Dec 13 by swancity

A bit like Britton at Sheffield Utd he’s with the wrong club. Shame as he’d fit in well with us.

The mistake that many swans players have experienced where a manager believes they can take a player from us and they will do the same for them as they did for us. Its lazy football management.

Bony, Scotland, Trundle, Britton, McBurnie, Dan James, there's loads more. We could be accused of the same thing with certain players but they were hardly at the top of their game. Ben at Tottenham is the only one in recent times i can honestly say has improved, and no doubt Rodon will too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Harry Wilson on 11:39 - Dec 13 with 1793 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hopefully there are lessons to be learned from this experience. Liverpool are ruthless with players who won’t figure for them in the future and they are only interested in getting as much as they can for them. Brewster is a prime example - wrong club at the wrong time. Wilson will no doubt be sold because he’s not good enough for Liverpool. Maybe Liverpool will compare the added value of Brewster playing here with the loss in value of Wilson playing there and come to the conclusion that the right loan deal will add much more value 12 months on than a loan fee received from a club like Cardiff.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Harry Wilson on 11:55 - Dec 13 with 1760 viewsWhiterockin

Harry Wilson on 11:17 - Dec 13 by swancity

But would we be a better team with him in it. He would improve the squad but I doubt he would improve the starting 11 without upsetting the balance. Certainly a no for the money.
Harry Wilson on 11:59 - Dec 13 with 1740 views9MilesHigh

Harry Wilson on 11:39 - Dec 13 by Joe_bradshaw

Hopefully there are lessons to be learned from this experience. Liverpool are ruthless with players who won’t figure for them in the future and they are only interested in getting as much as they can for them. Brewster is a prime example - wrong club at the wrong time. Wilson will no doubt be sold because he’s not good enough for Liverpool. Maybe Liverpool will compare the added value of Brewster playing here with the loss in value of Wilson playing there and come to the conclusion that the right loan deal will add much more value 12 months on than a loan fee received from a club like Cardiff.

Saying the same thing, Risca and me and how LFC have hung out both players to dry

They didn't care two hoots for Brewster's career selling him to Sheff Utd, all about what he's worth to them.

And such short sightedness loaning Wilson to Cardiff simply because they were willing to pay a bit extra up front.
Harry Wilson on 12:25 - Dec 13 with 1677 viewsangryjack

Harry Wilson on 11:59 - Dec 13 by 9MilesHigh

Saying the same thing, Risca and me and how LFC have hung out both players to dry

They didn't care two hoots for Brewster's career selling him to Sheff Utd, all about what he's worth to them.

And such short sightedness loaning Wilson to Cardiff simply because they were willing to pay a bit extra up front.

Brewster didn't have to sign for sheff UTC you do realise he could have turned the offer down..so you can't put all the blame on the club,,no doubt he was offered a lucrative contract which sealed the deal for him,as for Wilson Liverpool have probably spent thousands and thousands nurturing this lad since he was a young kid and they are not going to let him go on loan for nothing,it wasn't who paid most,they had a price they believe was right,and Cardiff were willing to pay that price and other clubs,we were one wouldn't.. If me and you went to buy a pair of trainers and they were marked up 50 pound and I offered 10 pound I be told where to go.if you paid the asking price you could have them,even though they look better on me.
Harry Wilson on 12:29 - Dec 13 with 1658 viewsBillyChong

We pushed Ojo back into the full back position. Rarely saw Wilson.
Moore couldn’t cope with our defence. Ralls had enough. We hammered them lads.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Wilson on 12:33 - Dec 13 with 1659 viewsBadlands

Maybe, or maybe he had peaked (add Ampadu to their names)!
We have seen just how limited Wilson, Brooks and Moore really are this week.
The two youngsters were at big clubs so must be big players ... err no.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Harry Wilson on 12:44 - Dec 13 with 1638 viewsjasper_T

Harry Wilson on 12:33 - Dec 13 by Badlands

Maybe, or maybe he had peaked (add Ampadu to their names)!
We have seen just how limited Wilson, Brooks and Moore really are this week.
The two youngsters were at big clubs so must be big players ... err no.

Brooks is quality. Wilson's a good Championship player, nothing more.

Ampadu getting exposed right now as a midfielder. Centre half for me.
Harry Wilson on 12:45 - Dec 13 with 1635 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Harry Wilson on 12:25 - Dec 13 by angryjack

Brewster didn't have to sign for sheff UTC you do realise he could have turned the offer down..so you can't put all the blame on the club,,no doubt he was offered a lucrative contract which sealed the deal for him,as for Wilson Liverpool have probably spent thousands and thousands nurturing this lad since he was a young kid and they are not going to let him go on loan for nothing,it wasn't who paid most,they had a price they believe was right,and Cardiff were willing to pay that price and other clubs,we were one wouldn't.. If me and you went to buy a pair of trainers and they were marked up 50 pound and I offered 10 pound I be told where to go.if you paid the asking price you could have them,even though they look better on me.

