Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Rule 10:49 - Feb 28 with 15545 viewsCatullus

Drakeford wants it, devo max, go Federal, whatever you want to call it. His speech said a lot but was very light on detail. It was full of optimistic generalisations without saying much at all.
It is obvious now why the Labour party wanted to give the vote to 16/17 year olds, they are targettting them at the next election with this home rule demand because they know young people are more likley to support it, or independence.
This change in the voting laws was nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tilting the vote in their favour but maybe it'll backfire and those youngsters will vote Plaid?

That aside, whn will we hear details? When will Drakeford give us the opportunity to weight up his plans?
He has also said more than once he won't serve a full term if he wins, that most likely means we'll have Gething foisted on us...from frying pan into the fire then. Can we vote for a party when we know the leader isn't interested in doing the term? Certainly people didn't like it when we had Bojo foisted on us, plenty said we didn'tvote for him and said it wasn't democratic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Home Rule on 15:25 - Feb 28 with 2508 viewsKeithHaynes

A generic speech with little foundation has been the default position to blind those who just want to hear what they want to hear. Too much detail and it becomes an issue.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Home Rule on 18:44 - Feb 28 with 2471 viewsFlashberryjack

Home Rule on 15:25 - Feb 28 by KeithHaynes

A generic speech with little foundation has been the default position to blind those who just want to hear what they want to hear. Too much detail and it becomes an issue.

The guy is a bumbling idiot, the sooner him and the WAG are gone the better.

It's pretty obvious why the voting age was lowered, it surprised me that they were allowed to do it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Home Rule on 18:53 - Feb 28 with 2464 viewsScotia

I haven't seen the speech.

Lowering the voting age and having this policy is purely an attempt to take Plaid votes. Nothing more and nothing less. It may backfire and the younger voters will vote Plaid but I doubt it.

We'll be stuck with Drakeford until 2023 and inherit Gething by virtue of a coronation and the ineptitude will continue.
Home Rule on 18:59 - Feb 28 with 2449 viewspencoedjack

Labour have failed Wales for the last 20 years in the WA I have little doubt it will continue after this election.

Longest waiting lists for elective surgeries

Failing education system

Money ploughed into Cardiff & very little outside of that area

Can’t see the need for a M4 relief road

The lists goes on.

It saddens me that Welsh people continue to vote Labour.
Home Rule on 19:50 - Feb 28 with 2446 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 18:59 - Feb 28 by pencoedjack

Labour have failed Wales for the last 20 years in the WA I have little doubt it will continue after this election.

Longest waiting lists for elective surgeries

Failing education system

Money ploughed into Cardiff & very little outside of that area

Can’t see the need for a M4 relief road

The lists goes on.

It saddens me that Welsh people continue to vote Labour.

Well at least I can guarantee you I won't vote Labour!

Don't get me started on elective surgery...I've decided to complain, my particular case makes bad reading for the NHS. The people who make the decisions pull all kinds of stunts to make lists look shorter and people get left behind. I'm one of them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Home Rule on 20:00 - Feb 28 with 2432 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 19:50 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Don't get me started on elective surgery...I've decided to complain, my particular case makes bad reading for the NHS. The people who make the decisions pull all kinds of stunts to make lists look shorter and people get left behind. I'm one of them.

Unfortunately unless you complain these days you will be pushed to the back of the queue
Home Rule on 20:02 - Feb 28 with 2439 viewsmajorraglan

Home Rule on 19:50 - Feb 28 by Catullus

I was talking to a consultant the weekend, he told me that as far as he understood it all non cancer surgery operations in our Health Board have been cancelled for ages.

No doubting what your saying about lists, I suspect that happens across the piste but it’s a disgraceful practice and shouldn’t be allowed.
Home Rule on 20:09 - Feb 28 with 2422 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 20:02 - Feb 28 by majorraglan

I was talking to a consultant the weekend, he told me that as far as he understood it all non cancer surgery operations in our Health Board have been cancelled for ages.

No doubting what your saying about lists, I suspect that happens across the piste but it’s a disgraceful practice and shouldn’t be allowed.

I can guarantee you that there has been more orthopaedic surgeries cancelled in Wales than any other part of the UK.

We had the longest waiting lists for this type of surgery pre COVID & I believe Swansea topped the list for the longest wait.
Login to get fewer ads

Home Rule on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 2430 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 20:02 - Feb 28 by majorraglan

Click on the link for Trauma and orthopaedic, it says they expected to retart elective surgery on the 22nd, last week. One of my neighbours says a friend was called in.

Last Spetember I was told I was in the next tranche and should be seen in October...then November...then December and then they stopped surgery again. Now it's apparently restarted.

I don't know what's going on but I'll be in a wheelchair if they don't operate soon. Both my knees are giving up and my right hip is painful too now. There are days when I feel like giving up. I rarely sleep properly and haven't for over 2 years.

Home Rule on 20:25 - Feb 28 with 2418 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 20:13 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Click on the link for Trauma and orthopaedic, it says they expected to retart elective surgery on the 22nd, last week. One of my neighbours says a friend was called in.

