Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top six watch 20:34 - Feb 1 with 103773 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve changed the thread title, I’m getting the feeling a lots about to change.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Top six watch on 23:42 - Apr 2 with 3013 viewsChief

Top six watch on 23:29 - Apr 2 by ReslovenSwan1

At 8pm it was factually correct but 3 defeats on the bounce changes things dramatically. Everyone hoped the international break would be a turning point. Of greater concern is the performance drop off.

Even before tonight wasn't it out of our hands anyway? Even if we'd won tonight and all the rest of our games we'd still be relying on Watford losing.

Unless you think there's a chance we could beat them 8 nil on the final day? Probably need more actually seeing as in this scenario Watford would also win every match up until the last day of the season.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Top six watch on 07:42 - Apr 3 with 2872 viewsThornburyswan

Maybe we should close this thread down or rename it ‘Top 7th - 10th watch’
Top six watch on 08:03 - Apr 3 with 2856 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top six watch on 07:42 - Apr 3 by Thornburyswan

Maybe we should close this thread down or rename it ‘Top 7th - 10th watch’

That’s scarily now a distinct possibility. We look like a juicy injured gazelle in a division full of much hungrier lions right now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Top six watch on 12:22 - Apr 3 with 2724 viewsNortbankboy

Top six watch on 08:03 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s scarily now a distinct possibility. We look like a juicy injured gazelle in a division full of much hungrier lions right now

We need to dust ourselves down and hang in there.
Now is the time to back the team don't just give up
Top six watch on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 2698 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top six watch on 12:22 - Apr 3 by Nortbankboy

We need to dust ourselves down and hang in there.
Now is the time to back the team don't just give up

Ifyou’re trying to give a pep talk - give it to the team - they look resigned and they’re the only ones who can improve on the field. They always have my backing but they seem to not back themselves anymore
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 22:29]

Top six watch on 13:16 - Apr 3 with 2681 viewsraynor94

Brentford feeling the pressure too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Top six watch on 14:28 - Apr 3 with 2617 viewsonehunglow

Top six watch on 13:16 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Brentford feeling the pressure too

But go above us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Top six watch on 23:02 - Apr 3 with 2432 viewsAndyCole

Joint 3rd, having most recently been far better and beaten the two teams above us (who were both in the Prem last term).

7 points ahead of 7th placed last year Premier league Muff.

11 points and a game in hand over bitter rivals Cardiff in 8th.

With a 6 ptr against Watford to come, and a run-in against teams we have mostly beaten this season.

Plenty of reasons to be cheerful. Unless you're a sad, unthinking, loser WUM.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Top six watch on 23:08 - Apr 3 with 2429 viewsFireboy2

Top six watch on 23:02 - Apr 3 by AndyCole

Joint 3rd, having most recently been far better and beaten the two teams above us (who were both in the Prem last term).

With a 6 ptr against Watford to come, and a run-in against teams we have mostly beaten this season.

Hes alive.
Top six watch on 09:29 - Apr 4 with 2324 viewsNortbankboy

Top six watch on 13:04 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Ifyou’re trying to give a pep talk - give it to the team - they look resigned and they’re the only ones who can improve on the field. They always have my backing but they seem to not back themselves anymore
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 22:29]

I think a top six finish is a good season myself.
Anything can happen in the play offs
Top six watch on 11:51 - Apr 4 with 2270 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top six watch on 09:29 - Apr 4 by Nortbankboy

I think a top six finish is a good season myself.
Anything can happen in the play offs

I don’t disagree but when you’ve been in the top three for a lot of the season then start losing form and hemorrhaging points in the final strait it doesn’t bode well going into those play offs does it. No confidence, no style of play and no form.

Top six watch on 12:11 - Apr 4 with 2262 views34dfgdf54

Top six watch on 11:51 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t disagree but when you’ve been in the top three for a lot of the season then start losing form and hemorrhaging points in the final strait it doesn’t bode well going into those play offs does it. No confidence, no style of play and no form.

Especially when anyone who had an ounce of common sense could see this coming a mile off with the lack of game management, utilising the squad. Brentford also starting to struggle for the same reasons.

“Tired players need to just get on with it”
Top six watch on 12:50 - Apr 4 with 2245 viewsHeadmaster

Top six watch on 12:11 - Apr 4 by 34dfgdf54

Especially when anyone who had an ounce of common sense could see this coming a mile off with the lack of game management, utilising the squad. Brentford also starting to struggle for the same reasons.

