Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
176 million 20:49 - Feb 19 with 2104 viewspencoedjack

If you won the euro millions tonight would you invest in Swansea City?
176 million on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 1138 viewsTreforys_Jack

I'd buy Cardiff, think you can work out the rest.
176 million on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 1127 viewsGaryjack

176 million on 21:03 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

Good idea. Then sell all their players to get some of my money back, borrow the rest from Langston in the clubs name, then sit back and let nature take it's course!
176 million on 21:11 - Feb 19 with 1118 viewsTreforys_Jack

176 million on 21:09 - Feb 19 by Garyjack

Good idea. Then sell all their players to get some of my money back, borrow the rest from Langston in the clubs name, then sit back and let nature take it's course!

Can you imagine the frenzy BBC Wales would get into
176 million on 21:16 - Feb 19 with 1105 viewspencoedjack

Very imaginative lads 👍
176 million on 21:17 - Feb 19 with 1102 viewsGaryjack

176 million on 21:11 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

Can you imagine the frenzy BBC Wales would get into

I guess it would be quite a biggy, especially with the free shirt sponsorship being Jackarmy!
176 million on 21:18 - Feb 19 with 1090 viewsCatullus

No. I'd use it for something worthwhile. Football would be the last place I'd put my money.

The most they would get out of me would be an offer for one of the private boxes for my lifetime, I'd negotiate the price and that'd be it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

176 million on 21:28 - Feb 19 with 1071 viewsjasper_T

176 million on 21:18 - Feb 19 by Catullus

No. I'd use it for something worthwhile. Football would be the last place I'd put my money.

The most they would get out of me would be an offer for one of the private boxes for my lifetime, I'd negotiate the price and that'd be it.

Buy a small club. Employ people, build facilities. Plenty of worthwhile ways to spend money in football, it's not all millionaires and their agents. What's the point of sitting on £176m? You can't take it with you. Spend £175m within a community, never see a penny back, and live very well on the million left over.
176 million on 21:30 - Feb 19 with 1062 viewsmax936

Not a chance, without proper access to books and where the money was going and what it was being spent on, I trust no one with my money, let alone a football club, I'm bad enough looking after it myself.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

176 million on 21:43 - Feb 19 with 1037 viewsSirjohnalot

Invest it in something like DIY SOS, can you imagine how more good work they could do ?
176 million on 21:47 - Feb 19 with 1023 viewsmax936

176 million on 21:43 - Feb 19 by Sirjohnalot

Invest it in something like DIY SOS, can you imagine how more good work they could do ?

Ty Hafan, would be my first port of call, my lad went there for yrs, they're fantastic there, Ty Olwen is another place and mental health society's dementia/alzheimer's another.

176 million on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 1008 viewsScotia

Not on your life.

Footballers earn far too much, I'd never support their obscene wages.

Having said that I would never see the club go under but no player would earn more than a junior Dr.
176 million on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 992 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ah rite, we're being serious, okay, I wouldn't really buy Cardiff. Family trust fund set up, maybe 20 million, then various charitable organisations, with Many Tears right up there at the front of the queue. Maybe even start up my own animal rescue centre/sanctuary.
176 million on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 981 viewspencoedjack

176 million on 21:28 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

Buy a small club. Employ people, build facilities. Plenty of worthwhile ways to spend money in football, it's not all millionaires and their agents. What's the point of sitting on £176m? You can't take it with you. Spend £175m within a community, never see a penny back, and live very well on the million left over.

Exactly what I would do.

You’d see Pencoed winning the Welsh league & a few nice trips to qualifying rounds in Europe with the boys.

Watch this space 👍
176 million on 22:09 - Feb 19 with 970 viewsSirjohnalot

176 million on 21:47 - Feb 19 by max936

Ty Hafan, would be my first port of call, my lad went there for yrs, they're fantastic there, Ty Olwen is another place and mental health society's dementia/alzheimer's another.

Absolutely. Can you imagine how great it would feel supporting local charities and helping people who really need it ? For me it’d be the MS society,
Or on a football theme, have a random draw every home game for season ticket holders that you’d buy them next years season ticket. Always thought of doing that if I ever won the lottery
176 million on 22:31 - Feb 19 with 939 viewsmax936

176 million on 21:54 - Feb 19 by Scotia

Not on your life.