Last Spetember I was told I was in the next tranche and should be seen in October...then November...then December and then they stopped surgery again. Now it's apparently restarted.

I don't know what's going on but I'll be in a wheelchair if they don't operate soon. Both my knees are giving up and my right hip is painful too now. There are days when I feel like giving up. I rarely sleep properly and haven't for over 2 years.

That’s awful.

I hope you have your operation(a) soon.

Stay strong.
Home Rule on 08:47 - Mar 1 with 2370 viewsBoundy

My mate who's been suffering for years with both his hips ( to the extent he's virtually house bound ) has an appointment this week at Neath Port Talbot to hopefully start the process of a hip replacement. Myself I've been refused a further cortisone injection for my knee which has little cartilage left due to injury and wear and tear , the reason given is any treatment I may have to have should I contract covid may lessen its impact ??. not sure what that's all about but .
PS to go private for the hip op is 12K

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Home Rule on 09:00 - Mar 1 with 2359 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Result of latest poll.

14% of welsh electorate support independence
15% of welsh electorate support abolishing Welsh senedd

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 09:34 - Mar 1 with 2332 viewsraynor94

Krankie doing a fantastic job for Scotland remaining in the UK.

Latest polls showing less than half of the Scottish population would vote for independence

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Home Rule on 10:41 - Mar 1 with 2319 viewsKeithHaynes

Stay strong mate, it will happen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Home Rule on 13:27 - Mar 1 with 2271 viewsonehunglow

So this Home Rule for Wales;the whole of it.

Capital still Cardiff?

Caernarfon still not worthy then a it's the centre of Welsh speaking culture.

After home rule ,Wales would split North South with border about LLandrindod Wells

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Home Rule on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 2262 viewscontroversial_jack

Home Rule on 18:53 - Feb 28 by Scotia

I haven't seen the speech.

Lowering the voting age and having this policy is purely an attempt to take Plaid votes. Nothing more and nothing less. It may backfire and the younger voters will vote Plaid but I doubt it.

We'll be stuck with Drakeford until 2023 and inherit Gething by virtue of a coronation and the ineptitude will continue.

It's what the Conservatives do, they change the boundaries to nick more votes
Home Rule on 13:52 - Mar 1 with 2260 viewsonehunglow

Think you'll find that not the case.
Wilson's government made significant changes including the country I now reside

Home Rule on 14:08 - Mar 1 with 2255 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Part of me would be delighted to see Westminster agree, cast Wales adrift and cut off the funding that ensures the people of Wales get to enjoy the current public services that are financially well in excess of what Wales can afford.

However that would cause immense poverty, illness, starvation and death. So let's hope this nonsense doesn't gain traction.

If I have to hear one more person say "but Wales will be rich because we'll sell the water to England" I might snap.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Home Rule on 14:20 - Mar 1 with 2245 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 14:08 - Mar 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Part of me would be delighted to see Westminster agree, cast Wales adrift and cut off the funding that ensures the people of Wales get to enjoy the current public services that are financially well in excess of what Wales can afford.

However that would cause immense poverty, illness, starvation and death. So let's hope this nonsense doesn't gain traction.

If I have to hear one more person say "but Wales will be rich because we'll sell the water to England" I might snap.

As it is,Dwight.Bang on the money.

Wales ,if cast aside,would not make third world as a country.

For a start ,the people most hated,the English,would be the biggest market in the biggest economy -tourism.Wales has little outside it to offer and given the climate,it's a limited market.Not all foreigners want to spend 2 weeks in a drizzle soaked small town with nothing of any aesthetic interest and nowt for kids to do .Try entertaining kids on a rain soaked beach .

Not everyone wants to engage the language fascists head on either

Home Rule on 14:27 - Mar 1 with 2246 viewsFireboy2

Home Rule on 14:08 - Mar 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It would be worth it just to see you snap 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Home Rule on 14:51 - Mar 1 with 2224 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 14:27 - Mar 1 by Fireboy2

It would be worth it just to see you snap 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But you'll stay in England bringing up your family within an English culture.

Being the apparent bartads that tramps make out ,you seem pretty settled to remain.

You ever out in for a transfer to Swansea Fire and Rescue?

Home Rule on 14:56 - Mar 1 with 2212 viewstrampie

What with all our excess energy not to mention all our water, an independent Wales would be booming.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Home Rule on 15:27 - Mar 1 with 2203 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 14:56 - Mar 1 by trampie

What with all our excess energy not to mention all our water, an independent Wales would be booming.

The water stored in English built reservoirs.

Northern England can get its water from the Lakes or the Pennines.

Home Rule on 15:45 - Mar 1 with 2186 viewstrampie

Home Rule on 15:27 - Mar 1 by onehunglow

The water stored in English built reservoirs.

Northern England can get its water from the Lakes or the Pennines.

Councils got money from central Government who got money from general UK wide taxation.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Home Rule on 18:42 - Mar 1 with 2152 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 14:56 - Mar 1 by trampie

Welsh water is already paid a water abstraction fee by the English water company. Wales could not stop supplying water to England. Once the reservoirs are full , they would overflow into rivers like the Severn , Wye and the Dee. The water companies can just pump the water out once they rivers cross the border into England.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024