Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 17:08 - Mar 13 with 17974 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another trip down to John Bond’s old house on the coast, Harry loves it there as does Ted Macdougall who may or not be dead.

Bournemouth v Swansea City
Deans in Court
Tuesday March 16th 2021
Kick Off 7.45pm

Match Officials
JAMES LININGTON
Daniel Leach and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

James Linington, ah the chap from 2009 who reduced the swans to seven players in a carling cup tie. That was a long time ago, he insisted swans player Besian ( RIP) although badly injured stand on the pitch so he could finish the game without having to call it off.

Linington being silly in 2009

This game will be televised LIVE by the evil SKY TV

The swans haven’t won in eight games against Bournemouth, the last time was a 4-1 away win in 2007. A 1-0 win at Luton on Saturday for the swans and a 3-2 home loss for Bournemouth against Barnsley are the most recent results. Bournemouth will be desperate to win this game as much as the swans.

Swans stats v AFC Bournemouth
Games won: 23
Games drawn: 13
Games lost: 24

Ted Macdougall update : Alive and well

Things to do in Bournemouth
Hengistbury Head
Getting to the top of the head at Hengitsbury is possible, that’s if you make the long journey to the game to listen to it on the wireless in the club car park. This unspoilt Covid free area of the town is sandy and has water. It also has a visitor centre where you can visit. The visitor centre is a great day out. As is the nature reserve. However we’ve just done some research and it’s all closed, so no head opening in Hengitsbury. Sorry.

Hengitsbury Head before it caught Covid

Bournemouth latest news
From Jonathan Woodgate on Adam Smith
"He's going for a scan today," said the head coach. "He won't be fit for tomorrow or the weekend so we'll see how he is after that. Hopefully we'll get a prognosis off the medical team. Smith was replaced by Jack Stacey against the Tykes, with Woodgate pleased to have such an able player to come in for him down the right flank "We've got two really good right-backs at the club," he said. "When Jack played against Burnley in my second game in charge, I thought he was very good, so we have him. We're gutted that Smudge isn't available but now it's an opportunity for Jack to come in and play."

Adam Smith having a limp on Saturday

Swans latest news
Marc Guehi is set to miss out for the Swans with the groin injury he suffered against Blackburn, with Joel Latibeaudiere impressing in his absence at Luton. Paul Arriola is fighting to return from a thigh injury, while Wayne Routledge and Brandon Cooper have recently returned from injury. Liam Cullen, Steven Benda, Jordan Morris and Tivonge Rushesha are all sidelined for the longer-term.

Bournemouth v Swansea City Pre Match EFL Championship Review LATEST 16th Mar 2021 10:08
Tonights game at the Vitality stadium is another LIVE event on SKY with a 7.45pm kick off time. Conor Hourihane will most certainly feature in a game that could well define the cherries season. A loss could see them move out of the play off picture, if the swans avoid defeat they will go second. 0

Bournemouth: Asmir Begovic, Steve Cook (captain), Jefferson Lerna, Dominic Solanke, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Wilshere, Jack Stacey, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Junior Stanislas, Diego Rico, Phil Billing.

Substitutes: Mark Travers, Chris Mepham, Shane Long, Sam Surridge, Rodrigo Riquelme, Ben Pearson, Gavin Kilkenny, Jaidon Anthony, Jordan Zemura.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango, Kieron Freeman, Ollie Cooper.

Swans hit another brick wall and lose to Bournemouth. The game dissected. 17th Mar 2021 10:35
This wasn’t the be all and end all of games, it wasn’t even a defining moment in the season that has seen the swans in contention again for the premier league. What it was last night on the south coast of England was confirmation that Swansea City, despite their desire to win every game possible haven’t got the tools to do so. The swans will make the play offs but any more matches like the one we witnessed last night in Bournemouth, and indeed at Huddersfield and it will be another tale of so close but so far. 2

Nothing to Follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 1315 viewsFireboy2

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:18 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Showing his lack of knowledge too, it's Buendia Norwich miss.

I'd prefer a showcase performance and a big win but if we have to win ugly again then so be it I guess. Just 3 points please

If we win ugly against the Cherries can we please blow Cardiff away? Why do people talk about either /or, I want both, 6 points this week and we are well set.