The point is that Wilson’s stock is falling at Cardiff so when Liverpool sell him next summer he’ll be worth considerably less than he would have had he been loaned to a club at which his stock would have risen. They took the loan fee but it could cost them in the long run.

Compare that to Brewster whose value rose considerably from January to the end of the season here.

Maybe someone at Liverpool will analyse these things and reach an obvious conclusion...

Harry Wilson on 13:22 - Dec 13 with 1607 viewsNortbankboy

Harry Wilson on 12:44 - Dec 13 by jasper_T

They signed Wilson because they thought he had a long throw
Harry Wilson on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 1570 viewsKeithHaynes

Harry Wilson on 12:45 - Dec 13 by Joe_bradshaw

The point is that Wilson’s stock is falling at Cardiff so when Liverpool sell him next summer he’ll be worth considerably less than he would have had he been loaned to a club at which his stock would have risen. They took the loan fee but it could cost them in the long run.

Compare that to Brewster whose value rose considerably from January to the end of the season here.

Maybe someone at Liverpool will analyse these things and reach an obvious conclusion...

You would have thought that would have been realised a few months back, but brewsters millions talked louder.

Harry Wilson on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 1563 viewsHighjack

Perhaps they looked at us signing Gibbs White and thought Wilson would struggle to get a game?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harry Wilson on 14:02 - Dec 13 with 1540 viewsangryjack

Harry Wilson on 12:45 - Dec 13 by Joe_bradshaw

Ye but don't think it was all down to us that Brewster's stock rose.. The boy himself has got a bit of talent, if it was all down to us Surridge would be getting sold for millions as well,who knows if Wilson came here he would have kicked on,hyperthetical.
Harry Wilson on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’d much rather MGW thanks. Suits the way we play to a tee. Wilson wouldn’t

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Harry Wilson on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 1515 viewsHighjack

Harry Wilson on 14:02 - Dec 13 by angryjack

Ye but don't think it was all down to us that Brewster's stock rose.. The boy himself has got a bit of talent, if it was all down to us Surridge would be getting sold for millions as well,who knows if Wilson came here he would have kicked on,hyperthetical.

Brewster was banging them in pre season, looked like he was going to be part of the team, then missed that penalty and was chucked on the scrapheap.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Harry Wilson on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 1513 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Harry Wilson on 14:02 - Dec 13 by angryjack

Yes, of course Brewster's talent was a major factor. The boy is a fine prospect but he's a round peg who needs to play in a round hole. Unfortunately for him he's in a square hole at Sheffield United and as a result in spite of his talent he has the same number of Premier league goals as me.

Harry Wilson on 14:18 - Dec 13 with 1496 viewsnantywatcher

Brewster played the last 35/40 minutes today - I'm not sure if he actually touched the ball in all that time. Certainly never received one pass.
Harry Wilson on 14:46 - Dec 13 with 1461 viewsjasper_T

Harry Wilson on 14:12 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Brewster was banging them in pre season, looked like he was going to be part of the team, then missed that penalty and was chucked on the scrapheap.

And after every preseason game where he scored Klopp was telling people that Brewster still had a lot to work on in his all-around game, as anyone who watched him for us should be well aware of. He wasn't "chucked on the scrapheap" as the result of a missed penalty.
Harry Wilson on 16:22 - Dec 13 with 1384 viewspencoedjack

Harry Wilson on 12:44 - Dec 13 by jasper_T

Got to admit Wilson ( edited got the wrong Welshman) isn’t as good as I thought

Think the scousers will regret not taking the reported 20 million that Burnley offered in the summer.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 17:12]
Harry Wilson on 17:03 - Dec 13 with 1332 viewsKilkennyjack

Harry Wilson on 16:22 - Dec 13 by pencoedjack

Got to admit Wilson ( edited got the wrong Welshman) isn’t as good as I thought

Think the scousers will regret not taking the reported 20 million that Burnley offered in the summer.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 17:12]

You are wrong about Dai.
As Jasper says Brooks is real quality, he is young. His time will come.

Ampadu is a centre back as per Japers post.
He can also play midfield in a good team, sadly Blades are anything but ...

Yes Wilson is really a Championship level player.
Swans would have suited him far far better.

Beware of the Risen People

Harry Wilson on 18:53 - Dec 13 with 1229 viewsDJack

Wasn't it Wilson who gave the ball away which led to the second goal...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Harry Wilson on 13:51 - Dec 14 with 972 views34dfgdf54

Harry Wilson on 18:53 - Dec 13 by DJack

Wasn't it Wilson who gave the ball away which led to the second goal...

Yeah it was, and then he chased back and tried putting Jamal in the heath the dirty little tw*t.

He must be devastated he was forced to sign for them.
Harry Wilson on 15:38 - Dec 14 with 897 viewsswancity

Harry Wilson on 13:51 - Dec 14 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah it was, and then he chased back and tried putting Jamal in the heath the dirty little tw*t.

He must be devastated he was forced to sign for them.

Forced to sign for them?

I thought it was just down to them offering him more money?

Bad, uninformed choice on his part anyway...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024