Footballers earn far too much, I'd never support their obscene wages.

Having said that I would never see the club go under but no player would earn more than a junior Dr.

I fully agree, but its the entertainment business, so they can basically name their own price, sadly.

176 million on 22:34 - Feb 19 with 930 viewsDr_Parnassus

No chance. 176 million is a sum that could go in 2 years quite easily buying a football club like ours. Very little up side. It’s a money pit with very little chance of a decent worthwhile return.

20 years ago my answer would be yes. But since expectation has been sky high it wouldn’t be worth it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

176 million on 22:37 - Feb 19 with 932 viewsmax936

176 million on 22:09 - Feb 19 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely. Can you imagine how great it would feel supporting local charities and helping people who really need it ? For me it’d be the MS society,
Or on a football theme, have a random draw every home game for season ticket holders that you’d buy them next years season ticket. Always thought of doing that if I ever won the lottery

MS is more than a worthy cause, my dear old Mother has recently been diagnosed with PSP I've never heard of it before, but its another cruel disease that little is know about it, well, from what I can gather at least, so that's another worthy cause.

176 million on 22:53 - Feb 19 with 909 viewsbritferry

176 million on 21:03 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

I don't think that would cover what they owe Sam & Tan & Nantes

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

176 million on 23:00 - Feb 19 with 905 viewsKeithHaynes

Put them all on £150 a week.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

176 million on 23:19 - Feb 19 with 888 viewsmajorraglan

If the club was languishing in the depths of the football league much as Newport were a few years ago, then maybe, but not where they are now. I would buy/hire 2 boxes, one that I’d use and a second I’d “donate” to good causes /charities to use.

About 18 months ago my youngest nearly died after being taken seriously ill with food poisoning while we on holiday and we are forever in the debt of the Spanish doctor who saved him. The town and surrounding area have been ravaged by Covid, I’d go back to the hospital to see what kit I could get for the doctor to improve patient care. I’d also pay for his daughter to go to Med School.

I’d buy some kit for our local hospital and set up a charitable foundation for the local area. I’d chuck some money in to Aberavon RFC, some local sports clubs in the area and do something like a local version of the Princes Trust to help youngsters set up businesses which will hopefully generate more economic prosperity.
176 million on 00:01 - Feb 20 with 856 viewsmax936

176 million on 23:00 - Feb 19 by KeithHaynes

Put them all on £150 a week.

Penny a day and a horse shit sandwich mun, be better thought of

176 million on 07:42 - Feb 20 with 764 viewspencoedjack

Anyway nobody won so it will be a bit more on Tuesday.

Obviously some very decent people post on this board judging by the replies.
176 million on 09:21 - Feb 20 with 720 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’d buy a half share in the swans for 25 million and the rest I’d like to use to improve Swansea life in general.

I’d build and run a dedicated detoxification facility to get people off heroinstreet drugs/alcohol that are bringing out city down with realistic terms of treatment for those who wish to get off them. Also the means of rehabilitation into society - employment training and help finding them places to live , jobs and help to de stigmatize them from their past.

Another thing might be to find partners to invest in cheap means of domestic sustainable energy to take people out of fuel poverty and for the area to become almost self sufficient in energy generation. Develop a partnership with the university’s research and development departments and find ways of mass producing the most cost effective and efficient solar panels for example.

I know, a bit boring innit.

Oh, and establish a proper ferry between here and ilfracombe or North Cornwall . Think I’m going to need to win it twice!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

176 million on 09:32 - Feb 20 with 709 viewsWhiterockin

Amazing how many want somebody to replace the Americans and pump money into the club. But if they were in a position to do it wouldn't.

For the record. I wouldn't buy the club just a box on a long term contract. So I am like everybody else.
176 million on 10:04 - Feb 20 with 688 viewspencoedjack

176 million on 09:32 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

Amazing how many want somebody to replace the Americans and pump money into the club. But if they were in a position to do it wouldn't.

For the record. I wouldn't buy the club just a box on a long term contract. So I am like everybody else.

Some bloke who won the lottery pumped money into Newport County a few years back, I read he left soon after seeing his money being whittled away quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024