Down arrowed by mistake.

Great post Cat, id take a scrappy win or even a draw.

COYJB.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Mar 16 with 1317 viewsGroo

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Served a total of 19 months for abusing 16 girls under 13.
Loads of other charges were not guilty. Inc rape and other sexual assaults.
BBC defended themselves by stating he was untouchable because of his celebrity status, shame the police didn’t go hunting those paedophilic bosses as well.

Saville was protected too, I believe Johnny Rotten even tried to out him.

Then you have the Asian gangs up North, untouchable because of perceived racism.

No-one should be off limits for this type of crime, not even a Prince, even though in that case I question the label 'pedophile' based on the only known accusation with a 17 year old.

Groo does what Groo does best

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Mar 16 with 1234 viewsBadlands

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Mar 16 by Groo

Then you have the Asian gangs up North, untouchable because of perceived racism.

No-one should be off limits for this type of crime, not even a Prince, even though in that case I question the label 'pedophile' based on the only known accusation with a 17 year old.

The definitions are blurred because of various age limits in different US States.
No defence for abuse of any kind though.
I.m always amazed bout Saville as jokes ( in bad taste) were common at he the time he was considered Mr wonderful.
You mention Asian grooming gangs, quite rightly, but ignore white grooming gangs in South Wales, South of England and the Catholic Church which has covered and excused thousands of abusers and institutions for centuries.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Mar 16 with 1219 viewsSirjohnalot

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Mar 16 by Groo

Asian gangs are regularly, prosecuted. I've defended in quite a few cases over the years. Papers have agendas to make their readesrs beleive they're not. If they were not prosecuted, how does the public know about their existance ?
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 1190 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Mar 16 by Sirjohnalot

Asian gangs are regularly, prosecuted. I've defended in quite a few cases over the years. Papers have agendas to make their readesrs beleive they're not. If they were not prosecuted, how does the public know about their existance ?

You've defended them?
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:14 - Mar 16 with 1174 viewsGroo

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Mar 16 by angryjack

You've defended them?

Its only correct for someone to isn't it?

Anyway, this is the match thread.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Mar 16 with 1170 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Mar 16 by Sirjohnalot

Now they are, yes. Last 10 or 15 or so years. A lot of progress has been made.

But it's a fact that a blind eye was turned by authorities of all kinds (Children's homes, councils, social services, police forces etc) in several different parts of the country for decades- 80s, 90s, through to the mid-noughties. We know one of the reasons for this was fear of being accused of racism.

It isn't all just one big right-wing conspiracy cooked up by the tabloids.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on its way on 18:22 - Mar 16 with 1158 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Back on topic,

My money's on a 1-1 draw tonight. Like somebody else said, I can see us scraping a goal from somewhere, a set-piece for instance, but I'm nowhere near as confident in our defence as I once was so I suspect we'll concede one too. They've been hit and miss for a while but they're still scoring goals.

I'd love to be wrong and that we go on to win and win well, but we all know that isn't how we go about things this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Mar 16 with 1148 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Mar 16 by LittleEnglandJack

Now they are, yes. Last 10 or 15 or so years. A lot of progress has been made.

But it's a fact that a blind eye was turned by authorities of all kinds (Children's homes, councils, social services, police forces etc) in several different parts of the country for decades- 80s, 90s, through to the mid-noughties. We know one of the reasons for this was fear of being accused of racism.

It isn't all just one big right-wing conspiracy cooked up by the tabloids.

It's also the case ,countless malicious allegations were made by care home juveniles as they were aware that serious compensation could be had and maximum trouble for staff who tried to control them.#

Social Workers had a tough time indeed.

It was a job whereby you and your family could be destroyed by a feral juvenile looking for compo.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Mar 16 with 1150 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:14 - Mar 16 by Groo

Its only correct for someone to isn't it?

Anyway, this is the match thread.

Ye..that's why solicitor s and barristers are crooks like them ....they still defend these scum when the evidence is above andbeyond ....
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Mar 16 with 1122 viewsKeithHaynes

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Mar 16 by angryjack

Ye..that's why solicitor s and barristers are crooks like them ....they still defend these scum when the evidence is above andbeyond ....