Probably one of the most stupid things a manager has ever said.

"It doesn't matter if they are (tired) or they are not - it's the season and the schedule we are in.

Even if they are, it doesn't mean you can't play well and win, so it's irrelevant really whether they are or they aren't."

The bloke's clueless, just like those who still support him.
Top six watch on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 2244 viewsNortbankboy

I agree he should be changing tactics a bit.
There seems to be no plan b.
But when you are third in the league you tend to stick with what you got.
Top six watch on 13:05 - Apr 4 with 2237 viewsFireboy2

Yep a few of us could see it happening and yes tired players will get on with it but the standard will obviously drop if they are playing twice a week.
Top six watch on 14:46 - Apr 4 with 2195 viewsHeadmaster

Another thing I don't get about Cooper - how can you be coaching for 20+ years and still not have a semblance of tactical nous? He must have learnt something in that 20 year period.

It's mostly youth football, granted, but the bloke was teaching on an FA Wales course a few years ago. That's when Garry Monk said he reminded him of Rodgers - the irony!
Top six watch on 18:15 - Apr 4 with 2132 viewsCatullus

Top six watch on 14:46 - Apr 4 by Headmaster

Another thing I don't get about Cooper - how can you be coaching for 20+ years and still not have a semblance of tactical nous? He must have learnt something in that 20 year period.

It's mostly youth football, granted, but the bloke was teaching on an FA Wales course a few years ago. That's when Garry Monk said he reminded him of Rodgers - the irony!

It's nothing like Rodgers, at least with him when we got the ball we could keep it. Our passing is that bad it almost looks like they're passing to the oppo on purpose.

PS Andy Cole, everyone knows you're an unthinking WUM, further discourse is pointless.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Top six watch on 10:15 - Apr 5 with 1979 viewsmonmouth

Top six watch on 18:15 - Apr 4 by Catullus

It's nothing like Rodgers, at least with him when we got the ball we could keep it. Our passing is that bad it almost looks like they're passing to the oppo on purpose.

PS Andy Cole, everyone knows you're an unthinking WUM, further discourse is pointless.

He talks a good PowerPoint, so his sales pitch may sound like Rodgers. He simply lacks the skill, bravery and capability to implement anything but the usual FA badgeman frightened turgid garbage in practice.

Still, luck out 7 more 1-0 wins and we’re home and dry. Or two 1-0s and a 0-0 in the playoffs.

Personally I hope we just try and restore pride this afternoon and try and look and act like a highly placed championship football team, rather than a non league rabble in an overmatched cup tie.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Top six watch on 10:52 - Apr 5 with 1970 viewsFireboy2

Top six watch on 14:46 - Apr 4 by Headmaster

I've said the same to some fellow jacks i know.

Surely with all that time in coaching he will have used a different formation to 3 5 2.

Puzzling.
Top six watch on 11:03 - Apr 5 with 1961 viewsmonmouth

Top six watch on 10:52 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Surely with all that time in coaching he will have used a different formation to 3 5 2.

Puzzling.

He used a different formation here before he accidentally 'found' 3-5-2. We had become just as turgid then.

It's not formation, it's mindset.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Top six watch on 11:04 - Apr 5 with 1952 viewsonehunglow

Top six watch on 10:52 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Puzzling.

It might be down to simple stubborness.
I hope it is really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Top six watch on 12:42 - Apr 5 with 1897 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Top six watch on 23:02 - Apr 3 by AndyCole

I wonder what the correct term is for someone who can't or refuses to recognise reality when it is hitting him in the face.
Whatever it is it fits AC to a tee.
Top six watch on 14:53 - Apr 5 with 1797 viewslifelong

Win today and we’re still in the mix, it’s not over.

COYS.
Top six watch on 15:22 - Apr 5 with 1767 viewsDJack

Top six watch on 14:53 - Apr 5 by lifelong

Win today and we’re still in the mix, it’s not over.

COYS.

For our "playing style" it is.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Top six watch on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 1741 viewsthornabyswan

Top six watch on 15:22 - Apr 5 by DJack

For our "playing style" it is.

Muff Barnsley and Reading all winning be lucky to stay in the Play offs the way we are going.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024