They defend and prosecute mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Mar 16 with 1096 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

It' their job mun and they do it to the best of their ability and that includes the very worst sexual offenders,who ,if found guilty,they will plead for as short a sentence a possible.

No way can a barrister have any moral boundaries in Court.

Clever clever people

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on its way on 18:51 - Mar 16 with 1092 viewsKeithHaynes

Bournemouth: Asmir Begovic, Steve Cook (captain), Jefferson Lerna, Dominic Solanke, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Wilshere, Jack Stacey, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Junior Stanislas, Diego Rico, Phil Billing.

Substitutes: Mark Travers, Chris Mepham, Shane Long, Sam Surridge, Rodrigo Riquelme, Ben Pearson, Gavin Kilkenny, Jaidon Anthony, Jordan Zemura.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango, Kieron Freeman, Ollie Cooper.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Mar 16 with 1081 viewsKeithHaynes

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

It' their job mun and they do it to the best of their ability and that includes the very worst sexual offenders,who ,if found guilty,they will plead for as short a sentence a possible.

No way can a barrister have any moral boundaries in Court.

Clever clever people

In answer to another question.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 16 with 1055 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Mar 15 by Fireboy2

Jeez you do go on sometimes.

This is showbizz baby. I never bought into The parker wearing "Stiff little fingers " genre and much preferred the showbizz Freddie Mercury and Queen for example.

Freddie was a showman whereas Joe Burns lives with his wife Shirley in Chigago and rarely visits Belfast these day. As for Fergal Sharkey. I am not sure who he is. I was convinced he was a founder member of SLF but it appears this is not the case. I could argue for days with Chief over this.

Mr Cole goes for it and of course like Freddie M will be subjected to one lineput down by those less skilled wordsmiths. Fergal Sharkey never used 'Be-elzibub' in any of his lyrics whoever he is. Man I am getting nervous. Tonight could prove decisive.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 19:02]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:58 - Mar 16 with 1051 viewsKeithHaynes

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

This is showbizz baby. I never bought into The parker wearing "Stiff little fingers " genre and much preferred the showbizz Freddie Mercury and Queen for example.

Freddie was a showman whereas Joe Burns lives with his wife Shirley in Chigago and rarely visits Belfast these day. As for Fergal Sharkey. I am not sure who he is. I was convinced he was a founder member of SLF but it appears this is not the case. I could argue for days with Chief over this.

Mr Cole goes for it and of course like Freddie M will be subjected to one lineput down by those less skilled wordsmiths. Fergal Sharkey never used 'Be-elzibub' in any of his lyrics whoever he is. Man I am getting nervous. Tonight could prove decisive.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 19:02]

Parka wearing SLF ?
I don’t think so amigo.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1036 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

I do know had enough time with them over years...
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:01 - Mar 16 with 1030 viewsGroo

A Good Heart is all I can remember from Fergal Sharkey, what was his band again, Undertones was it?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:04 - Mar 16 with 1008 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:01 - Mar 16 by Groo

A Good Heart is all I can remember from Fergal Sharkey, what was his band again, Undertones was it?

I picture a rainbow,you held it in your hand,
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:05 - Mar 16 with 1004 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:58 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Parka wearing SLF ?
I don’t think so amigo.

I could be getting mixed up here. I might have conflagated two separarte 'angry young men' bands from Belfast. Not my selected A level this.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:14 - Mar 16 with 972 viewsGroo

Watford and Brentford both winning already

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Mar 16 with 956 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:05 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I could be getting mixed up here. I might have conflagated two separarte 'angry young men' bands from Belfast. Not my selected A level this.

I could also have got mixed up thinking this was a match day thread.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:17 - Mar 16 with 953 viewsFireboy2

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:14 - Mar 16 by Groo

Another penalty for brentford 🤔
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:17 - Mar 16 with 955 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper will not change the setup and rest anyone will he.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:41 - Mar 16 with 891 viewsFlashberryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 19:14 - Mar 16 by Groo

Watford 3 up now

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024